• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0818152043a.jpg
0821151716.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Got my fist nib pin! Now, hoping some people can help, as there is just so much out there. Out of the box, it is brutal. It seems almost everything is either sdtm or banging off the slings to the outlanes. What am I missing here. It seems the magnet in front of the prison just drops it right down the middle! I think i need to add a little bit bigger rubber coming out of the pops. Any other ideas? Thanks all!

#2 8 years ago

Congrats on the new pin . Also hello to a fellow Hoosier . I lived in Columbus just north of you . It is a great and brutal game . As you said add a slightly bigger rubber in the post next to the ramp coming out of the pops to help that . The prison magnet trick is tapping your flippers to start the mode and the gall wiggles a little . There are a few other tricks you can do but it is a rough pin . There are a few threads on wd mods on here . Have fun

#3 8 years ago

Make sure you are on the latest code 1.28 as it corrected some of those magnet SDTM issues. Congrats on the purchase

#4 8 years ago

Yea, got the newest code, first thing I did! Just had a great game put up 111 mill. Still not sure what I am doing, and have no idea what modes there are. It seems like I am always just trying to smash the prison or walker!

#5 8 years ago

Nice work on the new pin, IMHO don't waste your time on a thicker post rubber next to the ramp, the tunnel shot is extremely tight, why make it worse, you just need more game time to get your head around this punishing SOB machine, once you knock down the drops & light up dead features Tunnel is one of the 1st go to modes Big points especially when X2 is lit, You can back off the sling shot coil power doesn't make a huge difference, give yourself extra tilt warnings & nudge, SDTM can be a pain but you get use't to it, Drops are the key to this game since the latest code,

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Make sure you are on the latest code 1.28 as it corrected some of those magnet SDTM issues.

Why do you say that? Not correct imo and ime. And looking at the code text file reveals no magnet feature updates listed.
'
'

OP, many people get magnet stdms because they don't realize that the magnet is part of active play on the machine. Use a flipper to pulse the magnet before the magnet releases the ball. No need to do it early, but you can be too late. IME, the magnet pulsing will have inherent randomness based on which flipper was used (or both), how it was used (e.g, quick tap, longer tap, multiple taps), and the timing of the tap. You can also pulse the magnet in general play as the ball travels over it by tapping the flippers.

Take the time to make sure the pf is level and pitched correctly, and not by levelling the glass for example.

I find the machine rewards precise shots; it punishes bad shots and banging away to keep the pinball(s) in play. Nudging when an obvious arc to a drain is identified makes a big difference as well. I find I get many more drains when I play lazy. This game has made me a much better player.

There are a few really good threads to read about game play on the machine, rules, and strategies. They may be long, but they are worth going through and won't take too long. Check them out when you can. The code update text files from stern also has good information.

Congratulations on the NIB and hope you enjoy the game. There is a lot of challenge and depth to TWD with many great features. Hope this helps.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks for the tips everyone! I was getting a little upset at all of the pop drains, so I found a fix for it. I slit a post rubber and placed it around the wire underneath the ramp, as it seemed all drains came when the ball would hit around the middle of that wire and go sdtm. So far so good, havent had a drain since and it doesnt make the tunnel shot any harder.

#8 8 years ago

Make sure to add the voice mod from cleland or milhouse they have threads on here and check my posts for mods and help areas

#9 8 years ago

You will be happy with the milhouse voice mod. He changed the music in most parts of the game and made it so much more enjoyable!

#10 8 years ago

Cut one of those post rubbers in half and put one on each outlane plastic.
You can put star posts in the outlanes that are larger diameter.
You can also buy these from yoyokopter
Look for topic
Save posts for twd

0821151716.jpg0821151716.jpg

0818152043a.jpg0818152043a.jpg

#11 8 years ago

so, my fix for pop drains hasnt been as successful as I had hoped. How do those without the pop drains have their machines leveled? I have tried multiple ways but still get them a lot.

#12 8 years ago

I just put a small piece of self stick felt, or Velcro half to divert the ball to the flippers at the end of the metal ramp.......

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

so, my fix for pop drains hasnt been as successful as I had hoped. How do those without the pop drains have their machines leveled? I have tried multiple ways but still get them a lot.

A larger (Bally/Williams) post sleeve on the post at the bottom left of the right ramp.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

A larger (Bally/Williams) post sleeve on the post at the bottom left of the right ramp.

Wouldn't that make the tunnel shot through the pops harder?

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wouldn't that make the tunnel shot through the pops harder?

The difference is extremely minimal - probably less than 1/16 of an inch. But it's enough that the ball gets a small bump to push it over to the left flipper. Note - it's a normal size B/W post sleeve, not an extra large one. The B/W post sleeves are slightly larger than the current Stern ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 8.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-help-with-set-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.