Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Wanted your thoughts on whether is worth the added 1600 to buy a premium. Pro plays great and has outstanding code. Would love to here from people that have owned or played both. I had a Mople and went to a pro and was completely satisfied

lmk. Thx

#3 7 years ago

I haven't played the Premium since walker bombs, but always thought the pro stacked up well. I also think it's much easier to resell a pro than a premium (if that's a possibility down the road). I think the $6k+ pin market is getting tapped out personally.

#4 7 years ago

I am not planning on selling. If you have not gotten to play a good pro, you may give mine a whirl since local. I have not played a premium with bombs, but the pro is brutal and fun. It is not a good game if you're bad at pinball. I have a custom mod on mine atm that at least allows my friends to play it. If you get a premium or LE, I would love to bring a 6 pack and give it a test!

#5 7 years ago

I thought long and hard on it and played both before deciding on the Pro (mostly so I could afford the Ghostbusters Premium too).

The crossbow is fun, but not a huge deal... mostly I will miss the second magnet and zombie/walker bombs. Not a big fan of bicycle girl.

Also, I like the colors for the (otherwise identical) cabinet art on the Pro waaaaaay more than the Premium (though LE has the best package, so if you can find one locally and want to show off the cabinet that'd be the one to get).

If I can find a good deal on the LE in a few years, I will probably trade/sell the Pro.

The important thing is you'll have fun with either model (and even if you get the Pro, many people like it more than non-WD Premium and LE models, so you are getting a lot of bang for your buck).

You may also wish to see this similar (and longer) thread hashing out the same issue

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-pro-or-premiumle

#6 7 years ago

I would go pro... Played a lot premium at friends home. Never played the pro before and bang love it. IMO its faster to play and it saves money

#8 7 years ago

Both are good but the premium is just that much better due to all ths extras. If you really like the game id get the premium bc the red /white lightshow is amazing , rgb inserts help know what to shoot for, extra magnet and drop target are nice, the crossbow has a frenzy mode and is fun to shoot, the lift ramp and extra bash toy are cool once dialed in, fish tank let u know when ramp is ready for multi kills and looks nice,, spinners are always awesome to hit and the walker bombs really add a lot of strategy to all ready awesome ruleset.

#9 7 years ago

Premium.

#10 7 years ago

Wouldnt waste your money on the premium, the pro is a better game and value

The art package is better on the pro

The bg ramp is awful on the prem. Steeper, floppy, really ruins the feel of the shot not to mention hitting the ramp over and over feels better than bashing the head

I generally like extra mags, but the ww one isnt that active

The pop up for woodbury would be good, but can also be bad if you want to get the ball up in the pops eg riot mode

The spinner is better but doesnt add that much

The crossbow, I really dont like these kind of shooters eg acdc cannon, t2, not saying hitting the shot with the flippers is better but just a not fun toy

Walker bombs, big deal, there is already alot to do and alot of stategy to this game

Anyways what Im getting at is most of the 'upgrades' are either a wash or make the game worse so its not worth the extra money. But either way, both still are great games and highly worth seeking out.

#11 7 years ago

Pro all day.

#12 7 years ago

Premium all day and all night.

Need a poll.

#13 7 years ago

Questions to all premium owners:

Can you get the BG ramp smooth with no air balls with tweeting?

Also has anyone put a pro translite in a premium ?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Questions to all premium owners:

Absolutely. Took me about 10 mins to tweak the ramp when I first received my premium, then the thing flowed smoothe like buttah.

#15 7 years ago

Premium without a doubt on this model. Spinners, light show/RGB inserts/Fish tank, extra magnet, drop target on wood shot, crossbow (although not a deal breaker), lifting ramp with bash toy...and walker bombs. I'm not always a proponent of the Premium, but in this case...the two are different enough to make it work the extra coin.

#16 7 years ago

Ok..... Here's where I'm at. With sterns new pricing at 5k and 6.7k
Things I add to every pro just to make the way I want equal to premium

Pro
Apron 60
Lockdown 60
Latch 45
Support rails 60 plus 20 shipping for above

LEDs minimum 150
Fish tank if I could find 150

Total 540
So bare minimum the I would have into a pro would be 5540

For an extra 1160 would get

Crossbow
Spinners
Color changing GI
Walker magnet
Lift ramp
Bash toy walker
Extra code
Extra drop target
Walker bombs and fire button
Able to get fishtank 100%

Doesn't sound as bad that way. Would buy a pro translite for it though

Very hard desision

#17 7 years ago

If you a big fan of game aesthetic factors (lighting paired with sound FX) that draw you into the experience, no question, premium is the way to go.

Why not just buy this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-walking-dead-premium-loaded-6100

You could buy it and pick it up in a (long) day trip.

#18 7 years ago

Great price but a little too far

#19 7 years ago

I have not played the pro. But I will make a general statement... In my opinion, I personally think it is easier to re-sell a premium. But if you are going to hold on to this long term and you are happy with the pro, get the pro. It saves you money.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I have zero airballs on mine. However the ramp is steep and that does create some rejects that can be frustrating at times. Mostly it's a non issue. To me the premium is worth it for the lighting and the walker bombs. I could honestly take or leave the rest.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I have zero airballs on mine. However the ramp is steep and that does create some rejects that can be frustrating at times. Mostly it's a non issue. To me the premium is worth it for the lighting and the walker bombs. I could honestly take or leave the rest.

Have the occasional reject, too...and while frustrating when it happens, I never feel like the rejected shot was all that solid of a shot to begin with (if you know what I mean). Good shots seems to hit the ramp just fine.

#22 7 years ago

Premium and full features all the way.

#23 7 years ago

One thing that bothered be was the moving BG ramp, if the premium didn't have this, I'd be much more leaning towards the premium. Airballs, not as smooth a shot and meh about the extra bash toy.

#24 7 years ago

I played the LE and the PRO and the thing I hated the most wast the Bicycle Girl Ramp on the LE but what I miss the most out of the pro is the spinners and the woodbury drop target. I could do without the crossbow, the fish tank and the powder coated armor.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ok..... Here's where I'm at. With sterns new pricing at 5k and 6.7k
Things I add to every pro just to make the way I want equal to premium
Pro
Apron 60
Lockdown 60
Latch 45
Support rails 60 plus 20 shipping for above
LEDs minimum 150
Fish tank if I could find 150
Total 540
So bare minimum the I would have into a pro would be 5540
For an extra 1160 would get
Crossbow
Spinners
Color changing GI
Walker magnet
Lift ramp
Bash toy walker
Extra code
Extra drop target
Walker bombs and fire button
Able to get fishtank 100%
Doesn't sound as bad that way. Would buy a pro translite for it though
Very hard desision

O yea I forgot that premiums went up.... I bought my premium right before that was implemented so it made my choice alot easier considering it was 400-500 less than current pricing and I got some upgrades also.

#26 7 years ago

Also, I bought a Met pro (simpler machine) and I have zero regrets. Ok it's missing spinners but other than that I'm not too concerned cross, the snake jaw or the hammer. I'm sure they are ok, but I think the Met pro is perfectly acceptable and might actually be better for being less moving pieces (friend bought a nib met premium and has no ends of problems with the hammer/ball lock).

I just think (IMO) the moving BG ramp is good and bad (depending on how you like it) and I don't want to pay extra if it's going to be something I have to live with rather than something I like/prefer.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also, I bought a Met pro (simpler machine) and I have zero regrets. Ok it's missing spinners but other than that I'm not too concerned cross, the snake jaw or the hammer. I'm sure they are ok, but I think the Met pro is perfectly acceptable and might actually be better for being less moving pieces (friend bought a nib met premium and has no ends of problems with the hammer/ball lock).
I just think (IMO) the moving BG ramp is good and bad (depending on how you like it) and I don't want to pay extra if it's going to be something I have to live with rather than something I like/prefer.

IMO it gives diversity to that shot / ball movement (up vs down...bash vs ramp).

#28 7 years ago

I just went through this same decision and ended up ordering a Premium a few days ago. I read all the discussions for or against the Premium. I have played both and just thought the Premium had more to offer and had me wanting to keep playing. I like the added features of the crossbow, BG bash toy, Woodbury target, 2nd magnet, spinners and light show. Can't wait to play this thing in a couple of days!

#29 7 years ago

LE/Prem all day everyday over the Pro on this particular title for the added game play features it offers. If the BG ramp is a "blah" for you, just disable it in the settings.

#30 7 years ago

Premium if you intend to mod the crap out of it and plan to keep the game. Pro if you just want to take it out for a spin and have fun. You see pinball is alot like a woman ...

#31 7 years ago

After a day and researching and watching videos here is where I am at. I watched a lot of video and watched how much certain features interacted with the game play.

As far as looks to me hands down the pro wins...... Except for the LE. ( premium translite looks ASS )
BG ramp I prefer on the pro.... was thinking of mounting a head underneath and lighting when active for effect
WW guts... No big deal I can order for the pro
WW magnet.... After watching lots of video it does not interact that much. Also previous premium owner posts, many are disabling. WTF
Love the spinners and woodbury target.
Crossbow does not get used often. Looks cool but does not get utilized that well. ( Kinda lame in gameplay )
Walker bombs are great feature.
Fishtank.... ( Love It ) Found a Lazeriffic one.
Both have plastic aprons but I can replace the pro with metal. ( cannot do with premium )
Love the original style lockdown, latch and work rails on the premium .... can add to pro for 150 dollars.
Color changing GI is fair at best ( way too much red )... Not like Met premium or AcDc Premium.
Color changing inserts I like.
Both need a shaker.
No colored powder coating on either.
Both have a full drop target bank.

After much debate I am leaning towards a PRO.... I look at all options against price difference. Too many premium owners are saying just disable the feature if you dont.... Isnt that the whole point of buying a premium.

Had a MOPLe and and after a few years went with a PRO as the hammer was 50/60% at best. ( Loved The GI but I can get now )
Played a PRO and bought a ACDC LTBR.
Have a Tron PRO with ELIs proto ramp kit and a ton of mods.
Played a ST Premium and PRO... Bought a PRO but would definately love an LE
TWD...... Leaning towards a PRO but still unsure.

#32 7 years ago

Never heard of disabling the magnet lol. I love the extra magnet and it helps out quite a bit in most cases on mine. The lightshow is one my favorites on twd premium and really fits the theme and does some amazing stuff once u get into the game a little deeper especially horde mode. i own met with total light show and luci and twd lightshow is just as good or better in some cases and is very eerie and is a must with the zombie theme imo. Id recommend playing both in a dark setting to get a feel and full effect of everything the premium has to offer. I know your a few hours away but your welcome to come hang and play pinball for a day and play some really nice and dialed in pins. Ive had a few people over the last few weeks that have did a complete 180 on twd and now love it after playing mine. If u think its a long time keeper id get the premium as it just offer thst much more in home use setting.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I played the LE and the PRO and the thing I hated the most wast the Bicycle Girl Ramp on the LE but what I miss the most out of the pro is the spinners and the woodbury drop target. I could do without the crossbow, the fish tank and the powder coated armor.

This for me also, I love my PRO.

#34 7 years ago

Played both. If i had the money id go premium. Light show, cycle girl, walker bombs. Cab decals on pro are better imo.

#35 7 years ago

The walker bomb comes in real handy if you get HORDE going. Very important to have to keep that mode going.
I have owned both and the pro is great too, but I am 100% happy with the premium.
Plus the fish tank topper looks great too, add another $400 .
I personally feel, that this is Lymans best rule set.

#36 7 years ago

Pro
Premium has retarded cross bow
And still left ramp On the pro is way better and smoother

#37 7 years ago

Premium - it's more immersive - the sum is greater than the parts for the differences. FWIW I know multiple previous pro owners that upgraded.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Premium has retarded cross bow
And still left ramp On the pro is way better and smoother

I like the cross bow. And the variation of the left ramp/bash target.

#39 7 years ago

Really hard to gauge impact of features on video

#40 7 years ago

Premium is much easier then the pro too and the left ramp just flows much better on the pro
As Macho man would say
Snap into a pro bro

#41 7 years ago

Ive played both pro for the win

#42 7 years ago

AND MY FINAL DECSION IS............ After debating on this all night I decided on the premium . Here's my logic.... If I add all the metal aprons latch lockdown fishtank and some premium LEDs it will cost me 450/500 bucks to the top is the pro. Most of those things don't add any value at the end of the day.

So to get the walker bombs, color changers , bash toy , ramp , crossbow , magnets,spinners and extra target the difference is only about 1200 bucks. If that's gonna make or break me I better get out of pinball

Gonna order a Pro translite. Anyone have one

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Gonna order a Pro translite. Anyone have one

Marco has them. Check their website.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

After debating on this all night I decided on the premium

great choice, you won't be disappointed with the decision!

#45 7 years ago

Great decision TWD is a killer title and either way you can't go wrong

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Great decision TWD is a killer title and either way you can't go wrong

I agree with this... great pinball is great pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-or-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.