9B7006C9-19E2-426C-A99C-39DA4F5D843F (resized).jpeg
20180514_130626 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).JPG
002 (resized).JPG
zoidberg.jpg
image-441.jpg
bloomin-onion.jpg
image-598.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winball_pizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

I have a TWD and have played a bunch of MET right now its a toss up for me. TWD has some really fun shots and the 2x pf doubler plus a massive inlane x, makes for some really fun high scoring opportunities. Trying to pull off a huge pop bumper jackpot with 2x and a huge inlane x is really fun. The pop bumper jackpot is the best use of pop bumpers maybe ever. Well walker MB is essentially worthless on its own and stacked with prison its best used as an add-a-ball. I do like that you can start and run modes during MB. Prison isn't to exciting or high scoring atm either, at least without the 2x. My highest scores tend to come from running higher scoring modes like Barn, Riot, Tunnel, Arena with 2x running. MB in TWD is almost a means to run modes with a safety net and build the pop bumper jackpot. The inlane outlane design on TWD is really challenging compared to most games. It can be more frustrating than MET left outlane area. You really have to get the ball out of the area entirely because balls that look like they are going inlane tend to creep out and into the outlane more than usual. Not exactly sure how the design has changed but it seems different and more difficult than other Stern games. With awesome code TWD could be the winner.

MET has one of the best single ball mini-wiz modes of all time. Crank it up is realllly fun and can be worth a ton. I also like how the hurry ups and qualifying CIU work though lighting inserts on various shots works. I like the Sparky and coffin better than Prison Well atm too. Super skill shot on MET is the best and most skillful skill shot of all time. You have to use flipper moves like loop passes to get the ball on the right flipper to shoot a lit skill shot on the left of the game. Its similar to AFM super skill shot in a lot of ways but, the reward of getting one of the hurry ups lit in one shot is more valuable and fun imo. The Ramps are great and flow nicely but, lady justice isn't really worth going for on its own and I tend to only shoot ramps when I need items for CIU. Blackend just straight up sucks. Sorry but, shooting a million dangerous as hell pick targets to end up shooting even more pick targets for practically no points SUCKS. Getting to Blackend should be worth a billion alone and every pick target 2 billion lol.

I love MET its a masterpiece imo. AC/DC is highly regarded as one of the best and most deep Stern games of all time but, for me MET offers more fun without having to know every last rule detail and strategy. TWD has so much potential to be right up there with the best Sterns. I'm sure Lyman won't let us down so its going to be a tough pick eventually, but if I was forced to pick one I would go with MET as of now. Really you can't go wrong with either.

#38 9 years ago

F!%#ING SLAYER!!!!! \m/\m/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winball_pizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-met-pro?tu=winball_pizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.