look.gif
image.jpg
Screenshot_2014-12-15-07-37-42.png
2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png
shiny.jpg
469.jpg
sucker.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 9 years ago

lollipop side-rails would of been nice.

#87 9 years ago

LE = Most Profit for Stern
Premium = Second most Profit for Stern
Pro = Third Most Profit for Stern

If the LE's sell-out pretty quick, then they make Premiums.

1) Why should Stern not make LE's if they make them the most profit and people are buying them?

2) I think most LE buyers should know that they are paying a lot or possibly being "ripped off" by getting the serialized number plate.

#113 9 years ago

Stern must of accounted for folks who might of bought an Premium but instead bought a Pro by offering accessories. It seemed like it was insurance in-case the LE's didn't sell. Now Stern can have its cake and eat it too because the LE is sold-out, accessories are selling and Premiums will be sold. I do think the Pro has been a good seller for them.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree 100%. The only reason the premium wasn't officially announced at launch was to increase the chances that they would sell out all the LEs. I'm not surprised at all, but I'm very disappointed in Stern. I had almost convinced myself that they were done with the premium thing, but I shouldn't have let my guard down. One thing is certain, I will NEVER pre-order another Stern as long as I live. They decided to bite the hand that feeds them, and I will not reward them for this.

Here is why I agree with you. I think they posted SOLD OUT of the LE's on their site yesterday and then announced the Premium today.

#351 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I was always an arcade game collector before getting into pins. my first pin was a TRON LE I got thru a buddy that was going thru a divorce and the rest is history. it wouldnt bother me if stern made the premiums after I bought a Walking Dead le, but a frickin number is what differentiates the 2 pins
at a 1100.00 more cost!? the distributors of the pins should contact stern and go to bat for their current le customers. kiss me first if I am gonna get f@#ked!!!
yeah its the exact same game. different stickers. I don't care about sideart, the games sit side by side and it never made a difference to me.
gonna go play some major havoc now!!!

#458 9 years ago

They'll prob come out with another premium next year like they have two premiums for MET and ACDC

#466 9 years ago

For tron it will be tron vault with same code as tron pro and features but with new head and leds. Id assume pricing from distro $5500.

All my guess of course

#472 9 years ago

LE owners got shitted on like the armor that came with it

#558 9 years ago

Some of you folks are being silly, 600 LE's x ~$3333 profit per unit is $2 Million. That is Sterns bread n better. The LE model will die when Stern is out of business and not before then.

A hypothetical would be Premium is ~$2000 profit per unit and Pro is ~$1000 profit per unit. Obviously just estimates I made up but that is why they don't just make Pro's and instantly released a Premium when LE sold out. More profit per unit, Business 101..

They also released accessories with 300% markup.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Vanilla_Gorilla:

Brand new to this hobby and this is my first pin. In fact, it arrives to my house in the next few hours. Still excited to receive my TWDLE, but a little upset with Stern and their definition of limited vs premium. I had no past experiences to draw from with other releases, but I see how it works now. I guess I can chalk it up to a $1000 lesson. I definitely would have chosen a premium as my first purchase since I don't care about the plaque (which has no meaning) or artwork as a $1000 mod. Hopefully, more competition will continue to build and we will have other products and companies to choose. Glad there is a resource like Pinside to share and learn about these machines.

Did you not know that Stern said they would release a Premium if this pin sold well?

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from Vanilla_Gorilla:

No. Wish I did. I think I'll be happy with my purchase, but had I waited a week I would have saved a good amount and had the same game.

It definetely wasn't advertised broadly but I think on facebook Stern's marketing rep Jody mentioned it and maybe even Gary at Expo. Its a bummer if your distributor said with 100% certainty a Premium wasn't going to happen.

LE owners definetly paid a premium just for the numbered plaque and even though Im not a fan of the armor color on the LE, the lollipops/button wear area protection is nice. I hear the color looks better in person so maybe that is the case.

TWD is one of the few shows my wife and I watch together. At the end of the day I don't think there is any shame owning an LE of a theme/show with such huge popularity.

Welcome to the hobby/pinside!

#944 9 years ago

Whats the difference between a mirrored backglass and a normal backglass with silk screened printing directly on it?

Whats the mirrored part?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-wtf?tu=zentron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.