Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

I love Spider-Man but TWD dead is Lymans coding masterpiece. It used to be Metallica and before that I might have voted for Spider-Man. The layout in Spider-Man is a bit better and there is a ton to do. But TWD is in its own class for the code and the walker bombs on the premium really adds to the strategy.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I played a TWD LE at league the other day, was really looking forward to it. Watching the magnet in front of the prison grab the ball, hold it, and then fling it straight down the middle was weak.
It soured me on the game to be honest.
Why have they left it like that? Do you owners like that?

Honestly, I don't think I have *ever* had the ball drain off the prison magnet on mine. Never.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It happens from time to time on about every premium or pro i've seen. I guess you got the lucky magnet core that only flings the ball to the side.

If it drops, you can easily save it.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I keep hearing stdm and drains out of the bumpers, bugging me a little

Some games are definitely more apt to have this problem than others.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

- some people don't want to ever lose the ball and play for an hour -> get's pretty boring. How about shooting the AC/DC cannon and then losing the ball down the side? And what about Pops - do you prefer Pops in their own little area with no danger of losing the ball from them? Basically making them relatively useless and again somewhat boring?

Yea so you massively miss the point. It's not about losing the ball. Metallica is quick with lots of shots and if you hit the magnet and lose the ball it at least came off the flippers.

TWD has machines that massively drain out of the pops and others that don't. On the ones that do the game is completely ruined. The ball is in the pops super often and when there you're basically waiting on the ball so you can resume playing the game. Then after the long wait it drains. It is a major source of frustration and not at all fun.

I much prefer a game without pops. If TWD had a smooth orbit where left orbit shots flowed to the right flipper unimpeded that would be way better. Any ways, it's clear that regular drains from the pops was not intended by the designer as most TWD games don't have the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premle-advice?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.