Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Delta9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1419392759458.jpg
1419392652075.jpg
1419392606255.jpg
image-421.jpg
image-74.jpg
image.jpg
image-737.jpg
image-139.jpg
image-315.jpg
image-154.jpg
image-647.jpg
image-622.jpg
image-776.jpg
image-669.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Twd pro has a thin peice of wood that could be cut to shine glow the fish tank its easy its free and looks bad ass i have included a pic with no wood cut this pic gives it no justice will post a pic tomorrow with little peice of wood cut out completly stay tuned

image.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Do it ,, Light the Entire Tank plaque up !! post pict's when done ...

#3 4 years ago

Here it is !! Real stoked with the way it came out i prob wont get the fish tank know this looks better in my opnion the tank is sunk in haha pics dont really do it justice image-622.jpgimage-647.jpgimage-154.jpgimage-315.jpgimage-139.jpgimage-737.jpgimage-622.jpgimage-669.jpg

image.jpg image-776.jpg
#4 4 years ago

image-421.jpgimage-74.jpg

image.jpg
#5 4 years ago

looks good, but not really sure by your description how it was done? Is that added lighting?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

looks good, but not really sure by your description how it was done? Is that added lighting?

Yes added lighting

#7 4 years ago

Brother ,, Jjust being Honest ,, Put a few White Leds Back into the GI's ... U have a Rainbow Effect

#8 4 years ago

brother GI's ? Are you talking about the back ? If so ive got three red and one purple back there thats why its got the rainbow look . I think . Im clue less haha show me where br i love knoldge teach me

#9 4 years ago

ha ha, looks like the wizard of oz on acid

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

brother GI's ? Are you talking about the back ?

Hey it's Yr Pin Cool ,, but GI means General Illumination ,, the Leds U took out , Like under the Slings , along the sides , etc .. I'm an Led Nut also , but TWD needs some White Leds if yr Gonna Post pict's- or video, + the p/f has some Great art work , it's Invisible Now !! I made my Pro's GI's look like the LE w/ the exception of Replacing the Double Leds for Frosteds in Alot of area's , especially strait eYe contact spot's , those Leds can give ya cataracts ..
But , we All have our own technique , If u like it , that's All that matter'z !!

#11 4 years ago

What wood are you talking about. - good post =details

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

What wood are you talking about. - good post =details

Delta is talking about the b/board .. I think he has drill'd holes & installed Leds to shine thru the Stock F.tank plaque , It lOoks CoOl ..

#13 4 years ago

Stern left part of the wood board cutout behind the fish tank art. If you added a bulb it would only light one head. If you cut out a bit more of the wood you and light up all 3 heads in the plastic artwork. GI circuit on the back of the board to tap into for the added sockets.

-Jim

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Hey it's Yr Pin Cool ,, but GI means General Illumination ,, the Leds U took out , Like under the Slings , along the sides , etc .. I'm an Led Nut also , but TWD needs some White Leds if yr Gonna Post pict's- or video, + the p/f has some Great art work , it's Invisible Now !! I made my Pro's GI's look like the LE w/ the exception of Replacing the Double Leds for Frosteds in Alot of area's , especially strait eYe contact spot's , those Leds can give ya cataracts ..
But , we All have our own technique , If u like it , that's All that matter'z !!

Gotcha thanks for the info ill put a couple frosted from cointaker thanks for the heads up much appreciated still learning

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Stern left part of the wood board cutout behind the fish tank art. If you added a bulb it would only light one head. If you cut out a bit more of the wood you and light up all 3 heads in the plastic artwork. GI circuit on the back of the board to tap into for the added sockets.
-Jim

This is excatly what i did with the exception i taped in to the blinking light socket under the playfeild for that pulsing look

1 week later
#16 4 years ago

Bump cuz this mod is cheap easy and know pinball refinery is selling my idea for 79$ ouch dont pay that cost is like 5 dollars

#17 4 years ago

Can you take a picture of the back side where the mod is done?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Bump cuz this mod is cheap easy and know pinball refinery is selling my idea for 79$ ouch dont pay that cost is like 5 dollars

The version we sell is lit with El paper and does not require cutting anything in the game. It also does not bleed over the edges of the tank since it's not a standard bulb. It is much different than what you've done. It uses a relay circuit to drive it via GI but 12v power for illumination. It's also been out for a couple months now...

#19 4 years ago

The 3 lit heads looks way better. Nice job.

Are there any inserts that correspond to the ball locks on the PRO? It would be cool to light each head based on the balls lock. Is that how the LE works?

#20 4 years ago

The EL mods give me a headache I know most people can’t hear the high pitch sound but I am one of the lucky ones that can’t take it. So I would still like to see back side photos.
Thanks.
Mark

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

The EL mods give me a headache I know most people can’t hear the high pitch sound but I am one of the lucky ones that can’t take it. So I would still like to see back side photos.
Thanks.
Mark

No worries. Just explaining the difference. We don't charge $80 for $5 worth of parts...

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Can you take a picture of the back side where the mod is done?

Im not at home today but tomorrow i will post a pic of the wood i cut out

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The 3 lit heads looks way better. Nice job.
Are there any inserts that correspond to the ball locks on the PRO? It would be cool to light each head based on the balls lock. Is that how the LE works?

Thank you great minds think alike. I believe you could hook up this mod to light each head up at a time could tie it in with the topper .

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

The version we sell is lit with El paper and does not require cutting anything in the game. It also does not bleed over the edges of the tank since it's not a standard bulb. It is much different than what you've done. It uses a relay circuit to drive it via GI but 12v power for illumination. It's also been out for a couple months now...

Quoted from Zdoor:

I think 79 dollars to light up the fish tank is robbery . For 5 $ you can do this its not rocket science the bleed over shines the back ramp up i like it or i would have put a peice of black plastic to conceal the light to just the fish tank itself

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I think 79 dollars to light up the fish tank is robbery . For 5 $ you can do this its not rocket science the bleed over shines the back ramp up i like it or i would have put a peice of black plastic to conceal the light to just the fish tank itself

You can do it however you like. Modding does not come with rules. Most people do not want to cut a part of the backboard. We do it quite different and it is not a simple socket tied to existing GI's. What we do is not a $5 mod and your inference that we somehow stole an idea from you is flat wrong. This mod has been out since October.

Not picking a fight and don't mean to start anything with you. But, a statement like we stole your idea and are robbing people is offensive and incorrect. So, I had to respond.

#27 4 years ago

Your right zdoor no hard feelings merrychristmas

#28 4 years ago

I'll snap a Pict- of the area's interested N ,, !st I Gotta go get my girl's , they've been gone since Sat -

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Your right zdoor no hard feelings merrychristmas

No worries. Merry Christmas to you and your family also!

#30 4 years ago

I have El panel on mine looks great playing with the color.
EL slides right down behind no wood removing needed.

#31 4 years ago

The Pro Tank and behind

1419392606255.jpg
1419392652075.jpg

1419392759458.jpg
#32 4 years ago

I think both approaches are cool, gives folks multiple avenues to improve the lighting. Another option is to light the heads in parallel with the topper using the flasher circuit.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

No worries. Just explaining the difference. We don't charge $80 for $5 worth of parts...

I have your mod and it is high quality and worth the money. It does make a high pitch sound, but I can live with that. There is no way I am cutting my back board.

#34 4 years ago

This mod is not for everybody but theirs no way in hell that im paying 80 for a lighted fishtank that has a high pitch anoying sound but on the bright side 5 dollars and a little peice of the back board cut out that takes 5 min was cool with me all my freinds and family love it

1 week later
#35 4 years ago

Will a simple LED strip placed behind the fish tank (with a bracket to lift it ~ 1/4 inch from the surface) work?

#36 4 years ago

Im sure it wood try it report back on your findings

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 26.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside