1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vbittnv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TWD Pro or Aerosmith Pro? ”

• TWD PRO 38 votes
      70%
    • AEROSMITH PRO 16 votes
      30%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EBD86F16-3FC8-428E-A777-1FC018E2CCF9 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I recently picked up an Aerosmith Pro. I like the game okay, not crazy in love but it's good, and last night I got to both wizard modes which was cool. I have a friend that wants to buy it and a TWD from another friend can be had.
    I'm not thrilled about some elements of the code on Aero but what can you do, and supposedly there is polished code in the works, though right now as it sits it is a complete game. The artwork is really well done, and it's a fun flip with the Jackie in a box and slick LCD animations. It's just a straightforward pin.

TWD I owned in the game's infancy when it came out. I liked it, but it drove me nuts. The high slingshot/low inlane combos made for constant drains and both bash toys, one with a magnet, added another element of randomness. I did like the multikills and the shots felt really good but this was a brutal game. Art was alright, good color work, it's zombies...I use to watch the show. While I have put maybe 10 minutes on the new code, how good is it? A lot of people rave about this game, which wasn't the case when I owned it.

Thoughts on both?

#2 1 year ago

TWD along with LOTR and SM are probably my favorite Stern pins. The code on TWD has come a long way and is one of Lyman's greatest achievements. That being said, if you don't like brutal games maybe it isn't for you but it sounds like you are ready for a greater challenge. I personally feel like brutal games work really well at home because you always want to hit that start button. That's my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

TWD along with LOTR and SM are probably my favorite Stern pins. The code on TWD has come a long way and is one of Lyman's greatest achievements. That being said, if you don't like brutal games maybe it isn't for you but it sounds like you are ready for a greater challenge. I personally feel like brutal games work really well at home because you always want to hit that start button. That's my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

It's not the challenge that scares me off, I've been to Valinor and End of the Line in MET. I just remember this game in particular, being a total head banger in frustration. Out of all the Sterns I've played (all of them) it's by far the hardest game to keep the ball active.

I probably agree with that though, LOTR and SM are tops or up there.

#5 1 year ago

Areosmith is a fine game. I still like the toybox launch of the lock. But overall it's just good, not great. It doesn't have the right stuff to be great, and I never believe when I hear code is in the works until it is released.

TWD is just a brutal game. But it is also exquisite. I was so underwhelmed with the first releases of the code. But Lyman turned that game into a big winner. It is still brutal, but when you catch a rainbow on it, it is amazing. Get used to the tilt warning sound, because you will hear it a lot. Also be ready for some frustrating short games. But then you have that game where you make great progress, maybe horde, maybe even better. They fixed some dead ends in the code, and good luck with LMS. It's a really fun game. I'd definitely call it great.

#6 1 year ago

I thought TWD was my “grail” and it would stay with me forever. I love the show and zombies in general. I owned it for a week... just did not click at all with me.

I bought Aerosmith to check it off the owned list and expected to sell it after a month or two. Not much into the band. I’ve owned for exactly 1 year (as of today actually). Still not sick of it and Stern says new code is coming by the end of the month. No plans on selling.
    EBD86F16-3FC8-428E-A777-1FC018E2CCF9 (resized).jpeg

#7 1 year ago

neither! get rid of both of them.

#8 1 year ago

Aerosmith? Good lord no.

#9 1 year ago

TWD all day long!

#10 1 year ago

I have twd premium. Yes it can be brutal. But it can also be an amazing game when you get everything working for you. There are plenty of short games but plenty of good ones as well. I have the latest code updated by Cleland and randomKG. Soooooo good with this update!

Aerosmith is also good but I'd go twd for sure.

#12 1 year ago

I recall an old thread about TSPP vs FGY

One guy said "TSPP is the better game but FGY is more fun" which to me rings true in that debate & this one.

I own both TWD & AS. IMO you should too. They compliment each other very well. TWD has unique software but looks like shit compared to AS. However AS software is very Data East like.

1st world problems. The only winning move is both. Especially with a pending update.

#13 1 year ago

OMGTWDFTW

I mean, just not Aerosmith.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I though TWD was my “grail” and it would stay with me forever. I love the show and zombies in general. I owned it for a week... just did not click at all with me.
    I bought Aerosmith to check it off the owned list and expected to sell it after a month or two. Not much into the band. I’ve owned for exactly 1 year (as of today actually). Still not sick of it and Stern says new code is coming by the end of the month. No plans on selling.[quoted image]

I also felt TWD was going to be a long term game at home for me... and it was the fastest ever out my door. Im a decent player ( I love me some Iron Man and BSD) so tough games I really dig but TWD was just brutal. I felt just had terrible geometry... the drop targets suck trying to hit and are very important to advance in the game at all. Knocking them down was more about hoping the slings would throw them up there as opposed to actually lining up a shot to hit them. Again, I love tough games and borg games but TWD just felt broken.. the code is really good, but if you feel like kicking the machine in the coin door every game because the game has terrible geometry and is cheap drains, what's the sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 75.00
    $ 89.00
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.50
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 12.95
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside