image_(resized).jpeg
twd_well_walker_1_(resized).jpg
twd_well_walker_(resized).jpg
twd_tower1_(resized).jpg
twd_tower_(resized).jpg
twd_tower2_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_5865.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n0s4atu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

Can you still cancel? Their shipping is steep, you could order direct from Mezel Mods and save about $15 on the shipping I think.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Again... why would you guys not just get the McFarlane officially licensed one and save some cash??
Demand better.

I actually have this arriving tomorrow, and already have all the figures that I'm trying to figure out where to put in the game (Daryl can be seen "Where's Waldo" style in a pic I posted of the side art).

I get what you're saying, and in this thread I think your post is fine, but it's kind of rude in the one started by Mrs. Mezel in a give away thread.

That being said, why would someone not buy the McFarlane one?
Well scale/fitment could be an issue. I'll know for sure by the end of the week when I have time to play with it.
It's not plug and play and the average person may just want to buy something, install it with one bolt and be done. This one at a minimum will require gluing all the pieces together, to make sure they hold together. Then you'll have to take a dremel and chop the entire thing in half, test fit it and make and install your own LED flasher.
For a savings of about $20. Is it worth it? And that's if it even fits.

That being said you do get Glen in Riot Gear.

TWDfigures.jpgTWDfigures.jpg
#49 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Since the other tower is in pieces, I dont see why not. Can anyone with the mcfarland tower confirm that?

I have the McFarlane Tower and haven't put it together yet. What I didn't realize when I bought it to use in the game last week (before I knew Tim and Mrs.) were making one was that it's essentially a set of Lego like blocks. My thought was to cut it with a dremel, which can still be done, but it's going to be a pain. I'll assemble it this weekend. The scale may simply be too big though.

One thing that may complement the Mezel tower nicely is a set of decals from Pingraffix. If they got together, they'd complement each other's talents nicely.

#60 9 years ago

Well, as I mentioned earlier I ordered the McFarlane Prison Tower a while ago and just got around to building it. I figured If the scale was a bit off I could cut it down and make it fit.

1) No chance it's just way bigger than it looked in the pictures.

2) These aren't Lego's so I'm not sure how Lego hasn't sued them because the blocks are exactly the same as Legos and the box even says "will work with other brands".

Anyone who doesn't want to spend $400 on a topper, you could definitely make a cool diorama for the top, add some LED flashers, etc and save a boatload of cash.

Oh and I was just taking a picture to show scale, I haven't installed the guard rail, etc. It really is a nice set for $65 or whatever it was. I just have to figure out how and where to mount the figures in the game. I prefer this scale to the larger ones. They have to be mounted in an area with no chance of airball strike though. Each figure is a minimum of 5 pieces and I can't even imagine trying to find a tiny arm or head after one explodes during a game. lol

Someone mentioned using tower in place of the Prison/Barn. I feel like it could maybe be done, but the prison is translucent and glows when activated. You could make the Tower flash, etc but retro fitting it so the doors are there etc just wouldn't be worth the effort. The best use of this thing would be as a Topper, especially if you tie in some flashers, etc to the game play.

Tower.jpgTower.jpg
#62 9 years ago

Jake, here's the shot I took showing that it really wouldn't be a simple swap. The flashers inside the prison are mounted too wide to fit inside the tower and to fit, you'd have to only have 3" (about 3 blocks worth) for the tower base, which would make it look stubby. If someone really detested the prison, well painting the brick grey, and cutting off the points to allow the top of the tower to mount on top could be done, but that would be a lot of work, and well, insane.

PrisonInside.jpgPrisonInside.jpg TowerPrison.jpgTowerPrison.jpg
#64 9 years ago

Actually I had the glass off already trying to figure out where to put the figures, so all I really had to do was remove 4 screws to look into the prison. You're welcome though.

#67 9 years ago

Looking closely, the door mechanism may actually be separate from the prison structure. If you did exactly as you described, it would be very close and I'm not sure how it would look. The tower might then look like a guard shack.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

BTW fellas, I noticed some new sound quotes in your pin that I haven't noticed in mine.

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing. I've never heard the "They're F-ing with the wrong people."

#85 9 years ago

Well it's off topic here, but I can't be the only one wondering what mods you did to the software.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n0s4atu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-tower?tu=n0s4atu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.