Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinLen83
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mikey.jpg
TWD.jpg
TMYK.jpg
MAGNETS_How_do_they_work.gif
ashvswalkingdead.jpg
My_Special_Nemesis.jpg
fucking_magnets-e1280755945666.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
TWD_Plunger.jpg
TWD_Pic.jpg
IMAG1297.jpg
20151030_171113.jpg
Ash.jpg
OSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif
F7882-private-sign.png

There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I finally got a chance to play one of these out in the wild at Lucky's Tavern Bar and Grill here in downtown Dayton.
Holy crap.
This game is absolutely awesome. I didn't get an amazing score or anything - about 54 million - but I get it. This game is awesome. All it needs is some Pinball Browser tweaking to bring in the voice actors, and all will be good. Now, I need to decide - Prem or Pro. Bowen did a fantastic video on the Pro, and I played a Pro today, and it is SOLID. I have heard great things about the Prem, but I don't know if I'm ready to pop nearly $1700 more for the extras. I'm still deciding.
Either way, not going to lie, I am starting to gear up my funds to buy this one. Alien better hurry because TWD is here now with solid Lyman code.
I think it is going to look nice next to my NIB ACDC LED Pro and NIB IMVE. Will TWD be NIB? You bet your sweet bippy it will be.

Get the premium, you won't regret it. That Acdc will sit idle, trust me.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I finally got a chance to play one of these out in the wild at Lucky's Tavern Bar and Grill here in downtown Dayton.
Holy crap.
This game is absolutely awesome. I didn't get an amazing score or anything - about 54 million - but I get it. This game is awesome. All it needs is some Pinball Browser tweaking to bring in the voice actors, and all will be good. Now, I need to decide - Prem or Pro. Bowen did a fantastic video on the Pro, and I played a Pro today, and it is SOLID. I have heard great things about the Prem, but I don't know if I'm ready to pop nearly $1700 more for the extras. I'm still deciding.
Either way, not going to lie, I am starting to gear up my funds to buy this one. Alien better hurry because TWD is here now with solid Lyman code.
I think it is going to look nice next to my NIB ACDC LED Pro and NIB IMVE. Will TWD be NIB? You bet your sweet bippy it will be.

We played the premium on last week's Bro show if you want to see some of the differences:

#353 3 years ago

Dead flip has a great vid too of prem play, with lyman and even gary himself.

One thing to consider, the additional price is not lost, as has been noted by others before. No matter when you sell, you'll get most of it back. Maybe more, we'll see where its reputation and demand come to over time. The future looks very bright.

I now need to watch that bro twd vid.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

We played the premium on last week's Bro show if you want to see some of the differences:
ยป YouTube video

Nice Vid, thanks for posting. That gets me so hyped for my soon to be arriving TWD Prem. Ordered only a couple of weeks ago, but feels like months.

That magnet drop down the middle looks alot like the problems I had with the Genie magnet on TOTAN. When I first got it, it would grab the ball, and instead of shaking it, it would just drop it down the middle. Tried everything to fix it (code update etc etc) and nothing worked. Just before I sold it (typical), I put a few layers of Mylar on the magnet to build it up the magnet into a sort of mound/hill. After that it worked perfectly, throwing every time. The problem was the magnet had become slightly concave after time so the ball would just sit there, even though the magnet was trying to shake it. Has anyone tried this as a fix for TWD?

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has anyone tried this as a fix for TWD?

Hold flippers before magnet drop dmd sequence if you are worried about it. Sends a pulse. RARELY drains, usually only on achieving Prison MB and it doesn't matter.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice Vid, thanks for posting.... That magnet drop down the middle looks alot like the problems I had with the Genie magnet on TOTAN. When I first got it, it would grab the ball, and instead of shaking it, it would just drop it down the middle.

The guys in that vid don't know how to properly pulse the magnet. I'm amazed after all this time that so many owners still don't know how to properly pulse the magnet. It's NOT a code issue.

Don't use both flippers. I found it literally cancelled out the pulse and stdm it goes, as seen in the vid. Hit one flipper, pick a side. I wouldn't doubt it that the machine will fling it generally in the direction of the flipper side chosen. From my experience, don't hold it either. It doesn't pulse so much. I tap a flipper over and over again in quick succession. It tends to send it flying.

There are a lot of ways to affect the magnet fling. One flipper, versus the other flipper, versus both. Tap and hold. Don't hold. Tap once, or twice, or more, rapidly and repeatedly, or slowly. I find it all changes how the magnet interacts with the ball.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Much like Iceman , the other games aren't getting any love . Once you go Dead, there aint no turning back <to a regular pinball human> JOIN US!
Ash.jpg

did you add the lost Evil Dead animation in from 1.19?

ashvswalkingdead.jpg

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

ashvswalkingdead.jpg

Can anyone show the Walker kill videos that were removed from current code?
Would be interesting to see what AMC decided was too much.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I miss the lawn mower. Sure it wasn't in the show but it was cool.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

ashvswalkingdead.jpg

didn't think about it , until now. This absolutely must come back ...........from the DEAD <necronomicon chanting>

thx.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hold flippers before magnet drop dmd sequence if you are worried about it. Sends a pulse. RARELY drains, usually only on achieving Prison MB and it doesn't matter.

Just curious, is there a reason the game shouldn't just pulse like that by default? No holding down flippers, just the normal release behavior?

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just curious, is there a reason the game shouldn't just pulse like that by default? No holding down flippers, just the normal release behavior?

This is what mine does. I never have to hit a flipper. Ball always ticks off to one side or the other.

#363 3 years ago

Another aspect rarely noted or used by players is you can pulse the magnet in regular ball play. Tap a flipper quickly and repeatedly as a ball approaches a magnet. If timed reasonably well, the magnet pulse will fling the ball as it rolls over.

It also appears at times one can capture a ball with the magnet with flipper pulses, but that may only be the case upon a mode completion. I've captured the ball on both magnets too, for those without lots of play experience. Ww and prison.

There are many ways the magnets on TWD interact in game play. Lots of fun.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice Vid, thanks for posting. That gets me so hyped for my soon to be arriving TWD Prem. Ordered only a couple of weeks ago, but feels like months.

So were you the one who tried to buy my premium from bruce a few weeks ago

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm adding them back into my game. Lawnmower, Chainsaw & Trident. Will video them soon...

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

So were you the one who tried to buy my premium from bruce a few weeks ago

Not that I know of.....mine was always a container job. They had nothing in stock. Had I seen yours though....... Have you got yours already?

Even though the wait sucks, its given me time to get all the mods/Cliffy's etc. before it arrives.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

The guys in that vid don't know how to properly pulse the magnet. I'm amazed after all this time that so many owners still don't know how to properly pulse the magnet. It's NOT a code issue.
Don't use both flippers. I found it literally cancelled out the pulse and stdm it goes, as seen in the vid. Hit one flipper, pick a side. I wouldn't doubt it that the machine will fling it generally in the direction of the flipper side chosen. From my experience, don't hold it either. It doesn't pulse so much. I tap a flipper over and over again in quick succession. It tends to send it flying.
There are a lot of ways to affect the magnet fling. One flipper, versus the other flipper, versus both. Tap and hold. Don't hold. Tap once, or twice, or more, rapidly and repeatedly, or slowly. I find it all changes how the magnet interacts with the ball.

It's all so obvious!

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It does pulse most of the time, every so often I guess its a weak pulse and ball will drain down middle from prison. It seems it happens to some more often, very rare on mine, and usually on obtaining MB when it doesn't matter anyhow with ball save.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Not only is this response arrogant, it's completely wrong. This isn't a Williams game with a magna save feature. Stern didn't program the game like it's Twilight Zone and you're battling the power.

I just tried this theory and no matter what combination of Mortal Kombat codes I typed in with the flippers, it wouldn't affect the magnets. It's a code issue, bro.

#370 3 years ago

I guess Lyman doesn't know about the secret button combo he programmed in himself?

MAGNETS_How_do_they_work.gif

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

I just tried this theory and no matter what combination of Mortal Kombat codes I typed in with the flippers, it wouldn't affect the magnets. It's a code issue, bro.

Oh man, we need an MK pin with an up, up, down, down, left, right, left , right, B, A, start fatality! !! Oh wait that's nintendo but you get my point
I wonder how many old timers would that they had to use a button configuration in pinball to do a fatality in an MK pin?

#372 3 years ago

As for the prison magnet sdtm. I've said it before and I'll say it again, twd pitch and level adjustment is as picky as the Avengers. You need to find the sweet spot for your table. Mines been doing great since I re-levled and pitched it last week.

Prior to that it was great our of the box but being my pin is on carpet, once the table settled after a couple weeks, it became a drain monster.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh man, we need an MK pin with an up, up, down, down, left, right, left , right, B, A, start fatality! !! Oh wait that's nintendo but you get my point

At the risk (or admittance) of coming across as a total dork, for clarification sake that's the Konami code.

It has nothing to do specifically with Nintendo, and it is certainly not a Mortal Kombat fatality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Konami_code_games

TMYK.jpg

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not that I know of.....mine was always a container job. They had nothing in stock. Had I seen yours though....... Have you got yours already?
Even though the wait sucks, its given me time to get all the mods/Cliffy's etc. before it arrives.

Yes, got it about two weeks ago. Mine came in on a container as well. They were out of stock when I wanted one.

Did you get the topper? They were on sale.

Mine came with the BG fix already on it, but it has started to dig into the mylar. I'm getting the cliffy protector for it now.

#375 3 years ago

I must say, Ive had this game in my living room for the last few months. It is by far one of the most BRUTAL games I have ever laid hands on. This is one of the very few pins that have me coming back FOR MORE every single god damn time! It's funny how I acquired this game, actually: My wife is a huge fan of TWD. That being said, at the Allentown show this year, she got her hands on a PRO. When she asked me why we couldn't have THIS in our home, I simply answered: "IT'S TOO FKIN MUCH! I don't have $8k to blow on a machine!" Well, that changed soon after. For nearly a year, I had been scouring Craigslist for the perfect starter machine...But when I came across this one on Craigslist, all of the stars aligned! The price was right. It was local. IT WAS A LIMITED! Mind you, my wife was away in Cyprus while I made the inquiry on this fantastic machine...Anyway, long story short, I went to go see it, made an offer, and it came home with me! When she got back, her first reaction was naturally "WOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID IT! WOW!" My son who is now 18 months, cant get enough of the game either! mikey.jpg

What Im getting at after boring you with my story is that this machine is absolutely everything I never thought it would be. Fantastic, difficult, challenging, infuriating fun! Stern outdid themselves with this game along with Lyman... I dont even think they know how amazing this machine truly is. Their code updates show more promise every single time - With that being said, im looking forward to the last update which should perfect it.

TWD.jpg

#376 3 years ago

Spectacular game. My favorite ever now. The light show is incredible. Added the blue ramp illumination lights and a bunch of pink hued flashers/GI and it looks awesome. My WW is just fine - its random with the occasional straight left drain or SDTM but not very often and I would not change it!

My friend knows I turn games over quickly and he has definite dibs, so he has been adding mods to my pin before he gets it! The Mezel barn is a must have, nice and small - perfect.

Bought the cell block C decal and put it at foot of prison (like a welcome mat). I always thought the prison was not well identified and the roof now says "survivors inside."

Now how the heck am I gonna get rid of this one?!?

#377 3 years ago

IMO the color changing inserts are a game changer from Stern. To think they still used crappy incandescent lights on recent games like ACDC. What a difference. You should see people's faces when they walk up to this pin.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As for the prison magnet sdtm. I've said it before and I'll say it again, twd pitch and level adjustment is as picky as the Avengers. You need to find the sweet spot for your table. Mines been doing great since I re-levled and pitched it last week.
Prior to that it was great our of the box but being my pin is on carpet, once the table settled after a couple weeks, it became a drain monster.

What pitch do you have it set at?

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

Mine came with the BG fix already on it, but it has started to dig into the mylar. I'm getting the cliffy protector for it now.

Put self adhesive felt underneath, $1 from Hobby Lobby, problem solved

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

What pitch do you have it set at?

I'll check when I get home from work tonight

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

At the risk (or admittance) of coming across as a total dork, for clarification sake that's the Konami code.
It has nothing to do specifically with Nintendo, and it is certainly not a Mortal Kombat fatality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Konami_code_games
TMYK.jpg

Yeah, come on people. Fwd, Down, Fwd, HighPunch!

#382 3 years ago

Dave, I'll be second in line for that Premium! (or first in line if you don't mind screwing over your buddy!) When do you want my deposit?

#383 3 years ago

Derek!

In looking to buy one of these in PA.

I don't suppose yours if for sale or trade?

I've played game of thrones and it's awesome!!

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Dave, I'll be second in line for that Premium! (or first in line if you don't mind screwing over your buddy!) When do you want my deposit?

I'll find you... : )

#385 3 years ago

Darin - I think RandomKG would kill me! Plus, he has already put $2000 of mods on my pin! You know how those guys without kids are.....loaded! And free to spend $ on mirror blades with decals over them, speakers, a sub, train tracks, 3-4 signs, ramp illumination, Woodbury illumination, crossbow and much, much more to come!

Now if I can just hold on to it long enough to get sick of it....

#386 3 years ago

All the more reason I should nab it from under him!

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Derek!
In looking to buy one of these in PA.
I don't suppose yours if for sale or trade?
I've played game of thrones and it's awesome!!

Not ready to sell it yet

#388 3 years ago

Anyone upgrade the speakers on their TWD? Worth it?

I put the FF kit w/10" sub on my Met & AC/DC recently and felt it was definitely worth it, but I don't know if it would make as much of a difference on this title.

FF sale ends today.

#389 3 years ago

I'm not doing it for this pin. The other two you did. No brainers!

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not doing it for this pin. The other two you did. No brainers!

Thanks for the feedback!

How's the shaker utilization on TWD? Seems like it goes bonkers in my IM and hardly does anything in my Met.

#391 3 years ago

man I've been debating selling games and getting a Pro

I don't even watch the show(read some of the comics though) but the code is just so good

I really enjoyed my good games on it pre update but the PAPA video just makes me want to play this so bad, and now there are none on location by me that I know of.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Thanks for the feedback!
How's the shaker utilization on TWD? Seems like it goes bonkers in my IM and hardly does anything in my Met.

The shaker is excellent in TWD!

#393 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't have the shaker in mine yet. Too busy playing it to even change out the messed up DMD!

#394 3 years ago

Anyone upgrade the speakers on their TWD? Worth it?
I put the FF kit w/10" sub on my Met & AC/DC recently and felt it was definitely worth it, but I don't know if it would make as much of a difference on this title.
FF sale ends today.

Yes, it makes a huge difference...especially with the subwoofer. I have the FF kit in mine.

#395 3 years ago

I have FF kit in mine and love it. Especially with cleland intro sound track. It thumps! Sound effects are more apparent too. I love the new Woodbury drop target sound effect...whistle in the wind of some sort.

But I still believe an external sub is the best way to go for any pin; cheaper with much more bass umph.

#396 3 years ago

Just got a TWD Premium yesterday. I originally had a Pro when this game first came out. With Clelands code, and all of the Premium extras the game is a stone cold keeper in my book. Love it!!

#397 3 years ago

I will add that the shaker for Horde is amazing. So get it for sure.

And for those that are angry at pop bumpers; it really spices up the action when the pop bumper jackpot lights up.

Every time a walker moves on the DMD i think it does a little pulse too.

#398 3 years ago

Had some out of town friends visit recently and they noticed the LE pin under a Walking Dead fleece blanket downstairs. What's that? Can you turn it on for us? Can we play a game?

I should have never let them get started with it. Stayed till the wee hours, couldn't get enough, and none of them had ever played pinball before. They found it quite engaging to say the least. I was delighted to share in their excitement though.

1 week later
#399 3 years ago

Just got a nib premium, came with 1.41 code. I played it and was pretty disappointed, game felt very flat. Upgraded the code to Millhouse's version of 1.56 and it really is a huge improvement. Light show, magnets and sound are so much better, game feels so much more alive. I still need to add my shaker and mirrors and a few mods, but it does feel like it will be a great game. It's definitely different. Don't know how to play it yet really, but hit 92 mil on my second game...not sure how good that is.

You guys that bought the game right out if the gate, I don't know how you did it with previous code, game felt like a dud on 1.41 This is the exact reason I waited so long, I wanted a complete game.

Separately, this is the first nib game I bought that needed zero adjustments or didn't have any issues right out of the box. I just set it up, leveled and waxed it and it was ready to go. Great job Stern!

#400 3 years ago

If you think the pro is cool, play an LE. What a difference!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside