20160217_201127_(resized).jpg
hinge angeled.jpg
hinge open.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

The Walking Dead Pinball ramp illumination kit by Mezelmods! Bring blood red or eery blue to your Walking Dead ramps with this simple mod. Attaches the the back of the backboard with double stick tape. Plugs into the coin door.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/walking-dead-pinball-ramp-illumination

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Yes please - blood red is the ticket.. Take my money

#3 9 years ago

Very cool

#4 9 years ago

The red is awesome...

#5 9 years ago

I received my red illumination kit from you today and just wanted to say thanks. It looks great and adds just the right amount of color to those back clear ramps on my TWDLE.

I cut a long piano hinge to match the length of the LED strip and with a level screwed the bottom hinge across the back inside of the cabinet above the top ramp so I wouldn't see the LEDs through the ramp opening. I used the double sided 3m tape to secure the LED strip across the non attached top hinge. This allowed me to dial in the angle and thus control the amount of light to shine directly down on to both the ramps. I just couldn't bring myself to stick the LED strip to the back cabinet wood flush facing straight forward and risk wasting any luminescence toward the lower ramp. Wacked the outer 2 inches of the hinge on both ends with a hammer before I started the installation just enough to stiffen the hinge so it would hold the angle I set and not collapse and do what a hinge is supposed to do from vibrations.

Thanks again and I will keep an eye out for more great mods from you.

2 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

That looks awesome. I love the blue color, a nice contrast to all of the red in that game.

2 weeks later
#8 9 years ago

anyone have install pictures of the leds double taped into position please?
Easier with pictures than the instruction sheet.

#10 9 years ago

That's my game above, I didn't adhere the strip perfectly against the backboard but rather bent it so it aimed down more into the ramps themselves, greater effect for sure. Next time I have to PF up I will take a couple pics.

#12 9 years ago

I'm curious are people buying more red or blue of this mod? A friend of mine has the blue and though I like it I'm not sure it looks the best, but with the red will that be too much red? I'm trying to figure out which one to get. I have replaced a number of the white led's with red's so I have a good bit of red in my pin already. Thoughts from those of you who have installed?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Blue is the most popular

Ok thanks.

#16 9 years ago

Thanks for the pic. I have now realized I have no idea what I'm doing. Still, happy.
hinge open.jpghinge open.jpg
hinge angeled.jpghinge angeled.jpg
Not mounted to the back of the playfield but to the back of the cabinet back box.

#17 9 years ago

Heck that will work, more tape surface area!

#18 9 years ago

Thanks, Always easier with a picture

1 year later
#19 8 years ago

Hey guys,

I just installed this last night. One thing that is driving me crazy is the amount of light bleeding through the backboard. I can see it above every ramp and its even more so where the fish tank heads are (Pro model).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this? I thought about taping some black construction paper on the back of the backboard to block the light.

Curious if what others have done as I can see this happening in other pictures..

Thanks.

#20 8 years ago

I made my own mod for this and used two smaller led strips and taped them directly to the curved part of the ramps behind the back board.

20160217_201127_(resized).jpg20160217_201127_(resized).jpg

#21 8 years ago

I see you have a lot of light bleeding through the backboard as well. That drives me crazy. I need a solution or else I wont be able to use this mod..

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I see you have a lot of light bleeding through the backboard as well. That drives me crazy. I need a solution or else I wont be able to use this mod..

Do you have the lights facing away from the back board to minimize the bleed through?

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Do you have the lights facing away from the back board to minimize the bleed through?

Yes, I installed them just as the directions show. On the back of the backboard, under the wires...

The problem is that the backboard is very thin and will show the light except for where the wooden posts are. Like the above picture, you can see heavy light showing through above the two middle ramps. I can see this above all my ramps and even more where the fish tank head is. Its so heavy that it actually outshines the green "fish tank LED's" and is partially lit blue...

#24 8 years ago

Black construction paper to block out the shadowing works.

#25 8 years ago

I highly recommend this mod! The blue gives an awesome contrast to all the red on this machine... Great mod!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Black construction paper to block out the shadowing works.

I bought some black poster board yesterday but wont get a chance to get it in until next week or so. Im sure it will do the trick..

#27 8 years ago

Isn't paper a bit on the flammable side.

1 week later
#28 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Isn't paper a bit on the flammable side.

So is the wooden cabinet lol. Its not something I am worried about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-ramp-illumination-by-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.