image_(resized).jpeg
twd_well_walker_1_(resized).jpg
twd_well_walker_(resized).jpg
twd_tower1_(resized).jpg
twd_tower_(resized).jpg
twd_tower2_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_5865.JPG
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Stern controls our distribution and we are working on fixing that.

I sent mezel a mail regarding tower two weeks ago and got a reply that would be available in a couple of weeks? ☺

#152 8 years ago

Sounds like maybe there will be some more in the future then, yay! I was afraid I'd missed my opportunity to get a guard tower, they look great .

1 week later
#153 8 years ago

As promised! Walking Dead Prison Towers are in production! Expect them online again soon Stern Pinball, CoinTaker.com and Marco Specialties. Oh and Mezel Mods too!!

Available next week, 1st week in April.

http://mezelmods.com/products/the-walking-dead-prison-tower

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#154 8 years ago

Oh ya, been waiting for this!!! I'll take that one in the center.

#155 8 years ago

Perfect. Just in time!

#156 8 years ago

It would be nice if you guys had an upgraded painted version, so there would be no need to have send to send it out to get painted. Is that a possible future option?

#157 8 years ago

Send Kristin a note at [email protected] and she can help you with the options we have to outsourced that.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Send Kristin a note at [email protected] and she can help you with the options we have to outsourced that.

Is there a picture of what the painted prison towers look like? (Specifically the ones the outsourcer does)

#159 8 years ago

I would be happy to custom paint any TWD towers. I have painted a few before and they come out real nice. I do a weathered look and like to do the railings in copper as they show up well in the lightshow. I do the roof in browns and the walls in grey tones. I may have a pic of one that I have done in the past. I will check to see what I have in my photos.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I would be happy to custom paint any TWD towers. I have painted a few before and they come out real nice. I do a weathered look and like to do the railings in copper as they show up well in the lightshow. I do the roof in browns and the walls in grey tones. I may have a pic of one that I have done in the past. I will check to see what I have in my photos.

Pics would be great! I will definately be getting mine painted as soon as i order one (as soon as they are in stock again) so it would be very helpful to see examples of the artists painting them so we know who to send them to!

#161 8 years ago

Modfather: I second wanting to see a couple pics.
I am going to shoot you an PM as I will likely be in the market for a tower and a Sparky paint job.

#162 8 years ago

Here are some pics I found of the TWD tower I painted for a customer a little while ago. Considering there is a reveal line in the middle of the tower, I split up the brick pattern based on those dimensions. The railing is done in copper, and the roof in a distressed finish. I clear coated everything in clear gloss as I usually do for a clean new look. If you prefer the matte clear coat , that is not a problem. It looks nice either way with the added details. I hope you guys like them. Any custom color combination is welcome, I just try and make everyone happy in pinball land.
twd_tower_(resized).jpgtwd_tower_(resized).jpgtwd_tower1_(resized).jpgtwd_tower1_(resized).jpgtwd_tower2_(resized).jpgtwd_tower2_(resized).jpg

#163 8 years ago

I painted this Well Walker at the same time. I mine as well show this too. Extra bloody for all of you gore fanatics.
twd_well_walker_1_(resized).jpgtwd_well_walker_1_(resized).jpgtwd_well_walker_(resized).jpgtwd_well_walker_(resized).jpg

#164 8 years ago

Well Walker was cool. The prison tower reminded me somewhat more of a buddhist temple tower, I must confess

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

As promised! Walking Dead Prison Towers are in production! Expect them online again soon Stern Pinball, CoinTaker.com and Marco Specialties. Oh and Mezel Mods too!!
Available next week, 1st week in April.
http://mezelmods.com/products/the-walking-dead-prison-tower
image_(resized).jpeg

sooo....weeks soon ending?

#166 8 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Paint looks great.
I would probably go for a more distressed look. Thank you for mentioning other options are possible. Once I know I will get my tower I will be shooting you a PM.

#167 8 years ago

This is what I modeled our mod from

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#169 8 years ago

Yeah , I can paint it like that. I think to remove the gold and go with silver instead. Maybe add a little brown to the railings to look like rust and distress it a little more, then finish it of with a matte clearcoat. The brick pattern is a choice. I am happy to receive any painting suggestions, I'm cool like that.

#170 8 years ago

They're available on the mezelmods site right now!

#171 8 years ago

We sold out in one day, they should be up in the Stern shop soon.

#173 8 years ago

Got my tower mod and finally got some time to install it.

On the installation pic for the 3 prong idc connectors to flasher it shows the Orange wire from the game connecting to the Red Wire from the Tower. the Black/Orange wire from the game then connects to the Black wire from the tower.

However the only way it can be connected to my machine is with the idc connectors from the tower connecting the machine's Orange wire to the Black tower wire and machine's Black/Orange wire to the Red wire of the tower...opposite of what is in the instruction pic.

Anyone have or seen this issue or which is the correct way to wire it?

#174 8 years ago

** Update** Thanks, problem solved, Tmezel pmed me and its all fixed. The wires were switched on my tower, easy, fix and nothing blew even when I tried it with wrong wires.

#175 8 years ago

I troubleshoot this through the PM you sent me.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

** Update** Thanks, problem solved, Tmezel pmed me and its all fixed. The wires were switched on my tower, easy, fix and nothing blew even when I tried it with wrong wires.

Seems they are switched on mine as well. I'll send you and Mezel a PM for that information if possible. Perhaps it should be posted somewhere if this is common.

#177 8 years ago

PM sent, if anyone else has an issue you can reattach the idc to match the wire colors. We can also send a new one if needed.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

PM sent, if anyone else has an issue you can reattach the idc to match the wire colors. We can also send a new one if needed.

Also just got my tower, still waiting on my table though. Out of curiosity how do I know if the wires are correct?

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Also just got my tower, still waiting on my table though. Out of curiosity how do I know if the wires are correct?

Send a pic to [email protected] and we can check.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Send a pic to [email protected] and we can check.

Here's my tower. I can e-mail it in too if you want but figured I'd post it so others can easily check too.

temp_(resized).jpgtemp_(resized).jpg

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Here's my tower. I can e-mail it in too if you want but figured I'd post it so others can easily check too.

Yes curious as I just received mine as well, what am I looking for to be correct or incorrect?

#182 7 years ago

Dang, how did I miss this. Now they're sold out everywhere again. I must be slipping in my old age. Ugh......

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from thadawkins:

Dang, how did I miss this. Now they're sold out everywhere again. I must be slipping in my old age. Ugh......

Yes you and me both, I knew they were coming and was checking Mezelmods site every day and still missed out.
My understanding is the Stern shop should have them soon, keep checking there.

#184 7 years ago

Dirty Harry features a prison tower too. Been thinking of adding one...

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Yes you and me both, I knew they were coming and was checking Mezelmods site every day and still missed out.
My understanding is the Stern shop should have them soon, keep checking there.

These are available via Coin Taker. Also, we've added a 'email when available' function on our site so you can receive automatic updates when products are back in stock.

#186 7 years ago

To properly troubleshoot, I'll need a photo that shows both of the red connectors. Thank you!

Quoted from goldant:

temp_(resized).jpg

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yes curious as I just received mine as well, what am I looking for to be correct or incorrect?

Here is a link to the install instructions which have been updated with the example of the correct connections.
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203888435

1 week later
#188 7 years ago

I have already sent email to Mezel and he is on it, but thought Id chime in here also in case someone also had the issue:

I installed the prison tower last night and after following the instructions, I tried the flashers in test mode. Only the red top tower LED flashes when the bumper flash is activated, but the front tower LED is not flashing when prison is. An example can be seen here:

Also attached some pictures of the connections. Could the issue be that i clipped the red wire on the "wrong" orange wire from bumper flasher? It has two wires attached to the same lug, but its not specified in the instructions that you have to clip onto a specific one.

20160428_235631_(resized).jpg20160428_235631_(resized).jpg

20160428_235728_(resized).jpg20160428_235728_(resized).jpg

#189 7 years ago

To help make the installation a bit clearer, we created an install tips video. This should help overcome issues associated with the polarity on the white flasher.

#190 7 years ago

I installed my prison flasher last night. I was running into a problem with the red flasher not turning on. I explored and realised the red crimp connectors did not pierce the insulation on the wire and not make the proper connection. After that , i pressed down harder and made the proper connection. Its all good in Modfather land now, thanks Mezel, cool mod !!

#191 7 years ago

I got the tower fully working after getting a new photo from Mezel showing how it should look, the initial photo on their site was a little misleading (at least for me ). The video above shows exactly how it is done!
Looks and works great now!

#192 7 years ago

These are sold out already!

2 months later
#193 7 years ago

Cointaker had two of these in stock, I bought one for myself but there's one left in stock if anyone's looking for one.

#194 7 years ago

Just posted this on the TWD club thread and figured might as well here too.

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.

My thanks again to 27dnast for helping me find one thru Coin Taker!DSC02558_(resized).JPGDSC02558_(resized).JPGDSC02565_(resized).JPGDSC02565_(resized).JPG

2 months later
#195 7 years ago

I've had lots of requests for Prison Towers. Stern tells me they have some in stock so they are the best to get in touch with if you are still looking for a tower.

#197 7 years ago

Guess I will never get a Prison Tower. Production is dead and Stern is out of them.
I've been looking for one since I picked up one early this year.
But I am paying a x2 premium for one either.
Another reason I hate this stupid game.

#198 7 years ago

Crazy it's not even worth $100 but I'd pay that, no way in hell $200.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-tower/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.