image.jpeg
TWD_Plunger.jpg
TWD_Pic.jpg
IMAG1297.jpg
20151030_171113.jpg
Ash.jpg
OSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif
F7882-private-sign.png
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The plunger is definitely not hitting the ball in the center. Is there a simple way to fix that?
The other odd thing, is that sometimes with the auto plunge, it won't plunge it cleanly either. So I don't think it's simply the plunger being off center, although that probably doesn't help.

This happened with mine. It's a QC issue. You have to take screws out and relocate the shooter rod.

#202 8 years ago

I have fixed my off center plunger issues by removing the entire shooter housing hardware and carefully putting back in and making sure to fix alignment. yes it's a crazy annoying problem to have, well worth your time to just redo recalibrate the shooter hardware

#203 8 years ago

Take off the plunger and realign the housing from inside the cabinet.

Mine was this way too, didn't take too long to fix.

#204 8 years ago

Just got through Terminus and 105 walkers killed.

It's almost perfectly coded/set up for my skills, I can get really close to LMS many times but just can't quite get there yet!

Ahhh the journey is great. Not sure what else you have to do to clear Terminus but I think I was one shot away, of course.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's almost perfectly coded/set up for my skills, I can get really close to LMS many times but just can't quite get there yet!
Ahhh the journey is great. Not sure what else you have to do to clear Terminus but I think I was one shot away, of course.

Pretty sure it's just shoot each of the mode shots once. Would be nice if there was more to do in it.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Take off those cheater posts

#207 8 years ago

This game is the best game ever; the code is just outstanding
Yes
BEST GAME EVER

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Pretty sure it's just shoot each of the mode shots once. Would be nice if there was more to do in it.

Maybe after you clear all the shots you go into a Rick kill frenzy multiball where every switch kills a person or zombie

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yes
BEST GAME EVER

I haven't played a majority of the games out there, but man this one is a BLAST to play. Everything else just sits idle, lol.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That's what I figured, def would be nice if there was more to it than that.

Another "tweak" has got to be giving you some kind of Walker kill credit during Horde. I love that mode and you can extend it forever but give us a few more kill opportunities there please.

Quoted from musketd:

Yes
BEST GAME EVER

It is for me for too. Lyman has his work cut out if he's going to top that.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Take off those cheater posts

Haha, don't have those on yet but I did move the posts in like you. Makes VERY LITTLE difference! Still brutal.

TWD..........the pin that makes every other pin sit idle in my gameroom

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wonder if something like this would make a good sticker for that target.download.png F7882-private-sign.pngOSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif

Also about the sticker you guys may want to visit this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-adjustments-and-mods#post-2084608

There are some issues when attaching stickers. Also quite a bit of info on things to do.

#213 8 years ago

Come on guys, stop it. This theme is so unacceptable by my wife and young grandkids. If I pull the trigger and trump them it's going to cost me big $$$ on window treatments and who knows what else.

#214 8 years ago

Scored 790m this morning on my pro, had 80 kills and first trip to Horde too, that mode is amazing!

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Come on guys, stop it. This theme is so unacceptable by my wife and young grandkids. If I pull the trigger and trump them it's going to cost me big $$$ on window treatments and who knows what else.

Suck it up man, some of us already replaced all the windows in their houses as part of "paying" for the hobby.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Whatever it takes. If u get out of it for under a $1:$1 ratio you're doing really well IMO. The standard of furniture in our house and clothing in my wife's wardrobe has certainly lifted since I began buying games!

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Do something for yourself brother! F the wife and Grandkids, you only live once and lord knows the rest of the world, 24/7 revolves around them.

#218 8 years ago

Much like Iceman , the other games aren't getting any love . Once you go Dead, there aint no turning back <to a regular pinball human> JOIN US!

Ash.jpgAsh.jpg

#219 8 years ago

If grandkids find something like TWD so incredibly disturbing that their upbringing is impacted, then their parents need to get out more. Pinballs aren't for the Omish I guess.

#220 8 years ago

Can anyone link the best rule set description for me?
I watched Bowen's video but am still missing some of the basics.
Thanks!

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Can anyone link the best rule set description for me?
I watched Bowen's video but am still missing some of the basics.
Thanks!

Search posts by Eskaybee. There is a webpage thing with all the rules but it is only geared to the pro version to my knowledge.

#222 8 years ago

You guys are bad influences but what the heck. I'm looking into it on monday. I heard TWD are out of production for the time being. I got a price on the pro and premium that was before the expo.

Cheers.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

You guys are bad influences but what the heck. I'm looking into it on monday. I heard TWD are out of production for the time being. I got a price on the pro and premium that was before the expo.
Cheers.

Ordered mine today. Getting up and grabbing it first thing tomorrow.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Search posts by Eskaybee. There is a webpage thing with all the rules but it is only geared to the pro version to my knowledge.

I lead the charge on a community rulesheet here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

Feel free to contribute if you learn anything new!

#225 8 years ago

Figure I'd cross post, Got mine ready for tricker-treaters! Although weather is supposed to be brutal here as you can see I already dragged it up the stairs and into the garage. Anyone local feel free to stop by and put up the GC, just pm for address. I'll be out in garage from 2pm on.
This game is killer! Just wish I was better at it.

20151030_171113.jpg20151030_171113.jpg

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Figure I'd cross post, Got mine ready for tricker-treaters! Although weather is supposed to be brutal here as you can see I already dragged it up the stairs and into the garage. Anyone local feel free to stop by and put up the GC, just pm for address. I'll be out in garage from 2pm on.
This game is killer! Just wish I was better at it.

20151030_171113.jpg

Friggin LOVE the arm in the coindoor!

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I heard TWD are out of production for the time being.

Can anyone confirm this?

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If grandkids find something like TWD so incredibly disturbing that their upbringing is impacted, then their parents need to get out more. Pinballs aren't for the Omish I guess.

But because of a childs undeveloped mine this could be very disturbing. Can you see something like TWD through a childs eye and really know what they think and feel. That's where the parents come into play, they are the only ones who know the child well enough to decide what they can handle and what they can't.

#229 8 years ago

Coin taker has one or two nib pros left

#230 8 years ago

Sure they will not last long

#231 8 years ago

I didn't think they would stop running them during the beginning of the new season.

#232 8 years ago

I just ordered a TWD pro and im looking a alt translite anyone have any leads where I can find one thanks

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I just ordered a TWD pro and im looking a alt translite anyone have any leads where I can find one thanks

Blackrose on here sells them.

#234 8 years ago

How about a topper for your topper?

IMAG1297.jpgIMAG1297.jpg

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But because of a childs undeveloped mine this could be very disturbing. Can you see something like TWD through a childs eye and really know what they think and feel. That's where the parents come into play, they are the only ones who know the child well enough to decide what they can handle and what they can't.

Absolutely ridiculous. Kids need to accept the world as it is and nothing in TWD is so damaging.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

We have a 3 year old son and I got a TWD and love horror. I've toned down my horror novelty over the past few years but when we watch or play TWD I make it fun for my son. I'll get excited and say walking dead is on tv! And he runs around the house sayin walking dead. Then, when he comes back in the living room I pretend I'm a 'fun' zombie and say I'm 'the walking dad' and tickle him crazy lol. When we got TWD pinball he's like 'oooooooooooo pinball' and I tell him it's the walking dead and he's like 'hi walking dead' like its no big deal.

For the record he only watches about 5 minutes of TWD tops with me. Then I play a cartoon for him on the other tv or iPad, if I watch when he's awake. But I usually wait till after bed time.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We have a 3 year old son and I got a TWD and love horror. I've toned down my horror novelty over the past few years but when we watch or play TWD I make it fun for my son. I'll get excited and say Walking Dead is on tv! And he runs around the house sayin Walking Dead. Then, when he comes back in the living room I pretend I'm a 'fun' zombie and say I'm 'the walking dad' and tickle him crazy lol. When we got TWD pinball he's like 'oooooooooooo pinball' and I tell him it's the Walking Dead and he's like 'hi Walking Dead' like its no big deal.
For the record he only watches about 5 minutes of TWD tops with me. Then I play a cartoon for him on the other tv or iPad, if I watch when he's awake. But I usually wait till after bed time.

This is good parenting. No one is gasping and covering the kids eye so a glimps of the game won't damage his "fragile" mind. Instead he is teaching his kid it's for fun and not to be feared.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is good parenting. No one is gasping and covering the kids eye so a glimps of the game won't damage his "fragile" mind. Instead he is teaching his kid it's for fun and not to be feared.

Why don't you worry about parenting your own kids, and let others parent their kids how they see fit.

#239 8 years ago

I'm enjoying the hell outta mine. Lyman did a remarkable job on making this a keeper for my collection. LOVE MY LE!

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Ok just gave this game a second chance with all the new code and it is like night and day; the new code makes this a top 5 fav of all time and one intense hard pinball machine
Loving it
image.jpeg

Wait, what?

Quoted from musketd:

TWD very uninspiring gameplay and little flow; ball is always in the pops; yes I played the new code still not for me; very just blah; now kiss has a sweet layout. But needs a lot more code, but the potential is there

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I have fixed my off center plunger issues by removing the entire shooter housing hardware and carefully putting back in and making sure to fix alignment. yes it's a crazy annoying problem to have, well worth your time to just redo recalibrate the shooter hardware

Thank you.

Just one question though: If I'm having this problem when the game auto launches as well, how will this solution fix my problem? In other words, the problem isn't limited to just the plunger alignment....

#242 8 years ago

Much like the others, it's really the only machine I turn on anymore

#243 8 years ago

Just got mine in last Friday. Cointaker confirmed that this game is no longer in production, no more will be made, license is done.

For you premium and LE owners, how is your bicycle girl ramp? I find mine impossible to make. Maybe 1 out of 20 shots will make it. Normally I like my games setup between 7 and 7.5 degrees of pitch. I had to drop this one down to 6.5, which really slows the ball down just to get that 1 out of 20 makes. At 7 degrees, you will not make it at all. I changed the coil pulse to hard, and I can make the shot a little more consistently, but it was causing so many airballs and dimples off of other shots that I put them back to regular.

I also have the problem with the plunger, both the manual and auto plunger. I even realigned the manual plunger so it hits the center of the ball. One thing I notice is that there is a gap between the plunger tip and the ball, where in all my other games, it sits flush, I don't know how I would adjust this though.

Even with the issues, this game absolutely rocks. As others in this post have mentioned, all my other games have been idle since this came in.

Pic of the machine:
TWD Pic.jpgTWD Pic.jpg
Pic of the shooter rod and the ball gap:
TWD Plunger.jpgTWD Plunger.jpg

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

or you premium and LE owners, how is your bicycle girl ramp? I find mine impossible to make.

Do you have the BG ramp fix kit installed? The foam pads under the ramp flap keep it solid, instead of rattling. This makes the ramp much better.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Do you have the BG ramp fix kit installed? The foam pads under the ramp flap keep it solid, instead of rattling. This makes the ramp much better.

Not yet, cointaker is supposed to be sending me one. I spent the morning reading the adjustments thread. I will be heading to Home Depot this afternoon to grab a dremel and some weather stripping to help fix this thing.

PSA - DO NOT play your game without fixing that ramp, or at least disabling the lifting feature. I have less than 10 plays on mine, and my playfield is already gouged. I have disabled the lifting feature of the ramp until I can get this fixed, wish I would have done that as soon as I started playing the game before the damage was done.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Not yet, cointaker is supposed to be sending me one. I spent the morning reading the adjustments thread. I will be heading to Home Depot this afternoon to grab a dremel and some weather stripping to help fix this thing.
PSA - DO NOT play your game without fixing that ramp, or at least disabling the lifting feature. I have less than 10 plays on mine, and my playfield is already gouged. I have disabled the lifting feature of the ramp until I can get this fixed, wish I would have done that as soon as I started playing the game before the damage was done.

You don't really need the dremel! Get the self adhesive felt from hobby lobby and some weather stripping and you are good to go.

I also use the "cling vinyl" to protect the play field, or you can use mylar. But the felt does a great job in softening the blow under the lip.

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Weird. You'd think they'd be shipping the later runs with this already fixed.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Just got mine in last Friday. Cointaker confirmed that this game is no longer in production, no more will be made, license is done.

The following is an update of games we have available. We have very few of some titles, so the list subject to change and becoming sold out:

Metallica Pro & Premium in DECEMBER

Mustang Pro-in stock

The Walking Dead Pro & Premium DECEMBER or JANUARY

WWE Pro-in stock

Kiss Pro-in stock

Kiss Premium in DECEMBER

Whoa Nellie-in stock

Game of Thrones Pro-in stock

Game of Thrones Premium in late NOVEMBER/DECEMBER

We will not start manufacturing a new model until 2016.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Thank you.
Just one question though: If I'm having this problem when the game auto launches as well, how will this solution fix my problem? In other words, the problem isn't limited to just the plunger alignment....

is it something as simple as the shooter lane rollover switch just needed to be bent/adjusted ? I've had that issue on my TOM- was impossible to plunge up the entrance ramp until I took time to bend the switch/wire Juuuuust right?

if it's not that then I'm not sure... how does the shooter lane groove look?

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

is it something as simple as the shooter lane rollover switch just needed to be bent/adjusted ? I've had that issue on my TOM- was impossible to plunge up the entrance ramp until I took time to bend the switch/wire Juuuuust right?

Might not be a bad thought. There's actually two switches in that shooter lane. I'll at least look to see if there's anything out of the ordinary. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 26.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-wow/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.