look.gif
image.jpg
Screenshot_2014-12-15-07-37-42.png
2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png
shiny.jpg
469.jpg
sucker.jpg
There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

me neither, banner too larger and heads repetitive, LE glass looks better...

Does it look $1,000 better?

#52 9 years ago

If anyone is interested in the Premium please give me a call.

Little Shop of Games

Curly

561-248-9628

#53 9 years ago

its like when iron man owners cried about the vault edition ruining the value of their pin. big deal. stern is in business to make money, good for them if they sell more. how about they just stop making pins to end this horrible controversy?

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

its like when Iron Man owners cried about the vault edition ruining the value of their pin. big deal. stern is in business to make money, good for them if they sell more. how about they just stop making pins to end this horrible controversy?

You're using far too much common sense for Pinside.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

If that is all that is different then I feel bad for all LE owners.

That's usually all that's different with the LE. Unique art, mirrored backglass, autograph, plaque, special colored trim. Sometimes shaker included

Quoted from RobT:

I'm really surprised by how many people, including current LE owners, are saying that the Premium looks better than the LE.
Are you guys insane?

Yeah, there's no way. It's an "unprocessed" version of the Pro art - the black/white/red is much more stylish. The zombies on the Pro/LE backglass art is far more interesting than the fish tank translite. No one who bought a LE or Pro already should be pissed about the art.

#56 9 years ago

not about money for me....This one is a keeper and I don't flip pins...just my personal view on the layout/design of it...

#57 9 years ago

Thought they stated No Premiums!

Glad I bought the pro now instead of the LE.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thought they stated No Premiums!
Glad I bought the pro now instead of the LE.

They never said that.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

not about money for me....This one is a keeper and I don't flip pins...just my personal view on the layout/design of it...

Then you made a good choice!

#60 9 years ago

I was frustrated with the LE due to the AMC logo on backglass.... but omg, this premium should be renamed to "THE WALKING BILLBOARD"

#61 9 years ago

Agree with Perryd..... I don't flip pins alot and it has to look good and have appeal for it to be a keeper for me even if if does cost more $$

#62 9 years ago

For me, this is even more reason not to buy early. I typically prefer the 'premium' model - I want all the bells and whistles, but don't care to pay extra for exclusivity. So when the next new pin that I'm interested in is announced, I'm going to wait for the premium....

#63 9 years ago

lollipop side-rails would of been nice.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It's not BS. It's good business sense.
I saw this coming. Why didn't you?

WTF are you talking about? Who said I didn't see it coming? I was told by a Stern distributor 2 weeks ago that this was going to happen.

WTF does that have to do with anything that I said?

It doesn't affect me regarding TWD since I haven't bought one. I still think it sucks. Why don't you?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

For me, this is even more reason not to buy early. I typically prefer the 'premium' model - I want all the bells and whistles, but don't care to pay extra for exclusivity. So when the next new pin that I'm interested in is announced, I'm going to wait for the premium....

Good idea. But if everyone does that then there maybe no premiums!

#66 9 years ago

I'm still glad I got a Pro and I have a feeling the LE buyers are feeling the same way. That translite is dick - put a topper on that and it's a whole lotta heads! yuk

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

WTF are you talking about? Who said I didn't see it coming? I was told by a Stern distributor 2 weeks ago that this was going to happen.
It doesn't affect me regarding TWD since I haven't bought one. I still think it sucks. Why don't you?

Your comment implied shocked anger.

It doesn't suck....because it makes sense.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, they may just like green over brown. The LE cabinet looks like puke/blood/dirt, and the brown trim is kinda ugly. This one has actual sideart.

The side art on the Premium is the worst part by far, with the big AMC insignia on it. Terrible.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Check out our exchanges in this forum from September. You were wrong. Deal with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-there-be-a-twd-premium-yes-or-no/page/2

#70 9 years ago

Yes. To me.

That being said, if I was someone on the fence about the LE or the Pro, personally I'm going Pro. I prefer the red and black cab to the Premium and well that translite on the Premium is pretty awful the more I look at it.

Now, if they had simply stuffed the LE playfield into their Pro, then that'd be a toss up as to whether I liked the art $1000 more. And ultimately about $1500 more since I hate the armor on the LE. In the end I think I'd have stayed LE. The Premium definitely doesn't make me question that decision, just a dick move to me, because I'm sure there are some LE owners who don't feel the art is worth the added cost.

Release 6 versions if you want and 20 add ons, but do it all at once so the customer can make the best decision.

#71 9 years ago

As others have said, the more of these they sell, the better for everybody...a healthy selling pin = code updates, edgier future titles and more feature-filled games.

Dont feel sorry for us LE owners...we knew what we were doing...we pay the extra $1000 so that we can feel "special"

i think the Premium looks frickin' cool....frankly so does the LE and the PRO. Its just a fun, fun game

#72 9 years ago

Bring on JAWS!

Chief Gary...Chief Gary...

#73 9 years ago

Your comment implied shocked anger.

Shocked anger?

Oh my God dude, you are hilarious.

Please put me on ignore. I implore you.

It doesn't suck....because it makes sense.

It only makes sense if you are Stern or one of their distributors trying to make as much money as possible by manipulating your customers by instilling fear in them that they must buy the LE otherwise they won't make a Premium and you will lose out.

I'm glad that you are in favor of this model. Good on you.

#74 9 years ago

image-323.jpgimage-323.jpg
#75 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Stern Pinball Announces Premium Edition of AMC’s The Walking Dead Pinball

Very nice. Sales must be good of the game (Pro, LE).

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Soooo what do you get on the LE that's worth $1100 more. That's a good chunk-a-change.

Nothing . . . I feel somewhat ripped off . . . they didn't even give us a real mirrored backglass on the LE.

That said, hopefully they spend more time integrating the LE features like the spinners and cross bow. I can live with being ripped off a bit if they code my LE features better . . .

#77 9 years ago

Check out our exchanges in this forum from September. You were wrong. Deal with it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-there-be-a-twd-premium-yes-or-no/page/2

lol

Yes, please everyone, read that thread! That is the thread where the Captain got banned for his personal insults!

Thanks for reminding everyone what you are really about.

#78 9 years ago

Does this mean we'll actually get good, theme related call outs?

#79 9 years ago

This is certainly a worthy candidate for a new Hitler video.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nothing . . . I feel somewhat ripped off . . . they didn't even give us a real mirrored backglass on the LE.
That said, hopefully they spend more time integrating the LE features like the spinners and cross bow. I can live with being ripped off a bit if they code my LE features better . . .

I bought the pro and really enjoy it - could not afford the LE since I ordered a MMrLE.. I would have scrimped and bought the Premium..

#81 9 years ago

If there is money to be made with a premium, they'll do it. End of story.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

If there is money to be made with a premium, they'll do it. End of story.

This is why I think we will be seeing a Tron premium in the next few months.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
Yes, please everyone, read that thread! That is the thread where the Captain got banned for his personal insults!
Thanks for reminding everyone what you are really about.

Nice try, RobT(roll), but you failed to acknowledge you were way off on TWD Premium!

Says wonders about you.

#84 9 years ago

I bought the pro and really enjoy it - could not afford the LE since I ordered a MMrLE.. I would have scrimped and bought the Premium..

And this is what I mean. I don't think they'd have had trouble selling out the LE's one bit even if they released them all at the same time. The pro's would have sold very well still because they're awesome looking and people like MN who want all the features but not the price tag would buy the Premium.

I don't think they'll sell any more or any less in terms of sheer number of games, but now they've pissed some folks off. I doubt they care, but hey that's just my opinion.

#85 9 years ago

Where's our TRON premiums?

#86 9 years ago

Have some of you guys gotten prices on new premiums lately? If not you may be suprised. Stern jacked up the pricing on all models including AC/DC and MET. They are running right at 7K best price NIB.

I'm not suprised stern made a premium but I do wish they would announce everything at once so we can pick what art package we like best before committing money to it. In the end with the new premium pricing my LE was only $600 more so I'm fine with my LE purchase. I like the total package better. To me the limited run, mirrored backglass, and powdercoating are OK at that extra price.

#87 9 years ago

LE = Most Profit for Stern
Premium = Second most Profit for Stern
Pro = Third Most Profit for Stern

If the LE's sell-out pretty quick, then they make Premiums.

1) Why should Stern not make LE's if they make them the most profit and people are buying them?

2) I think most LE buyers should know that they are paying a lot or possibly being "ripped off" by getting the serialized number plate.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You forgot to add more money in Stern's pocket. They are holding the threat of no Premiums over our heads to sell out the LE's, then they release the Premium when they cashed in on the LE's.

It's basically a bait and switch.

Yup, I will never order another LE. IF I miss out I go pro. They just lost me as a top tier buyer.

#89 9 years ago

Nice try, RobT(roll), but you failed to acknowledge you were way off on TWD Premium!
Says wonders about you.

I can validate robs knowledge of TWD Premium. Just because he didn't believe they'd make em way back in September doesn't mean he didn't know about it weeks ago.

#90 9 years ago

I would of bought the premium also if initially announced. I happy with the pro and won't be getting the premium.

#91 9 years ago

Says wonders about you.

Way off? I said I doubt it would happen. I was wrong. Does that make you feel superior to me?

This is like a carbon copy of the crap and personal insults that you posted in the very thread that you linked to.

Grow up!

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I can validate robs knowledge of TWD Premium. Just because he didn't believe they'd make em way back in September doesn't mean he didn't know about it weeks ago.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm calling him out on an argument we had back when the pin was announced.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Way off? I said I doubt it would happen. I was wrong. Does that make you feel superior to me?
This is like a carbon copy of the crap and personal insults that you posted in the very thread that you linked to.
Grow up!

Crap? Calling you out on your comments is not a personal insult. Man up and own them.

#94 9 years ago

I dropped out of the LE pre-order I had after I played the game at expo. I really LOVE the theme, but just not sure I even like the actual game. On top of that, I really couldn't stand the LE artwork ad brown trim. Pro may still be the best visually, but I really dig the look of this Premium. Given the prices and the feature matrix, if I were to ever consider this game, it would unquestionably be the Premium. With Star Trek I think the LE is way nicer than the Premium, but here I feel exactly the opposite.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yup, I will never order another LE. IF I miss out I go pro. They just lost me as a top tier buyer.

Wait.

Wut?

The Captain says that this makes "good business sense". So how you could say this???

#96 9 years ago

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The side art on the Premium is the worst part by far, with the big AMC insignia on it. Terrible.

*shrug* it's all over all the games as it is... hell, they made it bright yellow on the LE backglass so it jumps out even more. ALL models could use less amc logo-age....

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Go away Troll.

Truth hurts, Rob. Truth hurts.

RobT(roll).jpgRobT(roll).jpg

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm really surprised by how many people, including current LE owners, are saying that the Premium looks better than the LE.
Are you guys insane?

Yeah I agree that the LE cab and translite still look better then the premium IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-wtf/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.