Topic Stats

• 1,080 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BGRampDamage.jpg
untitled.png
image-196.jpg
image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image-976.jpg
image-245.jpg
image.jpg
look.gif
image.jpg
Screenshot_2014-12-15-07-37-42.png
2528757-7604434288-13708.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.46.38 PM.png
shiny.jpg
469.jpg
sucker.jpg

There are 1076 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
#1 4 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/a.386178974243.167508.136972659243/10152888112404244/?type=1&theater

Here we go - no we wont do it, ah fuck it we did it

Stern Pinball Announces Premium Edition of AMC’s The Walking Dead Pinball

Strong Demand Results in Premium Edition Offering from the World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Machines

MELROSE PARK, IL – December 11, 2014 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today the availability of the Premium Edition of AMC’s The Walking Dead pinball machine. This is in response to continued strong demand for the title.

The Walking Dead Premium Edition offers the same fan-favorite game play as the sold-out LE model, full of extra features such as additional targets, a special-effect fish tank with illuminated sculpted zombie heads, and a player-controlled motorized crossbow pinball launcher. A new high-definition art package adds to the player’s experience of battling zombies and completing game missions. The Premium Edition rounds out the three model lineup of AMC’s The Walking Dead Pinball, which includes Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

“It’s great to see both old and new fans so excited about with The Walking Dead machine, which is why we’re offering the Premium Edition,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball.

Pricing and Availability:
Premium Edition: $7,595 (MSRP)
10374495_10152888112404244_8379899156837559961_n.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Well this thread will be fun to watch

#3 4 years ago

Cranking them out. This is what happens when the LEs sell well....

#4 4 years ago

I told you so

#5 4 years ago

Looks better than the LE, except maybe for the backglass. Cab looks great! Maybe LE buyers should have waited?

#6 4 years ago

Dam it lOOks Good ,, Better than the LE ... Anyone want to buy a mod'd Kick Azz Pro from me !!

I Dig the Translite & the color detail'd cab-art ... ,, Nahh ,, I'll keep my Pro

#7 4 years ago

Hah! I knew premiums had to come out one day - wasn't expecting them to be basically the same price as the LE. Had they been a few bucks more than the Pro, I would have upgraded, but not even remotely thinking about it at that price. Besides, the Pro package still has the best cabinet art of all of them. Now to just swap out the translite with the LE version... At least it's really refreshing to see a mature, adult themed pinball machine not only coming from STERN, but also selling well for them. Hopefully this paves the way for more "edgy" pins in the future and not just the safe, cookie cutter stuff.

#8 4 years ago

MSRP is $1100 cheaper than the LE. Not quite the same price

Quoted from T-800:

Hah! I knew premiums had to come out one day - wasn't expecting them to be basically the same price as the LE.

#9 4 years ago

cab looks good, but I still think the translite/backglass is better on the LE model.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hah! I knew premiums had to come out one day - wasn't expecting them to be basically the same price as the LE. Had they been a few bucks more than the Pro, I would have upgraded, but not even remotely thinking about it at that price. Besides, the Pro package still has the best cabinet art of all of them. Now to just swap out the translite with the LE version... At least it's really refreshing to see a mature, adult themed pinball machine not only coming from STERN, but also selling well for them. Hopefully this paves the way for more "edgy" pins in the future and not just the safe, cookie cutter stuff.

Not the same price, the real street price for this prem should be around 6200-6500

#11 4 years ago

Damn, I have the LE but I really like the looks of the premium model better. Digging the translite and the cabinet. There, I said it!!

#12 4 years ago

Yup that sucks. I just got my pro on Monday and probably would have bought this instead. Grrrrrr

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Damn, I have the LE but I really like the looks of the premium model better. Digging the translite and the cabinet. There, I said it!!

Twss

#14 4 years ago

The cab looks good, but that big, in-you-face, banner logo across the middle of the Translite/backglass ain't a thing of beauty...

#15 4 years ago

Wow... I like the way that looks.

#16 4 years ago

Ha! Where are all the Pinsiders now who said I was wrong when I called this?

Wankers!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The cab looks good, but that big, in-you-face, banner logo across the middle of the Translite/backglass ain't a thing of beauty...

That's what I'm thinking. I like the cabinet art on the premium over the LE, but the translite not as much. Too much AMC and I would rather see zombies over floating zombie heads.

#18 4 years ago

I guess the "TWD Black - Limited Edition" is next like Spiderman

#19 4 years ago

Yep, I would have bought the premium version, then took the extra money and bought the added Stern mods.

#20 4 years ago

Well, I guess the bright side is I like my LE art better and personally I prefer the Pro colors to the Premium, but definitely a dick move. Especially since they had it planned all along.

Edit: To clarify, anyone with an LE, just had to look at their playfield the first time it was raised to see they had the premium planned.

Oh and I HATE the AMC logo running through the Premium translite. At the bottom and it would have been fine, as the rest of the art looks pretty cool from what I can tell.

#21 4 years ago

I don't like the backglass on this new one. Boring.....

#22 4 years ago

But, I don't know if the fish tank mod topper would have been too much once added to the premium because of the translite. HHmmm!

#23 4 years ago

Writing was on the wall....nobody is getting "dicked" over. New Stern practice....wait till the LE sells out, then announce Premium. Good business sense.

#24 4 years ago

Nice to see that Stern is now pulling fast ones like JJP did with the WOZRR75. I didn't get this machine, but I am planning on getting at least two Sterns in the next couple years, and doing this makes me wonder if I should get in on LEs, or just sit tight and hope for a premium. (Although I still like the LE cab better on this machine.)

#25 4 years ago

Soooo what do you get on the LE that's worth $1100 more. That's a good chunk-a-change.

#26 4 years ago

In all fairness to Stern, I do believe they said early on that there could be a premium if the demand was strong enough. At least I'm pretty sure I recall reading that. I guess that translated to sold out LEs.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Writing was on the wall....nobody is getting "dicked" over. New Stern practice....wait till the LE sells out, then announce Premium. Good business sense.

I agree...but the LE should still be head and shoulders above the premium so that people who bought in don't feel slighted. As a consumer, it would be nice to see what all the options are before making a decision.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Soooo what do you get on the LE that's worth $1100 more. That's a good chunk-a-change.

Backglass, signature, numbered plate, and rust colored amour.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree...but the LE should still be head and shoulders above the premium so that people who bought in don't feel slighted. As a consumer, it would be nice to see what all the options are before making a decision.

The problem is, art is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Premium ST looks best, but others on here swear by the LE.

#30 4 years ago

Does TWDP (the walking dead premium) take precident over MMRLEs ?!

#31 4 years ago

Saw this on facebook and came to see how on fire pinside was.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Cab art is the big one to me. I'm actually replacing the rust colored armor as that was the only negative and in the promo art it looked like it had a metallic flake look, it's pretty much just brown with flecks of black.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

.but the LE should still be head and shoulders above the premium so that people who bought in don't feel slighted.

that has never been the case. the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Brown powder-coating and a number plate.

#35 4 years ago

The best way to solve this problem is to just have the premium and pro. The LEs just seem to cause anger, jealousy, controversy, and ultimately disgruntled customers. I try to think of how much more friendly the forums could be.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Does TWDP (the Walking Dead premium) take precident over MMRLEs ?!

It better. Besides they have a line for assembly of mmr that's been sitting vacant for months. Waiting on pps.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Does TWDP (the Walking Dead premium) take precident over MMRLEs ?!

Better not

#38 4 years ago

You forgot to add more money in Stern's pocket. They are holding the threat of no Premiums over our heads to sell out the LE's, then they release the Premium when they cashed in on the LE's.

It's basically a bait and switch.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The LEs just seem to cause anger, jealousy, controversy, and ultimately disgruntled customers.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The best way to solve this problem is to just have the premium and pro. The LEs just seem to cause anger, jealousy, controversy, and ultimately disgruntled customers. I try to think of how much more friendly the forums could be.

Not a terrible idea....as long as Stern sells lots of accessories for each model, including limited alternative translites/backglasses.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If that is all that is different then I feel bad for all LE owners.

#41 4 years ago

More sales = better software. I'm all for it.

#42 4 years ago

I'm really surprised by how many people, including current LE owners, are saying that the Premium looks better than the LE.

Are you guys insane?

#43 4 years ago

Features matrix.

Edit. Nevermind, PDF not working. The only differences are the colored armour, the "mirrored backglass", signitures and LE plate. And of course the cabinet art package is different.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You forgot to add more money in Stern's pocket. They are holding the threat of no Premiums over our heads to sell out the LE's, then they release the Premium when they cashed in on the LE's.
It's basically a bait and switch.

Exactly.

It's ridiculous. It only helps Stern and their distributors to sell more LEs quicker based on the fear that they will sell out and no Premium model will be released. It's a BS model from the consumer's standpoint.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm really surprised by how many people, including current LE owners, are saying that the Premium looks better than the LE. Are you guys insane?

No, they may just like green over brown. The LE cabinet looks like puke/blood/dirt, and the brown trim is kinda ugly. This one has actual sideart.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm really surprised by how many people, including current LE owners, are saying that the Premium looks better than the LE.
Are you guys insane?

Maybe insane that we believed Stern wasn't producing Premiums...

#47 4 years ago

LE looks imho much much better. See, Fishtank in the upper right corner, Fishtank as an Topper if you ordered one and in addition Fishtank on the Backglass. Is looking more than a Fishtales

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you guys insane?

I agree. Personally given the choice (as we should have been from the beginning) I'd have still gone LE. I ended up loving the cab art, once I got over the crappy brown armor which conveniently enough they're offering a replacement for. Someone at Stern is very clever. And a total a-hole. lol

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
It's ridiculous. It only helps Stern and their distributors to sell more LEs quicker based on the fear that they will sell out and no Premium model will be released. It's a BS model from the consumer's standpoint.

It's not BS. It's good business sense.

I saw this coming. Why didn't you?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

I don't like the backglass on this new one. Boring.....

me neither, banner too larger and heads repetitive, LE glass looks better...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 499.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1076 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside