• KISS Premium 59 votes
    29%

(203 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_ma54nnW0tv1rsykvdo1_r1_250.gif
Jewels.jpg
image.jpg
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You don't need spinners, an extra drop target that actually speeds the game up by keeping it out of the shooter lane and pops, or walker, prison and well walker bombs either? I'll agree to disagree
Oh and the extra magnet flings the ball around super fast and crazy, doesn't stop it

Perhaps you are right but for $2000 more it is a tough sell to me. The experience might be a better but the "value" is not. I am sure if I had a premium I would say the opposite.

#53 8 years ago

TWDLE cost me 9200 when it was released and as much as I loved that game it just wasn't worth close to 10K, I know fellow owners would disagree but I sold mine for close to what I purchased and bought a Pinbot, Centuar 2 and WW all in very good condition, got my Hobbit LE refund and picked up RoadKings, Arena, Blackout, FB2 and CPR playfield minty Firepower with funds left, looking at an Elektra and Police Force. I'm not knocking expensive pins as I'm in on Alien LE paid in full, but its Alien and I have to, I guess some feel that way regarding Kiss LE or TWDLE. Anyway, in Canada at least it has become ridiculous, even a pro is 6500 with tax thats 7300 dollars, too many other classic pins to be had for that money.

#54 8 years ago

I have to say. I played the shit out of Kiss this weekend.

Let me say this. I love the walking dead TV show. I fucking HATE kiss the band. They are awful, but I do like Gene Simmons the person.

And in regards to that. I thought the pin was fantastic. I couldn't believe how much I liked it. Loved the layout. Liked the rules and love the art package. The music still sucks because it's Kiss, but I can look past it.

TWD, did not like the rules, nor the layout or the look. Overall it was clunky and uneventful. I wanted to love it and didn't.

Just goes to show, that theme doesn't mean dick.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have to say. I played the shit out of Kiss this weekend.
Let me say this. I love the Walking Dead TV show. I fucking HATE kiss the band. They are awful, but I do like Gene Simmons the person.
And in regards to that. I thought the pin was fantastic. I couldn't believe how much I liked it. Loved the layout. Liked the rules and love the art package. The music still sucks because it's Kiss, but I can look past it.
TWD, did not like the rules, nor the layout or the look. Overall it was clunky and uneventful. I wanted to love it and didn't.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#56 8 years ago

TWD is sure not clunky, and takes more then a few games to see why it's a great game.

But it's a sharpshooters game and takes some time to figure out the scoring potentials.
If you get Bloodbath going with another multiball and a good mode it's a real rush. Added then that you have some good value multikills it just adds up to that.
With Siege, Horde and last man standing in the pipeline it has a really great package.

Have not yet played Kiss (only just available in Europe) but shouldn't take long.

#57 8 years ago

As a fan of the TWD series, the call-outs by the redneck are just annoying... this game would have greatly benefited from using real voices from the series.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

As a fan of the TWD series, the call-outs by the redneck are just annoying... this game would have greatly benefited from using real voices from the series.

That's not longer a issue with special thanks to various pinside members.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

That's not longer a issue with special thanks to various pinside members.

Correct I just installed the code update with sound from Cleland and it is awesome!!

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

And I really like the call outs ... so go figure

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Totally disagree with this. I am a Pro guy at heart but TWD premium is the way to go if you have the dough. I've never seen such a stripped down pro since xmen and even it wasn't as stripped down as TWD pro. All you get with the pro is the prison a magnet and the well walker, pretty bare to me and not nearly as interactive and fun as the premium.

I like TWD preem. But from a competitive perspective and a financial one, TWD pro would be the game in my stable. Just my opinion... I'm happy to come on over and play the heck out of a TWD preem too! But at big competitions which favor balanced and evenly earned point opportunities, I see TWD pro there, not the preem or SE.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nonsense.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I like TWD preem. But from a competitive perspective and a financial one, TWD pro would be the game in my stable. Just my opinion... I'm happy to come on over and play the heck out of a TWD preem too! But at big competitions which favor balanced and evenly earned point opportunities, I see TWD pro there, not the preem or SE.

Ok I suck at pinball so I don't compete. But if you are talking only competitions then yeah I can see your point for sure. The pro is probably a lot tougher with all the extra scoring opportunities missing and not having the bombs to save you so I definently see how it could be way better for competitions then the premium.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree in terms of playing it on site somewhere but theme is the most important thing for me in collecting pinball, I will never own Kiss as I don't enjoy that band at all, I tried it already with Met Pre and AC/DC Luci, great games but I'm not a fan and they didn't last long as a result. I could look past the cheese of 90's sci fi movies, JM, Shadow etc. if the pin is great then simply appreciate the high cheese factor and bad acting but WOZ will never be in the house because its WOZ. No offense intended to those who like that theme or old rock bands, my ultimate band pin is Slayer and how many pinsiders would be interested in that? Theme is highly important.

#65 8 years ago

On the list of things of importance. It's really around 4th on the list. Layout and rules will always come first. Sure a super horrible theme, like Justin beiber or whatever, would suck regardless if it had software and layout of the gods. But would be great for a retheme. Just saying it's not the end all if the theme isn't picture perfect. I guess it comes down to what you enjoy most out of your games. Originality, layout, and rules always come first for me. Theme used to matter, until I found out through the years, that buying a game on theme can bite you in the ass. Plenty of themes that I love and wanted to love the game, but just didn't happen.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

PM sent for you my friend. I really think I helped the game in that department and will continue to make it better with the next update.
I voted Walking Dead Premium for obvious reasons, but I really do love the layout and rules, and now the sound thanks to me

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I really think I helped the game in that department and will continue to make it better with the next update.

The "gonna be hungry again in an hour" or whatever it says always cracks me up. Poor Glenn. LOL!

#68 8 years ago

Yeah, that's one of the one's when you hit the Wellwaker. Merle says "He's gonna be hungry again in an hour".

Man, I have so many new ones to implement when the next code drops...I hope they add more callouts for each mode.

There are lots of placer holders in the code, but only 5 or so are being used....would love like 10 variations

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Man, I have so many new ones to implement when the next code drops..

My kids have been re-watching old episodes lately, I always catch a few lines that I immediately want to put into my machine. Fun stuff! Thanks again for doing all that, you are the bestest! I will give you an amazing manhug if I ever meet you.

#70 8 years ago

The walking dead keeps me wanting more. This is one of the very few machines that consistently kicks my ass! I love every second of it. Challenging, super fast paced game.

My only wish is for it to have a ball lock/mystery. Gives you time to enjoy the animations and understand what's truly happening. I rarely have an opportunity to see how well I'm doing during the game...except when I drain. Yeah, that happens a lot. Lol

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just saying it's not the end all if the theme isn't picture perfect.

I agree.

But that's not what you said originally. You said theme "doesn't mean dick."

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree.
But that's not what you said originally. You said theme "doesn't mean dick."

that's true. Came out a little more severe than my intention.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I priced out a TWD Premium and the price is insane... $9300 Canadian or about $10500 delivered. That's $2700 more than the same time last year for a Stern premium. The pro models are now about $7300 delivered.... Our dollar basically dropped 25% in value since this time last year. F$^&*.....
Rob

Rob I have a WD Pro (if you can settle for a pro over a premium) in stock in Saskatoon for $6390 + tax

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I prefer the shots on Kiss over the Walking Dead. Walking Dead has a lot of cheap drains.

Hmmm. I've seen multiple posts from Kiss owners talking about it being a big drainer. Just the most recent example https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-with-kiss-le. A weak comparison point.

Frankly many new Stern machines have been called that, from Met/ACDC on. Just saying

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Hmmm. I've seen multiple posts from Kiss owners talking about it being a big drainer. Just the most recent example https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-with-kiss-le. A weak comparison point.
Frankly many new Stern machines have been called that, from Met/ACDC on. Just saying

Agreed! I remember all the talk about cheap drains on AC/DC when it came out. It was so bad stern had to incorporate a fix into later models which was just a little wire sticking out to prevent the "cheap drains". What it really comes down to is, haters gonna hate.

#76 8 years ago

Ok, forget the premiums as they are too costly here. What about TWD Pro vs KISS Pro? I've watched the videos of KISS and for a pro it seems to be actually pretty good. It doesn't seem as stripped down like TWD Pro is. You still have the metal ball rails, some multi colored led's and the spinner.

Rob

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from devpin:

Rob I have a WD Pro (if you can settle for a pro over a premium) in stock in Saskatoon for $6390 + tax

I will keep that in mind. I am leaning towards a KISS pro though over a TWD pro. But I may just wait until too - it's a tough decision!

Rob

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, forget the premiums as they are too costly here. What about TWD Pro vs KISS Pro? I've watched the videos of KISS and for a pro it seems to be actually pretty good. It doesn't seem as stripped down like TWD Pro is. You still have the metal ball rails, some multi colored led's and the spinner.
Rob

If you are looking at the pro versions I would actually go with kiss then. TWD pro is WAY to stripped down and kiss pro isn't that stripped down from the LE. Go kiss.

#79 8 years ago

I played Kiss Pro and WD pro side by side and it was an easy decision to go with TWD. I have not played the premium or LE and to me I have no issue with the pro. Don't find anything missing. I added about $500 worth or mods and the game is really awesome. maybe Kiss will mature with code but Right now it is just not there.

#80 8 years ago

KISS Pro it is.

Rob

2 weeks later
#81 8 years ago

Funny I just realized you went with the lowest vote? Props for going against the grain.

#83 8 years ago

TWD code is much better

#84 8 years ago

KISS is more charming IMO. It feels right. Bright and fun and rocking.

Lots going on in TWD for me that ultimately leaves me ambivalent. I thought I'd love the mood and intensity but alas it just feels too ponderous. Would love to play one with the new voices, and with flippers correctly aligned. It's fun - I've put a lot of quarters in it - but I guess I really do prefer more upbeat games.

I hope the code development on KISS is kick ass, as I could see me buying one someday. Not feeling the "buy me" from TWD. And I'm a huge fan of the show.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

KISS Pro it is.
Rob

So you have to get a TWD LE / Prem in addition after the latest TWD code update to turn your previous wrong decision into a correct one

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

So you have to get a TWD LE / Prem in addition after the latest TWD code update to turn your previous wrong decision into a correct one

It will probably be next year. Maybe then currency exchange rates will be better.

Rob

#87 8 years ago

We all have our own preferences that's why I agree with shovelhead play em and decide for yourself. As far as my opinion I love TWD series and don't listen to KISS much at all. However, when it comes to gameplay, looks, sound, and dots to me KISS absolutely destroys TWD. I really do not care for TWD layout at all but really dig the layout for KISS. Please no one take offense just one dudes opinion.

You don't need to thumbs down everyone that does not like TWD Quarter. You like it we get that

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

However, when it comes to gameplay, looks, sound, and dots to me KISS absolutely destroys TWD. I really do not care for TWD layout at all but really dig the layout for KISS. Please no one take offense just one dudes opinion.

And this dude's opinion is 100% opposite of yours!

I've obviously come a long way from my original feelings on TWD. It's still my most played pin in my collection. KISS did nothing for me, but I will withhold final judgment since I haven't played it enough. I can't say that I see myself owning it down the road though.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And this dude's opinion is 100% opposite of yours!
I've obviously come a long way from my original feelings on TWD. It's still my most played pin in my collection. KISS did nothing for me, but I will withhold final judgment since I haven't played it enough. I can't say that I see myself owning it down the road though.

Hey I respect that to each their own. We like different style of pins sometimes. I feel about TWD how you feel about XM. Just not my cup o tea I don't like anything about it except maybe the Pro cab art.

#90 8 years ago

I feel about TWD how you feel about XM.

Oh, I doubt that!

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh, I doubt that!

I just have to be extra careful when expressing my distain for most things on the forum now days.

#92 8 years ago

I just have to be extra careful when expressing my distain for most things on the forum.

No, you are only human, distain, distain!

#93 8 years ago

I just have to be extra careful when expressing my distain for most things on the forum now days.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

No, you are only human, distain, distain!

LOL. I can't take opinions from people who can't spell basic english words. . jk

I've played both TWD (LE) and Kiss (Pro). I found the Kiss pro quite easy to play, high scores instantly. Not optimal in a home environment for me. Plus, the theme isn't my thing at all, and the star child area is a waste, a total waste. No matter how much the code changes, it won't change how easy it is or the long ball plays, only the score. TWD (LE) is much more challenging and has more staying power with that one more game feel. TWD has made me a much better player and using that experience I found the kiss game/layout easy, quite easy, too easy. Still a fun game to play though. Another way to think is that I'm happy to play Kiss pro on route, and own a TWD machine.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

LOL. I can't take opinions from people who can't spell basic english words. . jk

Just messin right back atcha Allow me to retort:
Jewels.jpgJewels.jpg

Kiwi wants me to go here.
tumblr_ma54nnW0tv1rsykvdo1_r1_250.giftumblr_ma54nnW0tv1rsykvdo1_r1_250.gif

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I've played both TWD (LE) and Kiss (Pro). I found the Kiss pro quite easy to play, high scores instantly. Not optimal in a home environment for me. Plus, the theme isn't my thing at all, and the star child area is a waste, a total waste. No matter how much the code changes, it won't change how easy it is or the long ball plays, only the score. TWD (LE) is much more challenging and has more staying power with that one more game feel. TWD has made me a much better player and using that experience I found the kiss game/layout easy, quite easy, too easy. Still a fun game to play though. Another way to think is that I'm happy to play Kiss pro on route, and own a TWD machine.

Fat fingers on my phone. Lol

1 month later
#96 8 years ago

Just a followup to this thread I had - KISS didn't last in the collection. The reason I sold it was to get a GOT pro which from all accounts is a pretty fun game. A big deciding factor in selling KISS was the poor code development. And from that it doesn't have staying power in a home collection because the rules are just too basic and there's little strategy involved in playing the game. The code had a decent start out of the gate I think, but as usual Stern falls way behind updating the game.

Rob

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just a followup to this thread I had - KISS didn't last in the collection. The reason I sold it was to get a GOT pro which from all accounts is a pretty fun game. A big deciding factor in selling KISS was the poor code development. And from that it doesn't have staying power in a home collection because the rules are just too basic and there's little strategy involved in playing the game. The code had a decent start out of the gate I think, but as usual Stern falls way behind updating the game.
Rob

So whats going to change? Im getting a got too so im in the same boat. You wont find any difference in getting a GoT with regards to code. KISS like TWD is not much of a player at first but potential is huge.

Remember most bagged TWD and it took ages before lyman got it to where it is. People have very short memories it would seem.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

So whats going to change? Im getting a got too so im in the same boat. You wont find any difference in getting a GoT with regards to code. KISS like TWD is not much of a player at first but potential is huge.
Remember most bagged TWD and it took ages before lyman got it to where it is. People have very short memories it would seem.

TWD has Lyman

KISS has Lonnie

End of discussion

#99 8 years ago

I actually loved the twd layout (a lot more than kiss) on the first software release. We had one the first production games at our show in Belgium that was transferred to Europe by plane.

On the second update I loved it already so I went NIB (coming from B/W collection, it was my first!).
Off course Horde and LMS was not implemented yet but all the rest was pretty solid from the start!

Kiss has a better initial software release but doesn't seem to keep interest very long.. Hope it improves cause it has potential.
Of course, if you're a kiss fan, the choice is obvious.

#100 8 years ago

TWD over Kiss easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 26.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-or-kiss/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.