Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by goldant
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I'm very new to pinball, but it has started to become a recent obsession of mine. I'm getting a TWD Premium, and am trying to get some of the initial stuff ordered for it.

I've ordered a playfield protector specifically for the premium from Best of Pinball over in Germany. Should I also order cliffy protectors? The shooter lane protector still makes sense since the playfield protector doesn't cover that. I don't think I need the magnet protectors since I've got the playfield protector. The bicycle girl ramp support seems like it might still be worthwhile to have the metal support to cushion the blow of the falling ramp? Any ideas here, would the BG ramp support actually help prevent playfield dimple?

Anyone with a playfield protector know if switch slot protectors still help with the playfield protector?

Thanks for any help with this, I figure if I'm going to add cliffys, I'm going to do it before I apply the playfield protector, I don't want to tear down the machine twice.

TWD Protectors: http://www.passionforpinball.com/twd.htm
Switch slot protectors: http://www.passionforpinball.com/switchslot.htm

#2 8 years ago

without the cliffy your bicycle ramp will ruin your playfield after a week.
Get it asap. I didn't have the updated ramp kit but Id add the cliffy anyhow.

#3 8 years ago

If you got a whole play field protector you sldnt need anything else but maybe the shooter lane cliffys. I actually think that it is overkill and I dont think its super easy to put on? Believe me I keep my pins nice and play them alot but some mylar and cliffys in key areas is plenty for huo if you keep them clean and maintenanced

#4 8 years ago

New run of TWD should have foam under the ramp flap which negates the biggest issue, the one I just bought has it. Will have Mylar down on the pf there, they always came that way, some people have the bottom side of the rivets wear through the Mylar. You can dremel those down if ya like.

I bought the full Cliffy set for it though, I will still install the large Cliffy under the BG ramp....

I always cut a piece of Mylar for the shooter lane, put the SL cliffy's right over it, pretty wear proof at that point.

Not sure how the mag cliffy's will fit over the pf protector you bought, maybe install before you put the huge sheet over it??? I dunno....

The clear on this newest run is F'n beautiful, I personally wouldn't install the huge sheet but do what ya like!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

without the cliffy your bicycle ramp will ruin your playfield after a week.
Get it asap. I didn't have the updated ramp kit but Id add the cliffy anyhow.

Thanks I didn't know about the kit, I wonder if the machine I've got coming will have it.

I think I'll pass on the mag cliffys for now, and definitely install the BG ramp cliffy under the playfield protector.

Quoted from centerflank:

I always cut a piece of Mylar for the shooter lane, put the SL cliffy's right over it, pretty wear proof at that point.

I'll get some mylar so I can do that too, thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-playfield-protector-cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.