Hitchhiker mod 004.JPG
Hitchhiker mod 002.JPG
Hitchhiker mod 001.JPG
337797-i.jpg
1419624914193.jpg
1419624869553.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Laseriffic has partnered with MEZELmods and has created another awesome, realistic sign! It is the yellow illuminated Prison Hitchhiker Sign, complete with gunshot holes. It is plug and play underneath the playfield using the included IDC connectors to tap into the white flasher in the prison.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/prison-hitchhiker-sign
image1-43.JPGimage1-43.JPGimage3.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPGimage4.JPG

Sign from the show
unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

#2 9 years ago

That's cool as hell. Nice work.

#3 9 years ago

Damn another order.....

#4 9 years ago

Ordered!

#5 9 years ago

Sweet , Will Cointaker be getting this mod to sell as well ?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Sweet , Will Cointaker be getting this mod to sell as well ?

Yes, if they want to carry it, emailed Melissa.

#7 9 years ago

My order just shipped, I'm going to need this as well. I think its time for some lit up zombie figures for the playfield? This pin is so great for mods, I would love a nicer looking well walker to replace the stock one, a little smaller and better detail, in fact I would rather have just a generic cool looking zombie.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Damn another order.....

lol...It's always something huh..

#9 9 years ago

Could this be fed into the GI and stay on all the time if desired?

#10 9 years ago

Here's my wallet !! Ordering now !!!

#11 9 years ago

I would like to see a new sign design for the bicycle girl. The existing Stern sign with blue light could be better IMO.

#12 9 years ago

Nice work...again. Looks like it should have been there from the factory.

#13 9 years ago

Joe gets the credit for his amazing work!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Gube637:

I would like to see a new sign design for the bicycle girl. The existing Stern sign with blue light could be better IMO.

Let me see what I can do.. any suggestions??

#16 9 years ago

Yep my order just shipped too and now need this.. Damn nice guys

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Gube637:

Here's my wallet !! Ordering now !!!

Well, if it's good enough for my twin brother, then what the heck! Order placed! Thanks guys!

#18 9 years ago

Well, if it's good enough for Scary and his Twin then what the heck! Order placed! Thanks guys!

#19 9 years ago

They are in the mail.. thanks everyone. I do have 2 more I am working on now.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Could this be fed into the GI and stay on all the time if desired?

You could hook it to the 12 volts at the coin door. I like that it lights during the white flasher action in the prison.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You could hook it to the 12 volts at the coin door. I like that it lights during the white flasher action in the prison.

Me too, just curious might try it out. Thanks

#22 9 years ago

Great work Don

#23 9 years ago

Signs arrived today- we are experiencing slow shipping in and out due to volumes! I'll begin shipping signs with orders today and will continue for the next two days.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Signs arrived today- we are experiencing slow shipping in and out due to volumes! I'll begin shipping signs with orders today and will continue for the next two days.

Wow are they ever slow, I have someone in Ohio I sent something to last Wed and it got there today..

#25 9 years ago

I Like it ,, and being Light'd is a + !! , I Must have 1

#26 9 years ago

Bump 4 this mod ..............

#27 9 years ago

Its great but that particular flasher doesn't go off enough for me, I would like to tie it in with the the other flashers in the prison, any advice on how to do that?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its great but that particular flasher doesn't go off enough for me, I would like to tie it in with the the other flashers in the prison, any advice on how to do that?

The other prison flasher is a 3 pin IDC. You also snip the IDCs off and you could solder alligator clips onto it and open the prison and attach to the bulb. I am quite positive the following code updates with incorporate the white flasher more into the gameplay.

#29 9 years ago

My Hitchhiker mod was in the mailbox from CoinTaker today ,, now if i can figure out which screw U guy's used to install it ..

1419624869553.jpg1419624869553.jpg
1419624914193.jpg1419624914193.jpg

#30 9 years ago

Your just taking the nut off and putting it back on with the sign. Don't try and remove any screws!
The instructions say to remove the "bolt" but they meant "nut."

337797-i.jpg337797-i.jpg

#31 9 years ago

Thanxx bro ,, from the 2 pict's on the 1st post , the mod loOks Alot Higher than the actual nut Used

#32 9 years ago

Instruction's for those who aren't to Savy installing mod's ,,

I didn't get any instruction's w/ my mod , so i figured it out on my Own .. remove the p/f plastic & the Prison roof . Up feed the light strip thru the hole to the prison then out to the mod , install Led strip on sign , Re-install Everything , then plug in mod power to smallest Z connector coming out from the Prison .. Not 2 bad to install @ all ..

Hitchhiker mod 001.JPGHitchhiker mod 001.JPG Hitchhiker mod 002.JPGHitchhiker mod 002.JPG Hitchhiker mod 004.JPGHitchhiker mod 004.JPG Hitchhiker mod 009.JPGHitchhiker mod 009.JPG Hitchhiker mod 005.JPGHitchhiker mod 005.JPG Hitchhiker mod 006.JPGHitchhiker mod 006.JPG Hitchhiker mod 007.JPGHitchhiker mod 007.JPG Hitchhiker mod 008.JPGHitchhiker mod 008.JPG Hitchhiker mod 010.JPGHitchhiker mod 010.JPG Hitchhiker mod 011.JPGHitchhiker mod 011.JPG Hitchhiker mod 012.JPGHitchhiker mod 012.JPG
#33 9 years ago

You should check out the prison door roof accessory from Mezel. Good stuff.

#34 9 years ago

More signs are on their way to Mezel Mods.

#35 9 years ago

just go to menzel mods site and look for support ..all the set up and directions are there for his mods

#36 9 years ago

Here it is from the site. You can remove the prison roof but in our directions, you just thread the wire through a hole into the bottom of the playfield and into the back of the prison.

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203651145-Prison-Hitchhiker-Sign

#37 9 years ago

From Yr direction's ,,,,,,

Remove LED strip adhesive paper and slide the strip into the Hitchhiker sign bracket. Press LED strip down gently using a blunt object to adhere to bracket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hmmm ,, I removed the adhesive strip and installed the Led to the back of the sign w/ the Leds facing the back of the p/f ,,, ( Wrong ) Correction being made ...... Great mod Guy's !!!

Quoted from Yipykya:

You should check out the prison door roof accessory from Mezel. Good stuff.

Got a Link or a Pict- ? --- Edit , found it --

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-door-roof-by-mezelmods

1419647803894.jpg1419647803894.jpg

#38 9 years ago

when does this light (led strip) come on? i believe i installed it correctly. I have done a diagnostic flash and lamp test. not working perhaps i screwed it up

#39 9 years ago

The 3-Led strip Should Fire each tyme the White 89 Flasher inside the Prison does .. Did u connect the z connectors up correctly ,, look at my Pict above .. From underneath the p/f , the hOle that has 2 wires coming out are from the Prison ,, The Biggest Z connector are for the 2 red flashers , Use the smallest connector , It's the Only 1 that Will fit anyway ..

#40 9 years ago

This mod looks like Stern built it themselves. Great work guys!

Now, hurry up with that crossbow!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

when does this light (led strip) come on? i believe i installed it correctly. I have done a diagnostic flash and lamp test. not working perhaps i screwed it up

Kristin thinks we may have a couple backwards where the IDC plugs are facing the wrong way. You need to match Stern's black wire to my mod's blue or black wire on both IDCs.

Plug both the IDCs in backwards and re-do your diagnostic.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Kristin thinks we may have a couple backwards where the IDC plugs are facing the wrong way.

Shirley not !! Tmezel , i wouldn't mind getting the guts package ,, PM sent

#43 9 years ago

This is a well made mod along w/ the Woodbury sign w/ lights. I didn't remove roof to install mine, I just fed it through the hole and kind of bent the led strip to make the left turn. It came out that slit in the back left. It looks very clean and like it was put on at the factory! Well done Tim & Kristin. Also the two times I hit the chat button on Mezelmods Kristin was on chatting w/in a minute, very good customer service!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Here it is from the site. You can remove the prison roof but in our directions, you just thread the wire through a hole into the bottom of the playfield and into the back of the prison.

Tim, the mod is easy to install. Removing the roof on the prison makes the "weaving" of the wires through the hole a lot easier. The mod looks great and the lighting is pretty cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-hitchhiker-sign-by-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.