image-367.jpg
image.jpg
20150117_113033.jpg
20150117_113226.jpg
20150117_113124.jpg
20150117_111640.jpg
image-662.jpg
image-16.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Yes the Packers choked , Panthers fan here , I feel you pain

#52 9 years ago

Seriously guys, the outlanes on TWD are not that bad. Of the recent Sterns, Transformers, Tron,Metallica's left side, Avatar's left side, AC/DC's right side are all worse. Try Tommy, Lost World,Aztec, etc. Then you will change your perception of TWD.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

TWD a has the worst Outlane drains of any pin I have ever played. Absolutely brutal and nudges hardly ever work. Only game I've played where my nudging is 98% useless. It is ruining the game for me as well. The left is like a vacuum cleaner sucking in your ball.

ACDC is pretty bad too.

Rob

#54 9 years ago

Bring back Magna save

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

ACDC is pretty bad too.
Rob

Its the right outlane on ACDC for me, but it's only because I can't see the damn thing.

#56 9 years ago

I have noted this as a problem on mine.

#57 9 years ago

It would be nice to see some of the audits from those that feel this is a problem vs those that don't feel it's an issue. I'd do it but I don't own TWD I have noticed that some examples of the game are really bad with SDTM out of the pops. I wonder if this is a case of some games just being more outline hungry than others or if it's a perceived issue.

Post up those audits that show the % of drains to the outlanes vs SDTM. Would be interesting to compare them.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It would be nice to see some of the audits from those that feel this is a problem vs those that don't feel it's an issue. I'd do it but I don't own TWD I have noticed that some examples of the game are really bad with SDTM out of the pops. I wonder if this is a case of some games just being more outline hungry than others or if it's a perceived issue.
Post up those audits that show the % of drains to the outlanes vs SDTM. Would be interesting to compare them.

I have an LE. I should check them tonight. Interesting...

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I had 3 times as many STDM as opposed to the Left, I'll take pics later & post

#60 9 years ago

Not a problem here.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-367.jpgimage-367.jpg image-11.jpgimage-11.jpg image-742.jpgimage-742.jpg image-880.jpgimage-880.jpg image-117.jpgimage-117.jpg
#61 9 years ago

Seems to be about what I expected from the limited play I've had on the game. Curious to see if others have about the same distribution. For kicks and giggles I took 3 of my games and did the same to see how they paired. They all are pretty close with the exception of the right drain on my ST. That side is killing me

For my games take note that all my lanes are wide open with the exception of AC/DC. Tilts are super tight as I'm trying to learn to nudge without tilting on tournament type games.

Here is a spreadsheet I made to compare the games (yes I know that is borderline OCD/nerdy) and picks to show I'm not making this stuff up. I'll insert figures in for others if they would like.

***TWD is Stack15's audits as I don't own TWD.***

comparison.jpgcomparison.jpg
acdc.jpgacdc.jpg
MET.jpgMET.jpg
ST.jpgST.jpg

#62 9 years ago

P.S. - Thanks for letting me participate in this thread. It sparked curiosity on if our perceptions are right about drain games.

#63 9 years ago

For the purposes of the spreadsheet, TWD has zero tilts. Thou shalt not tilt I guess

#64 9 years ago

Updated the chart with that and fixed my ST error. Shouldn't have been trying to do this so late last night I guess.

#65 9 years ago

Mine with 2194 Plays is

1169 Left Drain
4614 Center Drain
974 Right Drain

#66 9 years ago

So basically it looks like the left and right drains on TWD are about the same. It's not like there are twice as many drains on the left as on the right.

#67 9 years ago

I looked at my ST audits. Hardly any left drains!

#68 9 years ago

My God! Who looks at this stuff or cares. You guys need to just play more and have fun. Charts and data are for work!!

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My God! Who looks at this stuff or cares. You guys need to just play more and have fun. Charts and data are for work!!

Audits help determine the behavior of the game. I check audits periodically to make sure that I am providing a great playing experience. If ball times are low I will adjust posts, up ball saver, maybe adjust game software features. Have heavy drains on one side of the machine versus the other? Check to make sure the game is level and if it is adjust that sides out lane posts. You want return customers so things like these are important.

One of the biggest adjustments on TWD is swapping the thinner stern rubber post of a thicker WMS/BLY post rubber to the left of the crossbow/tank ramp. This stops the ball from doing center drains coming out of the pop bumpers. Blue locktight on the screws that hold the anti-loft plastic in place above the bicycle girl ramp. Adjusting the gap on the bicycle girl ramp. Adjusting the tilt a little looser than normal so that a player can effectively work the machine. It's small stuff but the feedback from the players has been really positive.

3 years later
#70 5 years ago

it's funny seeing old threads like this, I've never noticed that there wasn't a rubber post in the outlane area.
if only they could see what Trudeau and stern has in store for them in 2016 they'd probably quit the hobby .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-outlanes-fix-without-drilling-for-a-post/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.