• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-534.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

Numerous comment on the issue already, but I'd like to hear from others with respect to the following:
What would be removed from the LE to make a Premium? Side armor and mirrored back glass? This time around, there's no shaker in the pin. There aren't any cool looking side lights like StarTrek either. It would be a first if they're moved any gameplay parts (crossbow for example).
This leads me to think that maybe there won't be a Premium version.
I had thought for sure there will be since there's been not one, but two different Premiums for both ACDC and Metallica.
I'm not sure I the argument that Stern hasn't sold many Premiums recently. If you are talking Mustang, I would expect none of the models sold terribly well.
Still, all I really do know is the I want a Premium with all the toys of an LE, at a lower price.
Really not so confident it'll happen for TWD.
One thing that sucks is having to layout cash for a pin you've never played, but if Lyman's doing code, I would be willing to bet the code will be awesome -even if there's a wait.

#2 9 years ago

Possible to make another thread about it? Yes I think so.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Possible to make another thread about it? Yes I think so.

Which is strange because I would have thought it was NOT possible just minutes ago

#4 9 years ago

I have an insider at Stern that said Gary told the janitor if pinside has at least 100 threads demanding and or speculating on the prospects of a premium twd, he's going to do it. Additionally, if he counts no less than 5,000 instances referring to: stern left money on the table, I'm out if no premium or stern is stupid for not making a premium, he'll pull the trigger on building said premium.

By my count, we're a quarter of the way there. "Power to the people!"

#5 9 years ago

I heard Hitler is making a video, he's pissed if there's no Premium.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for being such dicks guys!
It's an honest question and if you don't want to read more about it, don't click on the link!

Stern may have made a major change to the way they're producing pins and it's going to be talked about.
Deal with it.

#7 9 years ago

Tron = no premium
Xmen = no premium
Transformers = no premium
Avengers DID have a premium but they are the rarest of the versions.
I haven't really seen THAT many star trek premiums.

Not sure why people can't fathom the fact that there'll be no premium TWD.

Stern has enough on their plate to worry about making yet another art package for a premium that isn't really going to move many units. Gary is a smart man and pretty much knows what's going to make him the most money.

I fully support the deletion of premiums. LE's and pro's is all it should be. And "vault" editions should be reissues of the base pro model or in IM's case the only model that was available.

/off soap box

#8 9 years ago

If the LE sells out from distributors and the price goes up on the secondary market... They will make a special edition premium. And if the LEs hang around, they won't make a premium. Pay to play the full featured game, and if not enough people do, they didn't waste effort. It's actually a better business model in my opinion. That way they can look like the hero if the market screams for the game... Just like they did with the VE of Iron Man. Having the premiums at the same time hurts LE sales because customers are saying the exact same thing you are. They want full featured games but don't want to pay for the LE. Well now that is the only option unless the game is a wild success.

#9 9 years ago

Don't take it so seriously, I put the tongue sticking out smiley face at the end of my post.

Sorry but my thread feed literally has these three topics in this order with no threads in between them:

-TWD premium edition-is it even possible?

-would you buy premium TWD?

-poll: will there be a TWD premium

Just wondering if the discussion may not be more fruitful if all in one thread. Now if you will excuse me I am going to go start five threads about which LEDS I should buy.

#10 9 years ago

So lets say they make a premium. How much will it cost? I see more money IF it happens. If Stern is true to form, the playfield will be the same, making the cabinet and backglass the only unique pieces. In the case of ST:LE, the lighted side rails, backbox lights, shaker motor, all added value and justified a higher cost.

A common theme amongst premium buyers is lower cost. With so few extra bling items, I just dont see there being a huge discount for a premium, and I dont see Stern pulling parts off the game making a 3rd playfield design to lower cost.

#11 9 years ago

I see what the OP is saying, there is not a lot to cut from the LE to make a premium, so its like they do indeed not plan on making one.

#12 9 years ago

Oy. Enough on this subject already.

image-534.jpgimage-534.jpg

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Thanks for being such dicks guys!
It's an honest question and if you don't want to read more about it, don't click on the link!
Stern may have made a major change to the way they're producing pins and it's going to be talked about.
Deal with it.

Don't be a douche and start a second thread on this topic, at least the first one had a poll. Take five seconds and do a search before posting.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from DJSLYKE:

Don't be a douche and start a second thread on this topic, at least the first one had a poll. Take five seconds and do a search before posting.

I've read as many as I can so far. Most are focused on "would you buy one" but I was hoping to hear more along the lines of whether it makes sense from a business standpoint.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I've read as many as I can so far. Most are focused on "would you buy one" but I was hoping to hear more along the lines of whether it makes sense from a business standpoint.

Why does it matter from a business standpoint? Is Stern about to become an IPO? I don't have any investments in Stern, besides the machines that I own. I couldn't care less about their balance sheets, all I care about is what's next on the line.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from DJSLYKE:

Why does it matter from a business standpoint? Is Stern about to become an IPO? I don't have any investments in Stern, besides the machines that I own. I couldn't care less about their balance sheets, all I care about is what's next on the line.

Cause many of us would wait to get a Premium if they were going to be made, but have to consider an LE or a Pro.
I won't buy a Pro so it's either extra cash for the LE now, or risking never getting one.

I am assuming that Stern would make a Premium model if it made them cash is all.

#17 9 years ago

Life is a gamble, buy a pro or an le machine. Trying to find out their finances isn't going to do anything. You might get lucky and the premium might come back. Just buy the damn thing already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-edition-is-it-even-possible and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.