• Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zombiehorde__(resized).jpg
Pinball_Podcast_TWD_(resized).png
RailRoadPost_TWD-2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've been down to 1 game for a while now, but as of next month I will have a TWD arriving however one thing that's always bugged me is that BIG head behind those prison doors. The scale is wrong for a start (that's one BIG head) and its just never made a lot of sense to me having a giant head behind the prison doors.

So the idea of maybe making a replacement popped into my head and it would make more sense to me and I think look way cooler visually to have a mini horde behind those doors. I have spoke to a pinsider known for his great sculpts briefly, I wont mention who as I haven't asked if that would be okay, but I did mention I would make a thread to gauge any possible interest. Its something I want to do to my game ASAP once it arrives but I thought if anyone else is interested in the slightest I'd through the idea out there & multiple orders are always nice on the old price per item side of things.

Anyway take a look and let me know what you guys think. My Paint/Photoshop skills suck so use your imagination, although it did take me literally 1minute to make the mock up but hopefully gives an idea what I'm going for

RailRoadPost_TWD-2_(resized).jpgRailRoadPost_TWD-2_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Cheers guys, I'll definitely pursue it for my game, if there is enough interest to take it from a one off into a small run without it being too pricey even better.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

id be in, i hate head.....

Quoted from Charliew65:

i mean behind closed doors...

I think you might have accidentally logged onto the wrong forum

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is a bash toy. Whiles looks cool, I don't think a hoard will hold up to the ball slamming into it too well.

As soon as I started thinking how I could replace the big head, its strength/durability was my first consideration. IMO the golden rule with any mod is it has to function as good but if not better than the part its replacing.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Maybe a piece of plexi/plastic could be mounted in front of walkers to take the hit.

I have already considered that but also thought about a solid piece with a good enough paint job could be made to look like a horde of individual zombies, without drawing the players attention to the fact there all connected in a solid piece.

I came up with the added idea to maybe backlight it as well to give off a silhouette effect when the GI is low, so upon the doors opening you can see the silhouette of the horde then when the GI comes back up the horde is visible, but that's just my mind wondering it all comes to down if it can be made durable enough first and foremost before adding lighting effects.

If its done I will make sure its done right.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hmm I do know a very talented Canadian....

So do I

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I could probably paint these up to look more realistic, add some blood ..etc. The bottom part would be wood , get it ?

If I had to go with a solid bottom/base, I think sculpting it and painting it up to look like a pile of bodies would be the best idea visually? plus gives a chance to add a little more gore and gruesomeness, instead of just a solid looking block, thoughts?

#41 7 years ago

I totally agree bemmett, I think I may have said it in a post above but if I can get this made with the help of a talented Canadian it would either have to work as good or in this case better than the original part it's replacing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-mod-idea?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.