image-60.jpg
looks_straight_to_me.jpg
image-911.jpg
image-678.jpg
image-911.jpg
image-24.jpg
image-989.jpg
image.jpg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Got my Topper in today it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Wow...i sure thought it was going to be bigger...

#3 9 years ago

I too was under the impression it went edge to edge or damn close atleast.

#4 9 years ago

It's about as tall as a Yankee Candle

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wow...i sure thought it was going to be bigger...

That's what she said.
Couldn't resist.

Let's see the topper on the machine now!

#6 9 years ago

How does it look otherwise?

#7 9 years ago

Please posted some vids of it in action (if you are able) when it is installed.

#8 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
#9 9 years ago

Height looks about right but thought these would be wider, closer to the ends.
Glad ai waited to purchase and think I will skip this.

Might look better when it is all lit up.

#10 9 years ago

It's really well built though, the glass, detail work all really good. Mine is ice cold and I don't have a machine to hook it up to YET

#11 9 years ago

Details on faces do look good. Send some pics with you have it hooked up!

#13 9 years ago

Next to my AFM topper.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

It's really well built though, the glass, detail work all really good. Mine is ice cold and I don't have a machine to hook it up to YET

When the hell does your pin come?

#15 9 years ago

dammit where is mine now!!! still waiting for shipment confirmation. Regardless of size, it looks pretty damn good!

#16 9 years ago

Also got the cabinet art for it. Didn't think it was worth starting a thread for though. Standard decal.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#17 9 years ago

Mine comes tomorrow, cant wait !!!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

When the hell does your pin come?

I'm deciding which version to get and standing by until Stern is done making different ones. I didn't know if these would sell out so I grabbed one knowing I would have the machine one day.

#19 9 years ago

The side cabinet art appear to be an image that's about half the length that gets mirrored in the middle.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

The side cabinet art appear to be an image that's about half the length that gets mirrored in the middle.

image.jpg 271 KB

That is some shit right there. If you are happy with it that's what matters. I don't knwo what you paid for decals but for the length of the machine there should be no mirrored patern, it should be full art front to back with nothing but fence posts repeated.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

That is some shit right there. If you are happy with it that's what matters. I don't knwo what you paid for decals but for the length of the machine there should be no mirrored patern, it should be full art front to back with nothing but fence posts repeated.

No you are right it sucks! I knew it going in though. You can see it on the website. I'm just confirming it.

At least I didn't spend 7500 on a machine just for them to come out with another one. That would have me livid.

#22 9 years ago

I am pissed. I thought the reason my topper wasn't shipped was because they were waiting on side art. I guess that was not true. I was the 12th topper order and still no shipment tracking info yet. I sure hope I have this by Christmas.

#23 9 years ago

I didn't get any kind of shipment notification either. It just showed up at my door. You should be getting it very soon!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

At least I didn't spend 7500 on a machine just for them to come out with another one

I did and love it, wouldn't take a full refund to buy a Pre. Love the art and the armor and my translite, even the plaque which states my number and labels me as a serious Zombie killer. Not too many pins will be coming out anytime soon that depict killing the undead in graphic fashion, its a long time keeper for me. Foolish comment.

#25 9 years ago

Hey at least both of them have the AMC logo on them. Now they'll match the rest of the game.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I did and love it, wouldn't take a full refund to buy a Pre. Love the art and the armor and my translite, even the plaque which states my number and labels me as a serious Zombie killer. Not too many pins will be coming out anytime soon that depict killing the undead in graphic fashion, its a long time keeper for me. Foolish comment.

I'm well aware of how much you love it. Whether you truly do or just trying to make lemonade from lemons, only time will tell. You keep that LE love strong though. The other ten threads about people hating it is enough to know I made my right choice. So we are both happy, let's leave it at that an keep the thread about the accessory. Yes I know I said something first, you don't have to rehash it. My BAD.

#27 9 years ago

I like the subtleties of the side art as well, epecially the color and the fence barely apprearing through the muck. Should go well with the Le machines!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I'm well aware of how much you love it. Whether you truly do or just trying to make lemonade from lemons, only time will tell. You keep that LE love strong though. The other ten threads about people hating it is enough to know I made my right choice. So we are both happy, let's leave it at that an keep the thread about the accessory. Yes I know I said something first, you don't have to rehash it. My BAD.

Ok, but I'm not making lemons I'm well aware that the cost of the LE was not represented in the pin to the degree it should have but what can anyone do about it now and I'm not a guy who really cares enough about money to let that bother me to the point of anger. Lots of LE owners love it alot not just me, I do know what your saying but what's the point in being negative, like with that topper and side art better to be positive and find as much enjoyment as you can out of it. Ok now we can be done.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Lots of LE owners love it alot not just me

You got that right! Love my LE machine, topper, and side artwork...Makes the LE package really shine!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not a guy who really cares enough about money to let that bother me

This is where we differ. And we both made the best of it.

Anyway the topper is really detailed. Very well made.

Quoted from perryd:

I like the subtleties of the side art as well, epecially the color and the fence barely apprearing through the muck. Should go well with the Le machines!

The finish is matte. It's dull and not glossy like their art! The quality is very good just like the topper. Correct installation is gonna be key though.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

You got that right! Love my LE machine, topper, and side artwork...Makes the LE package really shine!

The side art for me was the number one reason I didnt jump. I liked the pro's so much better. IMHO

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

This is where we differ. And we both made the best of it.
Anyway the topper is really detailed. Very well made.

Oh, I want one I'm just a jack ass that's all, but you probably know that. Anyway are you going to post some pics tonight with it in action?

#33 9 years ago

Congrats on getting both! They both look really nice and I can't wait to get my set. I'm definitely wondering why some of us who ordered first didn't get ours shipped yet. Maybe they're shipping in reverse order. lol

Is there a preferred method for installing the side art? There's hardly any room on either side to do it.

#34 9 years ago

Got her installed... Way smaller than I expected, but full of detail! It's pretty sick and I dig it

20141216_182600-1-649.jpg20141216_182600-1-649.jpg 20141216_182800-1.jpg20141216_182800-1.jpg 20141216_182803-1-52.jpg20141216_182803-1-52.jpg
#35 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

Got her installed... Way smaller than I expected, but full of detail! It's pretty sick and I dig it

20141216_182600-1-649.jpg 246 KB

20141216_182800-1.jpg 232 KB

20141216_182803-1-52.jpg 236 KB

Looks awesome. Definitely the best topper ever. Congrats.

Edit: it looks the same size as what is shown on Stern's website. Not sure why people think it is smaller than expected? Shrug.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

it looks the same size as what is shown on Stern's website. Not sure why people think it is smaller than expected? Shrug.

Actually it looks bigger in the pics... If you seen it in person I think you would understand what I'm sayin! Don't get me wrong I still love it!

#37 9 years ago

Yeah that does look awesome!!

#38 9 years ago

It looks great! I got my ups shipping notice today I can't wait to get it.

#39 9 years ago

You know this and a shaker shipped with an LE would have been fair. I defend my LE purchase due to the cab art and armor which I really like but Stern definitely pulled a bit of a boner this time around. Looks good, seems expensive for the size but what the hell, its pinball.

#40 9 years ago

Anyone know what size felt to get to put on sides of playfield to protect the side decals from getting
scratched up? Also where to get the adhesive felt?

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You know this and a shaker shipped with an LE would have been fair.

Yes, this would have been nice for all the LE buyers...but hey, we did get the unique artwork packaging with the best translite/backglass.

#42 9 years ago

Size I thought it would be,about right

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Yes, this would have been nice for all the LE buyers...but hey, we did get the unique artwork packaging with the best translite/backglass.

Its worth a try so I'm going to send Stern a nice long written letter of disappointment, see if I cant get a discount or maybe even a free topper, chances are real slim but why not.

#44 9 years ago

Can someone take some pictures of how you connected it please ? Is there a GI connection ? How does it work with the modes ?
Thanks in advance

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its worth a try so I'm going to send Stern a nice long written letter of disappointment, see if I cant get a discount or maybe even a free topper, chances are real slim but why not.

Stern doesn't care, they really don't.

#46 9 years ago

Mmmmmmm, Arby's.

I actually think the topper looks good!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Stern doesn't care, they really don't.

I know but I'm drinking beers tonight so its the perfect time for a letter, that topper looks real nice and all I'm thinking is how it should have been included with the LE, those bastards. Time to play TWD.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Anyone know what size felt to get to put on sides of playfield to protect the side decals from getting
scratched up? Also where to get the adhesive felt?

Self-Adhesive Felt Strip at http://pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

3/4" wide, either thickness - I like the 1/32" stuff

#49 9 years ago

Size matters!!

That's what she said.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Self-Adhesive Felt Strip at http://pinrestore.com/Supplies.html
3/4" wide, either thickness - I like the 1/32" stuff

Great stuff, I've never seen this site before. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 8.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.