9B7006C9-19E2-426C-A99C-39DA4F5D843F (resized).jpeg
20180514_130626 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).JPG
002 (resized).JPG
zoidberg.jpg
image-441.jpg
bloomin-onion.jpg
image-598.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So I picked up a new TWD pro, and figured I'd come back to this thread.
First impressions... This game is brutal! I'll have a decent game every 10-20 plays. I've done Horde a couple of times, but I find there are just so many drains that feel like I had no chance to save them (like the tunnel dropping balls SDTM, and slings spitting balls directly into the gaping outlanes).
I haven't had enough time on MET, so wanted to get impressions on how it compares.

Are you a passive player ? TWD will chew you up and spit you out if you don’t shake it. I’m not talking about a liberal tilt and throwing the machine around but it needs a lot of nudging to keep the ball in play.

Here’s a top tip for you. At game start shoot 5 walker kills to light Bicycle Girl. Don’t start it yet. Complete the drops to light the modes. Shoot the left ramp at least twice and you will get two weapons towards Horde.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm definitely more than willing to nudge, and do it fairly often during a game. I put up a score of 700M the other night, so I do get some decent games going.
But the game definitely makes you work for it. I wouldn't say it's a game you'd go on when you just want to have some fun shooting around.
I'm going to keep it a bit longer to see if it grows on me, otherwise might flip for a MET or Maiden.

Give it time. It is, as you say, a brutal game but that can be a good thing. I notice you have a LOTR in your collection (I have just sold mine). TWD is the polar opposite of that. It isn’t a journey like LOTR, it is a straight up fight for survival.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Good point, and I've decided to give it a little more time to see if it grows on me. Hey, what's the worst case scenario here? I realize it's not a game for me, and I flip it for another awesome game. The very definition of first world problems
I actually had my best game of LOTR tonight. Had 5 gifts, and only had Fellowship MB to beat. Was one shot away from starting it a second time, with the other two MBs lit. I'm just getting familiar with the rules, but from my understanding, if I beat that MB, I would have received the 6th gift, and would get to start DTR, which if successful, would have been my shot at Valinor!
Not sure I have it right, and obviously, a lot of things would have had to click to get there, but it's my best run at it, and it was seriously intense!

You only need to start each of the three multiballs to qualify for Destroy The Ring. You don’t have to complete them.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes but I would have needed to beat that multiball to have all three of them completed for Valinor.
What I didn't realize is that there was a seventh gift needed. So I needed one more gift and I needed to complete that last multiballs and of course destroy the ring and I would have been there.
Definitely still a lot to do. But I'm determined to get this damn thing.

Did you get to There And Back Again ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-met-pro?tu=stoptap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.