Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC02565_(resized).JPG
DSC02558_(resized).JPG
20160428_235728_(resized).jpg
20160428_235631_(resized).jpg
temp_(resized).jpg
image2_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_0207_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
twd_well_walker_1_(resized).jpg
twd_well_walker_(resized).jpg
twd_tower1_(resized).jpg
twd_tower_(resized).jpg
twd_tower2_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_5865.JPG

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago

How did you get those call outs on your game …up dated with new code…but sounds nothing like yours….no f words or close those dam doors

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I knew the McFarlane tower was too big, but I forgot how big.

Your site says the prison tower is not available are you still selling them.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

How did you get those call outs on your game …up dated with new code…but sounds nothing like yours….no f words or close those dam doors

This is what Pinball Browser does along with "hours and hours and hours" of work.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

This is what Pinball Browser does along with "hours and hours and hours" of work.

Well, it sounds awesome! I'm going to have to learn how to work that program and get some of that stuff in there. I'd love to have sound clips from the show in the game.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I don't know how long it took you. But it was worth it.

LTG : )™

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

curiosity question, when there is an update do you lose the hours and hours and hours of work....

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

curiosity question, when there is an update do you lose the hours and hours and hours of work....

The Prison Tower mod is really cool. Makes the Prison Multiball start-ready really stand out with the white flasher giving you the strobe effect.

Now back off topic. If they change the callout positions to the point where all the numbers are different instead of one incremental change , then "some" hours can be lost.

But as in the Six million Dollar Man (old), "we can rebuild him" (it).

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The Prison Tower mod is really cool. Makes the Prison Multiball start-ready really stand out with the white flasher giving you the strobe effect.
Now back off topic. If they change the callout positions to the point where all the numbers are different instead of one incremental change , then "some" hours can be lost.
But as in the Six million Dollar Man (old), "we can rebuild him" (it).

thanks, was just curious

#111 4 years ago

So can anyone tell me where the wires are supposed to clip to? No instructions in box and nothing on website in regards to the wiring.

#113 4 years ago

Ok has anyone noticed the instructions say to connect the 3 pin IDC connector to the white prison flasher? My 3 pin IDC connector goes to the red x 2 flashers. The white flasher is a 2 pin on mine.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Ok has anyone noticed the instructions say to connect the 3 pin IDC connector to the white prison flasher? My 3 pin IDC connector goes to the red x 2 flashers. The white flasher is a 2 pin on mine.

Pretty sure its the red one because the two pin is used for the hitchhiker sign.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

It should be referred to as the red prison flashers, they are 3pin IDC.

#116 4 years ago

Thank you sir I appreciate it!

4 weeks later
#117 4 years ago

After reading the comments on how the tower looks straight from the box, I thought I'd share what a little paint can do (: Would love to paint anyone's tower so it looks zombie-worthy.

IMG_8632.jpg IMG_8634.jpg
#118 4 years ago

More importantly, are these going to be made again?

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i.e. stuff that shoulda been in the LE but will make you pay even more for it because we can. Sorry. Just my gut instinct when i saw this. Mods just seem like things they omitted. Leave that stuff to the aftermarket or you look like you're holding your customers upside down to shake money out of their pockets.

It's the pinball equivalent of DLC. Great business decision in my opinion. It's not like TWD is a sparse, incomplete game.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Bre:

After reading the comments on how the tower looks straight from the box, I thought I'd share what a little paint can do (: Would love to paint anyone's tower so it looks zombie-worthy.

IMG_8634.jpg 101 KB

IMG_8632.jpg 125 KB

That looks awesome!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Bre:

I thought I'd share what a little paint can do

Really great job! You willing to paint a fellow pinsiders tower? If so, how much?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

It needs more detail maybe airbrushed, stands out like a sore thumb as is.

Agreed. It is too clean. Needs weathering like the rest of the toys.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Really great job! You willing to paint a fellow pinsiders tower? If so, how much?

Absolutely- I take on any custom paint jobs. The tower will cost $50 to custom paint and whatever shipping costs to get it back to you. I'm planning on painting another tower today and can post pictures. I want to add text scratched on like "Kill or Be Killed" or "Beware of Walkers."

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Bre:

After reading the comments on how the tower looks straight from the box, I thought I'd share what a little paint can do (: Would love to paint anyone's tower so it looks zombie-worthy

Awesome, good work!

#125 4 years ago

Bre did a fabulous job on my wife's Well Walker and is finishing up my Monster Bash figures at present - they look amazing! My tower will be in the mail soon

#126 4 years ago

It looks awesome. Now we need Mezelmods to restock these things for those of us just getting the game.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Bre:

Nice job..looks way better.

1 week later
#128 4 years ago

Making my own. I'll be in it less than $15.00. Here's before & after pics. My camera made the rust color stand out a lot more than it looks in person.

Screenshot_2015-02-23-07-24-30.png 20150222_152759.jpg
#129 4 years ago

Looks cool! Post pics when installed would love to see it.

#130 4 years ago

Here's mine I built. The white LED on the front is tied into the GI & the LED inside is tied into the tower insert so it blinks when the tower shot is lit. Not sure why the other towers sold are tied into the pops & prison but what ever. I picked a blue LED because there's already so much red it wouldn't get noticed. See ya!

20150228_211059.jpg
#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Here's mine I built. The white LED on the front is tied into the GI & the LED inside is tied into the tower insert so it blinks when the tower shot is lit. Not sure why the other towers sold are tied into the pops & prison but what ever. I picked a blue LED because there's already so much red it wouldn't get noticed. See ya!

20150228_211059.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's pretty badass!

#132 4 years ago

Looks sick as fuq

3 weeks later
#133 4 years ago

Nice Tower! I did my own and put up a tutorial for people saying the McFarlane one could not be done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-prison-tower-diy-kit

IMG_5865.JPG
#134 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Nice Tower! I did my own and put up a tutorial for people saying the McFarlane one could not be done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-prison-tower-diy-kit

IMG_5865.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

where did you get the figures? are they 2 inch?

#135 4 years ago

That really looks fantastic. Nice work.

#136 4 years ago

Thanks! The figures and tower came from Toys R Us. Check out my tutorial on building the tower. the figures are a perfect scale size for TWD pins and they have foot cliff retainers so all you need is screw them in place.

1 week later
#137 4 years ago

I've got Prison towers available again on our site- just a few made available for Texas Pinball Festival!
Also have them here at the show if you want to pick one up

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Making my own. I'll be in it less than $15.00. Here's before & after pics. My camera made the rust color stand out a lot more than it looks in person.

Screenshot_2015-02-23-07-24-30.png (Click image to enlarge)
20150222_152759.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice work! That looks fantastic all painted up and rustic- nice work.

1 month later
#140 4 years ago

At last I've just ordered a tower I'm praying now it arrives in Australia in one piece please pack very well

#141 4 years ago

Been waiting for these to come back. Thanks Mezel

1 week later
#142 4 years ago

Mine arrived today could someone post a pic of where the wires go through the Playfield on a pro the instructions are pretty vage.

#143 4 years ago

Connector goes to the flasher inside the prison (you can't mix this as connectors are different).
Clips go to the jet bumper center flasher

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Nice work! That looks fantastic all painted up and rustic- nice work.

I ordered and installed the mezel one as I have no time to build things. barely have time to play!

great job by those hand built ones!

9 months later
#145 3 years ago

So I've got a Premium TWD on the way... am I too late to get one of these Prison Towers? Everyone I see online says sold out .

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

So I've got a Premium TWD on the way... am I too late to get one of these Prison Towers? Everyone I see online says sold out .

Contact Mezel Mods. They make the Prison Tower mod for Stern and everyone else. Hopefully Mezel keeps making more Tower runs as Stern keeps making more WD pins.

http://mezelmods.com/pages/contact-us

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Contact Mezel Mods. They make the Prison Tower mod for Stern and everyone else. Hopefully Mezel keeps making more Tower runs as Stern keeps making more WD pins.
http://mezelmods.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks, I went ahead and reached out to Mezel. I'll post back with any news.

#148 3 years ago

I don't understand this "do a run" mentality. Why aren't these things just always in stock? It's all 3D print plus some lighting. Should be able to make them to order.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't understand this "do a run" mentality. Why aren't these things just always in stock? It's all 3D print plus some lighting. Should be able to make them to order.

Stern controls our distribution and we are working on fixing that.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Stern controls our distribution and we are working on fixing that.

That's so odd because I cant see how this one can have any copyright behind it unless Stern provided the STL file. This is something that could be knocked off with a couple hours of effort.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside