Topic poll

“Which is better?”

• TWD Pro 68 votes
    70%
  • GB Pro 29 votes
    30%

(97 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Played both and like both but like to hear others thoughts on lastability and how owners have felt after owning for awhile.

#2 7 years ago

Very tough call as I love both games so much I own premiums of each. If your buying NIB buy TWD as they will be making GB for a while.

#3 7 years ago

Drainfest vs drainfest. TWD is one of Lyman's best games and considering he's one of the best in the biz, I'd give TWD the nod just for that alone.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Drainfest vs drainfest. TWD is one of Lyman's best games and considering he's one of the best in the biz, I'd give TWD the nod just for that alone.

Fun drainfest vs annoying drainfest. TWD for the win!

#5 7 years ago

Both games are great. I own GB pro and I love it. Mine was a toss up between gb and twd as well. I chose ghostbusters. Love the theme and music. I love the modes and it is only getting better each time they update the code.

#6 7 years ago

Both are good games but I vote walking dead

#7 7 years ago

Choose which theme you prefer.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Both games are great. I own GB pro and I love it. Mine was a toss up between gb and twd as well. I chose ghostbusters. Love the theme and music. I love the modes and it is only getting better each time they update the code.

This one is a TOUGH call. I'm in the same boat. Bought Ghostbusters Pro in July and have been obsessing over The Walking Dead before that. Finally got my hands on a TWD Pro in December.

Wow, I didn't realise how hard TWD was from the handful of times I played it on site. Now that I own it, I find it extremely difficult. Left drains, right drains, centre drains. I'm now anticipating a drain as soon as I start a mode. Need to start nudging (I say this every year).

I think Ghostbusters wins on theme integration, sound and artwork. Ghostbusters was bleedingly frustrating on original code if you couldn't get past the first mode. Now that the modes continue with each ball, it is much easier to go through the modes. Everyone says that Ghostbusters is a drain monster and this is true, but I think TWD has worse drains.

It all comes down to what you want in a game and your preferred theme. If you're a hardcore Ghostbusters fan, go for Ghostbusters Pro. It won't disappoint you and will keep you coming back again and again and again. I think the art is some of the best in pinball. I just love Zombi Yeti's style and colour palette. If you like the bleak world of the Walking Dead and want challenging and varied modes, go for TWD Pro. One of Lyman's best games ever. They are both games with unique and interesting layouts with challenging shots.

Like me, if you buy one, you will still want to buy the other. I just had to sacrifice another favourite, Tron Pro.

#9 7 years ago

They are both good shooters and awesome themes. I've owned both Twd premium and pro. The pro shoots better but the premium feels nicer. Regardless though, drain out the pops is why I sold both of them. I tried everything and the game is so brutal shooting for drop targets that you can't afford cheap nasty drains frequently. I bought gb pro and have longer ball times and the game shoots fantastic. No cheap drains at all for me just a tough designed game. I wouldn't mind having a twd again but see no reason to sell my gb pro. I love it

#10 7 years ago

I've been debating this myself for a while. I would already have a TWD if I cared at all for the theme. I have never watched one episode and probably never will as zombies don't interest me at all. I really thought I would have a GB by now, but with all the issues and the code is still early.

Walking Dead code is done. You get a Borg layout with Lyman code......what's not to like.

#11 7 years ago

I went with the TWD Premium "Bombs" and GB Pro

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

This one is a TOUGH call. I'm in the same boat. Bought Ghostbusters Pro in July and have been obsessing over The Walking Dead before that. Finally got my hands on a TWD Pro in December.
Wow, I didn't realise how hard TWD was from the handful of times I played it on site. Now that I own it, I find it extremely difficult. Left drains, right drains, centre drains. I'm now anticipating a drain as soon as I start a mode. Need to start nudging (I say this every year).
I think Ghostbusters wins on theme integration, sound and artwork. Ghostbusters was bleedingly frustrating on original code if you couldn't get past the first mode. Now that the modes continue with each ball, it is much easier to go through the modes. Everyone says that Ghostbusters is a drain monster and this is true, but I think TWD has worse drains.
It all comes down to what you want in a game and your preferred theme. If you're a hardcore Ghostbusters fan, go for Ghostbusters Pro. It won't disappoint you and will keep you coming back again and again and again. I think the art is some of the best in pinball. I just love Zombi Yeti's style and colour palette. If you like the bleak world of the Walking Dead and want challenging and varied modes, go for TWD Pro. One of Lyman's best games ever. They are both games with unique and interesting layouts with challenging shots.
Like me, if you buy one, you will still want to buy the other. I just had to sacrifice another favourite, Tron Pro.

Both are difficult and drain easy but the difference is twd u can save by nudging unlike gb with all the airballs and just overall cheap stuff.

#13 7 years ago

TWD with no contemplation needed. It's much more fun.

#14 7 years ago

My two favorate Stern's from the past 10 years. Cant go wrong with either both are amazing.

Twd has the edge in depth and coding, Gb has the edge in art and a more fun feel.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Fun drainfest vs annoying drainfest. TWD for the win!

Yep it's "Brutal drainfest" vs. "Cheap drainfest".

#16 7 years ago

I own both and right now i play TWD alot more probably due to early GB code. Both are drain monsters but i find that owning GB improved my gameplay on TWD.

#17 7 years ago

I've got both and I'd choose TWD if I could only have one.

#18 7 years ago

I own a modded out TWD Pro and a GB Prem. If we're only talking Pro, I'd go with TWD. The code is fantastic (especially if you run it with sound replacement) and the game itself is a blast. It has evolved into one of Stern's absolute best.

#19 7 years ago

Twd....one of my favorite pins....

#20 7 years ago

TWD wins easy if you are talking Pro vs Pro. If you would have said TWD (whatever model) vs GB Premium, then that would be a tough choice.

#21 7 years ago

considering actual codes, TWD with no doubt
came back later when/if GB gets an "real" update, and than we have a match

#22 7 years ago

Twd all day!!

#23 7 years ago

Not a tough call at all and the voting shows it. Currently 70% TWD.

#24 7 years ago
#25 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I own both and right now i play TWD alot more probably due to early GB code. Both are drain monsters but i find that owning GB improved my gameplay on TWD.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

considering actual codes, TWD with no doubt
came back later when/if GB gets an "real" update, and than we have a match

GB code is not early and will not be majorly different a year from now. A couple tiny big fixes is all you can expect. Game was touted as released finished. GB can be fully judged right now in its current state. This is basically how it shall be.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Choose which theme you prefer.

I love the GB theme and don't care about TWD at all...but I'd rather play TWD. I've experienced a few cheap drains, but nothing like the never-ending torture of GB. I can at least save a STDM magnet throw on TWD with a nudge and the very tip of a flip. Played both last nite at Button Mash. GB was cheap-drain-drain-drain game over in 30 seconds. TWD I could get some action happening and a Replay! My gf won't even play GB anymore and she'll usually play any game. Lol

#27 7 years ago

TWD easily for me.

Owned a GB pro and sold it quicker than any other game I've owned; personally it just wasn't very fun to play.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

GB code is not early and will not be majorly different a year from now. A couple tiny big fixes is all you can expect. Game was touted as released finished. GB can be fully judged right now in its current state. This is basically how it shall be.

of course, i'm not waiting for a complete new-rewrited-code
but the tiny bugs (as you call them) will makes a great difference if they are corrected/adapted to what few guys here are asking from time
again, its my "player" point of view of this game, as may be 80 or 90% of the others guys are thinking its OK, finished, and playing well... its not

#29 7 years ago

I have both, ghostbusters is a little more forgiving but no matter what you choose you will be happy!

#30 7 years ago

Both of these are next to each other at a local location. TWD is a far better shooter the GB. Previous posters saying the opposite must have Outland extenders etc.. on their GB (which is fine) , I just can't imagine any other scenario where GB plays safer then TWD. Personally I don't find TWD too tough, played multiple tables and few cheap drains, occasionally out of the pops but you can usually anticipate and nudge. With GB it just has far too many cheap drains, seriously couldn't even begin to list them all. GB is not keep you on your toes difficult like TWD with the adrenalin that comes with keeping the ball alive. It's just cheap drains that have nothing to do with your shots or skill level. You end up having to play the game super stop and go to have any hope of progressing through the ladders.

Have you considered Metallic? Not a big fan of the music but of all the table still in production it's probably Sterns best all rounder.

#31 7 years ago

TWD and it is not even close twd is light years ahead of ghostbusters

#32 7 years ago

These results (poll and discussion) tells you what to think of the top 100 list , where the GB pro sits over 50 spots higher than TWD pro.

#33 7 years ago

Own both in the premium version. I would say they are dead equal with gameplay and code going to TWD and features, artwork, and theme going to GB.

Buy a TWD as its complete and GB will be run for some time yet.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That's been my main concern (well, playfield issues too) with Ghostbusters. The code with Ghostbusters has a bit of a generic vibe to it at times and lacks personality in my opinion. The toys on the premium could be coded more to increase their use / potential but I don't see Stern doing that.

I think that Stern is now trying to release games more "code complete" upon release but as a result the games are lacking the personality and depth found in many of their past games. Code support and code that actually adds depth and uniqueness (rather then just bug fixes) to games on a regular basis (not 6+ months) is more important then ever when dropping $5k-$10k on a NIB purchase.

1 week later
#35 7 years ago

Twd best stern pin ever made

#36 7 years ago

Twd is epic. Something with GB just rubs me the wrong way.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

TWD and it is not even close twd is light years ahead of ghostbusters

In code yes............ but for layout and originality that differ from most other pins on the market, GB. I own both in the Prem version and they are both keepers. Look at my history as games that make it usually stay awhile.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

These results (poll and discussion) tells you what to think of the top 100 list , where the GB pro sits over 50 spots higher than TWD pro.

The pinside rating system gives a lot of weight to art theme and sounds. GB is certainly strong in all these categories. However if you looking for a long term keeper for home use you need to take other aspects of the game into account. The pinside rating system I find is actually quite good at giving you a broad look at games that are popular across most players. However any game in the top 150 is usually worth a look, and you will end up making your own rating from there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 49.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-vs-gb-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.