SAM_0617.JPG
SAM_0618.JPG
SAM_0619.JPG
SAM_0621.JPG
SAM_0623.JPG
SAM_0622.JPG
SAM_0624.JPG
#1 9 years ago

My niece recently took my Well Walker to give it a little make over. Turned out real nice and 1000% better than the original. Trying to decide if I want to keep it the flat paint look or hit it with some clear to help bring out some of the accents. Sorry for the crap pics....not much of a photographer.

She is willing to do others and would be reality cheap and have a quick turn around. She put in a lot of hours so she was thinking $50 plus shipping if anyone is interested.

She can also do more custom work/etc if anyone wanted. I had her do my MB figures in the past, SC bank, and other bland looking pinball parts.

SAM_0624.JPGSAM_0624.JPG
SAM_0623.JPGSAM_0623.JPG
SAM_0622.JPGSAM_0622.JPG
SAM_0621.JPGSAM_0621.JPG
SAM_0619.JPGSAM_0619.JPG
SAM_0618.JPGSAM_0618.JPG
SAM_0617.JPGSAM_0617.JPG
SAM_0615.JPGSAM_0615.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Holy smokes that's an awesome upgrade

#3 9 years ago

looks great.

#4 9 years ago

Did you use acrylics?

#5 9 years ago

Yeah! Cool! I'd throw a little clear in there...
Ya want to give it that wet slimy look...

#6 9 years ago

That is SICK, man. Nice job!

#7 9 years ago

very nice!

#8 9 years ago

Gross lol.

#9 9 years ago

Nice job and I might take her up on this. very reasonable price. Has she done a Sparky before?

Agree the wet/slimy look would look best rather than flat.

#11 9 years ago

Give it a coat of triple thick and it'll look nice and slippery!

PS... Or not. Please consider your chemistry first BEFORE coating this thing in triple thick.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words....going to shoot it tonight with some clear and will post updated pics.

Have been asked turnaround time. As long as she doesn't have a ton come in she says should could have back in the mail within 3/4 days

Quoted from dgoett:

Nice job and I might take her up on this. very reasonable price. Has she done a Sparky before?
Agree the wet/slimy look would look best rather than flat.

Yes, here is a pic of what I had here do for mine but could do whatever

20140624_094108.jpg20140624_094108.jpg
#13 9 years ago

Now after some clear shot on it yesterday. Capps cell phone pics but turned out great

20150113_071426.jpg20150113_071426.jpg 20150113_071435.jpg20150113_071435.jpg
#14 9 years ago

Looks Great brother. Work - n on getting mine more Gruesome as WELL

#15 9 years ago

Looks fishy to me (Derp!). I'm curious to know how well the clear will hold up on this model after heavy play.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I'm curious to know how well the clear will hold up on this model after heavy play.

Considering nothing ever touches the actual model, I'd say quite well.

#17 9 years ago

Humongous improvement. Your niece rocks.

#18 9 years ago

Cool! Yes, better!

#19 9 years ago

Damn that just made the pin that more gruesome. Any before and after shots ??

I'm just too lazy to do a side by side comparison

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Damn that just made the pin that more gruesome. Any before and after shots ??
I'm just too lazy to do a side by side comparison

stolen from another person but here is original

327459.jpg327459.jpg
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Considering nothing ever touches the actual model, I'd say quite well.

I have seen a few flying balls knock the walker on location. By no means am I hoping that this beautiful artwork suffer, on the contrary, I hope it lasts forever and never has any issues. If something does happen to it and it suffers due to this process, I'd hope that the OP will share their experiences and fixes (if they ever need to be done). Your neice is talented and deserves a steak dinner!

Just to clarify.

#22 9 years ago

That looks real, skin and sores and all. She did an awesome job.

1 week later
#23 9 years ago

Niece speaking: Yes, I use acrylic paint and I now have a protective spray to coat the figure once it's painted. I can paint it however you want, my rates are extremely low, and I promise a rapid-fire return on any figures I get. Here's a picture of my customized Sparky. Let me know if you're interested in any custom paint jobs.Sparky.jpgSparky.jpg

#24 9 years ago

That is such a huge improvement! For such a dominant presence on the playfield, it would have been nice if Stern put a little more detail on it.

Does anyone know if you can buy this well walker figure as a replacement part to get painted? This may be easier than sending mine over from Australia

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

That is such a huge improvement! For such a dominant presence on the playfield, it would have been nice if Stern put a little more detail on it.
Does anyone know if you can buy this well walker figure as a replacement part to get painted? This may be easier than sending mine over from Australia

i am sure you can find an artist down under who will do a great job on your well walker. good luck and in the meantime bash that walker!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

No. Stern won't sell them. Tried but I am sure some people have the special contacts and could get one

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Bre:

Niece speaking: Yes, I use acrylic paint and I now have a protective spray to coat the figure once it's painted. I can paint it however you want, my rates are extremely low, and I promise a rapid-fire return on any figures I get. Here's a picture of my customized Sparky. Let me know if you're interested in any custom paint jobs.Image (auto-loading disabled)

Sparky.jpg 254 KB

Shame on your uncle for hiding you all this time. I will send some work you way. And I get to save on shipping!!!

#28 9 years ago

Bre should have my Well Walker and Sparky in hand tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing her work and sharing some pics here.
Thanks for pointing us in her direction Pinballer.

1 week later
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Shame on your uncle for hiding you all this time. I will send some work you way. And I get to save on shipping!!!

Great to hear! I've had plenty of orders coming in to keep me busy and it's been a blast. I'm always up for more pinball figures coming my way.

#30 9 years ago

Excited to get mine back!

#31 9 years ago

Got my Sparky and Well Walker in. Both look amazing and Bre is great to deal with. This weekend they're going back in the games and I'll get some pics up of them. Money well spent!
Edited to include pic:
WellWalker1.jpgWellWalker1.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-well-walker-looking-much-better and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.