• Walking Dead 47 votes
    42%
  • Deadpool 33 votes
    29%
  • Wizard of Oz 33 votes
    29%

(113 votes)

#1 3 years ago

If you could only have one of these games, what would it be? Let's assume gameplay and rules are more important than theme.

Walking Dead? Deadpool? Wizard of Oz?

Vote

#2 3 years ago

TWD PremiumLE for me.

#3 3 years ago

I had a TWD premium, i regret selling it, great game but can be very frustrating at times. Deadpool is another awesome title you can't go wrong with.

#4 3 years ago

This one is hard. I cannot decide between woz or twd. If I had to pick just one, I guess twd... both woz and twd have multiple ways to score big points. Most pins there is usually only one strategy for big points. These games you have more than one. Neither game is pretty much beatable, which gives lasting appeal.

If you want a fast game twd. If you want a slow game woz. Dp fits in any collection since the shots are so oddly unique.

#5 3 years ago

TWD is fantastic. Only pin I’ve owned twice. Best rules in the pinball world.

DP is good, but it’s the top 3 modes game after game after game. It wears on you.

WOZ is just not a theme I’d ever own.

#6 3 years ago

The WD and it's not that close. The code is the best ever implemented and can't beat Borg/Lyman combo in my book. They are all great but I prefer the Pro because of some scoring factors and clunky ramp with bicycle girl. Like I said all versions are great though. Totally modded out it is a good looking machine too--never understood comments to the contrary. Nice alt translite makes a huge difference. Don't get bit!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

TWD is fantastic. Only pin I’ve owned twice. Best rules in the pinball world.
DP is good, but it’s the top 3 modes game after game after game. It wears on you.
WOZ is just not a theme I’d ever own.

Agree with literally everything you said. When I first played woz I was like, "ehhh... I'm not a little girl. I don't feel this theme." But the game is awesome. Very much a tspp sequel.

Twd, to me, doesn't get enough love. I actually like the callouts in this game. And yes, the machine is ugly, but that is pretty in purpose. It is an ugly world and the art represents that well. Only thing I don't like are the twilight zone esque pop bumper drains.

#8 3 years ago

WOZ has depth but the layout, play and theme were lacking something for me. Never owned.

TWD has great rules but once your burn your two multiballs, you're left picking off the 3 drop targets on the side REPETITIVELY to try to get back into modes. That gets old and frustrating. Owned a pro for 6 months or so. It’s not missed.

DP was the most fun of the 3 for me but also got a little repetitive for home use battling Sabretooth, Mystique and Juggernaut. Owned a pro for 10 months. Replaced with EHOH and zero regrets!

#9 3 years ago

I own TWD pro and Woz RR love both for different reasons. Love the theme of both as well.

Woz is ... ... by far ... ... the nicest looking pin of all time ... IMO. It’d take Woz over JJP Potc even.

I love the light show on Woz it’s phenomenal. Love the toys, magnets, lCD display. It’s a tour de force for me. It’s not the best playing game but great and rules are so deep too.

TWD is different my pro is much cheaper it feels cheap but is fun and exciting to play great theme and great rules. Bang for the buck champ.

If I had to pick one it’s Woz because of the way it’s built like TZ with modern technology.

TWD is a great pin but I’m not sure if it’s even better than Iron Man or Metallica and I’m putting it below AFM for gameplay. Still a keeper for me.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This one is hard. I cannot decide between woz or twd. If I had to pick just one, I guess twd... both woz and twd have multiple ways to score big points. Most pins there is usually only one strategy for big points. These games you have more than one. Neither game is pretty much beatable, which gives lasting appeal.
If you want a fast game twd. If you want a slow game woz. Dp fits in any collection since the shots are so oddly unique.

Voting is super tight!

I actually beat TWD (well, reached Last Man Standing) a couple of months ago, but it definitely was hell to get to that.

I hear WOZ is like TSPP, and nearly impossible to reach the wizard. Is that true?

Anyone know how difficult it is to get to the wizard on DP?

I've had my TWD pro for two years, and I'm considering letting it go, but WOZ and DP are really the only games that interest me at this moment.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Voting is super tight!
I actually beat TWD (well, reached Last Man Standing) a couple of months ago, but it definitely was hell to get to that.
I hear WOZ is like TSPP, and nearly impossible to reach the wizard. Is that true?
I've had my TWD pro for two years, and I'm considering letting it go, but WOZ and DP are really the only games that interest me at this moment.

I’ve owned all 3 (currently own DP Prem). And I do prefer TWD Pro over the premium, despite only owning the premium. If you go DP, you gotta go premium for the extra loop/flow shot and light show (it’s great). As for DP’s depth; it’s not hard to reach the wizard modes on factory settings. I took the outlane pegs out, turned off weapon stacking, and moved my extra ball to 65 weapons; and for me personally, that made the game much more of a challenge - I think I’ve only gotten to the final boss once with those settings and I don’t see mech suit multiball all that often anymore either which makes it more rewarding to get to. Otherwise, Deadpool can be a long player.

Some people claim DP is about playing the same 3 villains over and over. Yes, there’s 3 villains, but the way you play them coupled with the amount of variety of call outs in the game, those modes feel more different to me than most other mode games. Example: sure you can play mystique and hit the same 3 shots over again, or you can bring in a team up and use that shot to help, or bring in dazzler team up mixed with disco loops and loop the hell out of the mode - so many different ways to play battles. Then you have 2 quests, 2 mini wizard modes, fun interactive side modes, and a final boss. Lots of breadth, medium depth whereas i feel TWD has medium breadth, lots of depth - strap on your running shoes for a marathon type of game (TWD).

WOZ is bad ass. I’m not too familiar with TSPP but there’s a lot of breadth and a lot of depth in its ruleset. The thing that killed it for me is, I felt like I was Killing the Wicked Witch and doing the fireball mode way too much. All the other mini wizard modes were to be played after that (for the most part), so it turns out getting to those halfway point modes took a lot of time to get to and I just grew tired of having to play for that long to get to those modes.

All 3 are really close in my book. Deadpool is great fun with lots of randomness in the layout + rules. TWD Pro is just a classic style of a perfect ruleset. WOZ has a unique layout with incredible ruleset. But, both WOZ & TWD require marathon style games to see some of the end game content modes. While Deadpool can be a long player on factory setup, it’s one of those games you can make harder but it still only takes 10-15 mins to see end game content modes whereas TWD & WOZ will typically take 20-25 mins for some of those end game content modes To kick in no matter how hard (or easy) you setup the game.

All in all i think i would go DP Prem > TWD Pro > WOZ.

After thought thought: Looking at your collection. WOZ & TWD are much like IMDN, JP2, & LOTR - lots to do, lots to explore But long games to see it all. Deadpool is a much more unique game to your lineup, but that’s not always a good thing - meaning, it really depends what you’re after. WOZ seems to fit your style ruleset (IMDN, TWD, LOTR, JP). You do have MM and AFM which is a great mix to throw in those long games. So have you thought about Star Wars? Brutal And fast game with some of the best breadth in all of pinball. Such a good game. Just throwing that out there. But, Star Wars lacks the total package that a lot of those other games you mentioned and your line up have so it may not last for that reason.

#12 3 years ago

I prefer TWD

#13 3 years ago

Like others, I had a TWD and regret selling it. It has a lot of staying power. Just a great game from top to bottom. Cleland code is a must unless you have kids. Deadpool is also a great game, but I think it falls a little short of TWD. If kids are in the mix, WOZ is a great choice. With that being said, all great games.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Voting is super tight!

Both awesome games and you'll be super happy either way. Woz is like tspp where you have to be firing on all cylinders. You have to complete every mode to get to the end. Not an easy accomplishment to beat fireball frenzy or to get 50 yellow brick road shots or to get the mega jackpot in rescue multiball. Now you have to do ALL those things in A SINGLE GAME?! Plus many other things too! Good effing luck.

#15 3 years ago

TWD>DP>>>>.................x 100000 then Woz.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TWD>DP>>>>.................x 100000 then Woz.

Wow. So edgy and thought provoking.

#17 3 years ago

I own a TWD Pro and can say once the machine starts blowing up with Blood Bath multiball - It's all you can ever ask for in a game. Favorite mode is Tunnel.

#18 3 years ago

Played them all but currently own a WOZ. From a rules perspective WOZ is very deep. Lights are awesome and well used in code. Toys are very good to great. Lots of features (numerous magnets, flippers, playfield levels, etc). I am not sure I understand the hate on this machine in general, same vein as TSPP and LOTR which are pretty well loved.

I voted WOZ but TWD and DP are both a lot of fun. TWD is toughest machine on the list from my perspective. DP is my favorite theme and I love the katana shot.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow. So edgy and thought provoking.

Better?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ve owned all 3 (currently own DP Prem). And I do prefer TWD Pro over the premium, despite only owning the premium. If you go DP, you gotta go premium for the extra loop/flow shot and light show (it’s great). As for DP’s depth; it’s not hard to reach the wizard modes on factory settings. I took the outlane pegs out, turned off weapon stacking, and moved my extra ball to 65 weapons; and for me personally, that made the game much more of a challenge - I think I’ve only gotten to the final boss once with those settings and I don’t see mech suit multiball all that often anymore either which makes it more rewarding to get to. Otherwise, Deadpool can be a long player.
Some people claim DP is about playing the same 3 villains over and over. Yes, there’s 3 villains, but the way you play them coupled with the amount of variety of call outs in the game, those modes feel more different to me than most other mode games. Example: sure you can play mystique and hit the same 3 shots over again, or you can bring in a team up and use that shot to help, or bring in dazzler team up mixed with disco loops and loop the hell out of the mode - so many different ways to play battles. Then you have 2 quests, 2 mini wizard modes, fun interactive side modes, and a final boss. Lots of breadth, medium depth whereas i feel TWD has medium breadth, lots of depth - strap on your running shoes for a marathon type of game (TWD).
WOZ is bad ass. I’m not too familiar with TSPP but there’s a lot of breadth and a lot of depth in its ruleset. The thing that killed it for me is, I felt like I was Killing the Wicked Witch and doing the fireball mode way too much. All the other mini wizard modes were to be played after that (for the most part), so it turns out getting to those halfway point modes took a lot of time to get to and I just grew tired of having to play for that long to get to those modes.
All 3 are really close in my book. Deadpool is great fun with lots of randomness in the layout + rules. TWD Pro is just a classic style of a perfect ruleset. WOZ has a unique layout with incredible ruleset. But, both WOZ & TWD require marathon style games to see some of the end game content modes. While Deadpool can be a long player on factory setup, it’s one of those games you can make harder but it still only takes 10-15 mins to see end game content modes whereas TWD & WOZ will typically take 20-25 mins for some of those end game content modes To kick in no matter how hard (or easy) you setup the game.
All in all i think i would go DP Prem > TWD Pro > WOZ.
After thought thought: Looking at your collection. WOZ & TWD are much like IMDN, JP2, & LOTR - lots to do, lots to explore But long games to see it all. Deadpool is a much more unique game to your lineup, but that’s not always a good thing - meaning, it really depends what you’re after. WOZ seems to fit your style ruleset (IMDN, TWD, LOTR, JP). You do have MM and AFM which is a great mix to throw in those long games. So have you thought about Star Wars? Brutal And fast game with some of the best breadth in all of pinball. Such a good game. Just throwing that out there. But, Star Wars lacks the total package that a lot of those other games you mentioned and your line up have so it may not last for that reason.

Appreciate your post. I absolutely love the code on TWD, but now that I've reached LMS, and the fact I have young kids that are starting to figure out that things scare them, I'm considering moving it to bring something in that's more appropriate.

Deadpool seems like fun the first few times a I tried it, but I don't have enough time on it. Same with WOZ.

I know people compare WOZ to LOTR and TSPP, but for me, those are two very different games code-wise. I find LOTR to be extremely difficult because you have to line everything up, but TSPP was just ridiculous for the amount of things you have to complete in order to see the final wizard mode.

So is was more like LOTR or TSPP?

And how difficult is it to reach the final wizard on Deadpool? Let's say Medieval Madness is like a 6, and LOTR is like a 9.

#21 3 years ago

Deadpool is a very fast and fun game, especially with the new code it has great code with depth. Since you mentioned kids I would definitely say go with deadpool. Your kids would enjoy it best most likely. You should play them all if you can to help decide.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good summary, especially on WOZ, hard to put on words what WOZ is and you did it in a concise way, it is one of my favorite machines of all time will never sell it.
A great game on WOZ takes time, some planning and things start to happen after you built and stack things along the journey... and for that you need to understand the rule set, one of the best ever made. You don't see all that it has at the beginning and that could feel repetitive.

On my collection, I try to have a mix of games with deep and progressive rule sets like WOZ and LOTR and pure fun like Deadpool.
Wonka has a little but of everything, it is deep bit you always have something different happening and that is great.

#24 3 years ago

I still vote Woz but it's a consideration for Elvira HOH which has outstanding fun code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-vs-dp-vs-woz?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.