look.gif
image.jpg
Screenshot_2014-12-15-07-37-42.png
2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png
shiny.jpg
469.jpg
sucker.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n0s4atu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

Well, I guess the bright side is I like my LE art better and personally I prefer the Pro colors to the Premium, but definitely a dick move. Especially since they had it planned all along.

Edit: To clarify, anyone with an LE, just had to look at their playfield the first time it was raised to see they had the premium planned.

Oh and I HATE the AMC logo running through the Premium translite. At the bottom and it would have been fine, as the rest of the art looks pretty cool from what I can tell.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Backglass, signature, numbered plate, and rust colored amour.

Cab art is the big one to me. I'm actually replacing the rust colored armor as that was the only negative and in the promo art it looked like it had a metallic flake look, it's pretty much just brown with flecks of black.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm really surprised by how many people, including current LE owners, are saying that the Premium looks better than the LE.
Are you guys insane?

I agree. Personally given the choice (as we should have been from the beginning) I'd have still gone LE. I ended up loving the cab art, once I got over the crappy brown armor which conveniently enough they're offering a replacement for. Someone at Stern is very clever. And a total a-hole. lol

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Does it look $1,000 better?

Yes. To me.

That being said, if I was someone on the fence about the LE or the Pro, personally I'm going Pro. I prefer the red and black cab to the Premium and well that translite on the Premium is pretty awful the more I look at it.

Now, if they had simply stuffed the LE playfield into their Pro, then that'd be a toss up as to whether I liked the art $1000 more. And ultimately about $1500 more since I hate the armor on the LE. In the end I think I'd have stayed LE. The Premium definitely doesn't make me question that decision, just a dick move to me, because I'm sure there are some LE owners who don't feel the art is worth the added cost.

Release 6 versions if you want and 20 add ons, but do it all at once so the customer can make the best decision.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I bought the pro and really enjoy it - could not afford the LE since I ordered a MMrLE.. I would have scrimped and bought the Premium..

And this is what I mean. I don't think they'd have had trouble selling out the LE's one bit even if they released them all at the same time. The pro's would have sold very well still because they're awesome looking and people like MN who want all the features but not the price tag would buy the Premium.

I don't think they'll sell any more or any less in terms of sheer number of games, but now they've pissed some folks off. I doubt they care, but hey that's just my opinion.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

This looks way better than the le.

And if I felt that way, I'd be salty as hell that I had an LE.

Now I'm just annoyed I have to upgrade my upgraded armor to make it look better. Which makes me wonder, since the Pro and Premium both have black armor already, is anyone other than an LE owner even bothering with their upgraded armor?

I'm buying it because I want black, not the brown and the blood spatter fits perfectly, but if it came factory with black, I wouldn't pay $500 for blood spatter alone.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern sold out of LE's quick. Made a decision to make preemies while monitoring LE sales. Done. That's it. Nothing was being withheld except insider information to me and to distro's until later on when numbers were tallied up for Pro and LE sales.
Original decision was a two tier model only.
What kinda stinks is now TWDLE is just a blinged out Preemie. But I love this pin. It's fun and that's all that matters.
Think of this as a good sign that this title exploded with popularity!

Did they sell out before the playfields were printed? Because all the LE playfields say prem-Le, which implied to me when i saw it on mine that they bailed on the premium idea late or had it planned all along.

1 week later
#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I do prefer the new Premium backglass....but does anyone see the irony in see the works "walking dead" and not seeing any dead actually walking on the backglass? Or with legs for that matter?

I prefer the LE backglass (but shocker I own an LE). The premium would have looked really good, if only they'd put the AMC Logo on the bottom with the Stern logo beside it on the far right.

I haven't looked closely enough at the pics, but I wonder since it's just a regular translite sheet if it's feasible to take an X-acto to it and put it back together in the proper order? Maybe at the same time adding a strip of tint to the AMC Logo piece so it barely glows at the bottom?

#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Did they fix the ramp on the Pre's? Anyone.

Mtripl would have to lift his ramp and look under it.

And if they haven't yet and they'll be sending out kits to the Premium owners, I hope their distributor told them about it in advance so that they can put down an extra layer of mylar, or add felt prior to even firing off the first ball.

#1063 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Are kits planned? I haven't heard anything regarding a fix from Stern.

Yes, Stern will be sending out batches to distributors. So contact yours and I'm sure he can better let you know when it should be in.

I was told about 2 weeks for them to be at the distributors.

#1067 9 years ago

Yes, the rivets on the bottom of the ramp will cut through the factory mylar very quickly leaving two marks. Stern is sending out a fix to LE owners. Premium owners we haven't heard if they had the fix factory installed or if they'll be getting it as well.

I'd suggest at a minimum adding another piece of mylar over the factory one, or adding a 2" wide by just over 1/4" strip of adhesive felt to cover the rivets until the fix comes.

The felt, I have installed on mine, but haven't installed the ramp yet since I managed to drop the pin and the game ate it. A new one arrives Monday, so I can't confirm that the ramp lays flat with the felt installed.
Here's a shot of my ramp damage, that's very similar to everyone else who's reported it. It's on a home use game with maybe 50-100 plays.

BGRampDamage.jpgBGRampDamage.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n0s4atu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-wtf?tu=n0s4atu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.