image.jpeg
TWD_Plunger.jpg
TWD_Pic.jpg
IMAG1297.jpg
20151030_171113.jpg
Ash.jpg
OSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif
F7882-private-sign.png
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 8 years ago

Ok just gave this game a second chance with all the new code and it is like night and day; the new code makes this a top 5 fav of all time and one intense hard pinball machine
Loving it
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

I'm still not sure if I'm going in or not. You are not helping my finances mister lol

#3 8 years ago

Telling you had it before and this game could now be an all time great with wizard features like
Victory laps
Crossbow multiball
Terminus
Horde
Last man standing
Siege

#4 8 years ago

Whoops blood bath too

#5 8 years ago

Damn you !!!!! lol

ronsimmons3.pngronsimmons3.png

#6 8 years ago

Where ya been? I've been saying this for months! Yes this game is a special one. Definite sleeper because of code. Now it's spectacular. It's great to watch the show and than go play a game!

#7 8 years ago

It's a good game but top 5 of all time?

As a public service I'll remind everyone D-man has said this about at least 50 games at one time or another.

#8 8 years ago

this time he is telling the truth...TWD is a super pin !!!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Telling you had it before and this game could now be an all time great with wizard features like
Victory laps
Crossbow multiball
Terminus
Horde
Last man standing
Siege

When are victory laps awarded?

#10 8 years ago

Its nice to see someone post this about the pro version with the new code! Most of the other threads focus on the premium or LE's. I wasn't sure the code update for the pro was as good.

#11 8 years ago

I'm finally getting a chance to play an LE today now will be the time to compare.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Its nice to see someone post this about the pro version with the new code! Most of the other threads focus on the premium or LE's. I wasn't sure the code update for the pro was as good.

The only difference of any merit is the light shows and walker bombs. The Pro is an absolute blast to play.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The only difference of any merit is the light shows and walker bombs. The Pro is an absolute blast to play.

This of course is nonsense. I'm glad you enjoy playing TWD whether it be pro or premium. But let's not kid ourselves here, there are A LOT more differences then that, A LOT. And they all have merit, huge scoring potential with the spinners as well.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

This of course is nonsense. I'm glad you enjoy playing TWD whether it be pro or premium. But let's not kid ourselves here, there are A LOT more differences then that, A LOT. And they all have merit, huge scoring potential with the spinners as well.

Sorry. Haven't noticed the other differences you're referring to. Just stating the obvious ones I've noticed, but apparently there are just too many to mention. Haha

#15 8 years ago

A few days ago Bowen Kerins showed me how the walkers/inlane multiplier worked. Was blown away by how good this game got after subsequent code releases. Pro is wicked fun!

#16 8 years ago

I agree. Both versions went up in the fun factor with the code updates they recieved. Way to go Stern.

20150727_120328.jpg20150727_120328.jpg

20150727_120333.jpg20150727_120333.jpg

#17 8 years ago

LE has the cannon which is a fun novelty, and I really like the Jackbot lifting ramp for bicycle girl.

And the bomb is fantastic. I love having prison ready and bomb lit so I can chase other things with a ballsave/multiball ready when I want it.

Bomb also factors in significantly in Horde.

I've played both a lot and certainly prefer the LE by a good margin.

#18 8 years ago

After having played both versions I must say that I really like the LE's gameplay. With that said do I like it more for the price difference no. Even with the extra spinner, extra magnet, lift ramp, crossbow, drop target bank, fish tank, woodbury drop target, zombie guts it doesn't justify an extra $4K (I'm talking in CDN here). The pro is solid and I would add that to my collection before shelling out that kind of cash for an LE. It would have been nice to get a spinner on the pro but alas. As well the LE cabinet looks much better in person.

#19 8 years ago

If past is prologue, TWD will be out of Derek's collection by Thanksgiving. GRETA!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

After having played both versions I must say that I really like the LE's gameplay. With that said do I like it more for the price difference no. Even with the extra spinner, extra magnet, lift ramp, crossbow, drop target bank, fish tank, woodbury drop target, zombie guts it doesn't justify an extra $4K (I'm talking in CDN here). The pro is solid and I would add that to my collection before shelling out that kind of cash for an LE. It would have been nice to get a spinner on the pro but alas. As well the LE cabinet looks much better in person.

You have to understand the code first. I think the walker bombs alone are worth the extra, never mind all the other stuff, and there is a lot of other stuff too. The pro is really just two bash toys and that's it, very bare indeed. But if you like a bare game with a key element in the code (walker bombs) missing then right on, to each their own and where are you getting these quotes? The premium isn't 4K more then the pro up here.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. Haven't noticed the other differences you're referring to. Just stating the obvious ones I've noticed, but apparently there are just too many to mention. Haha

I'm too lazy to list them for you again. I have to list them for you in every TWD thread you post in. So just go back to one of those threads and there will be a comprehensive list of differences for you. But I am quite sure you already know them

#22 8 years ago

You have to understand the code first. I think the walker bombs alone are worth the extra, never mind all the other stuff, and there is a lot of other stuff too. The pro is really just two bash toys and that's it, very bare indeed. But if you like a bare game with a key element in the code (walker bombs) missing then right on, to each their own and where are you getting these quotes? The premium isn't 4K more then the pro up here.

Good thing you can afford the LE. I wasn't aware the Pro sucked so bad. Thanks for saving me $4700.

#23 8 years ago

The game is going to be amazing by the time it is done. It is just so much fun to play now, with so many things to do. The premium light show is amazing, the shaker implementation is superb, and the whole package feels right.

#24 8 years ago

I like the pro

#25 8 years ago

I have received permission from the spouse to get TWD, but I remember all the concerns before about how hard the pin was (greedy outlanes, SDTM drains) coming from much better players than I will ever be. In watching the Bowen tutorial and other videos I love the atmosphere of this pin (a big fan of the theme), but I'm not a good player so the logical part of me says that maybe this isn't the pin for me. Is this a pin that the casual/less skilled player should stay away from even if they love the theme?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Good thing you can afford the LE. I wasn't aware the Pro sucked so bad. Thanks for saving me $4700.

I never said "it sucked". The pro is an ok machine in its own right. What I find irritating is when people say the only difference is the light show, yeah right, way to kid yourself or justify the cost cut to yourself. Once again I won't list all the many differences because I have many times in many other threads. Having and playing the pro is certainly better then not owning or playing TWD at all. If you prefer the pro then great, TWD is an excellent game. But don't give unrealistic and non factual statements about the premium/LE to justify the pro to yourself

#27 8 years ago

I owned an LE and sold it. I later bought a pro. The LE did have a lot of interesting features but I didn't find most of them fun. The bicycle girl ramp is neat, but its not really less fun shooting just the ramp. The spinner is ok but I don't really miss it. The pro may have less light show, but I think it looks better without the misc red GI all over. The magnet in front of the well walker I think I appreciate having it gone and prefer the pro. The crossbow wasn't very fun either.

But the walker bombs - this is a game changer. I am tempted to sell my pro and get a premium just for that feature.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I owned an LE and sold it. I later bought a pro. The LE did have a lot of interesting features but I didn't find most of them fun. The bicycle girl ramp is neat, but its not really less fun shooting just the ramp. The spinner is ok but I don't really miss it. The pro may have less light show, but I think it looks better without the misc red GI all over. The magnet in front of the well walker I think I appreciate having it gone and prefer the pro. The crossbow wasn't very fun either.
But the walker bombs - this is a game changer. I am tempted to sell my pro and get a premium just for that feature.

The well walker magnet is amazing and whips the ball around and throws a whole new level of randomness into the game and makes it more exciting. Hitting the BG is so satisfying. Shooting just another ramp is so boring you must have sold your LE before the last code drop because it isn't just misc. red anymore, at all! It changes from red to white to both, to dimmer, brighter, wow, the GI colour changing on the premium/LE is amazing! The crossbow I could agree with you on, but I'd still rather have one then not have one. And the walker bombs! I don't think I could play TWD without walker bombs now.

#29 8 years ago

Was thinking the same thing. Must have played his LE before lastest code updates

#31 8 years ago

The well walker magnet is amazing and whips the ball around and throws a whole new level of randomness into the game and makes it more exciting.

It does add randomness. But I don't consider randomness to equate to fun. It throws the ball around a lot too close to the flippers and in my opinion causes more frustration than fun. I bet it's easily disabled via software and it not definitely easily disabled via hardware.

I would consider transitioning to a premium just for the walker bombs though. I still might. My original le had the worst most annoying pops though. With my luck I'd end up with that again.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It does add randomness. But I don't consider randomness to equate to fun. It throws the ball around a lot too close to the flippers and in my opinion causes more frustration than fun. I bet it's easily disabled via software and it not definitely easily disabled via hardware.
I would consider transitioning to a premium just for the walker bombs though. I still might. My original le had the worst most annoying pops though. With my luck I'd end up with that again.

I think you can turn it off via software, but not 100% sure? I will check tomorrow.

#33 8 years ago

I almost shit my pants when I talked to Michel at the show. I was talking about LE VS Pro after taxes is north of $10,700 and you could get the Pro at the Ottawa show for $6775. Close enough to $4K in my books. Don;t get me wrong your game was really awesome and if I could fork the cash over I would. But in my case I can't justify paying that price for one game when I could have two for the same price. Pro is bare, you've got the Walker and the Prison....i know..but i think code makes up for the lack of features. I think you quoted it best.

Having and playing the pro is certainly better then not owning or playing TWD at all. If you prefer the pro then great, TWD is an excellent game.

This is my case.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

When are victory laps awarded?

I have never seen them (or LMS or Siege or exodus yet; exodus is close for me just not yet)

#35 8 years ago

I have a feeling that BG and crossbow will be much cooler on the le/pre with the light up the head mod and the crossbow w/laser mod.

I was originally buying GOT Pre and Twd pro but I just ordered the premium instead, and ordered those mods also(and the Woodbury sign). I have never played twd in any versions before. But I feel I made the right choice in choosing TWD Pre and Got pro instead.

Frankly, this game did not excite me that much before seeing videos with the latest codes. Suddenly everything clicked and I just had
to order one. The walker bombs, spinners and lights was the main reason why I went premium but I believe bicycle girl and crossbow
will also be awesome with those mods in place. The fish-tank on the right ramp, extra magnet and drop target
guarding Woodbury will be a nice bonus

I am sure the pro is a very fun machine, also

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have never seen them (or LMS or Siege or exodus yet; exodus is close for me just not yet)

Siege is really neat, it rolls over to the next ball when you start it (this was in the previous code update though). It has some cool flasher pulses! I've only been once so I don't know what exactly is going on!

But yeah, that's kind of the "victory laps" of the prison multiball I thought, so I'm curious if I'm missing something.

---

Yeah the Pro vs. Prem/LE argument is really tired at this point.

I'm a premium/LE buyer at the price of a pro, but not at the price they retail for. And I'm OK with that! I've played both, and I've made my decision with the pro, and others have done the same and gone with the premium!

The premium/LE features aren't worse like they were on Transformers, but it's not missing an entire playfield like ACDC was either. But that's great for us because either version plays great. If you want the add-ons, you have the option, but the pro is not much of a compromise especially if you don't want to pay more than $6k for a machine.

#37 8 years ago

What a difference a year makes.

Last year my friend really didn't like twdle. Now when he comes over and plays it. He says "it starting to grow on me"

Twdle is really an andenline pumping game. Love the multi balls

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I almost shit my pants when I talked to Michel at the show. I was talking about LE VS Pro after taxes is north of $10,700 and you could get the Pro at the Ottawa show for $6775. Close enough to $4K in my books. Don;t get me wrong your game was really awesome and if I could fork the cash over I would. But in my case I can't justify paying that price for one game when I could have two for the same price. Pro is bare, you've got the Walker and the Prison....i know..but i think code makes up for the lack of features. I think you quoted it best.

This is my case.

Ah I see, you are buying through Michel. He is a rip off artist. You can get a premium for MUCH cheaper then that. Hell, I got my LE for $1500 less then that. Just never buy through Michel.

#39 8 years ago

Ah I see, you are buying through Michel. He is a rip off artist. You can get a premium for MUCH cheaper then that. Hell, I got my LE for $1500 less then that. Just never buy through Michel.

When did u get your LE?

I got my LE on release last and I got it for $8900 cnd all in. Keep in mind I live in Alberta so only 5% tax and the cnd was a lot better.

Depending on when distributor or resellers ordered them and if they have some sitting there. Could factor in hugely on price.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

When did u get your LE?
I got my LE on release last and I got it for $8900 cnd all in. Keep in mind I live in Alberta so only 5% tax and the cnd was a lot better.
Depending on when distributor or resellers ordered them and if they have some sitting there. Could factor in hugely on price.

I bought mine on release. Yeah we are 13% tax over here so I think all in I was at about $9200. Then I added over $1000 in pinball refinery mods

#41 8 years ago

Does it still have the same call outs and voice actor from earlier? That was a huge turn off for me.

#42 8 years ago

I bought mine on release. Yeah we are 13% tax over here so I think all in I was at about $9200. Then I added over $1000 in pinball refinery mods

Yeah I can imagine that. Quartergrabbers machine was like a LELELELE version.

#43 8 years ago

That's a good price with a high tax rate.

Cheaper for me on tax but more expensive on shipping so the anxiety of watching that tracking number adds stress hahahah

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Does it still have the same call outs and voice actor from earlier? That was a huge turn off for me.

NO.....Cleland and another option. Callouts are GREAT.

From day one I've had it and singing the praises of how great it is.

A year later, its all I ever STILL play, thanks to Lyman.

#45 8 years ago

Hmm... This thread has me thinking about this title now.

What's a HUO Premium and LE going for nowadays?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

LE = $7500 to $8k+

Premium I haven't seen many pre-owned. New they're about $6300ish?

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I think a nib premium is about $6500. And then you have these options too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-walking-dead-le-w-lots-of-mods

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-refinery-edition-twd-premiums

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just buy Derek's next month.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just buy Derek's next month.

Too funny!!!

#50 8 years ago

so glad i picked up my LE for $6200....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.