(Topic ID: 113264)

TWD: so now the premium is ther would you still buy the pro?

By pninja005

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rolandthoms
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Still get the pro?

#2 4 years ago

Nope! Premium all the way......

#3 4 years ago

This is definitely going to vary based on the person. I love the TWD theme but the integration of this theme in the pin is a bit iffy for me with the current code. If they add actor call-outs etc. that would tempt me to get the full featured Premium. At this point I can just see myself getting a Pro and using the change towards another pin.

I'm waiting to see how the code turns out before I pull my trigger on this title though..

#4 4 years ago

Sold my pro to upgrade to a premium
Plus the tank topper will look so much better on the premium

#5 4 years ago

Somebody needs to come up with a larger and better tank topper, for less money.

#6 4 years ago

I think I am going with the Pro.

The extra $2000 does not seem worth it as far as gameplay for the premium. The crossbow does not add to the game, the spinners don't change the code and the extra magnet is OK but not essential. The insert colored GI, fish tank, and bicycle girl under the ramp are cool but not worth the extra cash in my opinion. Played Black Rose's Pro yesterday and I like the feel of the machine, it was fun to play. I could change my mind, but leaning towards the Pro.

#7 4 years ago

I guess that depends on price. What is the street-price difference between the two versions? Not MSRP. I am trying to decide but haven't seen a premium in person yet.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I guess that depends on price. What is the street-price difference between the two versions? Not MSRP. I am trying to decide but haven't seen a premium in person yet.

About $1,500 to $1,700.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

About $1,500 to $1,700.

If this is the price difference, I will stick with my pro. My wife and I can't stop playing it, and I don't see how the extra features on the premium would make me want to play it anymore than I do already.

#10 4 years ago

Get the pro its faster no ramp issues

#11 4 years ago

I read the Bicycle Ramp on the Premium is broken (damages playfield) and Stern will be sending out a "fix". I'd at-least wait till that fix is implemented from the factory.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Get the Pro. Crossbow (slows down the game) and bicycle ramp are negatives in my opinion.-why take away the left ramp which is one of the best shots in the whole game? -kills flow.

The only thing I'd really miss from the LE is the magnet in front of the well walker and the target/spinner in the Woodbury lane. -and possibly the lighting later on in code.

#13 4 years ago

I absolutley love my pro and have no plans to upgrade!! It's so much fun to mod out this bad boy

#14 4 years ago

I just ordered the Pro the added stuff on the premium for the price was not worth it to me.

#15 4 years ago

Death saves are harder with the premium/LE, so I gotta go with the pro.

#16 4 years ago

Neither. It's LE or nothing.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Neither. It's LE or nothing.

because you own it or becuase there is something that you think makes it better/justify the added cost?

#18 4 years ago

I ll go for the premium !!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

because you own it or becuase there is something that you think makes it better/justify the added cost?

Because the LE comes with a Certificate of Authenticity that just so happens to be hand signed by THE Gary Stern himself, perhaps you heard of him?

When I unwrapped my LE the first thing I did was transplant this Official Document of Certification to an air tight container out of the way of direct sunlight. Later when I had time I transferred it into a large document envelope with poster board on either side to prevent creases. Then I had the envelope Notarized and Officially sealed. As I headed out for the safety deposit box at my bank I calculated just the right amount of desiccant to include in the box. After everything was secured I felt like a tremendous load of worry was lifted from my mind. Most non LE owners will never understand that getting that handled right away is the largest burden of every LE owners dire responsibility.

I just hope my bank doesn't get robbed now.

#20 4 years ago

I laughed!

#21 4 years ago

Go Premium/LE or go home.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Because the LE comes with a Certificate of Authenticity that just so happens to be hand signed by THE Gary Stern himself, perhaps you heard of him?
When I unwrapped my LE the first thing I did was transplant this Official Document of Certification to an air tight container out of the way of direct sunlight. Later when I had time I transferred it into a large document envelope with poster board on either side to prevent creases. Then I had the envelope Notarized and Officially sealed. As I headed out for the safety deposit box at my bank I calculated just the right amount of desiccant to include in the box. After everything was secured I felt like a tremendous load of worry was lifted from my mind. Most non LE owners will never understand that getting that handled right away is the largest burden of every LE owners dire responsibility.
I just hope my bank doesn't get robbed now.

You forgot about the signature on the playfield. You also need to put UV resistant mylar down on the playfield to protect Gary Stern's signature from wear and fading. The tricky part is removing the certificate from the game (for safe keeping in a vault) and applying the playfield mylar to the game without breaking the factory seal on the box. This IS a collectible after all. And one thing we know about collectibles is that they lose most of their collectibility once the item is removed from the box

#23 4 years ago

Go Premium/LE or go home.

#24 4 years ago

I think what hes saying is buy a le or a premium for a slower game that has problems from the factory or buy a pro thats fast as fuq and is a blast to mod and play

#25 4 years ago

I could barely afford the Pro when I plopped down my order, so as much as I would like to say that I would have grabbed a Premium, I'd be lying through my teeth.

That said, I couldn't be happier with my Pro. I play it pretty much ever day. I don't think I've ever been this addicted to any of my pins.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I think what hes saying is buy a le or a premium for a slower game that has problems from the factory or buy a pro thats fast as fuq and is a blast to mod and play

Nope. I'm saying buy Premium/LE to get the best game.

Pros are for routing.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I read the Bicycle Ramp on the Premium is broken (damages playfield) and Stern will be sending out a "fix". I'd at-least wait till that fix is implemented from the factory.

I just ordered a Premium and I was assured by my distrib. that the left ramp fixes were addressed and being implemented on the line. The distributor called Stern to confirm before I placed the order. I hope to receive the game the end of this week so I will report back once I set it up..

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I just ordered a Premium and I was assured by my distrib. that the left ramp fixes were addressed and being implemented on the line. The distributor called Stern to confirm before I placed the order. I hope to receive the game the end of this week so I will report back once I set it up..

cool, I hope it is as im sure you do

#30 4 years ago

I have to say I was tempted to sell my Pro and get a premium. But that would mean I would have to sell another game. To me having that ramp and magnet and spinner isn't worth selling say my Black Rose or another game in the 1500 - 2000 range

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

What he said!!!

#32 4 years ago

The Prem/LE is a great game. So is the Pro. Both I'm sure play great for the masses, and like everything there are people who will disagree, as both have negative comments from some people in the way they play. The negatives posted in my experience are not an issue for most people, and if so, they can be rectified with simple adjustments.

There will always be pro buyers because of the price point. And it's doubtful there will be much thought given from Prem/LE owners to downgrade to Pro with it's reduced features. But there will be some Pro owners who will upgrade to the Prem. It all comes down to how comfortable a person is with the extra $$ spent. For some it is nothing, others a big deal. It's a qualitative question dependent upon individual characteristics, with no right answer. Some will upgrade. Some won't.

#33 4 years ago

Being a LE owner, I must admit the left ramp did become a PITA at first. Had to adjust the ramp and put the extra protection down to protect the playfield, so now it's buttery smooth. Just wish it would have came out the box that way. But, once I added Nody's BG light and the way it interacts now with the hits of the girl, it's just a satisfying shot and something Stern should have put in the LEs or Premium right off the bat.

Have to agree on the crossbow shot though. I NEVER hit any shot with the crossbow and I was hoping it would do more in the gameplay. It just doesn't seem smooth or react right, but maybe it's just me and my sucky playing. Maybe an updated code will fix it.

But like Kip said, I pulled out my Amazing Spiderman #1 out of it's plastic prison and replaced it with TWD signed certificate. I heard they used a pinch of Gary Stern's blood in the ink!

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Because it's limited edition. What part don't you understand?

#35 4 years ago

I would not buy a Pro in the first place; Premium or no Premium. Now I have two choices Premium or LE.

#36 4 years ago

I really enjoy the pro and don't plan on switching unless some new amazing code comes out.
And usually I'm an LE premium guy but not on this one.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Probably one of the silliest comments I've read on this thread. The pro faster then the LE, I don't think so the left ramp when down on the LE operates just the same as the pro, a ramp that sends the ball back to the flippers. When the left ramp is up on the LE the ball bashes the BG and is sent immediately back to the flippers, no waiting for it to go around the whole ramp, speed advantage LE. Also the Woodbury shot on the LE has the drop target that sends the ball immediately back to the flippers, super fast. On the pro EVERY time you make the Woodbury shot by accident or on purpose it is sent to the shooter lane where you have to wait for it to shoot to the bumpers, wait for the bumpers to finish with it then wait for it to roll down to the flippers, speed advantage LE for sure. Over all the LE is a much faster machine, a lot more waiting for the ball on the pro.

#38 4 years ago

I wouldn't upgrade my pro to prem/le. The features aren't worth the extra money imo.

The crossbow mode on pro is fantastic and rewards accuracy and skillful flipper moves. The crossbow mode on prem/le takes away the flippers. Might as well turn crossbow into a video mode. I've also heard the Austin Powers cannon doesn't make all of the shots consistently? PF dimples are free.

Right now the Woodbury shot on pro is an extra ball or a crappy mode. Adding a drop in front of it and making it harder to get too is not helping me to want to go after this shot. Adding a spinner in that shot is a waste of a spinner too.

The ramp is the worst though. I've seen threads of people putting weather stripping under the ramp so it doesn't reject or mess up their playfield? Seems worth the extra money to me!

TWD is an awesome game though. Absolutely love it and I think when the code is complete it will be one of the best Sterns to date.

#39 4 years ago

I like the pro!!

#40 4 years ago

I love the LE!

#41 4 years ago

Pros are for routing.

It's strange you have to explain this. I thought all pin players/collectors new this. It's been a fact since day 1. Why people buy a NIB pro for home use is beyond me.

#42 4 years ago

Big fan of my pro.

#43 4 years ago

I have NO Regret's N getting the Pro , I Love to mod out a Pin and TWD Pro is a Great candidate .. The 1.19 code is Good and I'm sure there will be another .. The more i play the Deeper i get , I Will say this , during Prison Multi-ball , if i'm Lucky to get a Glimpse of the display some Crazzy animation's R up there

#44 4 years ago

For players looking down their noses at pros... if I could add any other game to my collection right now it'd probably be another system 11. So for the price of of another sweet pin I get some additional features that don't matter all that much to me and a junky looking "crossbow" that I would actually pay money to leave out (or jumbo size hammer, etc). I'm happy that you can spend 75k+ on your collection but it doesn't have to take a small fortune to enjoy pinball.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

junky looking "crossbow" that I would actually pay money to leave out .

That's Precious... you made my day.

Think about all those people that play a modern pro pin at a bar or other commercial establishment and want one that don't know about deluxe editions. They find out they can own it, they buy the same one for their recreational pleasure, they're the happiest people in the world. They now own what they were exposed to and couldn't be happier. That's the way it should be.

Not everyone joins a Pinball forum, spends countless hours debating trivialities, or cares. Play what you got and be happy. Sometimes I think the further you go down the rabbit hole here at pinside the more jaded one becomes.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

With me it's just knowing I own the highest tier version offered.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

For players looking down their noses at pros... if I could add any other game to my collection right now it'd probably be another system 11. So for the price of of another sweet pin I get some additional features that don't matter all that much to me and a junky looking "crossbow" that I would actually pay money to leave out (or jumbo size hammer, etc). I'm happy that you can spend 75k+ on your collection but it doesn't have to take a small fortune to enjoy pinball.

Sorry but you're the one that sounds a little snooty; 'oh I don't need your fancy toys cause they're junk, I have system 11 games'. Most the people who have $75k collections didn't get it overnight. They worked hard for it, adding a few games a year for the past 20 years.

And I agree with your last statement; it's why there's so many diverse people on pinside. Some love the newer sterns (pro and LE alike), some like the 90s era games, others system 11, and for some odd reason there's people here that love EMs (I kid I kid...). Have fun...it's Christmas!

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Why people buy a NIB pro for home use is beyond me.

Because some of us simply can't afford the extra cost. I recently purchased a NIB Met Pro, I would have bought an LE if I could, but I had to settle for the Pro. Doesn't mean I'm not loving it!

#49 4 years ago

I love the look of the Premium with the exception of the translight. It's a little, um... too much. I'll probably switch it out with something else when available. I plan to make this and Iron Man my first NIB purchases come January. Should make for some nice late Holiday gifts for the family.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Because some of us simply can't afford the extra cost. I recently purchased a NIB Met Pro, I would have bought an LE if I could, but I had to settle for the Pro. Doesn't mean I'm not loving it!

Personally I don't think you settled at all. MET LE does not have much over the pro version. It's the gameplay that matters. LE's & Premium's are cool......but not for the price difference.

Honestly, in "most" cases when I hear someone say they just purchased an LE I think to myself "you spent an extra $1700 for what?" It's their money and they can do what they want with it....if their happy great....I just don't get it I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
4,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Knoxville, TN
4,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Indianapolis, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside