look.gif
image.jpg
Screenshot_2014-12-15-07-37-42.png
2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png
shiny.jpg
469.jpg
sucker.jpg
There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 9 years ago

I tend to get along with almost everyone IRL. (even drunk sassy texans)

Funny thing ICE, I actually did quite well in all of my formal schooling and especially in math and the sciences.

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You might love lamp Nip but you would love TWD, no doubt.
And as far as Hilton goes, with those dumb ass comments, he never even passed geometry in school much less knows what it means.
This is a GREAT pin. Just put another two dozen games on it.

Not great until they recode the hillbilly comedy hour (at minimum).

#1054 9 years ago

image-196.jpgimage-196.jpgimage-77.jpgimage-77.jpg

Played the game virtually all night. I'm hosting our ohio league tomorrow so hopefully this is a nice surprise for OPL

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1055 9 years ago

I do prefer the new Premium backglass....but does anyone see the irony in see the words "walking dead" and not seeing any dead actually walking on the backglass? Or with legs for that matter?

#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I do prefer the new Premium backglass....but does anyone see the irony in see the works "walking dead" and not seeing any dead actually walking on the backglass? Or with legs for that matter?

I prefer the LE backglass (but shocker I own an LE). The premium would have looked really good, if only they'd put the AMC Logo on the bottom with the Stern logo beside it on the far right.

I haven't looked closely enough at the pics, but I wonder since it's just a regular translite sheet if it's feasible to take an X-acto to it and put it back together in the proper order? Maybe at the same time adding a strip of tint to the AMC Logo piece so it barely glows at the bottom?

#1057 9 years ago

Did they fix the ramp on the Pre's? Anyone.

untitled.pnguntitled.png
#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I prefer the LE backglass

As do I! But I do like the zombie artwork on the header...Logo is too much on the sides and translite.
Purely cosmetic however, the machine itself will be a blast to play!

#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Did they fix the ramp on the Pre's? Anyone.

Mtripl would have to lift his ramp and look under it.

And if they haven't yet and they'll be sending out kits to the Premium owners, I hope their distributor told them about it in advance so that they can put down an extra layer of mylar, or add felt prior to even firing off the first ball.

#1060 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

they'll be sending out kits to the Premium owners

Are kits planned? I haven't heard anything regarding a fix from Stern.

#1061 9 years ago

Mtripl - can you please check your ramp and see if its different than the LEs? Pics would be great!

#1062 9 years ago

Not great until they recode the hillbilly comedy hour (at minimum).

Well at this point it's still way better then Avengers is or ever was. Hillbilly or no hillbilly

#1063 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Are kits planned? I haven't heard anything regarding a fix from Stern.

Yes, Stern will be sending out batches to distributors. So contact yours and I'm sure he can better let you know when it should be in.

I was told about 2 weeks for them to be at the distributors.

#1064 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well at this point it's still way better then Avengers is or ever was. Hillbilly or no hillbilly

In your vapid dreams short bus.

#1065 9 years ago

In your vapid dreams short bus.

I dunno. Played av.

#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Yes, Stern will be sending out batches to distributors. So contact yours and I'm sure he can better let you know when it should be in.
I was told about 2 weeks for them to be at the distributors.

Is there a problem with the ramps that I haven't heard about? I'm not having any issues. I had my bicycle girl ramp get stuck partially up a few times, but that's about it. I torqued the ramp a bit to the left, and it hasn't happened since.

#1067 9 years ago

Yes, the rivets on the bottom of the ramp will cut through the factory mylar very quickly leaving two marks. Stern is sending out a fix to LE owners. Premium owners we haven't heard if they had the fix factory installed or if they'll be getting it as well.

I'd suggest at a minimum adding another piece of mylar over the factory one, or adding a 2" wide by just over 1/4" strip of adhesive felt to cover the rivets until the fix comes.

The felt, I have installed on mine, but haven't installed the ramp yet since I managed to drop the pin and the game ate it. A new one arrives Monday, so I can't confirm that the ramp lays flat with the felt installed.
Here's a shot of my ramp damage, that's very similar to everyone else who's reported it. It's on a home use game with maybe 50-100 plays.

BGRampDamage.jpgBGRampDamage.jpg
#1068 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Yes, the rivets on the bottom of the ramp will cut through the factory mylar very quickly leaving two marks. Stern is sending out a fix to LE owners. Premium owners we haven't heard if they had the fix factory installed or if they'll be getting it as well.
I'd suggest at a minimum adding another piece of mylar over the factory one, or adding a 2" wide by just over 1/4" strip of adhesive felt to cover the rivets until the fix comes.
The felt, I have installed on mine, but haven't installed the ramp yet since I managed to drop the pin and the game ate it. A new one arrives Monday, so I can't confirm that the ramp lays flat with the felt installed.
Here's a shot of my ramp damage, that's very similar to everyone else who's reported it. It's on a home use game with maybe 50-100 plays.

BGRampDamage.jpg 326 KB

Wow. I'll check mine out. I hadn't noticed anything thus far.

#1069 9 years ago

Is there any premium vid yet?

#1070 9 years ago

Ramp felt works great. Problem solved.

Btw, I love this F ing game.

At Eric's in Breck now and it's all I want to play.

Gotta make myself play some ST

#1071 9 years ago

Why are people having to fix dodgy crap like this on a new le ? We're talking many thousands for this pin.

#1072 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Why are people having to fix dodgy crap like this on a new le ? We're talking many thousands for this pin.

Nothing new. Same shit,different Stern. It's just the way it is. We've grown to deal with it & kinda have fun fixing the bugs so just keep moving along,nothing to see here.

#1073 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Could be worse. Pf's warped or splitting. Boards frying. Real serious shit.

This is small potatoes. Big deal. Gotta add felt. You want perfection, not gonna find it anywhere.

First run of any new design is gonna be buggy.

2 years later
#1074 6 years ago

I would be happy with either version LE or Prem of TWD, but I always try to buy LE's when given a choice. I would like to have the Premium translite as a wall hanger, very creepy but too many dead zombie fish tank heads plus the topper.

Plastic stuff seems to wear out sometimes when you keep throwing metal balls at it.

#1075 6 years ago

I'm guessing a boat load of people are happy the premium came out of this AWESOME game! I love my LE!

#1076 6 years ago

I guess it's fitting that this thread has come back from the dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 26.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-wtf/page/22?hl=rascal-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.