(Topic ID: 156651)

The Walking Dead, Fear TWD, Comic Book Spoilers ALLOWED!

By jonesjb

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Stones
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you think that the trash people may turn out to be the whisperers? It makes sense and there was some foreshadowing where the leader says something like "we change".

Yeah, i was wondering this myself when they were first introduced. I don't really care for them though so i would certainly prefer they just introduced new whisperers if they decide to work that group into the show. Rick's entire relationship with the trash people was just weird and nonsensical, imo, so I'd prefer the writers just scrap them and start over

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Yeah, i was wondering this myself when they were first introduced. I don't really care for them though so i would certainly prefer they just introduced new whisperers if they decide to work that group into the show. Rick's entire relationship with the trash people was just weird and nonsensical, imo, so I'd prefer the writers just scrap them and start over

Call me blood thirsty, but I would prefer that Rick's Army descends upon the garbage people and wipes them out with no quarter given.
    And Michionne can have the pleasure of saying "Lay with this" as she decapitates Janus.

Marcus

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Call me blood thirsty, but I would prefer that Rick's Army descends upon the garbage people and wipes them out with no quarter given.
    And Michionne can have the pleasure of saying "Lay with this" as she decapitates Janus.
    Marcus

I agree....they don't seem like a group to really care about....and their Mad Max presence just doesn't really fit TWD world to me. I hope Rick's group stomps their ass.....

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I agree....they don't seem like a group to really care about....and their Mad Max presence just doesn't really fit TWD world to me. I hope Rick's group stomps their ass.....

I agree, they fit into TWD world the least of any group introduced so far. Their weird speaking cult seems to have formed far too soon, as someone previously said. I'd be okay with taking them out, not that anyone would be desperate enough to want to take their place and live at a dump this early in the apocalypse.

#55 7 years ago

Agree with everyone here. They were a poor attempt to depart some from the comics that stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the better written parts that drew from the source material. Sort of reminds me of the awful Dorne storyline in HBOs GoT. Just never clicked.

I guess what bothered me even more than their ridiculousness though, was Rick's completely out-of-the-blue desire to trust them no matter how shady they seemed.

#56 7 years ago

I very well could have missed it, but did they ever reveal who was the guy with the binoculars? Was the Dwight?

7 months later
    #57 6 years ago

Bumping this thread now that the show is back on, just to make sure that people comic spoilers in THIS thread, and not the other one.

#58 6 years ago

Anyone think these trash people are being set up to be the whispers?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Anyone think these trash people are being set up to be the whispers?

That is the same thing I was thinking. I was also hoping that the crossover for Fear the Walking Dead was going to be Nick as BETA running around with the whisperers.

#60 6 years ago

I thought that maybe when they first introduced them but idk, i kinda hope they don't. I never really liked the trash people (nor does anyone I know) so trying to change them over seems like giving an unnecessary handicap to a group that has the potential to be really awesome if just introduced cold. But who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what do you all think the likelihood that they'll kill off negan at the end of this season? My wife seems to think it's likely, but I'm starting to wonder if they'll keep him around like in the comics. No doubt JDM is expensive to have around, but if he's in a cell, he could just stop in for a quick scene ever few episodes and it shouldn't be too bad.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

So what do you all think the likelihood that they'll kill off negan at the end of this season? My wife seems to think it's likely, but I'm starting to wonder if they'll keep him around like in the comics. No doubt JDM is expensive to have around, but if he's in a cell, he could just stop in for a quick scene ever few episodes and it shouldn't be too bad.

I think they need to keep him around. They need him for scenes with the strangers that come to their camp and question why he is locked up and then his interaction with the whisperers when he escapes.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

I thought that maybe when they first introduced them but idk, i kinda hope they don't. I never really liked the trash people (nor does anyone I know) so trying to change them over seems like giving an unnecessary handicap to a group that has the potential to be really awesome if just introduced cold. But who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In retrospect I don't think the trash people will be the whisperers. One of their critical story points is how Negan kills Alpha the leader. Negan already knows the head trash lady, so this wouldn't make sense (she also doesn't have a kid on the show). I think Negan will be around, JDM seems to enjoy playing the character, so I don't think he would be difficult to retain.

1 week later
    #63 6 years ago

Anyone else think Carl’s bite is from a whisperer?

#64 6 years ago

I guess it's possible, but I doubt it. If a whisper got close enough that it could bite him, they were obviously in hand to hand combat. At that point the whisper isn't going to keep it's cover. They would attack as a human, not go for a non-deadly bite. Honestly if they try to pull that, I'd probably leave the show like others have already done.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I guess it's possible, but I doubt it. If a whisper got close enough that it could bite him, they were obviously in hand to hand combat. At that point the whisper isn't going to keep it's cover. They would attack as a human, not go for a non-deadly bite. Honestly if they try to pull that, I'd probably leave the show like others have already done.

Just seems weird to kill him off. I guess we’ll see what happens. I’ve enjoyed this season, but I think it’s the weakest one so far. Nothing eventful has really happened, and then... this?

#66 6 years ago

I agree, but with TV you have to deal with actors. If they weren't able to sign him beyond this season they might not have had a choice.

#67 6 years ago

I think Carl is done. His real life Dad ranted about his son being fired from the show 2 weeks before his 18th Birthday.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-stars-father-reacts-show-exit-1066234

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I think Carl is done. His real life Dad ranted about his son being fired from the show 2 weeks before his 18th Birthday.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-stars-father-reacts-show-exit-1066234

Man, it's hard not to be a cynic, but after the whole Glenn debacle I wonder if this story about Chandler being "fired" is just part of them selling that Carl is a goner, when they do have some stupid storyline ahead for him about how he survives it.

Chandler also says he's taking a "gap year", when it would be more believable that he go get another job or something. I'm calling this right now as BS.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Man, it's hard not to be a cynic, but after the whole Glenn debacle I wonder if this story about Chandler being "fired" is just part of them selling that Carl is a goner, when they do have some stupid storyline ahead for him about how he survives it.

I wouldn't put it past them, especially with what happened with Glen. With how bad the writing has gotten at this point I don't really even care any more. Too many other great shows on TV that surpass it these days!

2 months later
    #70 6 years ago

With Michonne's daughter recently being found in the comics, do you think she will be the replacement for Carl now? Or do you think that Shane's daughter will sit in for Carl?

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

With Michonne's daughter recently being found in the comics, do you think she will be the replacement for Carl now? Or do you think that Shane's daughter will sit in for Carl?

I think we’ll get Michonne’s daughter... eventually. I liked how tonight’s episode set the stage for a Rick/Negan truce. I was wondering if they were going to go with that angle or take a left turn from the comic and kill off Negan.

#72 6 years ago

I've heard a ton of dedicated fans say they'd stop watching if they didn't kill off negan. Then again, who knows. If they kill him though, they'd really better show it. I think it would royally piss everyone off if they did a schrodingers glen thing with him just to preserve the possibility to pick back up with the comic storyline later.

1 month later
    #73 6 years ago

Just watched FTWD. I have about given up on this show, but thought the season opener was great

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Just watched FTWD. I have about given up on this show, but thought the season opener was great

Yeah, it was an improvement.....probably because we didn't see the original FTWD cast until the final minute of the show. I like the new people, though I can't believe that they fell so easily for the oldest highway ambush trick in the book. In any case, there's hope for a better show.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

Yeah, it was an improvement.....probably because we didn't see the original FTWD cast until the final minute of the show. I like the new people, though I can't believe that they fell so easily for the oldest highway ambush trick in the book. In any case, there's hope for a better show.

I agree. They need to kill off pretty much the original cast. I can't stand the Mom, Nick, or Strand. Would like to see those 3 go

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-walking-dead-show-and-comics-discussionand-fear-twd/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.