image.jpeg
TWD_Plunger.jpg
TWD_Pic.jpg
IMAG1297.jpg
20151030_171113.jpg
Ash.jpg
OSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif
F7882-private-sign.png
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a met all ready but the handful of times ive played twd it didn't feel like met at all but some say its basically the same layout? Any thoughts ? I was gonna get acdc but dont want another music pin and twd new rules seem to be pretty amazing ?

I don't see how anyone could say Met and TWD are the same layout but whatever.

I have an ac\dc. Love it but it rarely gets played now.

#303 8 years ago

Im gonna get a premium cant wait

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a met all ready but the handful of times ive played twd it didn't feel like met at all but some say its basically the same layout? Any thoughts ? I was gonna get acdc but dont want another music pin and twd new rules seem to be pretty amazing ?

MET and TWD (Prem/LE) do not play the same at all. The only thing I would consider similar is the Sparky/Prison bash toy with magnet.

The rule sets, scoring, and progression are wildly different, and I don't feel like any shots/flows feel similar aside from the aforementioned prison.

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

MET and TWD (Prem/LE) do not play the same at all. The only thing I would consider similar is the Sparky/Prison bash toy with magnet.
The rule sets, scoring, and progression are wildly different, and I don't feel like any shots/flows feel similar aside from the aforementioned prison.

Thats what I thought also

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

TWD and MET: Not the same layout.

TWD utilizes a couple notable features from other games such as:

TWD Prison location/concept=Metallica's Sparky with Iron Man's 6 insert pattern of Monger
TWD Well Walker = X-Men Wolverine mirrored aka Wellverine)

(all Borg games BTW)

Some big differences in the layout:

The ramps on TWD are repeatable with the same flipper; Metallica's ramps are criss-cross style shots to feed opposite flipper.
Pops on TWD have been commented on by others in several threads to lead to SDTM drains; haven't heard that about Metallica's pops.

In general, all games have *some* degree of similarity with something else, but I would not say TWD and Metallica are similar.

#307 8 years ago

I would say TWD has more in common with Tron than Met in regards to shot layout, but there's differences there too - particularly the right ramp on TWD; It's in such a weird place.

#308 8 years ago

the big difference with tron and metallica ,
is that we are always in danger of losing the ball in WD
and that's really good ...
when I turn on the metallica after a game on the WD , I feel like I 'm on vacation, and I risk not much ...

WD creates a real tension in the game ... which is released during multiballs... awesome

#309 8 years ago

Can anybody tell me how they are dealing with the cross bow and how the ball is loaded,mine has a hard time with the coil plunger not letting the ball sit all the way back in the bow,somes times it can push the plunger all the way back for a strong shot and other times I see that it is not all the way back and I will get a week shot.

I have tryed to bend the prongs up a little so the ball has more energy to push the plunger back but I was hoping for a better idea.

#310 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I agree on premium too if it's a forever keeper.

I don't follow this logic at all. Even if the game is temporary, the premium is still a good purchase. The difference in price between pro and premium will be recovered on resale. Both will drop but that $1700 difference will still exist.

Quoted from gweempose:

This is great news! The crossbow feature is very cool, but it definitely needs some tweaks. As it stands, it's virtually impossible to start crossbow multiball on the premium/LE because of the tunnel shot.

Theres a crossbow multiball??

Quoted from T7:

If TWD is a keeper for you (so you really like it), and you can afford the extra - I highly recommend the upgrade to the Premium. Lots of extra toys, better looking, better lighting, etc. The only advantage to the Pro is that the left ramp is less steep, making it a little easier if that's what you want. The Premium ramp is solid and smooth with the foam pad fix, but it's still steeper than on the Pro.

I think the premium lighting sucks. The reds all scattered about just trashes the artwork. Obviously stern agrees or they would have toss reds all around the pro as well. I have toned the reds down a lot on my game but the GI is constantly fading. On the pro, the GI is lit solid more often creating better "general illumination". I think separate lights should be used for illumination and light show.

As for the prem ramp being steeper, it's not. The inclination angel at the start may be greater but the ramp reaches the same height in the end and should require roughly the same amount of energy to get to that height.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't follow this logic at all. Even if the game is temporary, the premium is still a good purchase. The difference in price between pro and premium will be recovered on resale. Both will drop but that $1700 difference will still exist.

Read the rest of my post and that should help. Forever keeper in a collection that has no more room. Exactly the situation the person inquiring has.

#312 8 years ago

I hated the premium lighting too at first but now 'get it' and it fits the theme superbly. It really feels like I'm battling zombies and in a fight for survival with the red and whites. Very submersive.

The walker bombs on the premium really are game changing. Most my strategies revolve around those bombs. I would have no idea what my strategy would be on a pro machine, shoot at ww all day and maybe the prison?

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I would have no idea what my strategy would be on a pro machine, shoot at ww all day and maybe the prison?

Get prison and WW close then start blood bath and a mode. Then start either MB and do as well as you can. When you drain out of that start the other MB. After that work towards horde or terminus whichever is closer.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get prison and WW close then start blood bath and a mode. Then start either MB and do as well as you can. When you drain out of that start the other MB. After that work towards horde or terminus whichever is closer.

you kind of just proved my point; that strategy is very risky. getting prison ready is less risk than hitting the ww 10 times so i'd probably go that route. Its just nice to have one hit from prison mb with a walker bomb in your back pocket to start progresssing ww, modes, bloodbath.

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

getting prison ready is less risk than hitting the ww 10 times

Keep in mind on a pro the WW doesn't have a magnet. It's still not that safe of a shot, but it's a lot safer than it is on the Prem/LE

#316 8 years ago

TWD LE (and Prem wo the art work differences) is one of the most feature upgraded LE/prem pins released. It has the trifecta with added playfield gameplay features, upgraded artwork, and added coding gameplay. Imo, if one doesn't think a TWD LE/prem is worth the added cost, then most all of the LE/prem models for any pinball machine released so far will also not be worth it.

There have been a ton of posts and multiple threads on TWD pro vs prem/LE. All are great games and it has been discussed to death.

#317 8 years ago

Keep in mind on a pro the WW doesn't have a magnet. It's still not that safe of a shot, but it's a lot safer than it is on the Prem/LE

I don't remember a direct drain ever off the ww magnet in a few thousand games. I do remember a few close calls with awesome saves. IMO and ime the ww magnet is not anywhere near a drain danger issue, as a few have suggested.

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I don't remember a direct drain ever off the ww magnet in a few thousand games. I do remember a few close calls with awesome saves. IMO and ime the ww magnet is not anywhere near a drain danger issue, as a few have suggested.

Even without the magnet, that fat asshole has put the ball into the left outlane many a time on my pro

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

TWD LE (and Prem wo the art work differences) is one of the most feature upgraded LE/prem pins released. It has the trifecta with added playfield gameplay features, upgraded artwork, and added coding gameplay. Imo, if one doesn't think a TWD LE/prem is worth the added cost, then none of the LE/prem models for any pinball machine released so far will be worth it.
There has been a ton of posts and multiple threads on TWD pro vs prem/LE. All are great games and it has been discussed to death.

Xmen?

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I remember them vividly, both on-the-fly and after being held starting WW mode. Flings STDM or into either outlane have happened more often than I'd like

#321 8 years ago

I never said TWD LE was the most upgraded LE, though I mischaracterized the next sentence. Fixed it.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I never said TWD LE was the most upgraded LE, though I mischaracterized the next sentence. Fixed it.

Its all good
Happy flippin

#323 8 years ago

I remember them vividly, both on-the-fly and after being held starting WW mode. Flings STDM or into either outlane have happened more often than I'd like

Yep. I was having a great ball last night, and the WW magnet chucked it down the middle so fast I could barely even see it.

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

That thing throws the ball out the left outlane on my game about once every 5 games. I disabled the magnet in software but it seems to be an ignored setting. I may unplug the magnet but I seem to be doing well despite this annoyance.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. I was having a great ball last night, and the WW magnet chucked it down the middle so fast I could barely even see it.

You Got Bit!!!

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That thing throws the ball out the left outlane on my game about once every 5 games. I disabled the magnet in software but it seems to be an ignored setting. I may unplug the magnet but I seem to be doing well despite this annoyance.

If you find that the magnet makes the game less fun for you, then by all means you should disable it. I happen to like the randomness it introduces. Sure, it makes the game a lot harder, but that increased difficulty perfectly suits the survival theme of this game?

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you find that the magnet makes the game less fun for you, then by all means you should disable it. I happen to like the randomness it introduces. Sure, it makes the game a lot harder, but that increased difficulty perfectly suits the survival theme of this game?

I enjoy difficulty when it's generated by tight shots or such but not by randomness or luck.

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I enjoy difficulty when it's generated by tight shots or such but not by randomness or luck.

But isn't pinball by nature part skill and part randomness or luck?

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

But isn't pinball by nature part skill and part randomness or luck?

Having a magnet that, regardless of how well you're playing, takes the ball off its trajectory and tosses it out the outlane does not generate fun. It does not present a way for you to learn to play better or control the situation.

#330 8 years ago

I think I prefer magnets randomly tossing a ball around over blinding flash sequences drowning out the ball location.

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So do you disable the Iron Monger magnet as well? I can't imagine IM would be nearly as much fun without that bad boy randomly chucking the ball all over the place.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So do you disable the Iron Monger magnet as well? I can't imagine IM would be nearly as much fun without that bad boy randomly chucking the ball all over the place.

No but you sure should be hitting that bastard on the sides so that the ball doesn't get thrown around. I try this same tactic on TWD, but the magnet is so much bigger, it is much harder to accomplish.

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Having a magnet that, regardless of how well you're playing, takes the ball off its trajectory and tosses it out the outlane does not generate fun. It does not present a way for you to learn to play better or control the situation.

There's no practicing in an apocalyptic world. There's no second chances. You kill or you be killed. You survive or you die. Don't turn that magnet off, play the game the way it's meant to be played. This is serious business!

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No but you sure should be hitting that bastard on the sides so that the ball doesn't get thrown around. I try this same tactic on TWD, but the magnet is so much bigger, it is much harder to accomplish.

You can carom it off the sides of the WW if you are careful, and it usually will escape the pull of the magnet. If you flail about and nail that sucker head-on, though, all bets are off.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's where the walker bombs come in.

Set up your prison bomb with multiball ready, and wail away on the well walker. Or start blood bath and do the same.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's where the walker bombs come in.
Set up your prison bomb with multiball ready, and wail away on the well walker. Or start blood bath and do the same.

Another excellent point. The game gives you ample opportunities to wail away on the WW in a safe way.

#337 8 years ago

Premium ordered , thanks for the outlook everyone

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is why so many people dislike The Addams Family! Stinking "power"

#339 8 years ago

I love the magnets and the randomness even when sparky throws it right down the left outlane lol. Magnets definitely keep you on your toes and add another element to the game play .

#340 8 years ago

I've had some prison hits too where the magnet throws it wildly and fast. Sometimes too fast to react if you are paying attention.

It's always on going after the second round of prison MB, the magnet F's with you a whole lot more

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Iron monger magnet is quite a bit different. It's only active while your fighting the iron monger and it's skill ful to try to avoid hitting him in front at the magnet. It's quite a bit different than having a big bash toy always on and a magnet that tosses the ball around 100% of the time in the center of the playfield.

Quoted from T7:

This is why so many people dislike The Addams Family! Stinking "power"

I think magnets are fine in Addams. They're not on all the time. I hated them in GnR. It doesn't make sense to have them on in every multiball so I disable them. Most other magnets in other games are fine. In twd, I have found the prison magnet is well used bit the walker magnet is not a game enhancement.

#343 8 years ago

I get what you're saying Markmon, about not being able to have a slow meticulously played game on TWD where you have a tentative grasp at control. Obviously you're not on good terms with your well Walker. Granted my conversations with My well Walker feel a little one sided but I know he can hear me. Sometimes I'll be having a good game and I'm moments from Horde mode and my well walker will strip the ball from me and chuck it out the left out lane. What follows is a lot of screaming and a slurry of explicatives that would make an old sailors toes curl. Then after a bit I'll just calm down and speak to my well walker in a nice even tone and push the start button once again. This seems to work sometimes because then he'll chuck the ball into the popups and start a mode and send me down an unintended path. That's what happens, but I just roll with it. I do like having a feisty well Walker. It's frustrating, he's disruptive to my game, he makes my heart pound and my teeth gnash. And I know I look foolish dancing on my toes slapping the flipper buttons and pleading with my well Walker but I'm also laughing and giddy. It's just a game. But wow does it all work together very well for me, there's magic in that box, there's magic in that code. I shall for now and will forever always love, my TWD pin, Well Walker not withstanding.

My Special Nemesis.jpgMy Special Nemesis.jpg

#344 8 years ago

I'm not sure why a walker who has been submerged in a well for months would have fresh blood all over him.

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure why a walker who has been submerged in a well for months would have fresh blood all over him.

Oh you don't know my well walker's backstory? Well, he got a hold of some careless people that were trying to pull him out. He won. He turned a moldy green while down in that well for so long, not unlike how a fine wine gets better with age.

...And he likes chewing Dentyne gum... "Cleans your teeth while it cleans your breath."

#346 8 years ago

What I like about the magnets is that it adds this wild element to the game in which it feels like I'm fighting a battle, much like Iron Man. There's never a time in this game where I can relax, which fits the theme of survival and a zombie apocalypse perfectly.

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

What I like about the magnets is that it adds this wild element to the game in which it feels like I'm fighting a battle, much like Iron Man. There's never a time in this game where I can relax, which fits the theme of survival and a zombie apocalypse perfectly.

Yes +1

#348 8 years ago

I finally got a chance to play one of these out in the wild at Lucky's Tavern Bar and Grill here in downtown Dayton.

Holy crap.

This game is absolutely awesome. I didn't get an amazing score or anything - about 54 million - but I get it. This game is awesome. All it needs is some Pinball Browser tweaking to bring in the voice actors, and all will be good. Now, I need to decide - Prem or Pro. Bowen did a fantastic video on the Pro, and I played a Pro today, and it is SOLID. I have heard great things about the Prem, but I don't know if I'm ready to pop nearly $1700 more for the extras. I'm still deciding.

Either way, not going to lie, I am starting to gear up my funds to buy this one. Alien better hurry because TWD is here now with solid Lyman code.

I think it is going to look nice next to my NIB ACDC LED Pro and NIB IMVE. Will TWD be NIB? You bet your sweet bippy it will be.

#349 8 years ago

Cool. Welcome to the club! TWD dominates game play in my collection. It's so much fun to play, as well as entertaining. And actor voice work is available through the community.

It comes down to your comfort level wrt price. The prem/le upgrades stand out in a home environment. Either way, both the pro and prem/le are great options.

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Cool. Welcome to the club! TWD dominates game play in my collection. It's so much fun to play, as well as entertaining. And actor voice work is available through the community.
It comes down to your comfort level wrt price. The prem/le upgrades stand out in a home environment. Either way, both the pro and prem/le are great options.

Thanks . I promote to Captain next Feb, so I'm thinking that'll be a "attah boy!" present to myself. Some guys do cars, and others do sleek firearms for rewarding themselves. Me, I do pinball !

I really do like the extra features on the Prem - just man - $1700+ for them is a tad much. It would help if there was a Prem in the area to play, but sadly, I don't believe there is. Without getting some facetime on it, the Pro is my only tangible standard.

Buying a pin is kind of like exercise for me. I can't get good at it or judge it by watching someone else do it; I have to experience it for myself.

Yeah, the voice work absolutely has to get done on this game. I cannot listen to the hillbilly quotes in a game this intense.

I don't know what the replay was on the one at Lucky's but I heard the "pop" when it happened as I was playing. There was a cocktail table next to me (about 5 ft from me), and the girl sitting at the table jumped a bit and went "oh geez!" when it first went off. I smirked to myself knowing that had just happened. Replay now is at 66M .

Is it bad that I watch the Bowen tutorial in parts nearly everyday before work? Man.....I'm going to get one... I just know it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-wow/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.