(Topic ID: 113264)

TWD: so now the premium is ther would you still buy the pro?

By pninja005

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rolandthoms
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personally I don't think you settled at all. MET LE does not have much over the pro version. It's the gameplay that matters. LE's & Premium's are cool......but not for the price difference.
Honestly, in "most" cases when I hear someone say the just purchased an LE I think to myself "you spent an extra $1700 for what?" It's their money and they can do what they want with it....if their happy great....I just don't get it I guess.

To me it is the exact opposite. I'd rather pay a little extra and get the whole game. After enjoying all of the features including the extra bling, I can still sell it and get back most or all of the extra initial cost. I too just don't get it I guess.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personally I don't think you settled at all. MET LE does not have much over the pro version. It's the gameplay that matters. LE's & Premium's are cool......but not for the price difference.
Honestly, in "most" cases when I hear someone say the just purchased an LE I think to myself "you spent an extra $1700 for what?" It's their money and they can do what they want with it....if their happy great....I just don't get it I guess.

I disagree! The lighting alone on the Prem/LE is worth the price of admission.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I disagree! The lighting alone on the Prem/LE is worth the price of admission.

The lighting alone is worth $1700?.....that's priceless right there.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me it is the exact opposite. I'd rather pay a little extra and get the whole game. After enjoying all of the features including the extra bling, I can still sell it and get back most or all of the extra initial cost. I too just don't get it I guess.

A few of the LE's might be holding their value.....none of the premiums are. Of course none of the pro's are either.....just to be clear.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well the Color Changing LED's GI/inserts are pretty sweet but there is also...
Moving Grave Marker
Spinners x 2
Hammer Ball Lock with Disappearing Magnet, coffin lock
Moving Snake Mouth
Metal apron
Slide rails, standard lockdown bar, standard service rails and a few other things on my LE ....
So yea to me all that is with $1700!
It's a kick ass game! Pro Prem or LE

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No of course not. None of the extra features are "worth it". But I love my LE and regret not a dime I spent on it. But you can't really quantify it, and really very few pinballs are "worth it" when you actually think about what we spend on them.

I really love the lighting, it's really awesome and adds to the mood of the pin a lot. In subtle ways (like Fade to Black CIU) or the little touches like being one shot away from cross multiball and the lighting goes blue. The RGB spider inserts make it much clearer what to shoot for. I wouldn't give it up.

Only thing I don't totally love is the hammer, though I'm pretty used to it. But the mod I'm doing for that is really fixing the issue, looking forward to finishing it up and playing with it every day.

But the Pro is a great value. You get plenty of awesome game without the extra features. No one should ever feel bad for buying a Pro. It's ridiculous that anyone would look down on that.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But the Pro is a great value. You get plenty of awesome game without the extra features. No one should ever feel bad for buying a Pro.

I'd like to point out that I don't feel bad that I "settled" for a Pro, I'm just happy I have one! I added plenty of extras to mine to greatly enhance the experience over a factory stock game with a shaker, sub, side-art and lighting, etc.

Now with TWD on my radar, I hope to someday get a Premium as I really like the color-changing lighting the most over all the extras, but I really can't justify the extra $1700, so if I have to "settle" for a Pro, I'll still enjoy it and add whatever I like to make it the best I can.

#58 4 years ago

Hmm yes just a bit too much to drink last night. More polite answer for me is that I still think TWD pro is where I'll end up, depending on code. Premium cab looks pretty sweet, but I'm not a fan of the translite or most of the extra features. I'd miss spinners and lighting features the most.

#59 4 years ago

Played the Pro and really liked it.

Can't find a LE/Premium to play so watched about 30 minutes of LE gameplay on YouTube. I did not see any reason to pay the extra $$ based on what I saw. The crossbow looks like it is useless and with all the complaints about the left ramp, I have made up my mind. Ordering a Pro.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'd miss spinners and lighting features the most.

I went with the pro also but I agree with you and I still thing the ramp would be worth the trouble to bash the zombie.

#61 4 years ago

I went premium

#62 4 years ago

Congrats!

2 weeks later
#63 4 years ago

Cabinet looks stunning! Wow so happy I picked premium over LE.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Played the Pro and really liked it.
Can't find a LE/Premium to play so watched about 30 minutes of LE gameplay on YouTube. I did not see any reason to pay the extra $$ based on what I saw. The crossbow looks like it is useless and with all the complaints about the left ramp, I have made up my mind. Ordering a Pro.

Thanks for ordering from me.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Somebody needs to come up with a larger and better tank topper, for less money.

This guy, this guy speaks the truth!
Why isn't there a better, less expensive fishtank full of heads?

2 weeks later
#66 4 years ago

While I'm waiting for delivery of my premium I got a call from the distributor LE is still available too

I only saw the Premium in person which I believe looks very good but...

For those who saw both which cabinet looks best?

It's very hard to see how the rusty armor looks on the pictures. Does it look ok in a lineup?

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

While I'm waiting for delivery of my premium I got a call from the distributor LE is still available too
I only saw the Premium in person which I believe looks very good but...
For those who saw both which cabinet looks best?
It's very hard to see how the rusty armor looks on the pictures. Does it look ok in a lineup?

the LE is much more impressive in person. pictures do not do it justice.

#68 4 years ago

I have the LE and love it. Armor looks great. Doesn't have that shiny smooth feeling of my acdc Le but more of a rough feel. That being said , the premium looks pretty sweet

#69 4 years ago

LE looks better IMO. Plus it doesn't have the actors plastered anywhere on it which I REALLY like because they aren't even in the game anyways and it makes the pin more timeless.

#70 4 years ago

I just spent the whole weekend playing a LE. Big difference over the pro. Add a sub and wow, does the sound thump. If money is not the issue, premium is the way to go, imo.

#71 4 years ago

Glad I saved the $2000 on the pro. Crossbow and lift ramp are cool features but I could live without them.

#72 4 years ago

Bicycle girl said she likes the pro better !!! I asked her why she said cuz she's not getting her face bashed in lol twd is a bad ass pin no matter what

image.jpg
#74 4 years ago

Pro is the way to go!

#75 4 years ago

I doubted a lots, then took the pro coz I liked the artwork more than the LE.
Now that the premium is out, I went to play one to know if I will upgrade, but I'm glad I took the pro
and I'll stay with the pro. For me personally I don't like the well walker magnet and bicycle girl ramp lifting up and bicycle girl ramp is harder to shoot on le/premium than on the pro also. The crossbow is a cooler feature. In the pro you shot your crossbow without realising it, it goes so fast.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I doubted a lots, then took the pro coz I liked the artwork more than the LE.
Now that the premium is out, I went to play one to know if I will upgrade, but I'm glad I took the pro
and I'll stay with the pro. For me personally I don't like the well walker magnet and bicycle girl ramp lifting up and bicycle girl ramp is harder to shoot on le/premium than on the pro also. The crossbow is a cooler feature. In the pro you shot your crossbow without realising it, it goes so fast.

Couldn't agree with you more the flow is amazing on the pro

#77 4 years ago

The game simply rocks .... In all its incarnations

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chandler, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside