• TWD pro 38 votes
    54%
  • GOT pro 24 votes
    34%
  • Neither 8 votes
    11%

(70 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

Which is the better game in your opinion and why? Pro model comparisons only.

#2 8 years ago

As most will say, hard to make a call now with GOT code unlikely complete....so.....WD

#3 8 years ago

I would choose TWD because of the art, music, dots and coding. Also the right ramp, woodbury and left inner orbit shots are all extremely satisfying.

#4 8 years ago

GOT is fun and the code is already close to complete. I think you get more from a TWD pro though. If you are talking premiums I would prefer GOT over TWD though. Both are good games.

#5 8 years ago

Obviously the different layouts make each game different, but which is more fun, challenging, deeper, etc and reasoning. Both seem pretty brutal and both will make you shoot better so does it come down to which theme one likes better?

#6 8 years ago

TWD. difficult enough but also rewarding at the same time. besides the code being complete-ish the game is deepish. it is the right blend of difficult and rewarding. you are drawn back knowing that you can do better on the next game. artwork hands down is twd. GoT reminds me a lot of T3 with all the ramps.it is fun but i dont think it pulls you back in like TWD. there are a ton of mods you can add if that is your thing. sound is great even with the generic voices. i could care less for the long drawn out show. the game is fun with out being a fan of the show.

#7 8 years ago

Right now, TWD is a monster. There is so much support behind it in the local community from homemade mods to custom cast callouts; the amount of community support for this game is unparalleled given its relatively young life (Oct 2014?). You have one of if not Stern's most solid game coder behind it who we all purposefully strives to make his games amazing. Mods all over the dang place, and most are tastefully done. TWD has had almost a year more to really flush itself out and become a decent contender. Not mention it has been give the "Bowen treatment" with a tutorial video, and we all know when that happens, the game's popularity takes off like a rocket (BSD anyone?).

GOT has barely been out half a year, if that. We don't know what the game coders have in store for it in the future. The distribution for it is all over the place; it has not really had time to settle in with collectors yet. Premiums have barely began to trickle out of Stern.

Honestly, I feel this is a pretty unfair comparison for GOT. It just frankly has not had a chance to plant its feet and get some hype going.

That being said, the choice goes almost unanimously to TWD for now. I want to see what GOT has to offer, but guess what, none in this local area and nearly a month behind getting it to our distributors here in Ohio -___-.

#8 8 years ago

Played both and I definitely liked twd much more than got. Not sure what it is about got but it didn't keep my attention and definitely didn't have the replay value like twd did. I did like the lights on got but not much more . Twd os a pretty awesomely hard pin with great replay value .

#9 8 years ago

TWD is such a difficult game. It's both frustrating and exhilarating. Without those walker bombs, it becomes even more challenging. The game is designed to put the ball in the drain hole even if you make a shot.

GOT is faster, smoother, and more forgiving which equates to a more overall fun experience almost everytime you play it. Missed shots are much more forgiving and the ball return to the flippers from made and missed shots is a much more pleasant and smoother experience.

Both are great, but it depends what you want in a pin. If you like a real challenge with cheap drains but has more to offer if you can get that one rare marathon game going, go with TWD. If you want a game that's just fun overall and its challenge isn't necessarily keeping the ball in play but putting together good combos and getting good scores while progressing through the board at a much faster rate, go GOT PRO.

#10 8 years ago

I have played multiple games of TWD and GOT, and I like them both. Here are some considerations to think about:

1. Do you have a preference on theme (music, callouts, objectives)? I think you will enjoy the pin more when you can get excited about the theme.
2. Are there members in your household that would be averse to the graphic images in TWD? Or who wouldn't like the 'creepy' zombie heads on the backglass?
3. GOT has a brighter and more colorful playfield, whereas TWD has a darker playfield. Do you prefer one style over the other?
4. TWD seems to have more stdm drains, whether it's coming out of the pops, or from the prison. If you feel that this makes TWD "brutal" and "challenging", you might prefer TWD. If you would feel cheated whenever it happens, you might prefer GOT.
5. Location Play - Do you have easy access to play either of these machines at a location near you? You may want to consider the pin that you can't play as much elsewhere.
6. Do you like to mod your game? TWD seems to have more mods available.

Hopefully this help you to determine the pin that is best for you.

#11 8 years ago

Both themes are great as I follow both shows. I am thinking about picking up one of these titles as a filler until GB is proven and code is mature. GB, once announced, will be in production for a while and TWD will end soon which I can always sell later to fund GB. Win win, get to enjoy more games hopefully. Which will hold its value better? I keep reading how brutal but rewarding TWD is, but GOT is no slouch in both departments as well. I've played both on location and both are deep enough to enjoy and explore in a more private home setting, just don't know which one will keep my interest longer.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I am thinking about picking up one of these titles as a filler until GB is proven and code is mature.

That is exactly what I'm doing..... and I'm picking up my GOT Pro tomorrow! I like the theme a little better and I love speed and flow. Plus the code appears to be off to a great start!

#13 8 years ago

Thanks Eskaybee and Jasino. I'm struggling with this choice as well and your comments have helped. I like the GOT theme (have read the books, etc.) but I love TWD and think it's integrated into the pinball machine beautifully. I also like the unique layout and color scheme of TWD. However, I fear the difficulty would drive me insane. It really does fit the theme well, but as a below average player I think the SDTMs would put a big damper on the fun. Not to mention, my son would probably be uber frustrated with it. I so want to believe that TWD is the pin for me, but right now I'm leaning toward GOT between the two options.

#14 8 years ago

I'm kinda leaning towards GOT too just because of the layout and difficulty of TWD may be frustrating for me. Another dilemma for me is should I sell my JD and HS2 to fund a NIB Stern. It's a love hate with the older B/W machines. Sterns just work, they are reliable and the games pull you in more than the older games. Problem is, sell 2 to get 1 and then I have an empty space. Damn damn damn.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm kinda leaning towards GOT too just because of the layout and difficulty of TWD may be frustrating for me. Another dilemma for me is should I sell my JD and HS2 to fund a NIB Stern. It's a love hate with the older B/W machines. Sterns just work, they are reliable and the games pull you in more than the older games. Problem is, sell 2 to get 1 and then I have an empty space. Damn damn damn.

You sound like me; four pin collection and always trying to figure out what can possibly leave and what is coming in. I started out with all ~2k (or less) pins and have slowly worked my way up the food chain. If you could sell one of those and still squeeze into a new pin that would be ideal.

#16 8 years ago

I've passed on TWD twice now. The first time when I got ST Pro instead and didn't regret it. I swapped out my ST Pro and was going to get TWD but passed again for GOT. Maybe I need a strategy guide like the GOT one they put out to make TWD click for me, but something just isn't clicking with me and that machine. We used to play it a lot in the arcade but the last 2 times have barely touched it. I am a huge fan of both shows too. Maybe the arcade is too loud and I'm missing the call outs or something, but I love the way they integrated the video and characters/voices from the show in GOT. Don't see that in TWD, just the animated zombies.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Thanks Eskaybee and Jasino. I'm struggling with this choice as well and your comments have helped. I like the GOT theme (have read the books, etc.) but I love TWD and think it's integrated into the pinball machine beautifully. I also like the unique layout and color scheme of TWD. However, I fear the difficulty would drive me insane. It really does fit the theme well, but as a below average player I think the SDTMs would put a big damper on the fun. Not to mention, my son would probably be uber frustrated with it. I so want to believe that TWD is the pin for me, but right now I'm leaning toward GOT between the two options.

Another thing to keep in mind is that GOT is pretty sparse for toys. So most younger folk prefer the bashing of TWD zombies despite the brutal drains. But to me, I love the sword ball lock and dragon kick back and hold. but, the well walker is a much better design than wolverine and fun to hit. And I also think the prison is better than sparky as its more challenging and fun.

#18 8 years ago

For a mediocre player, which table has longer ball times and rules? Do you think the GOT will get a lot of code support or is it pretty finished already?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

For a mediocre player, which table has longer ball times and rules? Do you think the GOT will get a lot of code support or is it pretty finished already?

I'll say GOT on that one, and I haven't even played it. TWD can be very brutal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-got-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.