935E4D33-1EC5-4D85-B3A6-9CC5E296F244 (resized).jpeg
4BC01EDB-9F7A-4904-A8A5-8EA381AEC497 (resized).jpeg
DA0D2E0B-9709-4079-8061-337797C2542F (resized).jpeg
20211124_142458 (resized).jpg
20211124_142454 (resized).jpg
20211124_142503 (resized).jpg
toonz (resized).JPG
zombie2 (resized).JPG
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Yep that would happen in attract mode and it could conflict will ball trigger, well spotted. My comment of would look broke was due to that

I'm half hearted on the idea of having it .
Quite like the idea of it popping up in attract mode.
Regrets are that I didnt include a switch so that it could be a selectable mode.
Will try a few ways of activating it and see how it works out
Thanks guys

That would have been nice.... That ramp shot gets hit a lot when I play. 3/5 time a game. I really think thats enough without being seen too much.

Your call.

#52 3 years ago

I do like the idea of it happening in attract mode, but not during a game. If there was a way to make it peek during attract mode, that would be great. Otherwise, if it would cause issues with triggering during a game, I would not implement it.

#53 3 years ago

OK I'm going to bin the idea of the peek mode. Easier for me also

UPDATE...

Just waiting for the "hopefully" last test print of the main body. Takes 10 to 14hrs to print depending on which one I choose.

So if these print Ok it will be a test in the pin one last time and then a full crate body print and paint.
Still waiting for connectors for pcb's and cables but nearly there for completion.

If anyone from now on wants one there may be a delay whilst I finsh this batch off.

Here are a few pics of the pcb ,servo and led fitted plus the external color and brightness adjustment. Oh and power connector.
Ive included a connector for the led strip so should you have a failure in the future all you need to do is to pull it out and replace.
control (resized).JPGcontrol (resized).JPGinside (resized).JPGinside (resized).JPGpower (resized).JPGpower (resized).JPG

#54 3 years ago

Nicely crammed in, will be a lot more of those ramp shots with these fitted

#55 3 years ago

Nice work man. Look forward to it.

And extra happy you are in the UK. Avoids the 25% tax increase

#56 3 years ago

OK another question guys

At the moment some light bleeds through the crate body and it glows in the color set.
Some colors more than others.

Do you want the parts of the interior painted so that no light bleeds through and only through the crack of the lid.

Or would like the top part of the crate to glow?

You could paint inside yourself or add black tape to mask off.

UPDATE

The paint really does not work that well so it looks like its going to be no paint and glow ....

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

OK another question guys
At the moment some light bleeds through the crate body and it glows in the color set.
Some colors more than others.
Do you want the parts of the interior painted so that no light bleeds through and only through the crack of the lid.
Or would like the top part of the crate to glow?
You could paint inside yourself or add black tape to mask off.
UPDATE
The paint really does not work that well so it looks like its going to be no paint and glow ....

Looking your videos. I almost think just having the one light under the zombie would look the best (just my 2 cents worth). The other LED is out in the open and really lights up everything up a bit much, but the one under the zombie - the zombie sort of mutes the brightness until the zombie starts to come up. Then the light appears to be fairly uncovered, making it brighter then when you see the zombie. That's kind of a neat effect, even if by accident. .

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looking your videos. I almost think just having the one light under the zombie would look the best (just my 2 cents worth). The other LED is out in the open and really lights up everything up a bit much, but the one under the zombie - the zombie sort of mutes the brightness until the zombie starts to come up. Then the light appears to be fairly uncovered, making it brighter then when you see the zombie. That's kind of a neat effect, even if by accident. .

You have a brightness control so can turn it down.
In fact you can turn it off should you want to

I'm running out of time to tweak anymore as want to have these delivered before Christmas...

LIGHT CRATE COLOR

Now theres a possibility I may not make the lighter crate colour as the print is not going as well as the darker version.
Seems to be a weaker filament and pretty brittle.
I will know later as I'm experimenting in different temps and quality .
If it does not work out will contact all that asked for that lighter version.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

You have a brightness control so can turn it down.
In fact you can turn it off should you want to
I'm running out of time to tweak anymore as want to have these delivered before Christmas...
LIGHT CRATE COLOR
Now theres a possibility I may not make the lighter crate colour as the print is not going as well as the darker version.
Seems to be a weaker filament and pretty brittle.
I will know later as I'm experimenting in different temps and quality .
If it does not work out will contact all that asked for that lighter version.

Just curious...What type of filament are you using?

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

If its brittle its old and has moisture in it try a new roll. I like Sunlu and seem to have consistent results. When the rol.lgets old I turn the temp up to about 215C

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

The light colour is Multicomp and comes in 500kg rolls. Not convinced its Wood.
The darker is Sunlu .

Quoted from hoby1:

If its brittle its old and has moisture in it try a new roll. I like Sunlu and seem to have consistent results. When the rol.lgets old I turn the temp up to about 215C

Yep Im turning it up in temp to 205C and printing in 0.2 on the next test.

#62 3 years ago

Ok Ive shelved the light crate version as its not printing well.

Sorry guys

#63 3 years ago

Crate installed and tested. All working great.
This model is not completed and missing decals and hook.

#64 3 years ago

Looks awesome!

#65 3 years ago

That just looks amazing! Really great job! I can’t wait!

#66 3 years ago

Perfect, looks like it was there from the factory.
One of the best mods I have seen.

#67 3 years ago

Almost have the lids finished. All bespoke and non the same.

DSC_1131 (resized).JPGDSC_1131 (resized).JPG
#68 3 years ago

I see my choice is also the most popular choice

Looks great. Nice gift for under the Christmas tree I hope

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I see my choice is also the most popular choice
Looks great. Nice gift for under the Christmas tree I hope

I think it maybe so

#70 3 years ago

Almost there........looking at posting end of week for all that have been in contact etc.

DSC_1133 (resized).JPGDSC_1133 (resized).JPGDSC_1135 (resized).JPGDSC_1135 (resized).JPG
#71 3 years ago

No 1 has left the ship.

More to follow .... Maybe tomorrow

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

No 1 has left the ship.
More to follow .... Maybe tomorrow

Who is the lucky person?
I need some cheering up, can’t wait

#73 3 years ago

UPDATE

All but a few sent.

I have removed the front chains for a clearer view of the Zombie.
There are two links left on for you to attach the rest should you want to.
If you do, make sure the lid is left open so that you know how much to add.
I have supplied extra chain for you to do so.

I have also added a red hook should you want to change the side chain to a loose hook.

Also a spare led strip should it fail in the future.

I have added chain on the blind side of the crate to shield the adjustment pots but they are not needed if you dont have mirror blades.
You can remove this section.

Chains are easy to take off but you will need to use a long nosed pair of pliers to do so.

Ive set most crates to Red and brightness to mid way.

Hope you all enjoy your mod.

2 weeks later
#74 3 years ago
merry christmass crate (resized).pngmerry christmass crate (resized).png
#75 3 years ago

Received mine finally today after a lot of delay in transport.

Anyway, well worth the wait. Nicely made and very complete, installation was a breeze

And the service and attention from Andrew during the long wait also deserves a big applause. He went above and beyond

36E757E8-2331-4A37-BB91-8A7594A7083F (resized).jpeg36E757E8-2331-4A37-BB91-8A7594A7083F (resized).jpegBB525ED9-6040-4F5F-A565-1C671461D3DA (resized).jpegBB525ED9-6040-4F5F-A565-1C671461D3DA (resized).jpeg

752059E9-522F-40BC-B89E-568BFB05B4F6 (resized).jpeg752059E9-522F-40BC-B89E-568BFB05B4F6 (resized).jpeg3EB629B7-0540-4C74-94D9-2ED1E860AF1D (resized).jpeg3EB629B7-0540-4C74-94D9-2ED1E860AF1D (resized).jpegAE14BFB9-2868-42A0-961F-7A50840F0E00 (resized).jpegAE14BFB9-2868-42A0-961F-7A50840F0E00 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 3 years ago

Andrew is the man, mod of the year in my eyes
Thanks for your hard work and looking forward to your future mods
Happy new year

#77 3 years ago

Thanks Guys

Happy new year

2 weeks later
#78 3 years ago

Quite silent in the thread for the best TWD mod

Just a short note that I had to readjust the switch triggering the effects. Ball could travel through the ramp without triggering it. Adjusting is easy, just remove the chains and tweak the switch.

#79 3 years ago

The Crate better be on the Twippy ballot next year!

4 weeks later
#80 3 years ago

I am going to reduce the number of colors available to three.

First is Green

Green (resized).JPGGreen (resized).JPG Added over 3 years ago:

Colors may vary slightly from pictures. Some may also be darker or lighter.
These are all done by hand so will not be exactly the same as the pictures.

#81 3 years ago

Second is Flesh

flesh3adj (resized).jpgflesh3adj (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#82 3 years ago

Third brown

Brown small (resized).JPGBrown small (resized).JPG
#83 3 years ago

Ho do you order the crate? And how much?

Thanks

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Ho do you order the crate? And how much?
Thanks

Just PM

#85 3 years ago

This is a great mod and am a little bit surprised that owners of one of the best sterns ever made are not all over this .

So a free bump for the Crate

#86 3 years ago

Really impressed with this mod!

2 weeks later
#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a great mod and am a little bit surprised that owners of one of the best sterns ever made are not all over this .
So a free bump for the Crate

Meant to get this earlier and managed to forget about it.

Got mine on the way

Currently have Matt (Back Alley) railroad tracks, Mezel's tower (modified), Gnassel's bicycle girl mod, the sign mods, blood decals, my own pop bumper touch, and this crate mod should round it all out nicely. Will take a pic once installed.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Got mine on the way
Currently have Matt (Back Alley) railroad tracks, Mezel's tower (modified), Gnassel's bicycle girl mod, the sign mods, blood decals, my own pop bumper touch, and this crate mod should round it all out nicely. Will take a pic once installed.

Just picked up a pro model after owning an LE years ago and I kinda missed it. Looking forward to your pic. My pro came loaded with mods ,but I had to order Back Alley Creations RR train track mod from Cointakers (still on back order).

I had Matt's RR tracks on the LE version, as well as AC/DC. I wish I would have taken off the mods before I sold them because most people are kinda 50/50 on mods. I can't seem to find Gnassel's bicycle girl mod. Is that the one which lights up the bicycle girl head under the ramps for the Premium/LE, or am I missing something for the pro?

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just picked up a pro model after owning an LE years ago and I kinda missed it. Looking forward to your pic. My pro came loaded with mods ,but I had to order Back Alley Creations RR train track mod from Cointakers (still on back order).
I had Matt's RR tracks on the LE version, as well as AC/DC. I wish I would have taken off the mods before I sold them because most people are kinda 50/50 on mods. I can't seem to find Gnassel's bicycle girl mod. Is that the one which lights up the bicycle girl head under the ramps for the Premium/LE, or am I missing something for the pro?

May have to PM Gnassel to get one, but yes, it's for the Prem/LE to light up the bicycle girl when active and interacts with the mode (horror flicker with blood/red splash on mine [don't recall if there was another option]).

Unfortunately mine is just the Premium model (the LE does look a lot nicer).

#90 3 years ago

Just got the mod (super fast shipping). Will install it Sunday most likely and update with a photo.

Top notch quality. Very impressive!

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just got the mod (super fast shipping). Will install it Sunday most likely and update with a photo.
Top notch quality. Very impressive!

Wow thumbs up to UPS.

Thanks pictures and videos very welcome

#92 3 years ago

Well im upset im just now seeing this. What an awesome mod.

PM Is on its way sir.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Got mine on the way

Will get a pic up later tonight most likely. Just got the mod in the game, but finishing another project on the game before buttoning it all back up.

I had to modify the barbed wire fence mod to get the mod to fit (forgot to mention that mod I have, and Hassanchop's alternate translite [crazy amount of modders represented in it now that I think about it]).

Otherwise, looking like the perfect balance to fill out the left ramp against the railroad mod on the right (burning barn option never quite grabbed me enough).

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will get a pic up later tonight most likely. Just got the mod in the game, but finishing another project on the game before buttoning it all back up.
I had to modify the barbed wire fence mod to get the mod to fit (forgot to mention that mod I have, and Hassanchop's alternate translite [crazy amount of modders represented in it now that I think about it]).
Otherwise, looking like the perfect balance to fill out the left ramp against the railroad mod on the right (burning barn option never quite grabbed me enough).

Medisinyl Can you point me in the right direct for the barbwire mod you mentioned. Quite like the sound of that. Noticed someone placing some on the prison roof.
I've installed a couple of barns for friends in the past. It has a nice feel. Never bought one for myself as always had the intention of making a mod on that hump section of the ramp.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Medisinyl Can you point me in the right direct for the barbwire mod you mentioned. Quite like the sound of that. Noticed someone placing some on the prison roof.
I've installed a couple of barns for friends in the past. It has a nice feel. Never bought one for myself as always had the intention of making a mod on that hump section of the ramp.

Can be seen in this thread. Not sure if they're still offered or not. Several colors were available (got mine in red). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-refinery-twd-prison-fence-mod

#96 3 years ago

Highly recommend this mod. Quality is incredible all around and it certainly makes the right ramp even more satisfying to shoot for.

Thanks again for creating these

Can see how I had to flatten the fence near the mod (lid wouldn't have been able to lift otherwise). Looks good from player perspective. I also added another zip tie to the EL wire to keep it held away at that point.
20210331_221329 (resized).jpg20210331_221329 (resized).jpg20210331_221342 (resized).jpg20210331_221342 (resized).jpg20210331_221530 (resized).jpg20210331_221530 (resized).jpg

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Highly recommend this mod. Quality is incredible all around and it certainly makes the right ramp even more satisfying to shoot for.
Thanks again for creating these
Can see how I had to flatten the fence near the mod (lid wouldn't have been able to lift otherwise). Looks good from player perspective. I also added another zip tie to the EL wire to keep it held away at that point.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great buddy. Thanks for posting these pics.

I got mine coming in today from UPS. Fast shipping. I ordered it last Friday and receiving it today. I ordered the railroad tracks as well from Cointaker (3) weeks ago, and it still hasn't arrived from the US.

#98 3 years ago

Just ordered mine awesome mod I didn't thing u could still get the el fence mod anymore

#99 3 years ago

Thanks Medisinyl for posting the pics a smashing selection. Really appreciated.
Wow that fence looks menacing.
Not sure I can fit that on mine as the gap is really small.
The mirror blades I have in are just clearing.

Thanks guys for the support hope you all like the mod.

#100 3 years ago

C62D9C6C-542C-470F-9F48-20CEBB182721 (resized).jpegC62D9C6C-542C-470F-9F48-20CEBB182721 (resized).jpeg Here is mine. You can see where I had to move the burning barn mod in the pro and I kinda like it there. The only boo boo I had was one of the “skinny hair” wires broke off on the barn, so I have to fix it. Still, I kinda like it the way it is. Thanks mate for the excellent mod!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.