image.jpeg
TWD_Plunger.jpg
TWD_Pic.jpg
IMAG1297.jpg
20151030_171113.jpg
Ash.jpg
OSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif
F7882-private-sign.png
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

What else is there to add by now?

-make multikills actually kill multiple walkers.
-fix skill shot bugs so it does not get flakey and time out sometimes when ball goes over roll overs and take a second or 2 to go over top inlane (also other flakey code realted issues with rollovers)
-fix so Prison magnet drop gives ball save to fix cheap drains (or increase the pulse sequence post drop to decrease cheap SDTM release from mag
- more clear instruction to player via DMD and callouts for each mode (since modes have been refined/ altered to be so much better in last update.
- refine scoring slightly so all modes are more in line with physical risk/reward. (Arena still seems to be WAY too low compared to others)

There are other things. They are polish, but much needed polish to make the coding masterpiece really shine! It would be nice to see Stern finally finish a game by stomping out the finishing touches on this.

#152 8 years ago

Arena can be crazy good though when you've got a playfield double and a nice single multiplier to cash in in the middle of one of those "all I can do is loop the right ramp" games. I think I did 10 in a row the other day. Now of course arena wasnt running, so I think I pulled a total of 200 points on it

I have a love/hate relationship to the points scored on a shot when there's no kill light lit for it.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Any any chance of official actor callouts in the newest code update??? One could only hope. I have been in the fence for this pin and that would push me over the edge.

Doubtful, but try playing one with Cleland's fine work on it. Completely different game.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Doubtful, but try playing one with Cleland's fine work on it. Completely different game.

when I get mine next year the very first thing I'll do is switch to Cleland rom- sound is huge on home pins

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Any any chance of official actor callouts in the newest code update???

I'm afraid that shipped sailed a long time ago. Fortunately, there is Pinball Browser, and the dedicated Pinsiders who know how to use it. Bless their hearts!

#156 8 years ago

Posted a new thread for this, but in case anyone misses it - Lyman is going to do a web cast with Jack Danger about TWD tonight

It will be at 6pm CST here: http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

#157 8 years ago

Oh yeah.
Audio NSFW!

#158 8 years ago

I'm glad to see more positivity on TWD... I really like both playfield and code.

#159 8 years ago

Is the game code considered complete? Or do you think there will be another significant update?

#160 8 years ago

Its pretty close to complete. I believe theres a couple of bugs, and a few things that need some fine tuning, but any way you cut it, its damn good.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Is the game code considered complete? Or do you think there will be another significant update?

I'd say it's complete. Every mode is programmed and accessible now. It's just a matter of some minor bug fixes and tweaking, at this point. Then again, who knows what Lyman is thinking. It may not be complete in his eyes.

#162 8 years ago

Well you can ask him LIVE at 6PM CDT on the deadflip TWD event.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I had the Clealand code installed on my pro. It's well done and impressive work.

However the call outs don't feel like they add to the game. It's like random people just talking at various times. They aren't very relevant to the current happenings in the game and are not that engaging.

Contrast that to the voice work done by the dude with the drawl. His callous feel like they're giving some direction or status in the game. "The only way in is through that door" as you pound the prison, for example. "There's a ton of points on that ramp" during bicycle girl.

I just updated to a premium and I'm leaving the stock sound Roms.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I had the Clealand code installed on my pro. It's well done and impressive work.
However the call outs don't feel like they add to the game. It's like random people just talking at various times. They aren't very relevant to the current happenings in the game and are not that engaging.
Contrast that to the voice work done by the dude with the drawl. His callous feel like they're giving some direction or status in the game. "The only way in is through that door" as you pound the prison, for example. "There's a ton of points on that ramp" during bicycle girl.
I just updated to a premium and I'm leaving the stock sound Roms.

I thought I was the only one who went back to the stock ROMS.

First of all, I agree with everyone that TWD is amazing and one of Stern's best. My other games gather dust while I play TWD.

I tried Clealand's code, and while it is an impressive work, I feel exactly as stated by markmon. It just feels choppy and not a good fit for the rules. The stock callouts seem to "fit" better with the rules, and just feel right to me. I realize I may be in the minority here, but the voice callouts not being from the original actors does not detract from the game for me. I'm back with stock callouts and loving the game.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Whatever floats your boat

Peace & Love bro! Its all Pinball...and its all good!

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

He did fine getting an NIB TWD for a used AC/DC. Also, I have both games and prefer TWD for more exciting games. TWD is the better game IMO, but more difficult so I understand some people not getting into it.

My wife and I just could not get into ACDC. I understand we are probably the minority but it was just not getting any attention from us. So why not let it go to someone who could appreciate it. Traded to a fellow pinsider from Florida that I have dealt with before. Great guy that we like. Both of us are happy!

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You guys are making the 6 week wait for my Premium really hard. Making it even harder is Im currently catching up on back episodes of TWD - think im up to Season 4.

Its worth the wait bro!!!

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

I thought I was the only one who went back to the stock ROMS.
First of all, I agree with everyone that TWD is amazing and one of Stern's best. My other games gather dust while I play TWD.
I tried Clealand's code, and while it is an impressive work, I feel exactly as stated by markmon. It just feels choppy and not a good fit for the rules. The stock callouts seem to "fit" better with the rules, and just feel right to me. I realize I may be in the minority here, but the voice callouts not being from the original actors does not detract from the game for me. I'm back with stock callouts and loving the game.

Hmm, interesting I never thought of it like that and maybe it's because I'm terrible at pinball in general. I tend to play like a 3 year old and just slap the ball around and keep it in play while enjoying the shiny lights, etc. lol When I've got more time I'm going to study the rules, strategies, etc and actually try to "Play" the game.
Either way, we love it in this house.

#169 8 years ago

I don't know how anyone can stomach that awful hillbilly guy. I understand the callouts are in tune with the events on the playfield, but sweet lord they were just so terrible. That was a must-change when I owned TWD.

#170 8 years ago

The hillbilly voice never bothers me. Andrew Lincoln is an articulate British man mimicking a southern accent to play the part of Rick Grimes. In the pin the "hillbilly" voice just makes for fun in a fun theme.

Keeping things light was probably the smart thing to do on Stern's part to garner maximum appeal from the masses. Even though the actions of the theme are dark the theme itself really isn't, by today's standards.

I wonder how the pin would be received overall with some badass barking the call outs? Maybe a little intimidating to some?

Obviously the original actors would have been the ultimate but I believe what we ended up with works as an end result.

But you know, you can't please everyone.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I wonder how the pin would be received overall with some badass barking the call outs? Maybe a little intimidating to some?

They might be intimidated by how much more awesome that sounds!

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They might be intimidated by how much more awesome that sounds!

Agree, the hard core among us would like it. I was thinking along the lines of location pins and kids with a pocket full of quarters. Women and girls? Probably a moot point as there are so few in relatIon to men interested in playing pins. What are the typical demographics of location users? Anyone know? I guess if most pins on location are setup in barcades it's a non issue.

Some people have young ones and won't bring this pin into the house. I'm betting if you want to acclimate your young children to a WD pin right now is the best time of the year to do that in a non-threatening fun way - Happy Halloween everyone!

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Agree, the hard core among us would like it. I was thinking along the lines of location pins and kids with a pocket full of quarters.

While I get your point, I don't think anyone walking up to a Walking Dead pinball covered in zombies is going to suddenly go "hmm, the announcer for this game is awfully aggressive sounding, I think I'll walk away".

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

-make multikills actually kill multiple walkers.
-fix skill shot bugs so it does not get flakey and time out sometimes when ball goes over roll overs and take a second or 2 to go over top inlane (also other flakey code realted issues with rollovers)
-fix so Prison magnet drop gives ball save to fix cheap drains (or increase the pulse sequence post drop to decrease cheap SDTM release from mag
- more clear instruction to player via DMD and callouts for each mode (since modes have been refined/ altered to be so much better in last update.
- refine scoring slightly so all modes are more in line with physical risk/reward. (Arena still seems to be WAY too low compared to others)
There are other things. They are polish, but much needed polish to make the coding masterpiece really shine! It would be nice to see Stern finally finish a game by stomping out the finishing touches on this.

Right on! Should email those suggestions to Stern / Lyman.

Code is amazing now but still has a little way to go to become perfect.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Posted a new thread for this, but in case anyone misses it - Lyman is going to do a web cast with Jack Danger about TWD tonight
It will be at 6pm CST here: http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Been watching, still going. Excellent. I like the new beta code!

#176 8 years ago

There's new code on it?

#177 8 years ago

They said they are running new unreleased code.

#178 8 years ago

Ohh cool anybody spot anything new?

#179 8 years ago

TWD makes me realize how much KISS needs a code update. I actually prefer the layout on KISS, but so far TWD has the better code, so it wins. CODE is the key to long term play in a home environment.

Lyman really has this puppy dialed in. Another update? Wow, the icing on the icing of the cake.

This thing is a masterpiece.

Terry.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

TWD makes me realize how much KISS needs a code update. I actually prefer the layout on KISS, but so far TWD has the better code, so it wins. CODE is the key to long term play in a home environment.
Lyman really has this puppy dialed in. Another update? Wow, the icing on the icing of the cake.
This thing is a masterpiece.
Terry.

I hate saying it - Lonnie phoned in Kiss. Kiss code is stale and old.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I hate saying it - Lonnie phoned in Kiss. Kiss code is stale and old.

Its still a fairly new title. Maybe give it another 6 months at least.

#182 8 years ago

Kiss needs a big update to come anywhere close to TWD

#183 8 years ago

I played a friends Kiss and could barely finish 3rd ball....ball just falls out of Gene's mouth. I'm shopping a friends Freddy and that head does more then Sterns and its 20 years older.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Its still a fairly new title. Maybe give it another 6 months at least.

My god people have short memories. TWD lumbered around for months with crappy code.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My god people have short memories. TWD lumbered around for months with crappy code.

I think the layout is just uninspired. I know they wanted to recreate old theme artwork but its just not real fun. ac/dc and met set the bar high for music pins

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. TWD was one of those games that was probably disliked by more people than was liked. It wasn't until the code matured that more people started to embrace it.

#188 8 years ago

Just getting my premium set up. image.jpegimage.jpeg

#189 8 years ago

Picked up this bad boy at 6:30am this morning.

twd.jpgtwd.jpg

#190 8 years ago

Question: Out of the box, I'm having trouble getting the plunger to shoot the ball cleanly to the roll-overs. About 50% of the time it just hits the pop bumpers on a plunge and never makes it to the skill shot (on a full plunge no less). Any thoughts on how I can adjust this?

#191 8 years ago

Question: Out of the box, I'm having trouble getting the plunger to shoot the ball cleanly to the roll-overs. About 50% of the time it just hits the pop bumpers on a plunge and never makes it to the skill shot (on a full plunge no less). Any thoughts on how I can adjust this?

Make sure the plunger is hitting the ball in the center, up, down, left and right are all no good. 95% of the time that solves plunger issues from what I have seen. The others should not apply to a new game (dirty, plunger, sleeve issues etc)

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Avengers has lumbered around for three years with crappy and incomplete code.

#193 8 years ago

The plunger is definitely not hitting the ball in the center. Is there a simple way to fix that?

The other odd thing, is that sometimes with the auto plunge, it won't plunge it cleanly either. So I don't think it's simply the plunger being off center, although that probably doesn't help.

#194 8 years ago

On Gus' machine the plunger is not centered perfectly..it's off a tad to the left. But the weird part is the auto plunger was centered perfect....yet more erratic than the manual plunger.

The auto plunger had the right tab bent (factory adjustment?) to center it.

The manual plunger does need to be moved a bit.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Avengers has lumbered around for three years with crappy and incomplete code.

Avengers code is not crappy. It's quite good and for the most part complete other than a couple small bugs and wizard mode dots.

#196 8 years ago

Another random question: is the drop target to Woodbury supposed to have a sticker on it? Mine is just blank.

#197 8 years ago

Another random question: is the drop target to Woodbury supposed to have a sticker on it? Mine is just blank.

Yeah it comes that way. Goodie bag has a sticker ppl have put on. Left mine blank so far.

#199 8 years ago

The plunger is definitely not hitting the ball in the center. Is there a simple way to fix that?
The other odd thing, is that sometimes with the auto plunge, it won't plunge it cleanly either. So I don't think it's simply the plunger being off center, although that probably doesn't help.

Bent to center will not give a straight clean hit. I know for a fact off center plungers cause bad plunges. I would take apart or loosen the hardware and see if it can just be centered. If the auto plunge is going forward at an angle, that bend just makes it hit the ball, not shoot the ball up straight. A lot of energy is being lost there!

#200 8 years ago

I wonder if something like this would make a good sticker for that target.download.pngdownload.png F7882-private-sign.pngF7882-private-sign.pngOSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gifOSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-wow/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.