look.gif
image.jpg
Screenshot_2014-12-15-07-37-42.png
2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png
shiny.jpg
469.jpg
sucker.jpg
There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wrong, STLE was worth every cent. I will admit disappointment with the overall quality and appearance TWDLE arrived with but to say LE buyers are suckers isn't true. Stern should offer more options from the get go and a shaker plus the topper should have been included, I will be very careful from now on in terms of the LE Sterns but some of them have been really great.

ST LE upgrade from premium included...

- Real Mirrored Backglass
- Shaker Motor
- Laser cut armor - with game interactive lighting
- Lighted backbox side decals
- Lighted metal apron
- Brushed steel speaker panel

Compared to TWD LE...
- Mirrored translite

For both games, the LE costs $1100 more than the premium

#952 9 years ago

Anyone else besides me think Stern hears ALL the bitching that has been going on with TWD and could care one shit less and has their solution worked out cause they are going to release their next game with an LCD screen and then everyone is gonna be like......................
469.jpg469.jpgshiny.jpgshiny.jpg

#953 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Compared to TWD LE...
- Mirrored translite

I agree but you have to take the cab art and armor into consideration, that's not enough to justify the price but still something, its my favorite of the 3 by far, and even though most of us don't care at all you will always pay for anything deemed LE, the plaque and signatures do carry a dollar value. I think Stern needs to realize we would rather have a Shaker and lets say that topper than John and Gary's signature, a little metal plaque with a number and a picture lets me know its authentic, not worth $500 plus but I think they are aware of the problem, I emailed in my concerns, I suggest anyone with a similar view do the same, even if Stern ignores it at least speak your mind to the culprits themselves.

#954 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree but you have to take the cab art and armor into consideration

You're right, both LEs have different artwork, armor color, plaque, signatures and certificate. Although that's pretty much always the case for LE vs Premium. IMO the TWD LE artwork is the best of the TWD art, although the LE translite is nearly the same as the Pro.

#955 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think as soon as they removed the shaker motors from the LEs, these no longer made sense financially (if they ever did).
I would still consider an LE if I really felt it was "all that" as far as theme and design, but the smart shopper waits for code to be finished and picks up a Premium model.

According to the features matrix, STLE and Mustang LE have shaker motors. They also have custom trim on the premiums IIRC. Sometimes it seems people just make things up to support their complaints.

Recent Borg games are the only ones to neglect shakers (Metallica and TWD) and custom trim on the premiums as I believe he prefers to use his budget to add to the gameplay/playfield. Owners can add trim and shakers later if they desire, but it's hard to add extra gameplay features like playfield cannons and hammer lock mechs.

#956 9 years ago

Is TWD that good? Thinking of picking up Pro and upgrade to Premium later if I like it...

#957 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is TWD that good? Thinking of picking up Pro and upgrade to Premium later if I like it...

I know that I am an owner, but I have to say Yes.

If you can, try to get a HUO PRO. That way, you'll stand a better chance of getting close to 100% of your money back should you decide to upgrade to the Premium.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again.

The DMD Dots and the zombie noises combine to create a fantastic experience. The dots are truly gruesome and gory. The sounds made by the zombies make you feel as if you are truly fighting them off.

While art appreciation is definitely a personal opinion, the PRO and LE/PREM playfields offer plenty of walker/zombie themed art.

And the game play is fast and brutal. It is truly a roller coaster ride.

My recommendation is to get one and spend a month or two playing it at home. Get it set up to your satisfaction.

If you do not like it, chances are you will be able to get close to most of your purchase price back on the next sale.

Marcus

#958 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

IMHO and I am not an owner but have now played 4 different games and probably 60 combined plays, no way.

No code, dots, theme, or art is going to save how crappy the layout and design of this game is. It just shoots like a turd. Floaty, even when pitched correctly, long ramps that feel 'meh', too much time in pops, and cheap drains/retuns form pop exit and barn magnet (code can fix that). Just a crap layout and not worth buying.

I would predict this is the next title to drop significantly as time passes so I would not count on getting your money back if that is your plan. The show will soon be dated and the game/theme will lose its luster for many. Combine that with the fact that it seems lots of sales (i.e. premium now being made) to regular home buyers and I assume soon enough you will see lots of supply on the secondary market and little demand.

#959 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You're right, both LEs have different artwork, armor color, plaque, signatures and certificate. Although that's pretty much always the case for LE vs Premium. IMO the TWD LE artwork is the best of the TWD art, although the LE translite is nearly the same as the Pro.

Yeah, that translite is horseshit. A nice maybe 3d style or at least different from the pro should have been added to the LE. I think we can all admit that Stern pulled a boner this time around, but at least the game is great.

#960 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Floaty, even when pitched correctly

I respect your opinion, but I don't see how the game can be described at "floaty". The ball whips around like a mother f'er!

#961 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No code, dots, theme, or art is going to save how crappy the layout and design of this game is. It just shoots like a turd. Floaty, even when pitched correctly, long ramps that feel 'meh', too much time in pops, and cheap drains/retuns form pop exit and barn magnet (code can fix that). Just a crap layout and not worth buying.

Gosh, that is harsh and not good news to hear regarding the pitching of the game . . . perhaps it needs to be pitched incorrectly to avoid the drains.

I do take solace knowing you rated Tron LE a 2 point something a couple years ago (I note you have removed your rating on the title) and you rate MM below a 5 now . . . so luckily we don't have the same taste in games.

#962 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I respect your opinion, but I don't see how the game can be described at "floaty". The ball whips around like a mother f'er!

Maybe I am finally geting better and it is all like the matrix when it all slows down, lol.

My wife and I were out last week playing the local one on route and I had to check the bubble like 3 times as the whole game feels open and slow to me. Lots of rinky dinky trickle out of the pop ball travel, lots of back and forth lateral ball travel with any missed shot. The whole game just feels like a dud and have no "just one more" for me (or my wife) at all. The whole time I felt like I was waiting for the ball to come out of the pops, just smashing the wellwalker or barn, or sending the ball back into the pops. On top of it all the ramps have too long of a return to flipper and not a clean release so lots of ticky tacky ball movement again.

Compared to MET, ACDC, XM, AV, and ST which are all recent titles I play on extensively, TWD is blargh in the design and geometry department. Unfortunatley, no code revisions will fix this. I think the title is largely selling on theme/liscense alone (combined with typical new factor) and give a few months and the luster will wear off quickly.

#963 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would predict this is the next title to drop significantly as time passes so I would not count on getting your money back if that is your plan.

Who buys pinball machines on the basis they will get their money back down the road, only fools. I can see why you don't like it, not every game is going to appeal to everyone, I don't like Addams Family just doesn't do anything for me, and many other popular pins, point is almost everything you buy depreciates with time.

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, that is harsh and not good news to hear regarding the pitching of the game . . . perhaps it needs to be pitched incorrectly to avoid the drains.
I do take solace knowing you rated TRON LE a 2 point something a couple years ago (I note you have removed your rating on the title) and you rate MM below a 5 now . . . so luckily we don't have the same taste in games.

Feel free to pitch/level the game however you want to make it play better, but for my playing I prefer perfectly level side to side and a 6.5-7.5 pitch from front to back. To me the fix would be moving entire ball guides to help with ball trajectory.

I have never rated a game a 2. MM is played out and not a very good game IMHO. Tastes change over time and very few people like the same games I do.

#965 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

It's a great game IMO. I recommend the Premium/LE game features, so I would try to play both Pro and Pre/LE before deciding.

#966 9 years ago

I highly recommend you buy a HUO LE, so that if it turns out you hate it, you can sell it to me

#967 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have never rated a game a 2. MM is played out and not a very good game IMHO. Tastes change over time and very few people like the same games I do.

Basically different people have different tastes. I totally disagree with your game play assessment, but I have my opinion and you have yours. I love the long ramps and feel the game has more of an "amusement park under glass" feeling than other recent Sterns. It's kind of a mix between Twilight Zone feel and Metallica feel.

#968 9 years ago

Did Stern cheap-out on the LE pops like they did on the Pros? Of the many quality omissions on the Pro, this one caught my eye almost immediately...

Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did Stern cheap-out on the LE pops like they did on the Pros? Of the many quality omissions on the Pro, this one caught my eye almost immediately...

The pops are the same on the LE, but I don't see whats different than most recent Stern pops?

EDIT -> I see, there's no dome. That is how they did it on Tron, with the bulb poking thru the plastic.

#970 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did Stern cheap-out on the LE pops like they did on the Pros?

Yep, and they look like crap. They could have at least put a flasher dome in the center like they did on ST. The naked LED sticking up through a small hole in the plastic looks downright chintzy. Fortunately, Hooked has got us covered ...

#971 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The pops are the same on the LE, but I don't see whats different than most recent Stern pops?

They've taken away the ornamental flasher domes... must be cost cutting. But, if you raise the price on machines, keep the bling!

#972 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It just shoots like a turd. Floaty, even when pitched correctly, long ramps that feel 'meh', too much time in pops, and cheap drains/retuns form pop exit and barn magnet (code can fix that). Just a crap layout and not worth buying.

Totally disagree, sounds like you don't have the machine set up correctly. It is a blast to play and shots fly all over the play field.

#973 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Unfortunately.. not that uncommon. several titles are like that

#974 9 years ago

I got some time in on my buddy's le last month and loved the pin. I'm a huge fan of the show, so mos def want the artwork of the cast on the sides/head area.

I'm actually looking forward to buying a premium in the next 4 - 6 months. gonna purchase the topper too for maximum head

#975 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I said certain things "looked" bad to a significant number of customers - which is true (just look through this thread).

this thread is nowhere near a majority of their customers.

#976 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I said certain things "looked" bad to a significant number of customers - which is true (just look through this thread).

Quoted from calvin12:

this thread is nowhere near a majority of their customers.

I didn't say "majority", I said "significant number" - and the number of people that post is most likely only a portion of customers that feel that way. Not everyone is going to post.

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I didn't say "majority", I said "significant" - and the number of people that post is most likely only a portion of customers that feel that way. Not everyone is going to post.

this forum isn't even a significant portion of their sales base.

#978 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Are you sure? Do you think they should just ignore any/all feedback provided here?

Pinside is the largest online pinball forum (with a lot of people that buy NIB games) that I am aware of, so I think it may be one of the better places to get valuable feedback. BTW - my previous suggestions could help Stern to get MORE sales in the future -> happy customers continue to buy. Do you think they should ignore suggestions that could help them increase sales?

#979 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

...I think it may be one of the better places to get valuable feedback.

One could easily argue the word "valuable" in that statement as of late

#980 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

One could easily argue the word "valuable" in that statement as of late

I agree - you have to sift through a lot of BS, but some "trends" tend to reveal themselves.

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I believe Tron is the reason Stern went with LE's and the price hikes mentality - they sold TRON LE's for $1000's less than what they should have. All the secondary market made that extra cash instead of Stern - because of the "wrong" price point - i.e. they could have still sold all the LE's at and additional $3k per game.

No, at the time Stern would not have been able to sell the LEs for $thousands more. You could still get them months afterwards with no price increase. The demand was higher months and years after release, so while Stern was able to sell a bunch more Pros they lacked the option to sell a ton more LEs for higher prices in future runs. Thus, Stern introduced the Premium with ACDC (at the same price as Tron LE) and it paid off in a big way. Why they thought about holding back on TWD Premium is a matter of speculation and conspiracy theory, but it was a good move to go forward with it.

#982 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

You might want to think about researching before posting incorrect info.

For example, half of all Tron LEs made are owned by Pinsiders who bothered bothered to register their games, not all do. 700+ ACDC Premium/LE, 342 Metallica Premium/LE. That's more than significant, don't you agree?

#983 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

For example, half of all Tron LEs made are owned by Pinsiders who bothered bothered to register their games, not all do.

If I un-register mine, will that make the game rarer?

#984 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

It is a substantial portion of the LE buyers. Look at the sheer number of games the members all have on the pinmap for title. Many posters don't update or even insert their collection...this forum has meaning in the industry and provided great feedback for manufacturers.

Look at JJP and the hobbit artwork. JJP listened to us here on Pinside and now has a much better art package.

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

You might want to think about researching before posting incorrect info.
For example, half of all Tron LEs made are owned by Pinsiders who bothered bothered to register their games, not all do. 700+ ACDC Premium/LE, 342 Metallica Premium/LE. That's more than significant, don't you agree?

No that does not account for most of their sales and in just a few minutes I'll look like a tron le owner too, maybe even walking deaed le.

Look I have both, and had tron multiple times.

Post edited by calvin12: added sarcasm

#986 9 years ago

they will continue to raise prices and cut corners wherever they can as long as you people keep buying.

#987 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they will continue to raise prices and cut corners wherever they can as long as you people keep buying.

Just WHO are you calling "YOU people"?

#988 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Just WHO are you calling "YOU people"?

People like me

#989 9 years ago

2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
#991 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

No that does not account for most of their sales and in just a few minutes I'll look like a TRON LE owner too, maybe even walking deaed le.
Look I have both, and had tron multiple times.
Post edited by calvin12: added sarcasm

Sure but earlier you used the term "significant" rather than "most"... but considering Pinside accounts for most of the Premium+LE sales, it is significant enough to make Pinside entirely relevant if not critical to all Pinball suppliers and manufacturers, many of which exist solely because of Pinside. The days of playing that down are long over.

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IMHO and I am not an owner but have now played 4 different games and probably 60 combined plays, no way.
I would predict this is the next title to drop significantly as time passes so I would not count on getting your money back if that is your plan. The show will soon be dated and the game/theme will lose its luster for many. Combine that with the fact that it seems lots of sales (i.e. premium now being made) to regular home buyers and I assume soon enough you will see lots of supply on the secondary market and little demand.

Your so wrong....... So wrong...... You should delete this so you don't look like a fool.

#993 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Your so wrong....... So wrong...... You should delete this so you don't look like a fool.

It is my opinion. It is ok for you to have a different opinion.

I understand that you must love the game since you bought a LE, but I have played it extensively and find it to be one of the worst Stern games made in the past 3 years.

Presumably your attack of calling me a fool is due to you not wanting to lose a bunch of $$$$ when you go to sell, and that is understandable, but please don't make it personal when it is merely an opinion.

#994 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Sure but earlier you used the term "significant" rather than "most"... but considering Pinside accounts for most of the Premium+LE sales, it is significant enough to make Pinside entirely relevant if not critical to all Pinball suppliers and manufacturers, many of which exist solely because of Pinside. The days of playing that down are long over.

have fun stroking your ego thinking you are significant since you post on a message board.

#995 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

have fun stroking your ego thinking you are significant since you post on a message board.

Sorry, but you keep interpreting things differently than how they are written. He only indicated that when a bunch of pinsiders voice a similar position it is significant - not when he says something.

Are you purposely interpreting statements incorrectly to make them look bad/wrong?

#996 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have to disagree. If Stern attempted to sell TRON LE at the $8K mark (which is roughly $3K more than the $5,000 mark), then there would be no LE market today.

Contrary to popular belief, TRON LE was not the home run smash it is today immediately after Stern released it. People could still get NIB TRON LE 6 months after it was released for high $5K, low $6K range.

The price of $5,000 for a NIB Stern was crazy talk at the time TRON LE was released. Many people questioned the sanity of those us who bought it. It was crazy to consider to buy any Stern for $5,000 NIB at the time. Even Spider-Man Black was only $4,800 NIB at most places.

Once collectors had the game in their possession, word of mouth spread about the brilliance that was TRON LE. Only then did people begin to realize the true nature of a limited quantity edition.

While I do not doubt that the price increase was directly related to the success of the LE program, it was not because Stern left money on the table with Tron. It was because the LE program started breeding speculators. And speculators started selling LE machines for a tremendous profit before the game was even delivered.

So while Tron definitely started the LE program. The speculators opened up Stern's eyes on the pricing, IMHO.

Marcus

This is the Most accurate Post N this Thread .. So True !!

#997 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Sorry, but you keep interpreting things differently than how they are written. He only indicated that when a bunch of pinsiders voice a similar position it is significant - not when he says something.
Are you purposely interpreting statements incorrectly to make them look bad/wrong?

no the "you" in this case is a reference to this or most any website. It is a small portion of the pinball world.

#998 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is my opinion. It is ok for you to have a different opinion.
I understand that you must love the game since you bought a LE, but I have played it extensively and find it to be one of the worst Stern games made in the past 3 years.
Presumably your attack of calling me a fool is due to you not wanting to lose a bunch of $$$$ when you go to sell, and that is understandable, but please don't make it personal when it is merely an opinion.

Once again your wrong. I never sell my LE's.

#999 9 years ago

Small hands...smell like cabbage.

#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

You're so wrong....... So wrong...... You should delete this so you don't look like a fool.

How can his opinion be wrong?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-wtf/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.