• Yes 52 votes
    56%
  • No 41 votes
    44%

(93 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

76A78890-A7B8-43AA-A5DF-653794DE6727 (resized).jpeg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I love bicycle girl. She’s sweet and smooth skinned

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I love bicycle girl. She’s sweet and smooth skinned

76A78890-A7B8-43AA-A5DF-653794DE6727 (resized).jpeg76A78890-A7B8-43AA-A5DF-653794DE6727 (resized).jpeg
#54 4 years ago

What I am seeing is some pinsiders who had pros and upgraded to premiums and are glad they did. I don’t see any pinsiders who had premiums and downgraded to pros and are happy they did. I prefer the pro version of many games to the premium. But this is definitely the one game other than Tron, that you must upgrade if you want a much better experience. The early run LEs had issues with the ramp, but they worked out all the kinks on the premiums. My premium left ramp is silky smooth. Bicycle girl does not interrupt flow. It’s a bash toy and comes back to the flippers just as quick as the pro ramp does. It doesn’t hold the ball, so I don’t get that argument that I keep hearing. Playing the pro is checkers, playing the premium is chess.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t see any pinsiders who had premiums and downgraded to pros

You are right!
I will keep searching for a premium. The problem is that I will probably won't find a premium here, so I will have to go with the LE if I want the better experience as you guys refer. But tat is a huge price difference

#56 4 years ago

I don’t buy into this much better experience bit. The pro is a fantastic game... I own one... in the same breath I’d take a premium over the pro but I don’t feel obligated to put down the pro to make my point. I suspect you’d be more than happy with a pro... let’s putnit this way... I’d rather have a pro than no TWD at all. Given the opportunity to make the decision again I’d go premium over pro but I am in no way convinced that the ‘experience’ is far superior. The games are both amazing.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

?? The price difference is minimal if you look now in the classifieds.. like 600 -800 more if you get a solid deal. At that price its a no brainer. I owned the pro, now the premium, no way I could go back, the color changing GI is worth it alone, plus all of the other extras.

More like a 2k difference on the average.

Let me look put it this way: I'll give you my HUO Pro and $600 -- will you trade?

The guy above me nailed it.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don’t buy into this much better experience bit. The pro is a fantastic game... I own one... in the same breath I’d take a premium over the pro but I don’t feel obligated to put down the pro to make my point. I suspect you’d be more than happy with a pro... let’s putnit this way... I’d rather have a pro than no TWD at all. Given the opportunity to make the decision again I’d go premium over pro but I am in no way convinced that the ‘experience’ is far superior. The games are both amazing.

I wasn’t putting down the pro. The pro is still an excellent game. It’s just that I think the premium is the greatest game ever made. Sure the art or voice actor could be better, but still the best in my opinion.

#59 4 years ago

I have never seen a premium in person. I own a pro and love it but if I had the chance to upgrade to premium I would.

#60 4 years ago

Get the Pro. I loved the Pro, but ended up having a Premium in my gameroom for a while. I never liked it. Get the Pro and never look back.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have never seen a premium in person. I own a pro and love it but if I had the chance to upgrade to premium I would.

I had played a Pro on location for hundreds of games and it was already one of my favorite pins before I ever tried a Premium. When I did it felt like a whole new game with extra strategy, toys and features. I knew for home that the Premium/LE was what I wanted. The Pro is still an awesome game and one of my favorites but the Premium/LE is just better overall. Now the Pro feels so stripped down when I play it without the lighting effects, spinners, fish tank, etc. Still fun and I'd recommend either model depending on budget.

Also, the Pro is definitely the easier of the two models to play. My scores are generally a bit higher on the Pro. Sure, the Walker bombs can save you from time to time but the Premium just drains harder with the extra bash target and magnet.

#62 4 years ago

I have a premium and love it. It's my favorite game...of all time! When I play a Pro somewhere else I'm always left feeling like there is just so much missing. The Pro is a great game but the Premium is the greatest IMO.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Get the Pro. I loved the Pro, but ended up having a Premium in my gameroom for a while. I never liked it. Get the Pro and never look back.

Wow, you are the only person I have heard of to have this opinion. Maybe the premium you had in your game room wasn’t set up properly. This title more than any other plays vastly different than it should if not set up right and dialed in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 8.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-twd-premium-advice-needed/page/2?hl=pintuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.