Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tuna_Delight
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Would like to hear comments on which game is more fun. TWD premium or MMr . I played a MMr in an arcade place and liked it but am looking at TWD also. Can only afford one of them.

#2 3 years ago

Mmr is fun but not enjoyable. Twd is enjoyable but never fun.

#3 3 years ago

MMR is a fantastic game, fun, enjoyable, hard enough to challenge 90 % of pinballers and has some sweet shots and rules and ambiance as well. MMR is light-hearted, TWD is not lighthearted but can be all of those other things as well. Really a matter of what theme you like better and MMR, in my opinion, has better flow than TWD premium. I am not into zombies in any way, shape or manner so that decision would be an easy one for me.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Lol...sounds pretty accurate.

Funny you bring up these two particular games because I just got TWD premium last week and my next will be MMr without a doubt.

#5 3 years ago

Yeah I wouldn't mind having an MMR but every time I play it's just ok kinda fun. On the other hand, TWD is never fun to me but so challenging that's it's one of my favorite ever made, masterpiece.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This is pure poetry.

I look at MMR as "mindless fun" and TWD as "battle fun".

#7 3 years ago

Both are highlight games for me (in the collection), and very fun, but in different ways. MMR is more repetitive, has longer game times, is easier, I love the humour and the packed PF. TWD LE/Prem is more varied (as you progress in it), has shorter game times, is more difficult, and is more intense with lots of fun interaction on the PF. They compliment each other very nicely.

For myself, having no memory of ever playing MM, both pins were essentially new to me. So both pins had that important aspect to me as well.

I didn't recommend one over the other since everyone is different and you haven't explained what you want (fun can be defined many different ways). Also, some people want the same flavour of ice cream over and over again (with their pins), while others want variety. Both are great options. GL

#8 3 years ago

Both are great. I would consider how good of a pinball player(s) you and your family are. If you are more average than pro, MM may be the better game for you as TWD can be quite brutal. Also, TWD is going to have shorter game times than MM.

Two of the best games out there IMO.

#9 3 years ago

If you are are casual player MM, If you are serious player TWD. MM is great, but will get boring once you master the shots. The ruleset of TWD will keep you challenged for a long time.

#10 3 years ago

I have owned TWD for almost 3 years and I still have not finished all of the wizard modes. Like many have said, MMr is a beautiful remake that is approachable for most players. TWD will bring you to tears with its diffficulty, but you will still go back for more because it is that good of a game. I have never seen an episode of The Walking Dead. I bought the game because I loved the playfield design, the code, and the lighting. With certain sound patches, the game becomes even more engrossing. You can't go wrong with either, though.

#11 3 years ago

No contest for me - TWD Premium.

MM (and MMR) is a fine game, but I don't place it on as high a pedestal as many other pinheads apparently do.

I enjoy playing TWD Premium much more because its (asymmetric) layout and ruleset are more unique; and its gameplay, although brutal, is way more intense and immersive for me. And I'm not a big fan of the TV show either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside