(Topic ID: 115799)

Is my TWD level?

By Russell

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

I've played both of those drain monsters over Xmas, same exact ones. It's the setup of the pins themselves.

Go read some of the posts in a couple of other threads where MOST people have zero issues/zero drains HUO because its set up properly and the ones that do its just an easy leveling adjustment fix.

It's a frustrating thing, especially the one at Eric's, when that happens, destroys MB's as well. If I had played that pin first before I bought my LE I would have never bought one. Thankfully, I didn't.

It's a great pin, the only gripe I have right now is the crossbow is basically a joke.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

My machine is leaning slightly to the right and I get lots of pop drains.
Will get it leveled and report back, but can't see it making a big difference

It will make a BIG difference, the slightest of leveling on this pin seems to make major differences with that issue.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I've noticed that if this game is leaning at all to the right it'll be a drain monster from the pops and prison. Even just barely to the right makes it tough.

Agreed, more than any pin I've ever owned, this one has to be leveled correctly, and not off by a hair.

It's an entirely different game when you don't get the pop drains, it removes the urge to take a sledge hammer to the pin, like I wanted to do at Erics.

Nonetheless, I still played the shit out of it, even with a ST that I don't own right next to it

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The fact that leveling has to be so precise on this machine makes it a piece of shit for location play. Sounds like it is fine for home play, but I get super pissed when the ball just dribbles down the drain continuously on location.This is a design flaw and will hurt earnings since no one wants cheap drains. You can't expect an operator to keep a game level at all times on a location and as a customer I have no access nor the willingness to crawl on the floor and level a game I'm pumping money into.

You can reach down, and lower the left leg a tiny bit, help the OP out, problem solved.

It's not a "design flaw", it IS the Op's responsibility to maintain pins properly and like Chuck says, people still want to play the shit out of it.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm saying that it's hard for an OP to maintain such a precise level. It shouldn't have to be that way.

I agree, it shouldn't have to be that way and most, like Eric's in Breck wouldn't even know it was happening.

If this pin is getting those pop drains and prison walker not registering hits properly, like the above location, it makes it almost impossible, this pin is hard enough as it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-quick-drain-out-of-pops-area?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.