9B7006C9-19E2-426C-A99C-39DA4F5D843F (resized).jpeg
20180514_130626 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).JPG
002 (resized).JPG
zoidberg.jpg
image-441.jpg
bloomin-onion.jpg
image-598.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 6 years ago

Wanted to bring this one back. Now with code updates, where do all of you stand on the voting?

I'm considering adding one of these to my collection.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Take both - for me MET is more the "Longplayer" and TWD is the "fast and furious ass kicker".
Both have really a nice flow, and can give you an adrenalin rush.
So if you can play 20 games on each and take the one you like

What game has the more achievable wizard mode?

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I owned a TWD LE, but sold it and now own a Met Pro. In my experience Met is more fun and I enjoy it much more. However, I accept TWD is probably the better game - I just found it far more frustrating and really don’t like the theme. I would like another TWD (Pro this time) but would not sell Met to fund it.

So MET is less punishing and has longer ball times? What about getting to the wizard modes?

One thing holding me back is that I really am not a fan of the photoshop artwork on the pf of TWD. Kind of thinking they might do a vault one day and bring it back with something better.

#85 6 years ago

I keep hearing that TWD pro isn't as good as premium/LE, but MET pro and premium/LE are comparable.

Thoughts?

#89 6 years ago

Played a MET pro and TWD Premium tonight and now I was thinking both haha!

#93 6 years ago

So I played a few games on MET last night, and I got to CIU. I'm guessing I am nowhere at all near EOTL?

Can anyone offer a simple rundown of what you need to do to get to EOTL?

With TWD, I had no idea what I was doing, so I basically just shot for mutliballs. Had a few of them going, and found it pretty fun to shoot.

Definitely both are examples of Stern's best.

Maybe I'll hold out and see if they vault TWD.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

On MET the key to acquiring a CIU mode is to collect x (12 or so) amount of cross, chair, grave & snake. When you hit your quota for each, then the insert icon will light for that item. You may do this by either bashing these objects or you can gain the needed # by hitting your ramps/orbits or cross. If your inserts for cross & snake or lit on your right ramp, then you will receive credit for 1 cross & 1 snake for that particular ramp. If all three (chair, snake & cross) icons are flashing, hit that ramp/orbit/cross for a hurry-up. Bash grave to receive x amount of points, then those inserts stay lit throughout the game. You need to bash grave to obtain your quota, but in multiball you may bash grave & receive your objective quickly. When you are eligible for a CIU mode, hit the mystery scoop & then pick your mode. When in a CIU mode, bash cross, chair, snake & grave once, then you'll be able to collect all the points acquired for that mode. So far I've made it to EOTL three x's by simply exiting every CIU mode ASAP.
For TWD, there are many different approaches to the rules. Normally, I would complete the 3 drop targets twice to light a mode. Then I would concentrate on racking up points on that mode to enhance score & lit the weapons insert(s). When completing your drop targets, the insert lights rotate & it's important to time that feature depending on what you need in progression to Blood Bath. If you already have first aid lit, then you really do not want to hit that feature again. Try to time your shot lock for either weapon or food for further progression towards Blood Bath. To make it to Horde, you need to do well in mode completions & multiball. For example, in Blood Bath, keep picking off the drop targets for add-a-ball & big points. Also, do well in your modes to light your weapon inserts. Horde is absolutely one of the greatest sub-wizards of all time! Good Luck!!!

So how many times do you have to do CIU in order to get to EOTL?

3 weeks later
#107 5 years ago

So I picked up a new TWD pro, and figured I'd come back to this thread.

First impressions... This game is brutal! I'll have a decent game every 10-20 plays. I've done Horde a couple of times, but I find there are just so many drains that feel like I had no chance to save them (like the tunnel dropping balls SDTM, and slings spitting balls directly into the gaping outlanes).

I haven't had enough time on MET, so wanted to get impressions on how it compares.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Are you a passive player ? TWD will chew you up and spit you out if you don’t shake it. I’m not talking about a liberal tilt and throwing the machine around but it needs a lot of nudging to keep the ball in play.
Here’s a top tip for you. At game start shoot 5 walker kills to light Bicycle Girl. Don’t start it yet. Complete the drops to light the modes. Shoot the left ramp at least twice and you will get two weapons towards Horde.

I'm definitely more than willing to nudge, and do it fairly often during a game. I put up a score of 700M the other night, so I do get some decent games going.

But the game definitely makes you work for it. I wouldn't say it's a game you'd go on when you just want to have some fun shooting around.

I'm going to keep it a bit longer to see if it grows on me, otherwise might flip for a MET or Maiden.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The pitch and level of the machine is absolutely critical on TWD to keep the tunnel feed from draining SDTM. There is a range where I can have the pitch and have almost 0 drains from that feed, but a small adjustment in either direction creates chaos. As for the slings, on most games, it helps to nudge up on the machine slightly when the ball hits the sling if you think it's going to kick into the outlane on the opposite side. You can also slap from the sides to reduce or increase the sling's affect on the ball. Don't let the slings control the ball.

And at what slant do you find that it plays best?

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Give it time. It is, as you say, a brutal game but that can be a good thing. I notice you have a LOTR in your collection (I have just sold mine). TWD is the polar opposite of that. It isn’t a journey like LOTR, it is a straight up fight for survival.

Good point, and I've decided to give it a little more time to see if it grows on me. Hey, what's the worst case scenario here? I realize it's not a game for me, and I flip it for another awesome game. The very definition of first world problems

I actually had my best game of LOTR tonight. Had 5 gifts, and only had Fellowship MB to beat. Was one shot away from starting it a second time, with the other two MBs lit. I'm just getting familiar with the rules, but from my understanding, if I beat that MB, I would have received the 6th gift, and would get to start DTR, which if successful, would have been my shot at Valinor!

Not sure I have it right, and obviously, a lot of things would have had to click to get there, but it's my best run at it, and it was seriously intense!

#119 5 years ago

Back to add to this one a little... Put a few more games on TWD Pro, and although is absolutely brutal and I find myself hitting reset a lot, I still find it to be a lot of fun. I almost feel like if the game was slightly less drainy, it would be pretty much perfect.

But that bring me back to MET. This game seems to have way more flow, and it does a lot of what TWD does in respect to fun.

Nothing to complain about... I have one great game, and I'll eventually decide whether it stays or gets swapped for another great game

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

You only need to start each of the three multiballs to qualify for Destroy The Ring. You don’t have to complete them.

Yes but I would have needed to beat that multiball to have all three of them completed for Valinor.

What I didn't realize is that there was a seventh gift needed. So I needed one more gift and I needed to complete that last multiballs and of course destroy the ring and I would have been there.

Definitely still a lot to do. But I'm determined to get this damn thing.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Did you get to There And Back Again ?

Yup.

1 month later
#134 5 years ago

Is it just me, or does it feel like 80% of the time that the ball heads to the outlanes, it is pretty much a guaranteed drain!

Maybe it's the way I have mine set (I'm at 6.5 degrees) but I feel like it's hard to string together a good game because the drains are so brutal in this game.

We're talking about TWD here if you haven't guessed

#139 5 years ago

Funny, after almost feeling like I was ready to sell TWD, I play one game this evening and get 651M and 74 zombie kills!

This game makes you feel like you're bipolar!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 149.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
7,600 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 16.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-met-pro?tu=Damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.