Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

EDIT: Feel free to post your code issues and concerns here.
The problem I initially stated below ended up being a corrupted file. However, I am leaving this thread as the place to post code related issues to version 1.11 since others, and myself, have been discussing code related problems.

I looked around and didn't see any posts on this, so I thought I'd ask. Has anyone been having a problem with the drop targets once they installed the new code? After I installed it I noticed that the game will not reset them. If I go into the test, I can manually reset them. If you hit them when they're up, the game counts the hits and awards the item, but then they never reset. This includes the start of the game as well. The only way to get them to reset is in the test.

Jon

#4 9 years ago

Ok guess it's specific to my machine then. I'll try reinstalling it and see if that makes a difference.

#7 9 years ago

Yep same problem I'm having! I'm going to try reinstalling the code to see if that fixes it, and if not I guess I'll have to call Stern. I also had the same error you did when installing it, so perhaps that's part of the problem too. I'm hoping reinstalling it will fix it. I'll post an update once I figure it out if nobody else does before then.

#9 9 years ago

Will do. Thanks!

#11 9 years ago

I'll check it, but they worked fine before the code update, which makes me think it's a software issue. Also, the games knows all 3 have been hit, they just don't reset then. I'll definitely check it out tho and thanks for the advice!

Jon

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes yes. Everytime a code update comes out people think every little problem is code. The same thing happened on start trek, Metallica, xmen. This one isn't code or it would be impacting everyone.
It's definitely not a bad crc and unlikely reflashing the code will make any difference. I dunno why people give that advice. I don't think a somple reflash has ever solved anything. If the flashing didn't error out at the end, that means the crc was validated after the flashing was complete.

Reinstalling the code fixed it. All that other stuff had already been checked Markmon, so the only option left was a software problem. The problem was that it didn't install correctly. And like I said before, the switches all worked fine. The game recognized the drops were down, so it was rather obvious that it wasn't a switch issue. I checked all those things before I made this thread. And apparently sometimes it is a software issue Markmon.

Many thanks to those who gave the advice to try reinstalling it! I reinstalled the code and now the game works fine.

So to anyone else that was having this issue, try using a different USB stick and install the code again. This time I didn't get an error and the game works fine now!

Post edited by PinballJon: Grammar

1 week later
#22 9 years ago

I've also wondered about the 2x Bicycle Girl shot. I've tried to pay attention but haven't been able to catch it. Good question on the crossbow shot too, hopefully someone can answer that.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

That being said, the thread title is somewhat misleading being that this wasn't actually a problem with the code, just a corrupted file.

Perhaps, but when I created it I was under the assumption it was a code issue. Since then, others have posted code related comments and therefore I kept it as such. I updated my initial post to reflect your concerns.

Jon

#30 9 years ago

I wish Stern would create an option like JJP did where you can control the strength of the flippers. In my game, and maybe everyone else's too, a good shot to the right orbit followed by a good shot from the left flipper leads to one hell of an air ball. I've had it smack off the glass, hit the well walker's face, or fly up the right ramp and smack into the back corner of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-version-11-issues?tu=pinballjon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.