44%
  • IMDN premium 70 votes
    56%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image002 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Tough tough decisions with this matchup!
Absolutely love gameplay and rules of both these titles.
Pros are great, but which premium do you prefer and why?

I’d love to hear from any owners of both titles.
Thanks all!

#2 4 years ago

Both great, but I say maiden.

#3 4 years ago

I have both and I think they’re both fantastic games. Both have very deep code with multiple achievements possible. I’ve made it further in TWD than IMDN. I’ve made it to and completed Seige, and made it to Last Man Standing (once) on TWD. The best I’ve done on Maiden is get 4 of the 10 things completed. IMDN ball times are longer and the way Elwin has so many mini-wizard modes makes lots of achievements possible. In addition, the way he forces you to focus to make shots with the upper flippers in Multiballs is genius. Most of the music on IMDN is awful in my opinion but I changed the soundtrack and now it’s great (for me).

Some of the ball drains from the pops on TWD can be infuriating.

You can’t go wrong with either but I’d go with IMDN. Good luck.

#4 4 years ago

I own both love them TWD was my first NIB but I have to go with Maiden.

#5 4 years ago

I own Imdn prem and just picked up twd pro. Maiden is a great game, bolted to the floor. Twd will be fun but prob not a keeper, yet

#6 4 years ago

Maiden, one of the best games ever made. Period. Only thing wrong with it is if you REALLLLLY hate the theme. The music can be changed though, just not really the theme so much

#7 4 years ago

I own both and enjoy playing both.

Toss a coin if you need a pick cause that's what I'd have to do.

#8 4 years ago

Such a tough decision that I dont even want to vote on it. I would say if you are a great player you may like TWD better because of its difficulty. If you are average or below you will probably like IMDN better.

I feel fortunate to be lucky enough to own both games. My TWD is a pro but my IMDN is a Premium. Two of the greatest pinball machines ever made for sure.

#9 4 years ago

Both are great games. TWD premium has shorter ball times and is a much tougher game with more rewarding shots. IMDN premium is a lot more forgiving.

For me I would pick TWD Premium. I cannot go past Lyman and Horde is the best mode in pinball. IMDN is a great all rounder.

You cannot go wrong with either game. Both are awesome

#10 4 years ago

Can't vote

MUST HAVE BOTH

#11 4 years ago

I have owned both. Sold IMDN. TWD is bolted to the floor.

IMDN is a beautiful , great shooting game. To me it felt like the same game over and over from a code standpoint.that could be to my lack of skills .

TWD , IMHO ,maybe is in the top 3 all time best coded games. A lot of argument could be made it is the best.

#12 4 years ago

I have both and think both are great games. Walking dead is more difficult with shorter ball times but when you have a good game is very rewarding. Horde is a great mode but at least reachable while last man standing is out there. I give the edge to walking dead but you won’t go wrong with either.

#13 4 years ago

I put 3 hours on twd last nite and get more impressed the more I play it. I said earlier imdn is bolted down and it appears that twd might be too, unless premium is that much better. any thoughts on twd pro vs prem?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

twd pro vs prem?

The Prem is even more fun and worth the upgrade

#15 4 years ago

I'm curious how Met Prem would fare in this heavyweight match up

#16 4 years ago

Tough, I have both but I got Maiden.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm curious how Met Prem would fare in this heavyweight match up

I own all three and MET would be the last to leave.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I own all three and MET would be the last to leave.

Yeah...I would go MET, TWD, then Maiden. But they are very close.

#19 4 years ago

MET > everything !

#20 4 years ago

Played all 3 of these quite a bit when I hit Vegas....bought TWDLE..easy choice for me

( even though Op only asked about 2 of them)

#21 4 years ago

Maiden PRO is better than both. Premium has unnecessary, pain in the ass mechs that don’t add to gameplay.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Played all 3 of these quite a bit when I hit Vegas....bought TWDLE..easy choice for me
( even though Op only asked about 2 of them)

Looking back, it's funny how much I disliked TWD when it first came out. Although it still kicks my ass most games, my appreciation of it has continued to grow over the years since. It is a game with unique character.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Maiden PRO is better than both. Premium has unnecessary, pain in the ass mechs that don’t add to gameplay.

After initial adjustment, the mechs on my Maiden LE have worked great. Consequently, I appreciate the added features the Premium/LE offers. So much so, that whenever I watch a Maiden Pro being streamed, it always feels like something is missing gameplay-wise.

#23 4 years ago

MET premium is better than both. I’ve just played it SO much. TWD is the toughest challenge and best code. Maiden shots are really forgiving but it’s a fun pin.

#24 4 years ago

Looking back, it's funny how much I disliked TWD when it first came out. Although it still kicks my ass most games, my appreciation of it has continued to grow over the years since. It is a game with unique character.

Absolute truth!! despised it when it came out, then became completely addicted over time ( and code drops).

Game destroys me most of the time, but when you get a good ball or 2...whew

#25 4 years ago

The replay factor is so high on both and had a feeling TWD would hold its own. Close match.

#26 4 years ago

Something else.

#27 4 years ago

Good point. Premium extras are fussy and don't add a lot. I had a pro and liked it fine.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Something else.

A Tom Tom perhaps drummermike?

image002 (resized).jpgimage002 (resized).jpg

#29 4 years ago

A Tom Tom perhaps drummermike?

[quoted image]

That works for me!

#30 4 years ago

I feel the same about TWD. Much prefer playing the Pro. The only extra I miss from the Premium/Le is the lighting. Love that red effect GI. The extra stuff (drop target, Well Walker magnet, Bicycle Girl bash toy) is unnecessary to me and doesn’t add much (I can’t stand the crossbow).
But the biggest reason I prefer the Pro is the left ramp. I use CDC as one of my main scoring strategies and the left ramp on the Pro is silky smooth for repeated CDC shots whereas it is much clunkier on the Premium/LE.

#31 4 years ago

Good to see TWD holding it's own. TWD Premium is one of my top pins of all time, and probably my favorite Stern game. I also wasn't too impressed with it at first, but the code transformed it into a masterpiece. It should be ranked higher.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I feel the same about TWD. Much prefer playing the Pro. The only extra I miss from the Premium/Le is the lighting. Love that red effect GI. The extra stuff (drop target, Well Walker magnet, Bicycle Girl bash toy) is unnecessary to me and doesn’t add much (I can’t stand the crossbow).
But the biggest reason I prefer the Pro is the left ramp. I use CDC as one of my main scoring strategies and the left ramp on the Pro is silky smooth for repeated CDC shots whereas it is much clunkier on the Premium/LE.

While I will agree that the left ramp on TWD Premium can be frustratingly steep, I still prefer this version due to the numerous additional features it provides. LOVE both the extra lighting effects and the bicycle girl bash toy. The crossbow and Well Walker magnet add some gameplay variety, and a big feature that you failed to mention are walker bombs. Having these available to use in this game really adds to its depth and strategy options.

#33 4 years ago

I have a twdle th e game is crazy fun and tough in a good way. Code is awesome.
Maiden is incredible as well I want a maiden also.

#34 4 years ago

While I will agree that the left ramp on TWD Premium can be frustratingly steep, I still prefer this version due to the numerous additional features it provides. LOVE both the extra lighting effects and the bicycle girl bash toy. The crossbow and Well Walker magnet add some gameplay variety, and a big feature that you failed to mention are walker bombs. Having these available to use in this game really adds to its depth and strategy options.

The walker bombs are great!

#35 4 years ago

I have to go with Maiden but that’s only because Dead has been kicking my ass all over the place the last 30 to 40 games or so. You would think just by the law of averages I would get at least one decent game now and then. What a nasty table!

#36 4 years ago

In a good way^

#37 4 years ago

IMDN all day every day. It's the complete package, TWD has a few strong points, but is far from perfection. Let's break it down, shall we.

Theme: IMDN - If you like Iron Maiden, then IMDN is amazing on all fronts. If you like The Walking Dead, then TWD somewhat resembles a cheap knockoff of the Walking Dead theme, bad voice acting, content limited to the first couple of seasons, etc.

Art: IMDN - Beautiful art package by Zombie Yeti, one of the best in modern pinball. TWD: Fugly as sin photoshop collage.

Layout/Shots: IMDN - Amazing flow and shot geometry, 4 flippers that you need to use a lot, nice combination of easy and difficult shots. TWD - Poorly executed playfield. Top right 1/3 wasted on meaningless bumper nest with terrible random exits. Momentum killing well walker about as fun to hit as watching paint dry...

Music/Sound effects: IMDN - Soundtrack is rocking! Sound package is fantastic. When you light this game up it feels like the end of the world! TWD - Okay but not great.

Callouts: IMDN - Some of the highest quality voice work in a pin in many years. Custom callouts from two distinct voices (male and female). Humerous as hell too. TWD - Incredible lame and annoying fake southern accent guy...

Rules: Tie. Both of these games have some of the best rules packages in pinball.

Premium Features: IMDN - left ramp lock is rewarding to shoot and adds shot variety to the game vs. the Pro, as does the lifting center ramp. TWD - crossbow is a mixed bag, though the walker-bomb button is appreciated by most. Most people don't even shoot for the bicycle ladie under the left ramp and it's not really fun to do so.

Let's face it, IMDN is an all time classic that wins on every level. If it weren't for Lyman's amazing rules TWD would be forgotten failure, rarely mentioned and often found on the same lists as WWE.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

IMDN all day every day.

Seems pretty mixed so far for an “all day every day”, but nice job laying it out- some solid points!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

IMDN all day every day. It's the complete package, TWD has a few strong points, but is far from perfection. Let's break it down, shall we.
Theme: IMDN - If you like Iron Maiden, then IMDN is amazing on all fronts. If you like The Walking Dead, then TWD somewhat resembles a cheap knockoff of the Walking Dead theme, bad voice acting, content limited to the first couple of seasons, etc.
Art: IMDN - Beautiful art package by Zombie Yeti, one of the best in modern pinball. TWD: Fugly as sin photoshop collage.
Layout/Shots: IMDN - Amazing flow and shot geometry, 4 flippers that you need to use a lot, nice combination of easy and difficult shots. TWD - Poorly executed playfield. Top right 1/3 wasted on meaningless bumper nest with terrible random exits. Momentum killing well walker about as fun to hit as watching paint dry...
Music/Sound effects: IMDN - Soundtrack is rocking! Sound package is fantastic. When you light this game up it feels like the end of the world! TWD - Okay but not great.
Callouts: IMDN - Some of the highest quality voice work in a pin in many years. Custom callouts from two distinct voices (male and female). Humerous as hell too. TWD - Incredible lame and annoying fake southern accent guy...
Rules: Tie. Both of these games have some of the best rules packages in pinball.
Premium Features: IMDN - left ramp lock is rewarding to shoot and adds shot variety to the game vs. the Pro, as does the lifting center ramp. TWD - crossbow is a mixed bag, though the walker-bomb button is appreciated by most. Most people don't even shoot for the bicycle ladie under the left ramp and it's not really fun to do so.
Let's face it, IMDN is an all time classic that wins on every level. If it weren't for Lyman's amazing rules TWD would be forgotten failure, rarely mentioned and often found on the same lists as WWE.

Not sure how you really feel.....but several invalid points regarding both... good luck Op...let IMDN get a few years under it's belt...there is no such thing as an "all day, everyday" winner....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prem-vs-imdn-prem?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.