(Topic ID: 196510)

TWD, POTC, Shadow, scared kids what to do?

By flashinstinct

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0242 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I bought a TWD NIB about 2 years ago and really like the game. The kids have finally showed some interest in pinball with Mustang coming in this week. They've played more this last week than they have in the past 2 years. With that said my oldest (7) is scared of the zombies and he really doesn't want to be anywhere near the game (My 5 year old daughter loves it LOL, go figure). The games are located in a small room that can fit 4 games. Current line up consist of TFLE, TWD Pro, Mustang Pro, XM LE.
    I've got 3 scenarios I could choose and I'm really on the fence and looking at some other people's insight and experience with this. I like TWD but also love that my kids are playing more pinball.
    Scenario 1
    I've got a potential trade for a very nice shadow + cash for my TWD. This scenario potentially let me increase my collection by one more game around xmas. (Sell unused pool table and move the collection to the bigger room)
    Scenario 2
    Find a POTC of the caribbean and sell TWD. Have a small amount of cash back and put a few mods in upgrades my current games.
    Scenario 3
    Move TWD way to the end of the line up and arrange it
    TWD (turn off), TFLE, Mustang, XM LE and let him grow into it slowly for the next 2 years or so.

For someone who's on a #wheresthecode crusade, I'd stay way clear of potc. Code isn't bad, the multiball stacking is fun, but it's very limited and not as creative as today's games that you've deemed plagued with unfinished code.

I had my Twd when my son was 2 and was able to get away with it. I since sold and almost picked up another recently but opted for SMVE for the same reason of him beginning to reach that age where those sort of things can scare him (he's almost 5 now).

If Twd is one of your favorites, you're going to want to get something really good to replace it to help that missing piece in your life. I think going the route of getting a shadow now and another later or trading up shadow is a good idea.

I would definitely try scenario 3 first though and see what happens.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-potc-shadow-what-to-do?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.