• Walking Dead Pro 13 votes
    17%
  • Spiderman 38 votes
    50%
  • WOZ 25 votes
    33%

(76 votes)

#1 4 years ago

First world problems... Pinball dilemms.

I have never really had a chance to put time on WOZ, but I love how it looks, and I feel like I'd need it in my home to real dive deep into it and appreciate the rules.

If I get one, I would have to.let something go, and although I love all the games I currently have, if I was forced to put 2 of them on the chopping block, it would probably be TWD Pro and Spider-Man.

Firstly, I'd love to hear opinions on what game stands the test of time as a keeper, and continues to make you want to play it.

I also out up a poll to ask what game you'd let go of if you had to.

Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Loking at your collection I would sell spider-man. It is to similar to your other games.

#3 4 years ago

I have owned a WOZ since July 2013 and still consider it one of the top 3 in my lineup. That said I think both SM and TWD are amazing games as well. Between SM and TWD I think I'd move out SM to pick up a WOZ. If needing to sell both I'd find a friend with a WOZ and satiate your fix that way.

#4 4 years ago

I have a small collection compared to most. With that in mind I've owned my Met pro for 2 years now and still love playing it. I also have had GoT pro for 1.5 years and really enjoy it still. I don't see either of them leaving the collection anytime soon. If I was in your shoes I would sell TWD as Spiderman is the only game that has 3 flippers in your collection. Tough choice.

Edit: To be honest I don't think I would sell either of them to replace it with WOZ though.

#5 4 years ago

woz, one of the best games ever made. its a masterpiece.

#6 4 years ago

I don't know what type of players you are if you like slower but more jam packed games our super fast playing games. I own Spider Man and TWD and i have played WOZ many times I would probably keep TWD and let go of spider man for WOZ if you don't own a JJP.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I don't know what type of players you are if you like slower but more jam packed games our super fast playing games. I own Spider Man and TWD and i have played WOZ many times I would probably keep TWD and let go of spider man for WOZ if you don't own a JJP.

I own TWD and SM, and if there was a nice WOZ within my price range, I would do just this. Sell SM for funds and space for a WOZ. There's nothing wrong with SM, as it's a great game, but it would be the first to go. Once Wonkas start hitting the market, I'll probably sell SM to fund and make space for a Wonka.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

... That said I think both SM and TWD are amazing games as well. ...

As a regular TFP listener, I'm surprised to hear this Taylor as I recall you being a TWD hater in the past. I must have missed discussion of your apparent conversion since somehow.

#9 4 years ago

I own all three pins.

Woz / TWD pro never leaving. For different reasons, Woz is a great looking pin, great lights and great rules. I didn't like it at first but after getting to know what the rules were better, the game is just a masterpiece and my top rated pin of all time. TWD is super fun to me and much more intense to play and just think the rules are so well done and the price of the pro is quite reasonable that I don't think of another pin that I could replace it with for the same money.

I think SM would be the least of the three but they are all super strong games. SM probably shoots the best and great rules but just can be somewhat repetitive to play many games in a row.

I you have not played Woz it's quite a lot different than most games and might not be everyone's type of game play.

here is a nice tutorial that explains the rules quite well.

#10 4 years ago

Looks like the majority of people would dump Spidey to keep TWD and WOZ, but it's clear that if it had to come down to one pin, TWD would be the winner.

I'm confused on this a bit. TWD is excellent fun, but it's a brutal drain monster. The game itself isn't packed with features in comparison to WOZ, and although the code is amazingly fun to play, WOZ seems to be significantly deeper.

What is WOZ missing? From the few games I've put on it, it's seems you're mainly shooting for the two center shots. Is there more variety to this game?

Is the main wizard mode completely out of reach like TSPP, or is it achievable by a mortal?

Would love to hear some opinions.

Cheers!

#12 4 years ago

TWD is a nice game and affordable, probably $5K with Color DMD and so that it's hard to compare to $8K Woz value. I do think Woz is more to do but that also it maybe something like Lotr where you may not play as many games.

#13 4 years ago

I'd go with TWD. It's the game that keeps me coming back. WoZ is beautiful, but isn't near as brutal as TWD.

My ranking would be TWD>SM>WoZ

#14 4 years ago

I have a WOZ and Spider-man VE in my collection. Out of all my pins WOZ would likely be the last to go. The depth keeps me coming back as there's so much to do. It's also a strong attraction for new people that come into my home. They love to play it.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

I have a WOZ and Spider-man VE in my collection. Out of all my pins WOZ would likely be the last to go. The depth keeps me coming back as there's so much to do. It's also a strong attraction for new people that come into my home. They love to play it.

Am I wrong in thinking the game gets repetitive with up the middle shots?

#16 4 years ago

WOZ. One of the BEST - if not the best - games ever made. Favorite of mine. You can set the game up to be brutal... no concern in that department.

I had TWD. For me, it was fun... but didn't ultimately last. Came down to some annoying design flaws in the game that give you cheap drains. Sold it, haven't thought twice about it.

I'd put SM ahead of TWD. WOZ ahead of both

#17 4 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4984720"
What is WOZ missing?

Nothing.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Am I wrong in thinking the game gets repetitive with up the middle shots?

I am not an expert on Woz although owned it 1+ years just have not got too deep into the code yet. But overall think the witch shot is just as important to the game (generally the witch is the upper right flipper although you can hit it with the lower right too). The thing with Woz is that there is a lot of side quests (much like Tspp) you can go for the crystal ball shots that can bring bonuses into the other modes. I think although I wan't much of a fan of the ball save modes at first these modes are a nice feature and something that my other games don't do anything similar. So Woz is really something different (although Tspp would be the closest in terms of layout shots and rules obviously).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-vs-spidey-vs-woz?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.