• Yes 52 votes
    56%
  • No 41 votes
    44%

(93 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

76A78890-A7B8-43AA-A5DF-653794DE6727 (resized).jpeg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I am looking for a TWD premium for ages now andI am starting to get tired of waiting. It's very very hard to find one in Europe because not many were sold here.
I see a few pros for sale and I started wondering if the premium is really worth it compared to the pro. Because if so I am considering importing one from the USA. That will cost way more so I would like to know everyone's opinions first.

The main differences I see is the bow, the bomb button and the well magnet. Does this change the game completely for the better?

Would love to know what you guys think.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

The main differences I see is the bow, the bomb button and the well magnet. Does this change the game completely for the better?

and lighting, spinners, b girl with the mod is great. Hold off and get the Pre but you could always get a Pro right now and upgrade. Is the Pre worth the wait, in my opinion, yes.

#3 4 years ago

Would love to see some opinions also...

#4 4 years ago

The lightning really enhances the mood in certain modes. I find the premium to be a lot more fun. I enjoy mine so much I’m interested in selling and upgrading to the LE.

#5 4 years ago

As a tournament player I like the pro more as I feel like the bomb button and spinner make the premium/LE easy. They are nice features but the game play is still pretty much the same besides the cross bow and bicycle girl ramp.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I enjoy mine so much I’m interested in selling and upgrading to the LE.

I wouldn't. Had an LE unless u really love the armor upgrade which I don't care for then the Pre has all the same options and the best translite of the 3.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

As a tournament player I like the pro more as I feel like the bomb button and spinner make the premium/LE easy.

This is interesting.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

best translite of the 3

Sorry... but the best translite is the one I made muhahahah

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

This is interesting.

and horseshit.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Sorry... but the best translite is the one I made muhahahah

Lets see it.

#11 4 years ago

I own a pro and love it. I mostly would want the lighting, spinner, and walker bombs.

I could careless for the up ramp or the crossbow. I’m a little torn if I miss the well walker magnet.

If they create a total light show for the pro I think it would be awesome.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

As a tournament player I like the pro more as I feel like the bomb button and spinner make the premium/LE easy. They are nice features but the game play is still pretty much the same besides the cross bow and bicycle girl ramp.

Definitely don't "worry" that ANY version of TWD will be too easy - LOL!!!

Premium/LE all the way on TWD - no question!
- Lighting is way cooler
- BG Lift ramp adds variety, and the ramp smoothness can be fixed
- Walker Bombs are fun and add to the strategy - and it's a + that they may help you get farther in this extremely tough game!
- Crossbow is a very fun/cool toy
- Spinners
- Well Walker Magnet
- Color Changing LEDs inserts
- Better artwork: LE > Pre > Pro

IMO TWD Pre/LE is one of the best games Stern has made!
The pro is still fun, but it loses the immersive nuances that the Pre/LE have big time for me.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I own a pro and love it. I mostly would want the lighting, spinner, and walker bombs.

I could careless for the up ramp or the crossbow. I’m a little torn if I miss the well walker magnet.

Thanks for writing exactly what I was going to write.

I think a Pro with spinners and the action button added and the opening prison door and giant head removed would be a better compromise than what we have now. Even still, the Pro is just awesome thanks to the amazing code.

#14 4 years ago

I had TWD Premium on my wanted list (still do actually) but I stumbled across a nice Pro recently on a trade and I couldn't say no. I've been having a blast with the Pro the last couple of months, and that's kind of taken the gusto out of me finding a Premium, although if I find one down the road I'd probably swap the Pro out for the Premium. I do miss some of the features like the spinners and walker bombs. The well walker magnet wasn't that big of a deal to me. The lifting ramp for bicycle girl and the crossbow toy are pretty cool if you have them dialed in and working right, but I'm pretty cool with being able to loop the CDC mode and Bicycle Girl at the same time. The crossbow mode isn't that bad having to use the flippers to shoot so I've gotten way cooler with that than I thought I'd be.

I did add some mods as without the color changing LEDs of the Premium, the Pro does look really bare. I added the fish tank illumination from Mezel Mods, which adds a nice touch of green to the back right corner and serves as a good indicator of how many heads you have to collect to finish a fish tank and light Woodbury. I also added the blue behind the back board ramp illumination to add a little dash of color other than the red. tan, and cool white lighting that's everywhere you look on the Pro.

You could buy TWD Pro now and enjoy it as I have been doing. I gotta say I played the thing like mad the first month and a half, but have cooled off it a little recently, because when I play it I've gotta be in the mood for a pinball fight, because that mofo isn't gonna just let me step up to it and have a casual game. Nope, it's gonna fight me every step of the way, which is what I love about it. But... I have to be in the mood for a pinball fight. Sometimes I just want to bat the ball around and chill, LOL, and TWD Pro isn't the game for that.

#15 4 years ago

I played the LE alot before picking up a PRO. The extras just weren't that important to me. PRO is good enough! Actually VERY GOOD! Its a tough game and super fun with all the stacking.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have to be in the mood for a pinball fight

LOL amazing comment!

#18 4 years ago

Guess the opinions and the poll are close to 50-50

#19 4 years ago

They both have a known issue: the ball goes down the drain in the middle when I play them

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Guess the opinions and the poll are close to 50-50

Just dive into the Pro end of the pool and when you're ready, swim down to the Premium end

#21 4 years ago

TWD and MET prem all the way!

I played the pros first and was Meh. Played the premiums and had that instant "I need this now" feeling.

#22 4 years ago

I voted for a premium, as that is what I have and I love it.

However, if you can't find one in Portugal or nearby, I wouldn't turn down a Pro.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I am looking for a TWD premium for ages now andI am starting to get tired of waiting. It's very very hard to find one in Europe because not many were sold here.
I see a few pros for sale and I started wondering if the premium is really worth it compared to the pro. Because if so I am considering importing one from the USA. That will cost way more so I would like to know everyone's opinions first.
Would love to know what you guys think.

there is one for sale here in the UK:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-walking-dead-twd-premium-huo.43547/

#24 4 years ago

I love my pro, have had it for over 4 years.
I have never had a chance to play the premium, so I don't miss what I have never seen or played

#25 4 years ago

premium. had pro. additional bash toy, fish tank, additional magnet, better lighting, and crossbow add up to worth the upgrade.

#26 4 years ago

My advice no matter which you pick: buy used. Make sure it was made pre-2018....

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Take a look around on this topic that has many pics

Very nice but the Pre is better.

#28 4 years ago

For the price difference, I prefer the Pro

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I wouldn't. Had an LE unless u really love the armor upgrade which I don't care for then the Pre has all the same options and the best translite of the 3.

On second thought I think you're right. I do prefer the LE armor, but I can always get mine powder coated. I dig that metallic green pinball refinery was using.

#30 4 years ago

The PRO has the flow! The Premium's lights are nice, but I don't like how the crossbow and bicycle girl ramp work. There's the Woodbury standup too, which isn't much.

#31 4 years ago

Premium/Le all the way for me. Why? The lighting just kills it for me over the pro. There’s not mood changing with the red gi and there’s no colour changing inserts. The changes are subtle but they’re impressive. I also enjoy the BG ramp and the crossbow and I know many don’t.

The prem/Le isn’t easier because of the walker bombs! You also have a magnet i front of the well walker and a drop target in front of Woodberry it just gives you a little bit of safety after you’ve qualified well and prison AND hit the drops on food and first aid!

Get a prem/Le I know I feel and see the difference when I play a pro

#32 4 years ago

I traded my TWD for a GB. If anyone has access to a time machine, feel free to use it to kick me in the nuts.

I like both versions. If $ isn't too much of a concern I would lean Prem.

#33 4 years ago

Pro is great for an arcade but for home go with the premium. I say hold out till one comes available.

#34 4 years ago

As this topic has many threads, I won't go into detail, but for me, if any Premium is a must have over the Pro, it's TWD (and now perhaps JP2).

Bicycle Girl light mod is a must as well. And I'm on the side that prefers your translite over the giant AMC advertisement

#35 4 years ago

Both suck; get JP2!

#36 4 years ago

Some killer deals have been on here lately for the premium though.

#37 4 years ago

Contacted him. He won't ship the machine.

Right now, with all the comments, I think I will continue to wait for a premium. It's not the bow or the BG or the lights. It's the bombs. I remember that the bombs (vip passes) in ACDC made the game very interesting, with a totally different strategy that was so much fun. I guess that on TWD it will be the same thing.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Contacted him. He won't ship the machine.
Right now, with all the comments, I think I will continue to wait for a premium. It's not the bow or the BG or the lights. It's the bombs. I remember that the bombs (vip passes) in ACDC made the game very interesting, with a totally different strategy that was so much fun. I guess that on TWD it will be the same thing.

Absolutely correct. The bombs adds a whole new complexity and strategy to the game. Wait for a premium.

#39 4 years ago

Before I bought, I had the same dilemma, I played both for a while and decided that the Premium is worth the extra money, actually one of the few Sterns where you have to get the Pre for the better experience.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

For the price difference, I prefer the Pro

?? The price difference is minimal if you look now in the classifieds.. like 600 -800 more if you get a solid deal. At that price its a no brainer. I owned the pro, now the premium, no way I could go back, the color changing GI is worth it alone, plus all of the other extras.

#41 4 years ago

I have a pro. If I got a premium, I’d install the left ramp from the pro onto the le. All the le features without the funky ramp.

Whatever you choose, enjoy the game!

#42 4 years ago

The never ending Pinside debate. Haven’t even read any posts, but I can tell you everyone who argues for the Pro is wrong. It’s Premium everyday and twice on Sunday.

#43 4 years ago

I own a pro and love it....But I have to admit, that I've never played the premium. As others have said, why not just by the pro for now and upgrade when a premium comes up for sale?

#44 4 years ago

I have no issues with the left ramp on my prem. Shoots smooth for me. Complaints seem a bit overblown, imo.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:?? The price difference is minimal if you look now in the classifieds.. like 600 -800 more if you get a solid deal. At that price its a no brainer. I owned the pro, now the premium, no way I could go back, the color changing GI is worth it alone, plus all of the other extras.

There are premiums out there for $5400‽

At that price go for it and replace the left ramp.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

The price difference is minimal

Unfortunately not here in Europe

If the difference here was 800 we wouldn't be having this debate.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I have a pro. If I got a premium, I’d install the left ramp from the pro onto the le. All the le features without the funky ramp.
Whatever you choose, enjoy the game!

True story

#48 4 years ago

I owned TWD Pro and really enjoyed it. Sold it and moved on. However, I said if I ever owned it again, it would be a Premium. And I’m a Pro buyer pretty much 100% of the time.

Picked up a Premium a few months back, and I’m super happy. Damn brutal game, but still fun!

#49 4 years ago

They're both fun to play, but I prefer Pro over Premium. Own a Pro at home, Premium is on location near me. It's much easier to get through the game and put up some massive scores on a Premium thanks to walker bombs. The crossbow is ok. The bicycle girl ramp is just annoying for me because it brings the flow of the game to a halt. My preference for the pro is because I don't want an action button, don't want a moving ramp, and don't really care to shoot the ball with the crossbow.

#50 4 years ago

Don’t recommend buying premium and replacing the left ramp. Bicycle Girl is cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 8.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-twd-premium-advice-needed/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.