You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I'll buy my first NIB and i hesitate betwen TWD pro and GOT pro
I already own SM , ST pro and MET pro
What is the best choice for you ?

#2 7 years ago

Add a poll.

My vote would go to TWD as this one feels very different as anything else. Gameplay is a winner.
Harder than GOT but very satisfying.
However I also like GoT pro, one of the faster game ever and a strategic gameplay

#3 7 years ago

I've had my eye on both of these games for a while. Both are great games but TWD wins this for me. Another factor is theme. If you like the theme of one a lot more than the other, get that one. Neither game will disappoint you with its gameplay; it's like picking which supermodel you want to date or which supercar you want to buy.

#4 7 years ago

#game_of_thrones has more strategic decisions to make. Playing as different houses gives you different challenges so as a long term keeper in a small collection that's an advantage. It's a Steve Ritchie game with his signature style of flow where a well played ball moves smoothly from place to place under control. Progressing in the game means completing houses. You have many choices on which houses to complete, so many options to shoot for.

#the_walking_dead has some very difficult objectives that are nearly impossible to complete in one game - Siege, Terminus, Horde, and Last Man Standing. Generally I think your games will be shorter on #the_walking_dead It's a John Borg game and one of the primary objectives in the game is the drop target bank on the left. Hitting them puts your ball out of control and you have to hit them a lot to make progress.

Do you like other games from the designers? Do you prefer one theme over the other?

I think both games will be ranked highly for many years to come.

#5 7 years ago

I personally don't like twd. During multiballs and other hits the lights go off. I like a fancy light show and like others have said it's pretty much the opposite of most games.

#6 7 years ago

I have a GoT Pro and TWD Premium. GoT is here to stay and I'm waffling on keeping TWD, mainly because of the difficulty level doesn't go well with my temper.

They are both great games, but in different ways. I like the rulesets in both and the wizard modes are challenging, although TWD seems much harder overall and has more tight shots and ball randomness.

If you want a highly challenging game that will improve your overall pinball skills, go with TWD. It can be frustrating but it will certainly make you a better player.

If you want an easier game with lots of flow, go with GOT Pro. Not nearly as frustrating, I really enjoy relaxing and playing this one.

#8 7 years ago

I have owned TWD pro sold it to upgrade to a Prem. Pro felt like a few key parts were missing and I could justify the cost jump based upon the "goodies" you get with the Prem.

GoT LE I own and its a very complex game and hard in its own right.

If I had a one game collection I would Go GOT pro because of the strategy but it is less "fun" IMO.
If you have a game of say 4 to 5 and you like the theme TWD pro would be a good solid choice. I say this mainly for the fun of killing zombies and a great tie in to the tv series.

GOT would have sold tons more and would have held better resale value if they would have used more of the art work in the series IMO.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Twd best code in Pinball.

+1

Twd code is a master piece !

#10 7 years ago

Twd for code but got for layout and gameplay
Derek

#11 7 years ago

Got. Twd is a good game but got sucks you in when you get things going. Always makes you want to play 1 more.

#12 7 years ago

Have both premiums. Love both but TWD for th win. Immersive. Light show on GOT is outstanding. More adrenaline on twd

#13 7 years ago

Here's my typical attempt at objective feedback. It depends.

If you want an even better MET pin, get TWD. It's known as the spiritual successor to MET, but everything tweaked up, as in more difficult, more-hard core theme, and deeper. And I love hard pins as I tend to not have the time for the long-game pins and their interest wears much faster. But more than anything, in a collection I love variety (look at my collection for example). GOT is definitely a step toward a longer and easier playing pin with good coding, over TWD and its great coding. And GOT has its owns strengths in play. I hope to get one through my collection one day.

So, it depends on what pin you want to add next. TWD for a stronger MET style and typically shorter play, or GOT for more flow and a longer playing pin.

#14 7 years ago

This is your rating for TWD. So?

CED
Bouda
Pinside member
FR Magescq
3y 20k 7 4 18

The Walking Dead (Pro)
Stern, 2014
i like pinballs , i like walkind dead, but i don't like this pinball
they could do a great pinball with this theme but no
the new code don't save it.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

This is your rating for TWD. So?
CED
Bouda
Pinside member
FR Magescq
3y 20k 7 4 18
The Walking Dead (Pro)
Stern, 2014
i like pinballs , i like walkind dead, but i don't like this pinball
they could do a great pinball with this theme but no
the new code don't save it.

You're write

I need reassesse my rating, i played in location in bad condition ( no sound, etc...), i think i must play it in good condition at home for get an realistic idea .
But if i didn't like TWD two years ago, it's not sure i'll apreciate it today.

In return , i like Steeve Richie games so i think i will choose GOT pro

#16 7 years ago

TWD pro, all day, fantastic machine!!

#18 7 years ago

Do you play more of the ST or the MET in your collection? GOT feels like the next generation of ST and TWD feels closer to MET. I've played a lot of GOT and TWD on location. For me, GOT was the winner. Just received my GOT last week!

#19 7 years ago

I prefere ST as MET

#20 7 years ago

I really want to want GoT, as it's my wife's favorite show and selling her on getting one would be easy, but I can't get over the playfield.

That alone has me leaning toward TWD.

But who knows, I'm going to try and play them all soon (including GB) before making my final decision.

Maybe the way GoT plays (which I only played once at Expo) will change my mind...or just confuse the issue more for me.

Good luck with your decision.

1 week later
#21 7 years ago

I finally chose GOT pro
I placed order to my distributor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-or-got-pro?hl=zzz_spy_hunter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.