9B7006C9-19E2-426C-A99C-39DA4F5D843F (resized).jpeg
20180514_130626 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).JPG
002 (resized).JPG
zoidberg.jpg
image-441.jpg
bloomin-onion.jpg
image-598.jpg
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I think stern pins keep getting better. Going to def add one of these next. Like to hear diff thoughts from Pinsiders. Theme is 50-50 to me on both titles. Since these are both new would love to hear from those who have both which they like more...Sparky vs Well Walker

#2 9 years ago

I think you will like Met pro, I have had one for more than a year and its not going anywhere soon. I have not played enough TWD to give advice on it but I think the pro is pretty for sure. You should add a poll. But I'm pretty sure most will advise the Met pro purchase.

#3 9 years ago

poll added...Sparky vs Well Walker

#4 9 years ago

Allow me to cast the first vote for Met pro!

#5 9 years ago

I owned a Met Pre and it was great but got a little tedious after a few months, not a lot of time on the pro but basically same gameplay so I would say go with TWD, I really love my TWDLE more than Met Pre by a long shot. Don't get me wrong both are quite good just something fresh and unique to the feel of TWD. Only way is to play them and decide for yourself, my opinion TWD is a better pin. The whole element of survival and task of killing walkers in which ever way you see fit is quite rewarding and the flow is amazing. Buy both can't go wrong.

#6 9 years ago

yeah i like the adventure/survival part of TWD.

#7 9 years ago

Once TWD goes through an 18 month thread and it's code is complete, it would be a fair fight.

#8 9 years ago

TWD for sure

#9 9 years ago

personal taste of course, but MET pro is still the "best" recent pin on the market

(having only 2 places home for pinballs, a MET pro & a X-MEN LE) my son ask me few days ago :
why dont we bought TWD ?
me : OK, no prob, but we have to sell the MET
than he said : forget about it...

#10 9 years ago

Sell Xmen LE, that's the ticket.

#11 9 years ago

that's right around the time frame i will buy a nice huo TWD le

seems to be the going rate for finished code huh.... 14 - 18 months??

Quoted from Duff:

Once TWD goes through an 18 month thread and it's code is complete, it would be a fair fight.

#12 9 years ago

Met is complete. TWD code is just getting started. No contest right now.

#13 9 years ago

wow...more lopsided then I thought... TWD was fun when I put a few games on it.

#14 9 years ago

I had the same choice to make last month and chose MET... I'm still happy with that decision.

#15 9 years ago

Met Pro is a well made pin and polished! Its not for everyone but its way more fun so far...

#16 9 years ago

I have a TWD and have played a bunch of MET right now its a toss up for me. TWD has some really fun shots and the 2x pf doubler plus a massive inlane x, makes for some really fun high scoring opportunities. Trying to pull off a huge pop bumper jackpot with 2x and a huge inlane x is really fun. The pop bumper jackpot is the best use of pop bumpers maybe ever. Well walker MB is essentially worthless on its own and stacked with prison its best used as an add-a-ball. I do like that you can start and run modes during MB. Prison isn't to exciting or high scoring atm either, at least without the 2x. My highest scores tend to come from running higher scoring modes like Barn, Riot, Tunnel, Arena with 2x running. MB in TWD is almost a means to run modes with a safety net and build the pop bumper jackpot. The inlane outlane design on TWD is really challenging compared to most games. It can be more frustrating than MET left outlane area. You really have to get the ball out of the area entirely because balls that look like they are going inlane tend to creep out and into the outlane more than usual. Not exactly sure how the design has changed but it seems different and more difficult than other Stern games. With awesome code TWD could be the winner.

MET has one of the best single ball mini-wiz modes of all time. Crank it up is realllly fun and can be worth a ton. I also like how the hurry ups and qualifying CIU work though lighting inserts on various shots works. I like the Sparky and coffin better than Prison Well atm too. Super skill shot on MET is the best and most skillful skill shot of all time. You have to use flipper moves like loop passes to get the ball on the right flipper to shoot a lit skill shot on the left of the game. Its similar to AFM super skill shot in a lot of ways but, the reward of getting one of the hurry ups lit in one shot is more valuable and fun imo. The Ramps are great and flow nicely but, lady justice isn't really worth going for on its own and I tend to only shoot ramps when I need items for CIU. Blackend just straight up sucks. Sorry but, shooting a million dangerous as hell pick targets to end up shooting even more pick targets for practically no points SUCKS. Getting to Blackend should be worth a billion alone and every pick target 2 billion lol.

I love MET its a masterpiece imo. AC/DC is highly regarded as one of the best and most deep Stern games of all time but, for me MET offers more fun without having to know every last rule detail and strategy. TWD has so much potential to be right up there with the best Sterns. I'm sure Lyman won't let us down so its going to be a tough pick eventually, but if I was forced to pick one I would go with MET as of now. Really you can't go wrong with either.

#17 9 years ago

^ What he said (regarding Metallica).

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sell Xmen LE, that's the ticket.

no way in this case
as said, with "only" 2 pins home, i have to get 2 quite different pins in style, and with no doubt MET & TWD are very similar in game design, would not be a good idea to get these 2 home

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

with no doubt MET & TWD are very similar in game design, would not be a good idea to get these 2 home

I have the exact same impression (and as of today, Met wins hands down over TWD...)

#20 9 years ago

image-598.jpgimage-598.jpg

#21 9 years ago

Yeah if you like Metallica, I used to but now can't really stand them. Anything after justice is pure trash, so that definitely ended my time with the game early. TWD even with early code is more fun for me, and the theme is kick ass. Fuel, Sandman, no thanks. Killing Zombies, yes please. To each his own.

#22 9 years ago

However you can swap out the music for GNR or NIN or whatever you prefer.

#24 9 years ago

Looks like 4-1 MET wins.

#25 9 years ago

TWD is nice because you can have a drink while the ball is in the pops (I kid)

#26 9 years ago

Or Watch an episode of TWD

#27 9 years ago

or a drink and one of these ... boy i'm hungry.

bloomin-onion.jpgbloomin-onion.jpg

Quoted from rai:

TWD is nice because you can have a drink while the ball is in the pops (I kid)

#28 9 years ago

Or plenty of time for code update

#29 9 years ago

I was contemplating this decision myself a few weeks back. I went with the MET Pro because I like playing it, the artwork, music, ramps, sparky, etc.

Never played TWD yet but I'm a huge fan of the show, so I figured down the road I can sell or trade MET if it gets boring or simply buy TWD once the code is finished (if I like the gameplay).

Just the way I looked at it.

#30 9 years ago

Or a few beers

image-441.jpgimage-441.jpg

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I was contemplating this decision myself a few weeks back. I went with the MET Pro because I like playing it, the artwork, music, ramps, sparky, etc.
Never played TWD yet but I'm a huge fan of the show, so I figured down the road I can sell or trade MET if it gets boring or simply buy TWD once the code is finished (if I like the gameplay).
Just the way I looked at it.

You hit nail on head. Buy MET Pro and in a year trade for TWD when code is polished.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You hit nail on head. Buy MET Pro and in a year trade for TWD when code is polished.

Good point.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Anything after justice is pure trash, so that definitely ended my time with the game early.

IIRC there's only two post-Justice songs in the game, and you can change them with pinball broswer.

#34 9 years ago

I don't think its really fair to put them against each other yet, I remember most people were selling off met before the current code came out and twd isnt even close to having its code complete ,so your putting a finished game up against a newly released unfinished game and of course its going to be lopsided voting. I dont have any dogs in this fight but of course I would go for the finished game if I was going to purchase right now.

#35 9 years ago

I would add my own songs...So Ill bug someone for help.

My game will be loaded with songs from My fav group.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

IIRC there's only two post-Justice songs in the game, and you can change them with pinball broswer.

Yeah but the damage is done, the video's with make up and the ballads I really tried to like Met more and it is a superb playing pinball but I just couldn't do it. Listen I'm a freak, I don't allow men in my home with sandals and my house is filled with skulls and swords, my favorite band is Slayer who will never sell out. Its a matter of principle, I know I'm a freak, always have been and loving every minute of it. I think when I can pick up a cheap Met Pro I might re-theme it to Slayer. That's the way to go. Cab decals and translite, a few minor playfield customizations and of course call outs and song list.

#37 9 years ago

"Rain in Blood" Multi Ball

#38 9 years ago

F!%#ING SLAYER!!!!! \m/\m/

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sad but true, Unforgiven, Sandman, Fuel, End of the Line; I think... unless I'm forgetting another?

Come on Metallik, you'd think after all of the mandatory "Metallica conversations" every month or so in #pinball you'd be on top of your game

p.s. I haven't been in there forever, if this somehow has died off, nevermind

#40 9 years ago

If your looking to buy now then MET Pro is the way to go. It is a complete game and one of the best Sterns ever released. TWD is far from complete in the code department. Buy a MET Pro for now. It is an amazing game! TWD Pro hopefully will have a solid code sometime Summer of 2015. Then if the code ends up being solid then buy a TWD Pro.

#41 9 years ago

as said above, go for MET, enjoy it, and when code for TWD is/seems completed in 1 year or so, go for a trade...

(that's how i'm thinking in my case)

6 months later
#42 8 years ago

How do these games stack up with the new Walking Dead code?

I played The Walking Dead Pro for the very first time this week. I am a big fan of the show, but I never wanted to own the game. The artwork didn't do anything for me....Flash forward to this week and I found the layout interesting and the game was challenging and difficult....I kept pumping dollar coins into it every time the game ended.

I can't see myself getting a TWD to sit next to my Met Pro anytime soon, but would definitely consider owning one in the future.

#43 8 years ago

MET pro by a mile. TWD pro feels way too stripped down, the lack of magnet in front of the well walker makes said toy mostly useless.

If you want TWD, I feel the premium or LE is a must, the pro sucks.

MET I feel the premium/LE is entirely unnecessary and the Pro is the way to go.

Pro vs Pro.......MET by a landslide.

#44 8 years ago

I still give the nod to MET pro, but after the new code update, TWD pro is narrowing the gap for sure. Even without walker bombs, the physical crossbow and the couple other differences, TWD pro is a very very good game.

For me, I would much rather have a TWD pro because the bicycle girl bash toy kills the prem/le for me. It's serious makes the game have zero flow, and in my option every game show have some flow.

#45 8 years ago

...and then the next question. Walking Dead vs KISS Pro. Anyone able to compare that one?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

...and then the next question. Walking Dead vs KISS Pro. Anyone able to compare that one?

Yes. But this is another one that cannot really be a fair comparison quite yet. There is little to no code to Kiss. 6-8 months from now, The kiss and TWD comparison will be mor fair. But from what I saw yesterday playing Kiss, it definitely has potential.

#47 8 years ago

A friend has TWD Pro and is getting a KISS LE. Mr Gorgar if you're reading this, maybe a good old fashioned pinball meet is in order?

#48 8 years ago

I thought the Met Pre/LE lightshow really brought a lot to that game and TWDLE with the exception of the armor should be the pro, maybe the head under the ramp could go but I had a tough time getting over feeling cheated with the LE and sold it recently. Gameplay wise both are great and if you can stomach Metallica still (I was done with them after Justice) then both are quite good. I would say get the Pre model in both but if I had to choose one it would be TWD, Metallica is damn fun but got stale rather quick for me.

#49 8 years ago

I have them both: MET pro and TWD pro
And I like Metallica's music and I have never seen TWD...

But a absolutly prefer TWD over MET even with this software.
I also don't like MET LE...I hate that hammer...

I like the shots and the software from TWD more...

#50 8 years ago

Twd is a better game imo has that one more game effect

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-met-pro?hl=defdumblindkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.