look.gif
image.jpg
Screenshot_2014-12-15-07-37-42.png
2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png
shiny.jpg
469.jpg
sucker.jpg

There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If they are going to charge so much more for them, though, they need to make the LE's a compelling upgrade.

They are - but by your own admission you are discounting/ignoring part of the differentiation. You're saying "They gave us 4 differences, but 2 of those 2 mean nothing to *ME* so they really need to do more". The value may not be there for you, but that doesn't mean they aren't doing it.

A large part of the LE's price delta is a PREMIUM - not a value or cost justification - based on its artificial scarcity and exclusive labeling. It's always been that, and always will be. Be it to encourage people to buy now or pay more.. limited edition releases are tools to extract more revenue. You may be indifferent to it - but stop acting like it doesn't exist at all.

I personally would never pay for some factory upsale for 'LE' labeling beyond trivial amounts because it's not why I buy games and I don't think it inheriently adds value to the games. But I don't ignore it when I try to compare different editions to other people. I can't separate the value to ME vs someone else.

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The foolish thing is Stern only needed to put a few hundred into TWDLE cosmetically to make the game look great and didn't that bugs me way more than a Pre announcement, which actually doesn't bother me at all.

I'm thinking some 3d zombie arm side rails (this would look like they are coming in for a grope on the player) special LE topper would have been enough to keep the LE folks pacified. I also don't think there is enough bling to justify the price jump on the LE, but then again, I never do.

#603 9 years ago

...so, if they make some Premiums to satisfy demand for LE's over and above the initial run - could we see a short lived situation where the Premiums are more limited than LE's, at least in numbers sold? I appreciate the Premiums can be made in infinite quantities in several runs should Stern desire.

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The foolish thing is Stern only needed to put a few hundred into TWDLE cosmetically to make the game look great and didn't that bugs me way more than a Pre announcement, which actually doesn't bother me at all.

Yep. Make the LE's truly special, and folks won't be as upset if/when the premium comes out. STLE should be the archetype that all future LE's follow. It offers concrete upgrades over the premium that look great and are virtually impossible to duplicate in the after market.

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

It's interesting that you mention the fact that The Walking Dead is the #1 show on TV in your argument. To me, this was even more of a reason for Stern to have assumed that the game would be a hit, and less of a reason for them to have resorted to trickery in order to move the LEs.

Look at the Iron Man pin. How big of a hit were the movies? (the pin is actually after the second movie) The game got terrible reviews at first and had terrible sales numbers. Did they even make 1000 of them in the first run.

There is no guarantee that because the license is great that the machine will sell.

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

...so, if they make some Premiums to satisfy demand for LE's over and above the initial run - could we see a short lived situation where the Premiums are more limited than LE's, at least in numbers sold? I appreciate the Premiums can be made in infinite quantities in several runs should Stern desire.

Totally possible.

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. Make the LE's truly special, and folks won't be as upset if/when the premium comes out. STLE should be the archetype that all future LE's follow. It offers concrete upgrades over the premium that look great and are virtually impossible to duplicate in the after market.

I don't disagree with this. The problem is, with TWD, all of the features of the LE were detailed. We all knew that a premium model would share the same exact playfield/toys...so it wasn't hard to see what the "LE" upgrades were.

#608 9 years ago

I can't believe the outrage about this announcement. I own a TWDLE, and I couldn't care less how many versions Stern releases of this or ANY pinball machine. If the hobby continues to grow, I hope they make Vault Editions of EVERYTHING.

It has always struck me as EXTREMELY strange that there is an expectation that these machines should hold their value, or increase, and that Stern has the responsibility to carefully maintain this illusion of scarcity... In what other sector does this occur?! (I know, you can give me a few insane examples... I don't care).

Why begrudge a company for trying to sell more of the things they make??!! They have no responsibility to maintain the "value" of your collection through scarcity of their product. The only reason these things retain their value is that we're all selling them to each other!!!

I think Stern should make announcements like, "Hey Pinball fans, we're considering releasing a Vault Edition of Avatar. We're gauging interest at this point. It's a lot of work to spool up the production line to rerun a game. How many people would like a chance to buy a new Avatar VE?"

I really love pinball. I love buying machines new and old. I love fixing my machines. I love modding my machines. I love playing other peoples machines. I love going to pinball conventions. I love talking to pinball people. I LOVE the tech help I've received here on Pinside.

I hate Stern Bashing. I hate JJP Bashing. There are a LOT of really petty things said here on Pinside. I keep coming back though, because this place is overwhelmingly filled with positive people who just live and breathe pinball.

I think everybody should take a few deep breaths, and remember what's important here. We are lucky to be in this hobby, and for most of us, that's what it is. I can understand that there are some people on here for whom pinball is their livelihood, and values, pricing and the like have a different impact on them. For MOST of us though, these are just really expensive toys, that make us REALLY happy.

For the most part, I try to steer clear of all the mudslinging, and fisticuffs here on Pinside.

Merry Christmas everybody.

I hope you all get a pinball machine under your tree this year. I know I will, cause I bought it myself!

For some of you, it will be a BSD in need of a lot of attention, that will soon be blowing people's minds once you get the Mist magnet working again. For some, it will be an Iron Man VE, fast and Brutal. For some it will be a NIB ACDC Premium that your local Distributor has been holding for you. For some it will be Dutch Pinball's BoP 2.0 For some it will be a Sea Witch, beautifully restored and ready to be played again for another 30 years.

If you're reading ANY of this, it's because you LOVE Pinball. You wouldn't be here on Pinside if you didn't. Best of the Season to you all.

#609 9 years ago

If you don't want surprises like Luci or 75th anniversary buy Bally or Williams.

#610 9 years ago

Anyone have any idea when the next code update for TWD will come out?

I know that is off topic, but this is the hottest TWD thread; any idea? Is it still being prioritized?

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Very possible.

There are fewer Avengers premiums than there are LE's, also likely fewer Mustang Premiums. I also don't know anyone with a ST premium. I have only seen LE's and pros.

Wizard of OZ has 1000 ECLE's, up to 1500 75thLEs, but there are probably fewer Standard Edition (without the powdercoating) than either of the LE editions.

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If you don't want surprises like Luci or 75th anniversary buy Bally or Williams.

Subject to surprises like MMr, of course.

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I can't believe the outrage about this announcement. I own a TWDLE, and I couldn't care less how many versions Stern releases of this or ANY pinball machine. If the hobby continues to grow, I hope they make Vault Editions of EVERYTHING.
It has always struck me as EXTREMELY strange that there is an expectation that these machines should hold their value, or increase, and that Stern has the responsibility to carefully maintain this illusion of scarcity... In what other sector does this occur?! (I know, you can give me a few insane examples... I don't care).
Why begrudge a company for trying to sell more of the things they make??!! They have no responsibility to maintain the "value" of your collection through scarcity of their product. The only reason these things retain their value is that we're all selling them to each other!!!
I think Stern should make announcements like, "Hey Pinball fans, we're considering releasing a Vault Edition of Avatar. We're gauging interest at this point. It's a lot of work to spool up the production line to rerun a game. How many people would like a chance to buy a new Avatar VE?"
I really love pinball. I love buying machines new and old. I love fixing my machines. I love modding my machines. I love playing other peoples machines. I love going to pinball conventions. I love talking to pinball people. I LOVE the tech help I've received here on Pinside.
I hate Stern Bashing. I hate JJP Bashing. There are a LOT of really petty things said here on Pinside. I keep coming back though, because this place is overwhelmingly filled with positive people who just live and breathe pinball.
I think everybody should take a few deep breaths, and remember what's important here. We are lucky to be in this hobby, and for most of us, that's what it is. I can understand that there are some people on here for whom pinball is their livelihood, and values, pricing and the like have a different impact on them. For MOST of us though, these are just really expensive toys, that make us REALLY happy.
For the most part, I try to steer clear of all the mudslinging, and fisticuffs here on Pinside.
I hope you all get a pinball machine under your tree this year. I know I will, cause I bought it myself!
For some of you, it will be a BSD in need of a lot of attention, that will soon be blowing people's minds once you get the Mist magnet working again. For some, it will be an Iron Man VE, fast and Brutal. For some it will be a NIB ACDC Premium that your local Distributor has been holding for you. For some it will be Dutch Pinball's BoP 2.0 For some it will be a Sea Witch, beautifully restored and ready to be played again for another 30 years.
If you're reading ANY of this, it's because you LOVE Pinball. You wouldn't be here on Pinside if you didn't. Best of the Season to you all.

Perfectly said.

#614 9 years ago

seriously.... i'm really looking forward to the later run TWD premium "bicycle girl" layout themed artwork with all new backbox, translite, and sideart package (with optional bicycle girl topper).

#615 9 years ago

Ahhh the Premium/Limited edition paradox.

If you go back in time and kill your own father can you still buy a Premium in the future?

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I am a collector who couldn't care less about the plaque or the exclusivity. To me, it has always boiled down to what the game looks like, and how it plays. If the LE offers what I am looking for, and I can justify the price difference, then I will buy it. I don't begrudge Stern for cashing in on the LE's. It's smart business. If they are going to charge so much more for them, though, they need to make the LE's a compelling upgrade. When you release a premium after the fact that is arguably nicer than the LE, that's a slap in the face to the early LE buyers.

Very well stated.

Question, have all the past releases that have a Premium and an LE been similar in the sense that the differences are very few and far between?

#617 9 years ago

Sterns new model makes perfect sense

If Stern produces the game and only made a pro and an LE and the game sucks, then the LE's don't sell out, no premiums would be produced and the LE's would greatly drop in value as fewer people would want the game and it will be easier and cheaper to pick up the fully featured LE on the secondary market later.

If it is a great game, then they make the premium later to satisfy all demand for the fully featured game. In this case later was just 2+ months after release.

I love this theme and wanted a premium, and the LE price has never been acceptable for me for any Stern game as I don't want to pay the usual $1000 price increase essentially for a just plaque and a backglass. With no premium announced at the start I figured I could either wait for used one if the game did poorly and the price dropped (but then do I really want the game at all if it's that bad) or the game sells well and they likely announce a premium (which is what they did). However even with that said. I still can't think of a single game other and AC/DC where the extra features are a must have. X-men plays better as a pro, Transformers plays better as a pro, Metallica plays better as a pro, haven't played enough avengers to know the difference, Star Trek pro is 99.9% identical in gameplay. And so far the LE features on the Walking dead have not played better than a pro. The bicycle ramp under shot was causing some STDM's where a full ramp shot doesn't do that, and the crossbow on the one I played couldn't make it up either ramp (and I hated the device when it was on AP)

Stern is listening to the customers and each time they make a change we bitch about the decisions made.

When Stern started producing cheaper dumbed down games, we asked them to make 2 versions, a cheaper version for ops and a fully featured versions that us collectors could buy. And they did that and we bitched. When the number of LE's made didn't satisfy demand they made premiums, and we bitched that there's too many versions.
Then we asked them to make LE's after the first pro run so that we could make sure the LE's suffer less assembly issues as the factory learns to make the game so that the LE build quality is better, but this led to the LE's not being sold out until 2 months after the pro production started, so those too impatient to wait and see what happens now bought a game they "didn't want"
We asked them to make factory add on mods, then we bitched why they aren't on the LE games. If they made these mods available for sale AND put them on the LE's we would bitch that anybody could now buy these mods and put them on their premium and essentially convert them to LE's thus limiting the true exclusive nature of the LE.

I think Stern has been hitting it out of the park for the last 4+ years, I just wish they could just keep the price down a little better.

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Subject to surprises like MMr, of course.

I hope there are more to come.

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I am a collector who couldn't care less about the plaque or the exclusivity. To me, it has always boiled down to what the game looks like, and how it plays. If the LE offers what I am looking for, and I can justify the price difference, then I will buy it. I don't begrudge Stern for cashing in on the LE's. It's smart business. If they are going to charge so much more for them, though, they need to make the LE's a compelling upgrade. When you release a premium after the fact that is arguably nicer than the LE, that's a slap in the face to the early LE buyers.

I can honestly see your point, at this point in time, if someone tried to sell me his LE, I would start at the premium price as a talking point. In other words, if the premium is $6300 and the LE seller wanted to sell me his LE, I would start the conversation at $6300 and he'd have to say why his LE is worth more than a new premium.

I totally understand depreciation, I own an XMLE and a STLE, not to mention my IMVE has lost money. So I don't take glee in the fact of TWD LEs predicament, but just saying this. We're all big boys and girls we can afford to spend $7500 on a pin we and not hurting for money obviously and that selling a used game is going to cost us money depreciation. Look at cars, look at TV sets, pool tables, Hot tubs etc.. 99.9% the used ones will suffer depreciation.

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from Vanilla_Gorilla:

Very well stated.
Question, have all the past releases that have a Premium and an LE been similar in the sense that the differences are very few and far between?

Yes,

Usually the following

Different cabinet art
Different backglass art (and usually a mirrored backglass) (I guess a translite on WDLE, although I suspect that the Avengers backglass was somehow a sticker behind the glass)
Shaker Motor already installed
Different cabinet siderails (sometimes really unique when premium gets the lollipops)
Numbered Plaque
Signatures in playfield
More clearcoat??

I think only the STLE added a few extra features that weren't just cosmetic differences (laser star field)

#621 9 years ago

I think we should all be happy that a Zombie pin was made and a damn fun one at that, nothing cheese for family content or held back for mass audience, gory dmd animations, cool evil soundtrack, fast and deadly, I can't stop playing it. So sure Stern should have done this and that, they made some mistakes and caused some disappointment however I'm rejoicing in the fact that this is the darkest and most graphic pin to date in my eyes anyway.

#622 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Stern created this illusion of scarcity by creating limited edition machines so they should have responsibility when it comes to maintaining it. Otherwise drop the LE model and make just a pro and premium which can be unlimited. However they will not do this because LE sales are their largest profit margin considering they are getting people to pay thousands more for the model with a few upgrades and selling most of them before the machine even ships.

#623 9 years ago

Decisions, decisions who makes yours for you

#624 9 years ago

F you stern .......for taking out a premium version ...

(A few months later when they release a new title )

I love you stern ..... you are the best !!!!

#625 9 years ago

Star Trek LE is a true example of an LE model.
Real screened backglass that looks stunning, lighted and animated side armor. Lighted speaker grilles and insignias on the head. What sets the LE apart from a premium should be some real fancy eye candy that sets it apart from the Premium. I don't see that in TWDLE.

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Real screened backglass that looks stunning, lighted and animated side armor. Lighted speaker grilles and insignias on the head. What sets the LE apart from a premium should be some real fancy eye candy that sets it apart from the Premium. I don't see that in TWDLE.

Amen, brother!

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Why begrudge a company for trying to sell more of the things they make??!!

Tons of thumbs up for this post, and I don't disagree with it, but it's pretty much missing the point of discussion in this thread the way I see it.

The assumption in this post is that people are upset about the Premium announcement because it will have a negative impact on the value of the LE version. I must have missed the posts where people were complaining about that.

I think the issue has more to do with the way in which Stern is now going about the Premium release, and not offering it up front. Buy the LE to get the full featured game, because if you don't, the Premium will never be made.

#628 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

At 799 made? I don't think so.

#629 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Agreed.

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

What sets the LE apart from a premium should be some real fancy eye candy that sets it apart from the Premium. I don't see that in TWDLE.

Yet how many people still flocked to buy it and pay the premium for it? Whose to blame for it selling? Stern for making it or people for willingly paying the price for what was offered?

I don't disagree with your comments about this LE being lacking - yet hundreds of people willingly paid the markup for it. So where is the foul really?

#631 9 years ago

Is premium/LE woth the cost (on TWD)?

I would agree ST LE is largely similar playing to the pro, but full color changing inserts are a thing of beauty and by far IMO set the LE/premium above the pro (not even a debate that the premium/LE is superior, it's just a question of how much the color changing inserts add).

I've heard people say XM pro is better, but to me, :flame suit on: the XMLE art package, side armor and backglass are all superior, then the NC toys are IMO the best toys we've seen lately, then the spinning disc is way cool (can't believe anyone would say it's not), the ramp is +/- but I like it, it adds something extra, at least it's somethig of an effort, not sure either way since I have not played much of the pro, but I can disable the ramp but I don't.

So what's the deal with TWD LE? Is it worth it, or is the pro the way to go?

#632 9 years ago

Do you want Stern to stay in business? Then let them maximize their profits so they can stay in business longer. More games they sell, the better for the long haul. Why should they limit their production entirely? Remember, pinball NIB investment has a 98% chance of taking a loss. It's the way it's always been. If you can't comprehend that, then you deserve to lose money. Shouldn't be buying for investment. If you don't care, than you should not care about the premium in any way shape, or form. You bought what you wanted. Be happy with it. Let stern thrive any way they can, so they can continue to crank out games. They make more different games than anyone else. Least we get some variety to choose from. Personally, I want to see more new stuff I havn't played on location. Entices me to play routed games. Who wants to play the shit they own or have play 100's of times out on route? I don't.

#633 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At 799 made? I don't think so.

The number made doesn't take away from its unique extras....I bought STLE because of the rad extra lighting stuff, not cuz of the limitedness.

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I can't believe the outrage about this announcement. I own a TWDLE, and I couldn't care less how many versions Stern releases of this or ANY pinball machine. If the hobby continues to grow, I hope they make Vault Editions of EVERYTHING.It has always struck me as EXTREMELY strange that there is an expectation that these machines should hold their value, or increase, and that Stern has the responsibility to carefully maintain this illusion of scarcity...

From what I am reading, it isn't that people are mad the value of the LEs are going down. It is that they paid $1500 extra for an LE which turns out to be exactly the same as the premium. And they feel like they were cheated out of $1500. Snarky people like to say "first world problems" but $1500 is a good chunk of change.

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

From what I am reading, it isn't that people are mad the value of the LEs are going down. It is that they paid $1500 extra for an LE which turns out to be exactly the same as the premium. And they feel like they were cheated out of $1500. Snarky people like to say "first world problems" but $1500 is a good chunk of change.

except it's not $1500, difference on MSRP on Stern's site is $1100 but I think in reality its still much less than that.

#636 9 years ago

The first world problem argument, and the stop whining argument, and the should not be investing in pinball argument, etc, etc, are all oversimplifications of what is annoying people. And it is NOT Stern bashing (there are a lot of comments here from big Stern supporters). The fact is that Stern took a big old risk dump onto the faces of their customers. ALL the risk of a possible premium being produced was borne by the customers. That is an undeniable fact. How they responded to that risk being on their head is a matter of personal choice and is not really the issue.. although most of the heated discussion revolves around what people did and how they are whining about it and how they shouldn't whine about it blah blah.
I did not buy either a Pro or LE, because I thought there was a chance that a Premium would get made. I should not be congratulated for that. I am not crowing about that. That was simply a punt that paid of in this case (plenty of others DON'T pay off). The point is though that I was NEVER happy having to make that bet. And plenty of people are very conservative and don't like betting at all. So someone who wanted a full playfield had to also pay for bling, but they also paid to REDUCE THE RISK OF STERN. People are pissed because the manufacturer used them for insurance. Go back and have a look at the Metallica release. Beautiful. All three models, a simply gorgeous LE that felt like an LE, plenty of machines sold, everybody happy. Stern took the risk that it would be a hit and they were right. It's a bit shitty that they made us take that risk this time around. And I am NOT complaining about pricing effects. If you want to know what I think about pricing discussions go read this..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parade-of-idiots

#637 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How they responded to that risk being on their head is a matter of personal choice and is not really the issue..

Well I personally think its a huge part of the issue, but I'm loving this new wave thinking where everyone but oneself is responsible for ones own actions.

#638 9 years ago

I'm certainly not trying to be snarky. I did my best to be positive in that post. I guess I just don't see why it matters. I bought an LE. I knew there might someday (soon) be a Premium. I HAD to know that right?? It seemed very strange that there wasn't one announced from the start.

I figured, an announcement would come if sales of the LE were strong. If you decided to buy the LE, you got an amazing pinball machine that is in fact Limited in production. If this machine is as successful as I hope it's going to be (For Pinball's sake, for Stern's Sake, For Bog's sake etc etc), then there may even be several Premium runs.

There is a lot of discussion of what is Limited and what isn't, and how some Premiums are technically more "limited"??!! The LEs are a set number. They are limited to that number. 799 is not limited??!! Maybe it's a large number in terms of pinball production... But if there is 799 of something on Earth, it's an extremely limited item.

Money is always touchy. $1500 is not small change by any stretch.

I apologize if I was a little off topic for this thread. I suppose I was responding to the more typical general outrage I often come across on Pinside, and tried to sum it up here.

I guess I'm just over the anti-Stern sentiment. They kept pinball alive, they are making incredible machines, and everybody I've met from the company is a dyed in the wool pinball freak. I truly want them to do well. Same with JJP, and Spooky, and anybody making great Pinball machines.

#639 9 years ago

If you made the most informed decision you could at the time you did then why beat yourselves up about it, if you didn't then please call yourself a taxi to "Bliss" I hear it is wonderful there all year round. Wish I lived there myself

Nearly everyone on this forum knew prems were a possibility so that was hopefully part of the informed decision making process for folks, I agree it would have been nice to know in advance what was around the corner but you might not ever get off the pot with that philosophy................

Enjoy your TWDs wherever you live

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That was beautiful Maple. You had me at "I can't Believe"!

#641 9 years ago

Curious: What would be the response if Pro and Premium were released, then 3, or 6, or 12 months later an LE came out? Everyone still happy? Is that more acceptable?

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

LE owners definetly paid a premium just for the numbered plaque and even though Im not a fan of the armor color on the LE, the lollipops/button wear area protection is nice. I hear the color looks better in person so maybe that is the case.

Don't forget the LE "Don't Open Dead Inside" Theme all over the cabinetry art work. ...And all the aftermarket goodies you can find...

dodi fleece.jpgdodi fleece.jpg

dont open dead inside fleese.jpgdont open dead inside fleese.jpg

And for the Premium Fish Tank Themed buyers...
http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Fish-Fleece-Blanket/dp/B00LCO9022

fishtank fleece.jpgfishtank fleece.jpg

And of course we all know what makes the LE great - the rust armor!
Posted in the class action armor thread:

You know if the LE originally came with the blood splattered black armor and Stern offered the rust colored armor as a stately expensive option that matched the LE cabinetry to a T to elevate the LE to a higher level of refinement, everyone would be bitching the LE should have came with that in the first place too.

The rusted armor is unique to the LE and puts it a notch above the other models that will never have it and wouldn't even look right with it. It IS special, why can't people recognize that?

Be happy folks, remember it's just a toy. Different colored armor really doesn't make a lick of difference in the value of your pin if that's what your so concerned about. I think people just want what they don't have.

If it is so important to you just paint over your beautifully matched rust LE armor and make it black to make it look like every other pin out there then put your wet paint hand prints all over it.

...Or just bend over and buy Stern's ridiculously priced option and cry not, because it's exactly the same armor with an extra $1.00 of red paint on it.

Jeesh

My sympathy and apologies to LE owners that just don't get it, everyone seems to care so much about the value of their model so think about this, years from now a serious collector will value the LE the way it was meant to be and not with the black red spotted armor that everyone and his brother put on their pros and premiums.

The armor the LE came with is a unique part of what makes it THE Limited Edition model... remember that when your screwing it up.

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Curious: What would be the response if Pro and Premium were released, then 3, or 6, or 12 months later the LE came out? Everyone still happy? Is that more acceptable?

Nothing will be acceptable to the habitual "buy before you see" crowd.

#644 9 years ago

Yet another reason NEVER to buy NIB games these days.

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Nothing will be acceptable to the habitual "buy before you see" crowd.

So if today Metallica Ride the Lightning LE came out, do I get to riot because I bought a premium and I wanted a RTL LE? At the time, it wasn't an option so I was "FORCED" to "RISK" buying the premium (not MOPLE as it wasn't my heart's desire), but I really wanted a RTL LE....

I hope they never find out about new versions of gaming consoles, vehicles, watches, shirts, soda cans, doritos....

#646 9 years ago

So if today Metallica Ride the Lightning LE came out, do I get to riot because I bought a premium and I wanted a RTL LE? At the time, it wasn't an option so I was "FORCED" to "RISK" buying the premium (not MOPLE as it wasn't my heart's desire), but I really wanted a RTL LE....
I hope they never find out about new versions of gaming consoles, vehicles, watches, shirts, soda cans, doritos....

Ha Ha Ha............right on brother.

#647 9 years ago

BTW, that War looks bad ass. Is it pretty fun? I've never seen that before...

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is not a Backglass. It is just a mirrored translight.
I'm still excited about my TWD LE that is going to be shipped to me today (Refinary Edition, can't wait!) but I am less than enthused about Stern right now. I will be buying JJP or Spooky for my next game.

You won't be disappointed Tigerlaw. It's a total package game and I gotta admit, the LE has the best artwork.

Now onto my upcoming bill to be on the black and red armor for a measly $500 clams, after I bought the Govs fishtank topper and the side art.

I am such a glutton for punishment...and cool...definitely cool...

#649 9 years ago

Think you guys are bitchen' now, wait til they release three versions of Jaws.

#650 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The number made doesn't take away from its unique extras....I bought STLE because of the rad extra lighting stuff, not cuz of the limitedness.

Never said it did. As you recall, I bought STLE for those same unique extras myself.

He said it was a true LIMITED edition. I say nay nay because of the number of them that were made.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
There are 1,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-wtf/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.