Linked Games

Topic poll

“LE or Pro?”

• LE 63 votes
    61%
  • Pro 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Leaning Pro , $3000 more in dollars does not seem to justify the extra features ?

#2 9 years ago

popcorn ready, trolling reel ready....

P.S. I don't think neither are justified in price increase.

#5 9 years ago

LE all the way, Man I hate the added features not justifying the extra money comments. They do for me as I don't look at pinball in the investment way, but rather having fun and wanting the best example possible. If you can't afford the LE then hey that's cool but if you can then why would a person opt for the pro? If you have money to buy a new car would you go with the lesser model to save money or r u taking fully loaded, depends on your passion for cars, I'm not a car guy so I would go for some extras but not a lot, it isn't important to me but I am a pinball freak and this freak needs the LE's.

#6 9 years ago

Don't torture me ! I want the LE but my "collecting for 10 years" brain is thinking that the extra stuff = one entire pinball machine . I am on the precipice of ordering the LE. Tell me why in more detail than ambiguous mush mash . Or mush mash. Or mush mash . I need help here, I am weak !

#7 9 years ago

No you are strong my friend, I'm the weak one. I will say this is a special theme for me, old bands and superhero's seem to be the norm from Stern so when something like this comes up I say buy an LE. Zombie's and blood and guts, won't happen again for many years, buy it.

#8 9 years ago

I ordered the LE.... This was the one title I told myself if it was made I would be all in for!

#9 9 years ago

Neither. Will put a few dollars in one to play it. That is enough for me.

#10 9 years ago

What are dealers actually charging for the PRO and LE? They don't charge the MSRP thats on the Stern site.

#11 9 years ago

I love Zombies , Night of the Living a Dead is one of the greatest movies of all time in my book. And Zombieland , how good is that? Have not seen TWD yet , but will give it a try. Zombies rule ! Worst case if I order the LE is I just sell it and buy twenty Raven pinball machines in its place.

#12 9 years ago

Bottom line if you round, the difference is $3000 regardless of what individual dealers are charging.

#13 9 years ago

Put the deposit down on the LE yesterday.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from PinHeadz:

I ordered the LE.... This was the one title I told myself if it was made I would be all in for!

You have 3 LE/premium machines, this is the "one"??

#15 9 years ago

I am going to buy the first LOTR that comes up cheap so someone can pay for their LE!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Bottom line if you round, the difference is $3000 regardless of what individual dealers are charging.

You can't overthink the upcharge. You either want the extra features or you don't. If you don't care about them, get the Pro. If you want the extra toys, drop, spinner, color changing effects, cab art, backglass, trim, etc - get the LE.

#17 9 years ago

I haven't ordered mine yet, but I'm hoping to have a Pro in my house by Halloween.

#18 9 years ago

LE ordered. Easy choice.

BSL

#19 9 years ago

Pro, because an LE costs $10.500 in Norway.

#20 9 years ago

Without trying ? None

#21 9 years ago

If I play it and like it, Ill just buy an LE one day when the next big thing is coming out and everybody is dumping their old games to pay for it.

#22 9 years ago

premium for me

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from geekmiki:

Pro, because an LE costs $10.500 in Norway.

You guys get it cheap! It's like 11k + in Denmark! :<

#24 9 years ago

LE all the way!

#25 9 years ago

Pro!!

#26 9 years ago

LE here!

#27 9 years ago

Pricing I've gotten seems to be closer to $2500...definitely below 3k

Quoted from beefzap:

#28 9 years ago

2500 hundred dollar difference in Canada.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

2500 hundred dollar difference in Canada.

Really? Crazy, I didn't check the price of a pro.

#30 9 years ago

Well even the set price was 6000 for pro and 8500 for LE now tax and the fact that you should be able to get your distributor to throw in a shaker if you buy an LE do the math. Pro 6000 tax for us 6750 plus shaker 7000 my LE with tax and shaker came to 9300.

#31 9 years ago

I'm not trying to justify anything, this for me is a theme that won't come around very often at all (Horror, blood, dead people) and I would have paid more if necessary but this is fair in my books for the extras I receive. Can't wait

#32 9 years ago

bought my ST pro last year nib for about $1200 less, this is just crazy. $6750 for a pro, they are fu*kin'nuts!

but than again starburst can do what ever they want, they are the only one.

#33 9 years ago

"Hi. My name is Mudflaps and I'm a Pro whore."

#34 9 years ago

Isn't pro whore redundant?

LE here and because I'm a fiend for monsters I choked down the price, and then being a glutton for punishment to my wallet I'm waiting for Gio and Steve to do their thing to it.

#35 9 years ago

The main feature on the LE that I am interested in is the Tri-color LED's. I love the way they set the atmosphere on my X-men LE, a great feature. I can imagine with the Zombie theme the LED color schemes will be amazing. That said, I am having a hard time justifying the upcharge for the main LE feature that interests me.

So who is inventive enough to design a mod for a pro where we can add the Tri-color LED's ?

#36 9 years ago

I'm going with TWD LE because I want the full featured game.
If there were a PREMIUM edition, I would be buying that one.

I think the pro will be fun,but I've decided that I want to experience the game as the designer intended. To me, that means getting the TWD LE in this case.

Marcus

#37 9 years ago

Premium if anything.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Premium if anything.

So you're not getting one at this time.

#39 9 years ago

Waiting on premium

#40 9 years ago

I'll buy the LE used.
I'll let the 1st guy take the hit.
Depreciation is a bitch.

#41 9 years ago

LE pending game play.

#43 9 years ago

premium or nothing for me.

#44 9 years ago

I went with a pro. After cutting a check for mmrle the pinball funds were a little low.

#45 9 years ago

I think the gang knows which I'm gettin'.

I'd get two if space allowed!!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I think the gang knows which I'm gettin'.
I'd get two if space allowed!!

the version that comes without legs? The Sub-Pro?

#47 9 years ago

most likely pro, but I want to play it first. I want to make sure they will not have a bunch of issues like with some past titles. I was way more excited about Metallica only to be pissed off by an 8 month wait for decent code due to LE hammer issues. Live and learn folks, I am not a big fan of the well walker that is basically wolverine reinstated. This game has some potential but i'm not crazy about it yet!

#48 9 years ago

Don't have the cash for the LE right now.... and I heard from at least one distributor that they expect to have Pro's in stock for close to a year. Say.... 6 or 7 months from now, either I'll get LE from somebody who's sick of waiting for code updates or I'll pick up a Pro. I expect by then I'll know if a Premium is on the horizon. That would be my preference.

#49 9 years ago

You can't go wrong either way! Pro or LE! Killer Game!!

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

You can't go wrong either way! Pro or LE! Killer Game!!

I want to think so too but maybe a little premature?

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-what-are-you-buying-pro-or-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.